Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Night Hunt and Home Coming (Not closed, Izumi)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Night Hunt and Home Coming (Not closed, Izumi) Empty
PostSubject: Night Hunt and Home Coming (Not closed, Izumi)   Night Hunt and Home Coming (Not closed, Izumi) EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 9:39 pm

Night Hunt and Home Coming (Not closed, Izumi) Kyrobanner
Due to a report in increased demonic activity from the forests I find myself positioned near the outskirts of the city in the Eastern Gothstone area. Of course, the city had its defenses against such things in this area, but brass wanted a sergeant near the area in case there was a breech. Lately activity had been on the rise and several new and much larger and bolder demons were starting to rear their heads. More importantly than that, my new telephone had succeeded in pissing me the hell off as I could not understand how to sync my calendar with my computer in the office.

With a sigh, I toss the mobile device softly into the passenger seat and then lean my head back onto the leather seat of my black sports luxury sedan. My head rocks softly to the side as I gaze out at a starry night sky with a three quarters moon glowing over the city. I recline in the passenger seat with my legs slightly cocked open on both sides of the steering wheel in a pair of black slacks, with a black Div12 t shirt and chest holsters, with my opened overcoat covering much of my frame. With a slight frown, I recall that I never did like full moons, and now that I worked in the aspect that I did, full moons would be like my Mondays since the strongest demon types reported liked to come out then. Sound comes from my earpiece and the phone glows from the passenger seat as a voice speaks to me. “Sergeant Asei, there is reported spiritual activity in your area.” I answer back, “I’m on it.” My finger rises up and presses the end call button on my earpiece as I give a soft grunt-sigh coming up as it was time to get to work. My arm reaches behind the passenger seat and grabs the stock of a shotgun before I open the passenger door and step out. 332
Back to top Go down
Kaguyalover
Mystic Moogle
Kaguyalover

Female
Number of posts : 2348
Rep! : 20
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Night Hunt and Home Coming (Not closed, Izumi)   Night Hunt and Home Coming (Not closed, Izumi) EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 10:15 pm

Night Hunt and Home Coming (Not closed, Izumi) Izu
It's been quite sometime since she was last in the city. these pass three days had been tragically hectic for her since the rise in activity had occured due to some legendary beast being unleashed. Foolish beings to what end will they go into trying to obtain ultimate power. Truly not really something she wanted to do. She was being cautious on her way back home. She was feeling aches all over her body, the cloths she had went in, which were traditional monk's cloths, a mix of orange and red. She made her way back through the forest. Being catuious as she would hide behind trees every so often whenever she saw a spitirual being in the area. she made it by rather well since the ones she had passed by lacked in the sensing area. but then there were some that appeared to be rather good, but relied upon other things such as movement, or body heat and such. But for the moment it was a good thing she hadn't run into those yet. she wasn't sure if she would last in a fight against those kinds of demons. It was night time as well, plus the full moon is out so she had to take extra caution in moving throughout the forest she didn't want to end up meeting up with one of those demons that got stronger in this kind of setting. She held her monks space, The Death of Love, tightly within her left hand

-Word count:250
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Night Hunt and Home Coming (Not closed, Izumi)   Night Hunt and Home Coming (Not closed, Izumi) EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 11:06 pm

Of course the city wouldn’t have a fence around it or anything, since that would mean there was something to protect it from. The type of protection provided by the Division was of the invisible type using people such as myself. A seasoned Division 12 officer, I didn’t have much going for me other than my sharp senses and ability wielding a weapon. Luck had been on my side much of my rise to my current position since I did not hold the ability of many of my cohorts. Instead of a fence, the high way bordered the city, a grand loop around the place. This high way, was of course elevated in most areas being a ‘high’ way and all, as one should be. Beneath this high way would be what’s beneath almost any highway: a slummish type cement district between support pillars where homeless people often come to build shanty houses or sleep temporarily.

Away from the black sedan on chrome rims I stroll as I make my way through an area that seemed to break off from being urban. By this time, the shotgun had been slung around my shoulders and was being worn in a diagonal fashion across my back with my two pistols in their normal positions holstered beneath my underarms at upper rib level. The concrete of the city borders the grasslands leading out into the forests with a few access roads heading out towards corporate property, but no real main roads into the forest area. There was no real need to get the exact coordinates of the beast since I would be able to sense it. If all else failed, I would have the co ordinates already sent to me in my phone… I pause for a moment walking away from the car. Turning around, I head back to the car, open the door, lean in, and grab the phone from the passenger’s seat. Standing back up, coming from within the car, I close the door, turn, and place the phone in my pocket, proceeding in the direction that I needed to go. Back to the internal dialogue, I feel a small fry in the distance rummaging too close to the land of the living.

I continue walking for about a block beneath this area of the city’s edge, beneath the highway, when I come upon the demon. This was one of the types that did not appear before normal humans and due to the fact that it did not sense me, I could assume it was of a lower order. It looked like a normal dog and its head was down as it feasted upon the body of another unfortunate Yokai. If left alone, these types could continually devour one another until they became a problem. Eventually, within a few meters of the thing, it notices my presences and its head rises up appearing as a normal Doberman with three eyes; two where they were supposed to be and one in the middle. All three eyes blink at once as it looks to me panting with blood, guts and bile dripping from its muzzle. It bares its teeth and growls slightly turning its about around to me as I come to a stop. Reaching behind my back, my hand comes to my shotgun as I inform, “it’s time to put you down lassie.” 561

Back to top Go down
Kaguyalover
Mystic Moogle
Kaguyalover

Female

PostSubject: Re: Night Hunt and Home Coming (Not closed, Izumi)   Night Hunt and Home Coming (Not closed, Izumi) EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 12:47 am

She had came to a sudden halt when she noticed a creature ahead of her. It looked like some sort of wierd and twisted worm demon. Izumi merely stopped moving as she held a serious look upon her face. "great...a worm..." she mumbled as she looked around and hid behind a tree. She began to peek from the side of the tree and watch the giant demon worm wriggle around a tree and wrap around it. When it did spike's protruded out from it and into the tree and it crushed the tree and released this wierd hissing noise from the opening in it's head which can be considered it's mouth. the spikes began to spin around it's body like a saw and then disappear into the body of the demon worm. "ewww..." she shivered and mumbled to herself as she looked just a smidge worried. "this isn't good. I won't how it sees." she looked around for something and loked to the ground seeing some rocks. she would kneel down and grab a rock and then throw it off to the side. The worm quickly turns it's head to where the rock landed. "okay... it can hear.."

-Word count:198[448]
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Night Hunt and Home Coming (Not closed, Izumi)   Night Hunt and Home Coming (Not closed, Izumi) EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 1:35 am

There is a moment in the stand off as I stand at a distance from the demonic canine loading the shells into my shotgun. Bounding towards me in a leap, it thrusts itself towards me. My body shifts and my right foot steps back as the gun is cocked and releases a loud resounding bang followed by a sharp yelp inaudible to most humans. To a normal bystander it would look like I was shooting a bug on the ground, or something to that nature. Looking down, I am able to see the broken body of the dog that was repelled from me a foot or two, its body damaged from the shell and my ability to imbue my weapon to affect the spiritual. Its body begins to fade away in spirit particles and I sling the shotgun back around my back where it rests passively. Placing my hands in my pockets, I look up as the dog’s spirit fades away. “That was easy,” I remark before looking around and reaching for my phone. “And next…” I murmur as my hand reaches into my pocket, retrieving my phone. Looking through it, I attempt to get the Div12 application to run on it so that I could see what area I needed to go to next, but unsure of what a Navtype RS Domain was I find myself once again working on activities that would frustrate me. “Hmm…,” I reiterate in a low murmur meaning, ‘stupid technological device.’ 247

Back to top Go down
Kaguyalover
Mystic Moogle
Kaguyalover

Female

PostSubject: Re: Night Hunt and Home Coming (Not closed, Izumi)   Night Hunt and Home Coming (Not closed, Izumi) EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 9:57 am

the loud echoing sound of the shotgun had reverbed to her location and it caught the attention of the demonic worm. Izumi merely blinked and arched a brow as she crouched down watching from where she was hiding. "What was that?" she asked herself. Kind of a stupid question when she knew it was a gunshot, but it was more so asking who was shooting the shotgun and what for. Izumi would look to the worm that was gazing off in that direction, which happened to be where she needed to go. "it would be bad if the thing headed for the city." she mumbled as the worm began to make it's move that way. "crap..." Izumi would begin to move and the worm's speed would begin to pick up. it was a quick giant demon worm. Izumi would give chase, the giant demon worm was the size of a regulat four door sedan and was as long as a bus. It was lookin rather slimey and has spaces along it's boy where spike's would protrude out from it' body. The head indicated by the opening at one side of the worm's body is always open and while the spikes aren't protruded they pint inward in the body and are always rotating like a blender in which it eats by devouring whatever it wants whole and blends it int a liquid state in which it was easily digest whatever it wants. Izumi was chasing behind the giant demon worm. For some reason it didn't bother stopping to attack her, it was probably more interested into what the larger sound was.

-Word count:270[718]
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Night Hunt and Home Coming (Not closed, Izumi)   Night Hunt and Home Coming (Not closed, Izumi) EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 6:10 pm

As I tinker with the phone, I look up for a moment and pause. It felt like something was heading to me for that moment, but that feeling goes away as soon as it came. Because of that, I am unable to get a good reading. It was something that’s been happening relatively recently. Somehow I gained the ability to sense when something was off. I figured it was just a heightened sense of paranoia, but it seemed to be on mark some times. The only bad thing about it was that it wasn't something that was one hundred percent reliable. Shrugging it off as I continue to loiter beneath the dark shadow of the night beneath the bridge area, I look back down to my phone and just press buttons. Suddenly there is a blip on it that said there was something heading my way. Another "hmm..." comes out as it didn't seem to be anything higher ordered, which was always semi deceptively good. 165

Back to top Go down
Kaguyalover
Mystic Moogle
Kaguyalover

Female

PostSubject: Re: Night Hunt and Home Coming (Not closed, Izumi)   Night Hunt and Home Coming (Not closed, Izumi) EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 8:56 pm

Probably by now the sound of the worm just burrowing the ground it shreded over would be coming to ear. The sounds were light, though the demon looked so heavy. Izumi was still behind it and looking a little annoyed. As she ran though she would bend over grabbing a rock with her free hand and continue running after the creature. She would toss the rock in attempts to get the creatures attention but the rock merely bounced off the body of the beast and it continued. It most likely sensed something rather tasty. Did this demon eat humans? Or metal? or something else all entirely who knows but one things for sure. It had to die. Izumi would growl to herslef a moment as she would look around her for anything that could be of use to grab this things attention and it was pretty fast for something of it's size. Izumi in her calmed state wouldn't be able to catch up to it, but she didn't want to activate her inner powers with the off chance that she could be seen. she would try again with another rock this time, her rock didn't hit the beast but it just flew right past it, and landed into the opening where the trees ended and the sight to the city would begin.

-Word count:222[940]
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Night Hunt and Home Coming (Not closed, Izumi)   Night Hunt and Home Coming (Not closed, Izumi) EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 9:31 pm

I stand looking out towards the forests, the city to my back, with the cell phone lowered in my right hand as I get a familiar inner ping telling me that something was coming or on the way. Since it was dark, I would not be able to see anything against the shadow of the forest, but I knew that I didn’t want whatever that was coming to enter into the city. The wind presses through my large coat and bangs slightly as I attempt to be still to get a good reading on where it was coming and which direction I should go in order to encounter it. I knew that it would be easier to simply dispose of it in the fields that rest between the forest and the city. However, it seemed like whatever was coming was coming fast. Deciding to go ahead and get ready to battle something, my body leans forwards and I pick up a run as I begin to make my way towards the interior of the surrounding grasslands. Whatever it was, I would met it half way, take it out, then go and get some donuts and coffee at the nearby shop. 200

Back to top Go down
Kaguyalover
Mystic Moogle
Kaguyalover

Female

PostSubject: Re: Night Hunt and Home Coming (Not closed, Izumi)   Night Hunt and Home Coming (Not closed, Izumi) EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 9:41 pm

"Damn this thing won't slow down." she would continue to give chase and whatever ti was after had began to move. Izumi though she was getting closer until the beast rose up into the air and then bashed into the ground. To izumi's ears she heard a rumble and then a heavy drilling sound. She skidded to a stop slamming her spade into the ground to stop herself from free falling into the whole. "It can burrow..." she said in a sort of disbelief moment. "greeeaaat...." she said with sarcasm and looked around. "I wonder what it's after." she would utter and pull her spade out from the ground and take it with her as she went around the large whole and burst out into a full blown run. Underground it seemed to move a lot faster then it did above ground since it had a bunch of trees to get past. Izumi would run quickly through the forest and eventually she would come to an opening where the forest would stop and there would be a clearing. But when she got there, she saw nothing, well the darkness didn't help much. But even in the darkness seeing ahuge shadow would be noticable. But even the worm wasn't above ground. Was it still below ground? or did she just lose track of it?

-Word count:225[1165]
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Night Hunt and Home Coming (Not closed, Izumi)   Night Hunt and Home Coming (Not closed, Izumi) EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 9:53 pm

I continue to run away from the city and towards the forests as I come near the middle of the grasslands. I stop for a moment as I feel something like the ground was rumbling. I could tell that I was near where the spirit was. It would be annoying if this was actually a strong one and I came out here alone. Still, I was sure I had enough bullets to at least turn the thing back around. It was pretty bold to come out here all the way from the forest, but as a Division 12 sergeant, I would be ready for him. My body tenses slightly I lower my stand and look around. I notice something in the distance that seemed to hold a humanoid figure with some type of weapon in its hand. At that moment, I figure that I must either have mistook the spirit for a lower order when it was really a higher order, or there was another spirit vigilante around out here on the case. Not wanting to be brash and start shooting, and unaware at where the spirit went, since I didn’t see it, I stand up straight and look out towards the silhouette waving my arm and giving a sharp whistle. If it was demonic, it would come after me and I could shoot it, if it was normal, then it would probably try a means of communication. 238

Back to top Go down
Kaguyalover
Mystic Moogle
Kaguyalover

Female

PostSubject: Re: Night Hunt and Home Coming (Not closed, Izumi)   Night Hunt and Home Coming (Not closed, Izumi) EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 10:17 pm

She would continue to look around for a while. she felt the hairs on the back of her neck jsut begin to rise. This odd sense of paranoia was just aweful when you know it's around but you just can't see it. she held onto her spade with a good firm grip as she looked around. What caught her attention was a whistle. which caused her to turn her head to where the whistle had come from. she tried to look in the dark, but it wasn't helping much since all she could make out was another sillouhette. "crap..." she uttered to herself. "Hey you! you have to get out of here now!" she would yell out to the person. Another rumble occured this time it was stronger. Clearly it was a sign that the demon worm was in the area. Izumi blinked as she looked towards the ground and she brought her spade in front of her and was holding it with two hands. "you better get moving now!" she ordered out as she looked around for where the worm could possibly be coming up from.

-Word count:188[1353]
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Night Hunt and Home Coming (Not closed, Izumi)   Night Hunt and Home Coming (Not closed, Izumi) EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 10:28 pm

‘I had better get out of here?’ I think to myself, ‘I get paid for this shit.’ Still if some nut wanted to take out a spirit, that was no issue to me. The only bad part would be if that nut failed and then I had to take it out anyway… wait. The voice had come pretty clear in the night air. There were a few things odd about it. The first, previously mentioned, was that it told me to go ahead; the second odd thing would be that the voice was female and the third odd thing was that I knew who’s voice it was. “Izumi?” I call out in a questioning tone just as I felt the ground begin to shake. I look down with a variation of what could be referred to as my spidey sense as it starts to tingle. Looking back up from the ground I question, “what are you doing in the middle of no where in the middle of the night?” After thinking about my words, I was ashamed to say the same thing could be asked of me in this odd coincidence, but I didn’t know she was a demon huntress as well. 202

Back to top Go down
Kaguyalover
Mystic Moogle
Kaguyalover

Female

PostSubject: Re: Night Hunt and Home Coming (Not closed, Izumi)   Night Hunt and Home Coming (Not closed, Izumi) EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 10:37 pm

The voice had responded and Izumi istantly recognized it as Jyn. Crap... now i'm even more restricted in what i can do. I was hoping to be alone on this. She thought to herself. Izumi had looked over to were Jyn's voice was coming from. Right now wasn't really the time to be asking questions. the ground began to rumble stronger. "Well right now isn't the right now, sir!" She yelled out as from the center of the ground it rumbled stronger and soon the ground began to crack and the demon worm shot out from beneath the ground with a loud demonic roar. Rocks began to fall in all direction. Izumi would swing her spade to knock any rocks that came her way. The boss battle had just begun and the players take the stage, life bars are filled and the battle begins.

-Word count:145[1498]
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Night Hunt and Home Coming (Not closed, Izumi)   Night Hunt and Home Coming (Not closed, Izumi) EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 10:55 pm

The rumbling gets more intense and I defensively take a step back. There is another internal ping as I feel the position as a pre warning of where the creature would attack. Izumi was right, I would have to wait for a better time to get my questions in. By the light of the moon I was able to catch a glimpse of her, so I would also question her attire after this interruption. My body shifts backwards a in a short leap, and soon the ground explodes with what appears to be a large worm spirit lingering about with rocks and debris descending its form. My right hand pockets my complicated phone before both hands move to the butts of the pistols encased in my chest holster. My open coat is displaced as I pull both weapon out and pull them forwards, dual wielding them and standing my ground on one side of the large demon. The life bar fills over my head at 100% with my limit gauge at zero. It would seem that I held the highest react since I would have the first attack. There is a ting ting noise as my invisible cursor shifts to attack and I fire a single shot with both weapon at the large worm giving off a resounding echo. 219