Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Saga OOC: Beginning of the End

Go down 
+5
Kaguyalover
Antifreke
ShinTre_Admin
aѕceпxion
Psi Prince
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male
Number of posts : 2610
Rep! : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 9:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

Figured, I would get this out of the way now. Just in case people have any questions, comments, concerns, disputes and such. This is where you voice them to keep the saga flowing.

@Shin: Since all 3 of us are floating up in the sky observing the situation, please remember to describe what we see when we look at the army and the fortress. Thank you.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Ethereal
Intern

Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2010-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 1:46 pm

Heightened senses in transformed state dude <_<. Sniffin ya out ftw
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3438
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 2:30 pm

HE SHOULD HAVE CHANGED UNDERWEARS!
Back to top Go down
https://wotr.rpg-board.net
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 5:52 pm

ShinTre_Admin wrote:
@ kyro - i read it
@ kaz - guess for a tie i'll do a judgment call xD but it's not a tie. x2 would be a tie. it's x1.5 (+1 higher) or x3 (+2 higher) b/c the multiplier is 1.5.
i guess u rolled for me? so it's
24, *, *, 17
*, 39, 23, *
advantage: marc, muk, muk, marc
@ the shingine add-on - so what i'm hearin is... ppl would rather their fate be controlled by me than by chance? @_@
From my standpoint, yes. Because I still stand by the point of it makes no real sense + it's a major buzzkill when you know something fails before you even get to see a response. But your system potentially makes control levels more whimsical than even you do. It's my personal opinion/preference, but I've never liked random effect generators. I hated them in PHP sites when I used to play RTK and I definitely hate them even more in an RP. I'd rather you "BS" your way out of an attack than some baseless system tell me that my attack didn't work.

Also, the issue with contingent actions that Kyro and I talked about is another issue. Having to roll for what-ifs is bothersome imo. B/c if this doesn't work, then I wouldn't do this, I would do that becomes a hassle since your system prompts ppl to naturally overload a post with actions. The result is that you'd have to basically have two separate posts combined into one in order to RP and describe both scenarios since our main focus is RPing. All in all, this site was made to be non-stat, so that it isn't this roll or this one stat means that this is gonna happen. Yet the more things get updated the more things are becoming finite but in such a vague way.

A solution if you decide to keep this is to simply set the abilities according to drain instead of the current system b/c regardless of the effect of a tech, if it's easy/less strenuous to use then I should be able to do more of them.

Just my two cents on the matter.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 9:02 pm

ShinTre_Admin wrote:
@ kyro - i read it
@ kaz - guess for a tie i'll do a judgment call xD but it's not a tie. x2 would be a tie. it's x1.5 (+1 higher) or x3 (+2 higher) b/c the multiplier is 1.5.
i guess u rolled for me? so it's
24, *, *, 17
*, 39, 23, *
advantage: marc, muk, muk, marc

@ the shingine add-on - so what i'm hearin is... ppl would rather their fate be controlled by me than by chance? @_@
Yes.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 12:55 am

GameMast wrote:
The member 'Psi Prince' has done the following action : Roll!

#1 '[ ! Lvl ] Perfected' :
Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 OMEGA

--------------------------------

#2 'One Hundred Roll' : 99
While I'm still anti-the system... that roll was BEAUTIFUL! Best f'n time EVER to get an Omega^2! Which actually saved me from having to use my Miracle! I told you I was gonna kill him and get the girl... now I just need to finish him off and hide his body on Shima so Ai'des' punk a$$ can't revive him!

Sanzo... hurry up and gravely wound (KILL) a Pillar already, man. You're lagging behind the power curve! :)
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 1:10 am

I don't know how you would reflect magic that isn't a projectile attack (advanced BS degree?), but I will point out that you ignored, or rather didn't reference, Rune's post. His would interrupt yours and Marcos's to some degree. Aside from that, we do not yet have the go ahead to disregard the current system, so you didn't roll your values to see if you could gimp the hit, but then again, neither did Shin (meaning Ashurei should still be able to post... I'm still waiting). Still, by far the most inaccurate portion of your post was the fact that you put the sphere grid as opening in front of you when Shin stated that it opened over you. Of course, if it's over you, it's harder to see, not being in plain sight and all. BS detecting it would cost stamina, thus you modded a GM action and technique usage to fit your current needs. Just another reminder that other than not rolling your juggernauts, you're still cheating.

By the way, welcome back Rune.

Otherwise notable is the fact that the demon army has always had brains in the past when we've fought then, so why they would stab their master is unknown to me, even if they land on him (from above). Oh, that's right, you needed a way to stop the demonic bind (which shouldn't be interrupted) so that your character isn't paralyzed. I suppose that was a bullshit way to do it. Hmm. You're the on complaining about Shin being unjust to your character right? Just checking.

:) Nice roll.
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female
Number of posts : 2378
Rep! : 18
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 1:43 am

Hey, look here asshole.. Im the only one not fighting a pillar in a Supreme/ Sup+ State. Im doing it at good old fashioned Ascended stats, in true angelic fashion. Now, I'll take my time and go post, with the rate of one word per eight minutes. So, I'll have mine up around noon.
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 2:09 am

Posted. Now that Shin put the Leviathan in a position where he is in one pool of water growing ice outwards, it shouldnt be that difficult to hit him with some lightning.
Omega, Zeta, Zeta
Fierce x 2, Fierce, Fierce.

rock on.
Omega number 5 for the saga
Back to top Go down
Kaguyalover
Mystic Moogle
Kaguyalover

Female
Number of posts : 2348
Rep! : 20
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 3:06 am

I swear if i didn't know anything about the rolling systems I'd think you were rooting for frat houses XD
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male
Rep! : 29

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 9:02 am

@ all - aite, dun worry about the roll system anymore for now. i tried it out and saw what i liked and don't like so that's good enuff
@ psi - lol. finally joined the omega club. u must've cleared ur cooki... erm.. i mean... good job
@ kyro - shut u... wait... you gotta point there... ya kaz what's up w/that? hmmmmm? dun worry! the great balancer shall balance erv'thang
@ rune - WB!
@ ash - lolocopters. just do ur best!
@ ash 2 - TAY! nice rollo!
@ kimi - xD i see what u did thar! o.o
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 11:51 am

Hey now woman.
Im in a SORORITY.
t(-_-t)
Back to top Go down
Kaguyalover
Mystic Moogle
Kaguyalover

Female

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 12:30 pm

Soooooooooo Razz bwuahahahahahhaha. ^.^
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 12:46 pm

aѕceпxion wrote:
I don't know how you would reflect magic that isn't a projectile attack (advanced BS degree?), but I will point out that you ignored, or rather didn't reference, Rune's post. His would interrupt yours and Marcos's to some degree. Aside from that, we do not yet have the go ahead to disregard the current system, so you didn't roll your values to see if you could gimp the hit, but then again, neither did Shin (meaning Ashurei should still be able to post... I'm still waiting). Still, by far the most inaccurate portion of your post was the fact that you put the sphere grid as opening in front of you when Shin stated that it opened over you. Of course, if it's over you, it's harder to see, not being in plain sight and all. BS detecting it would cost stamina, thus you modded a GM action and technique usage to fit your current needs. Just another reminder that other than not rolling your juggernauts, you're still cheating.

By the way, welcome back Rune.

Otherwise notable is the fact that the demon army has always had brains in the past when we've fought then, so why they would stab their master is unknown to me, even if they land on him (from above). Oh, that's right, you needed a way to stop the demonic bind (which shouldn't be interrupted) so that your character isn't paralyzed. I suppose that was a bullshit way to do it. Hmm. You're the on complaining about Shin being unjust to your character right? Just checking.

:) Nice roll.
Perhaps you should read the effect of my ability before questioning it...

The magic attack must be en route to Mukhya's body in order to successfully reflect.
Effect: Reflects any listed magical ability back on its user; reflection strength based on level of control (Honed = up to Strong)
Drain: Destructive

Please point out where it says projectile attack? Don't worry, I'll wait. If you release magic that comes at me, I can reflect it. That's why Shin put a destructive drain on it regardless of the strength of the attack. I did misquote on the in front of me. (Yeah, no one has ever done that one.) As for Rune, there's no mod, I simply hadn't seen it. The only person I was interacting with was Shin, so I've skipped over everyone else's posts. Perhaps that's what that message in my inbox is about. Oops. (Yeah b/c you've NEVER skipped over people's posts, douche.) Umm... Mukhya has Omnivision. Also, I haven't gimped any attacks. Mukhya took the attacks (so no Juggernauts used), they simply don't hurt b/c he's sitting at Supreme+ Defense. He's currently in "F Yo Life, Bish Ninja!" mode. So why would they interrupt him? That's like putting a half-naked girl in front of you... some things just don't have an effect.

Umm, genius... I can just cast Grand Dispel on the bind. Orrr.... wait for it... move and not be there when he looks! Since that seems to be the new "I duck" defense to stuff. Also, Mukhya doesn't need to move in battle and I have Myndius and Portal, so why am I concerned about being paralyzed? Yeah, think before you rant please. I think I covered all of your inaccuracies. Thank you, you're dismissed.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 2:32 pm

ooooo! he said yo momma's fat yo! you gon take that?!
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 5:40 pm

Psi Prince wrote:
Perhaps you should read the effect of my ability before questioning it...

The magic attack must be en route to Mukhya's body in order to successfully reflect.
Effect: Reflects any listed magical ability back on its user; reflection strength based on level of control (Honed = up to Strong)

Please point out where it says projectile attack? Don't worry, I'll wait. If you release magic that comes at me, I can reflect it. That's why Shin put a destructive drain on it regardless of the strength of the attack. I did misquote on the in front of me. (Yeah, no one has ever done that one.) As for Rune, there's no mod, I simply hadn't seen it. The only person I was interacting with was Shin, so I've skipped over everyone else's posts. Perhaps that's what that message in my inbox is about. Oops. (Yeah b/c you've NEVER skipped over people's posts, douche.) Umm... Mukhya has Omnivision. Also, I haven't gimped any attacks. Mukhya took the attacks (so no Juggernauts used), they simply don't hurt b/c he's sitting at Supreme+ Defense. He's currently in "F Yo Life, Bish Ninja!" mode. So why would they interrupt him? That's like putting a half-naked girl in front of you... some things just don't have an effect.

Umm, genius... I can just cast Grand Dispel on the bind. Orrr.... wait for it... move and not be there when he looks! Since that seems to be the new "I duck" defense to stuff. Also, Mukhya doesn't need to move in battle and I have Myndius and Portal, so why am I concerned about being paralyzed? Yeah, think before you rant please. I think I covered all of your inaccuracies. Thank you, you're dismissed.

Your own effect kills your argument; or did you forget your fighting a Pillar?

Ayna (Mirror)
Having perfected the use of Grand Dispel and the Atma Visphota power, the Kunashi Keeper teaches Mukhya to truly perfect his defensive spiritual arts. Instead of simply negating the magic, Mukhya becomes able to reflect a magical ability back against its user at full power just by looking at it, after identifying a magic attack on his personage. As Mukhya gets stronger with the ability, he is able to reflect stronger powers. The magic attack must be en route to Mukhya's body in order to successfully reflect.

This means you suck vs customs of all kinds. I didn't want to point out that technique's major weakness, but there you have it. Now everyone with a soul line can rape you.

You lose.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 5:52 pm

How so? It apparently doesn't work against Pillar customs, but all customs are listed (they have to go on your bio ^_^) therefore, Ayna works against them and NO ONE can rape Mukhya anyway, even tho I'm SUPER busy+lazy. So yeah, good luck with that logic. Nowhere does that state "site-created" abilities. Yeah, I worded that ability, remember?

So that's how it's going down, son? Cool... you know you done f'd up now, right? Originally, you said you bought the beer at 12:45, now you just said that you bought the beer at 11:45. Yeah... you know you just f'd up.

I bet Kyro doesn't even know what movie that's from...
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 5:53 pm

'Listed' obviously means listed in the site's content; if it meant other wise there would be no point in specifying it since it would just apply to all magic techs. Try again.

But since you're confused, why don't you have that clarified? I'm sure you're right and there's nothing to worry about.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 6:17 pm

Me too b/c the need to specify would be for this scenario where there's no description at all so that I can't just use my ability to reflect anything Shin tried to throw at me.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 6:29 pm

Because there's obviously often used techniques with no descriptions... Fail.
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:32 pm

"f you life up" mode doesn't give unlimited stamina.. so whats all of ours at, or are you even keeping track of it anymore...
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 11:01 pm

You're supposed to be; since I'm not currently fighting I'm full on pretty much all characters.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 12:53 pm

Not unlimited stamina. I've specifically only used light draining abilities or fierce affinity techs b/c that Bleaus blessing thing gives you +25 HP/STA per turn, it just doesn't negate stamina since we're fighting pillars.
Back to top Go down
Kaguyalover
Mystic Moogle
Kaguyalover

Female

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 1:49 pm

It doesn't work against pillars...>.>

Regen (+25 HP/ST per post w/no stamina drain vs the demons from hell (excludes boosts and attacks vs pillars and special shinpcs))

I believe by that description it means it doesn't work when you're fighting against pillars.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 2:33 pm

I thought just the no drain part doesn't work? Old Man?

EDIT: That's why I haven't stepped out of my affinity much, lol.
Back to top Go down
Kaguyalover
Mystic Moogle
Kaguyalover

Female

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 2:44 pm

Well let's have the old man clarify it on the boards. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 3:11 pm

*BULLETIN*

The Old Man known as Shin will not be available today due to actually having to do work at work.
Back to top Go down
rekoa
Respected Elder
rekoa

Number of posts : 1322
Rep! : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 3:54 pm

Work at work! that is so wrong!
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 9:19 pm

Ha; Psi is a secretary.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 5:19 pm

aѕceпxion wrote:
Ha; Psi is a secretary.
Don't be mad b/c he likes me more w/o having to be his altar boy.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 5:58 pm

The one of us with the shaved privates is closer to a young boy.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 6:33 pm

Don't hate b/c I like to be well-groomed. Besides, it's done for the woman's sake... something you wouldn't understand.
Back to top Go down
Kaguyalover
Mystic Moogle
Kaguyalover

Female

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 7:24 pm

o.o
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 9:59 pm

The Vegas Stripper with the STD?
Back to top Go down
Ethereal
Intern
Ethereal

Male
Number of posts : 413
Rep! : 1
Registration date : 2010-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 4:52 am

*Looks over newspaper*

Ladies. Ladies.

If you have a discussion based around strippers and pubic hair ( or lack there of) please take it to the April OOC thread. This thread is for discussion about the saga. Lets keep it that way.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 10:28 am

good point!
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 12:25 pm

Quote :
Bleaus’s Blessings:
X Refresh (+100 ST/HP & revive)
X Regen (+25 HP/ST per post w/no stamina drain vs the demons from hell (excludes boosts and attacks vs pillars and special shinpcs))
+1 tech level to all skills (up to perfected)
Resets used overdrive tokens
No transformation STA drain

i dun think i'll have regen work vs pillars
in my next post i'm gettin rid of the 1st part so that there's no more refresh each post
but if you fight vs anyone other than a pillar you dun have to worry about tracking stamina
the +1 to tech levels will last until the end of the RP
the resets are kinda a one time deal
the no transformation STA will last until the end of the RP

kk, so that's how things are runnin
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 12:32 pm

Ok. Thanks for the clarification. Good thing most of my techs have been meh drain... except for Ayna. Either way, I referenced in my post that he's starting to feel the drain of both the abnormal increase in power on his body as well as the overall drain of the battle. Still, he's not stopping!

Question about X Refresh... was that cast when he did it or can we use that ourselves at some point in the RP? Also, if a battle with a Pillar concludes, does X Regen take effect at that point?
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 1:01 pm

when he did it
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 1:27 pm

Damn, ok. And what about X Regen? Does the effect come back into play after u stop fighting against a Pillar?
Back to top Go down
Kaguyalover
Mystic Moogle
Kaguyalover

Female

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 1:36 pm

ShinTre_Admin wrote:
Quote :
Bleaus’s Blessings:
X Refresh (+100 ST/HP & revive)
X Regen (+25 HP/ST per post w/no stamina drain vs the demons from hell (excludes boosts and attacks vs pillars and special shinpcs))
+1 tech level to all skills (up to perfected)
Resets used overdrive tokens
No transformation STA drain

i dun think i'll have regen work vs pillars
in my next post i'm gettin rid of the 1st part so that there's no more refresh each post
but if you fight vs anyone other than a pillar you dun have to worry about tracking stamina
the +1 to tech levels will last until the end of the RP
the resets are kinda a one time deal
the no transformation STA will last until the end of the RP

kk, so that's how things are runnin
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 1:41 pm

*in my next post i'm gettin rid of the 1st part so that there's no more refresh each post
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 6:39 pm

Thank you! Bold stands out to someone who funnels thru data for most of the day. Everything else blends together.
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 11:09 pm

omfg.. I didnt even get the memo on the whole blessing thing
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 7:22 pm

Oh wow, lol. Blame Kyro.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 1:58 am

Cheater Check (just the obvious stuff)

Quote :
The two telekinetic pushes against the bottom and roof of the massive dragon's mouth were pushed consecutively, so both would have triggered around the same time.
False. You cannot use two techniques at once and you also cannot pre channel two spells without the use of a technique such as casting queue. It looks like you may have caught a case of the Sanzon's in your zeal, since both of those spells were rated destructive and over, meaning their channel time would have to be at least 10s each. If you want to be technical and state that they are not doing 'damage', then the least you can hope for is 3s each for each spell.

I would also like to bring attention so, since Shin seems to have ignored it, that the rejection dome should have taken 10s to channel and perform. It should not have taken Marcos ten seconds to bite down on Valkrist and chew once. I would offer that a normal person can chew well over 20 times within 10 seconds, so with a mouth moving at the speed of a pillar, Mukhya should have had a lot to contend with, basically attempting to ward off over 60 destructive level attacks while channeling his spell. You can push against a destructive force coming down at you, but the jaw is just going to rise back up and do it again; thus each defense is basically an offense against the bite meaning that a melee based stamina drain should be invoked with each chew. But all in all, here is just another example of someone making their character too strong by ignoring the basic regulations of technique usage. So what the means basically is that Mukhya should have been victim to ten seconds of being chewed at a rate of Destructive each bite.

Quote :
If the force of this spit or coughing action did still produce enough force to move me completely out of his mouth, it would not stop me from opening the lid in the one responsible for so much pain and suffering rendered on my people.

That redundant given the fact that Shin tells you what happened: "Both Mukhya and Valkrist are ejected and Marcos’s head rocks back as his jaw breaks & he loses several teeth." So there's no 'what if' there.

YOU STILL HAVEN'T ROLLED ANY JUGGERNAUTS (or tracked any type of stamina drain).

You know, that skill you have at Novice. Now would be a great time to roll it. Oh... but what if it fails... then you negate your own next 4 paragraphs. So do this: roll juggernaut. If you don't fail the technique completely, then continue reading this.

Quote :
I would not hear Rayje's words yet or be where Ai'des targeted his spells

I'm not sure if that works without a visual hinderance. Given a pillar should have speed of syte, that's a hard bargan to attempt.

Quote :
...my armor would erect a barrier to protect against the debuffing spells.
What armor would that be? You have an armor that erects a barrier?

All and all, it was a nice dream sequence. That will be all for now.
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 10:09 am

Note::
I stated that there was time between mine with moving up and around, I did not just go to bash-bash-bash with three KP's ^_^

Shin:
ass.

Kyro:
Have fun killing the LT.. again...
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 11:51 am

xD jus enjoy the ride
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 1:33 pm

I understand that with all my partying as of late, you haven't been getting the attention you need, but there has to be better ways for me to acknowledge you beside you not reading well and bothering me. But alas, let us begin:

@Rejection: My post clearly states that I begin harnessing energy for my next attack in which "there is only one way to know if the Expel worked for sure..." Yeah there. Though, you do bring up a site suggestion I've been meaning to make in regards to that. But yeah, I did channel before my spell. Hence me saying that I would not be able to move in time to save Valkrist from the first bite.

@Chew Time: Umm... keep in mind that I'm not chanting for all of Marcos' post. Since Mukhya is the fastest (and I think I stated that casted my spells before Valkrist's attack in my post), I assumed that obviously he would move first and hence why Marcos was able to basically move well before Valkrist really unleashes his attack. Thus, my interpretation was: my spells, Marcos moves, Valkrist swings, I'm chanting/channeling, Marcos swallows, Marcos bites, I move, Valkrist barrier, I'm inside to release Rejection (pause). Also, I raised my hand before using Rejection to keep from being crunched.

Also, let's be serious... how long would it take Supreme++ to move that short of a distance? It's not like Valkrist was super far away from Mukhya.

@Critical: It's a good thing that I ended up scanning over the Breakdown page b/c Rejection probably should have been a critical since it states that under normal circumstances (which being a Pillar shouldn't make him immune to criticals) that a shot to the head (especially Fierce vs Weak) should kill you. Shin accepted 2 to the head.

@Telekinesis' Damage: It's based on my strength, so I've always rated it the same as using melee in terms of damage. Unless I'm mistaken, you don't have to wait 10 sec to use Kitasu Pao or Kao, do you?

@Jugg: Since when do YOU roll for passives? You didn't roll for them in our little spar, so if you're gonna bitch about something, make sure you didn't set my precedence for the ability since I didn't even use the ability until you and I fought and I noticed that it was passive. I don't recall anyone rolling for passives. (i.e. I've (nor do you) never had to roll for sensing techs). Oh and in case you raise the question that we've answered numerous times for other members, there would still be the point to train the passives if you want the effect to last longer or be stronger (i.e. Sensing's ranges or %)

@Armor/Ai'des: Well unless Shin states that Ai'des just cast again then I'm not where he originally casted for thus, I don't need to post my defense against them yet. Wow... if you're not gonna do your research (i.e. read my bio) before you write an obnoxiously long post, please keep quiet. Not an insult, just a legit request.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 1:47 pm

clarify for me:
- you waited 10s before going into marcos's mouth, meaning val is prolly dead until he did something like teleported out, etc?
- after the blast, you waited 3s and then did the first telekin, then waited 3s and did the second?

clarified for you:
@ telekin: you dun have to wait 10s for kit pao. you have to wait 3s :
"Destructive strikes/powered attacks and Fierce+ Area attacks require a post portion to build strength (3 s)"
tele is a magic spell in the magix pckage so use the magix rules:
"How to use Magix
* The first step in learning a spell is to learn the chant for it. You must chant in order to channel a spell.
* Each count in a chant represent a syllable. This creates a casting delay with spells.
* Abilities that don't do damage require at least a 3 count chant.
* Abilities that deal damage require at least a 5 count chant.
(An example of a chant would be: "Broken earth, strike down my enemy!" (7 count chant)
* Destructive and Fierce+ Area effecting spells require a portion of the post to channel energy (10 s)
(Alternatively, you can channel a powerful spell in a prep post and caste it at the beginning of the next)
* Roll rules apply to see if a magic spell releases correctly."

@passives: most passives are hit/miss. i can see where it's not clear, but you roll EVERY tech on the site. that's why i extended the dice rolls to cover every tech type. if the type doesn't categorize w/the other descriptions, then it's prolly hit or miss.

@armor: i looked @ ur bio and dunno which armor you have that erects a barrier, so let me know
Back to top Go down
Kaguyalover
Mystic Moogle
Kaguyalover

Female

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 1:50 pm

I chewed about 35 times in ten seconds..........>.> -yes i timed it-
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 2:40 pm

and you and kyro hold off from going back and forth on stuff i'm addressing
i'll make any corrections needed w/my post
this'll help you out for your future posts
try to figure out what ur sta/hp is and start keeping track of it or ask someone to do it for you if you can't get a lot of time to post, etc.
we're all supposed to help each other out.
roll jug here in this thread so i'll know if it worked.
answer the things i need clarified here and the things that i clarified is basically just law.
if there's anything else i need to answer let me know. i wanna keep the posting goin tho. nothin will happen that i can fix. i'll fix site rule misunderstandins as we go.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 3:03 pm

For you:
1) I waited 10s from my last attack b/c that's pretty much when I prepped the follow-up, so Marcos should only have a couple of seconds (if that) between him moving, swallowing and proceeding to chew Valkrist before I would be there.
2) This was my issue when I posted the attack b/c tbh (hope I don't get "screwed" by this) but it wasn't meant to be 2 attacks (hence the x1 or x2?) b/c he's basically just pushing in two directions but it's Telekinesis so it was one move, but since there's been issues and confusion before about things like that, so I rolled twice. So yes there was a pause between the blast and Tele, but no I didn't post waiting between 1 and 2 b/c they weren't originally meant to be separate.

For me:
1) Wait... there's no drain listed for Telekinesis, so doesn't it default to Low? B/c unless that changed and I didn't notice, it's always had a low drain since I first acquired the tech and that's how I've always viewed it. Also, I don't understand how the fact that I'm stronger suddenly it's harder to generate force.
Ex: If I (human) try to pick up a couch by myself, it's gonna be hard as all hell... if an Olympic weight lifter picks up the couch, it's a piece of cake. I don't see why this is any different. If I'm wrong, then Mukhya has 0 stamina and is about to die (or dead) from using all my health since it would be rated at Destructive+ drain and I've used it quite a few times.

Wind-Fource is set up in the format you posted as it has a stated strength (Ascended) while Telekinesis fully mimics the setup of the base Melee/Weapon Melee styles. You generate more force the stronger you get.
Side note: I admit I now need to start chanting for Telekinesis or create a custom to handle that.

2) Passives: Understood. At least Kyro knows now, so he doesn't mislead anymore members who carelessly followed his example to making a mistake.

3)
Quote :
Kami Armor Bracers
A pair of bracers that can release a custom-fitted suit of flexible armor that is infused with the pure essence of a guardian spirit. The armor has a normal density of 5. It is able to produce a Strong energy barrier up to 3 times before it will need to replenish its charges (1 turn per charge).
Restriction: Cannot be worn with armor; barrier cannot be active while recharging
Cost: 5000 Shinny for supplies
Duration: 1 Week to complete

@Chewing: Shin (and all others) - You forgot one "variable" in regards to Valkrist... HE'S HOLDING A BIG SCYTHE! So Kimi, try your chewing experiment again, but this time put a sharp toothpick in your mouth standing up (SO NOT SERIOUS!). His scythe is taller than him as well btw. So when Marcos takes that first bite, he may have broken the scythe, but not before impaling himself. If he's all gully, then he'd keep going and Valkrist gets bit. If he's not, then Valkrist is fine and everything proceeds as normal b/c him trying it is what gives Mukhya the idea to make his head explode.

New Questions
1) I am curious about why Rejection nor Tele weren't ruled as criticals?
From Breakdown page wrote:
Critical Hit!
* Type of attacks that can kill you with one strike.
* For example, someone getting their Adam's apple ripped out wouldn't do % damage.
* A sword or shot to the head (under normal circumstances) will kill you instantly.
* Success based on "hit or miss" roll for technique used.

2) Now I have another question, since it was not stated that Marcos used Jugg, how did he take 75% dmg then 150% dmg (which brought his jaw) and was still able to spit at a powerful enough velocity to move Mukhya?

3) Kimi, can you perform another experiment for the class? Try spitting without using your bottom jaw. What happens is your bottom jaw automatically contracts b/c you need the muscles/tendons that are attached to spit. Since it is already stated that Marcos is lacking his bottom jaw, I would then challenge his ability to generate the force needed to remove me. If he cannot, then I would still be there to perform the second Tele, which considering its roll would kill him instantly.

Stamina
I'll try to calc that now since I'm kinda on standby at work atm.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 3:16 pm

ok, for the tele thing, just do one so you dun get screwed. the question mark there lets me kno you weren't sure, so that's fine. drain should = strength. you can use less/more strength, so the drain's variable like that. if ur about to die then drink some water.

when u use that armor make sure you post having the barrier erected before an attack comes. i dun think the armor'd have a mind of its own. if ur looking @ an attack, i can see ur armor coming to protect you b/c... it just does.

i didn't say they weren't ruled as critical? o,O i don't even track the sta/hp for pillars. i didn't actually say n e thing about his condition cept for he was fallin down. damn, let him hit the ground first before you go hollarin bout not doin enough dmg. i did say you ripped his jaw off. but since you brought it up, i guess b/c his mouth can open, it can let out some of the pressure from the attack. he'd be bleedin from the mouth and stuff but his mouth cavity might be close to the range of that attack you did. dunno. do the math for that and get back to me. they're big as hell so i'll just take a shot at what his mouth size should be xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saga OOC: Beginning of the End   Saga OOC: Beginning of the End - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saga OOC: Beginning of the End
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next