Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Demon Hunter Training

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male
Number of posts : 1215
Rep! : 21
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Demon Hunter Training Empty
PostSubject: Demon Hunter Training   Demon Hunter Training EmptyTue May 05, 2009 12:09 am

Adrian came to a stop on his bike, frowning as he leaned it on the kick stand. Climbing off he reached into his coat, adjusting the crystaline blade in the black sheath. The black sheath at his hip was the same sheath he'd found the Devil's Teardrop in in his grandmother's storage garage. He gripped the crystal weapon's hilt lightly, letting it comfort him before he walked toward the lair of the demon hunters he'd trained with.

He breathed slowly as he wandered into the training grounds he knew. His eyes narrowed when he drew the weapon slowly, the blessed sword of light glowing gently as he frowned.

"Sword of light, word of truth, you cannot hide from my eyes!" he said, casting the insight spell.

It was there, and yet it wasn't. It flowed around him, and through him all at once. He felt the sinking sensation of the mana being drawn out of him and forced into the world around him as the spell was cast. He saw the illusion dispel as he smiled, bowing to the white haired demon hunter. He bowed low to his friend and teacher. Unlike Akiko he had respect for this woman since she was a very powerful person. And unlike Akiko, Sierra was a woman that wouldn't go running off because she didn't enjoy the work she was given. Instead Sierra was a woman that took what she was given in life, and never let the world weigh her down.

"You returned. And how have you returned? As a conquerer? Or have you come as a student?" she asked, her silver-white hair flailing in the wind.

"I come as a friend, seeking the aid of a good friend. I need advise Sierra." Adrian responded.

"Well, I suppose I could be convinced. Let's walk. You've been gone for just a few days, so I will assume there isn't anything new that came up." Sierra said, walking away.

"Well in the city, you are correct. But there is something I'm worried about. The Sword of Light accepted me as it's master, but I don't understand why."

"Well, Adrian, nobody knows why you were chosen by the blade and not your grandmother. The only being in the universe is the spirit of that sword you hold. But you didn't come here to complain."

"No matter how I try to be rid of the Devil's Teardrop I keep drawing upon it's power. Can I wield both the swords of light and darkness?"

"Well while I understand what you are talking about, the Sword of Darkness is not the Devil's Teardrop. Your blade has grown attached to you. The Devil's Teardrop is a cursed blade, yes. But the blade of darkness is much stronger than that weapon."

"Tell me about the Sword of light."

"Well according to legend it was forged by the most powerful of Kami. When it was finished the Kami realized that they could not keep it. Spirits must be in balance. Light and darkness require one another. And if Goranova were to fall into the hands of someone with a vendetta then the balance would be shattered. So he passed the sword to the hands of humans to help them defend themselves. But so too did the Oni create several weapons. And like the Kami they passed them to humans but not for benevolence. They sought to control people through the weapons. The Devil's Teardrop was crafted to darken the hearts of those using it, and to poison the Kami that got in the way. But it is no where near evil enough to be the sword of darkness."

"It still doesn't tell me what I wanted to know. But I understand a bit." he said, walking beside her.

"Perhaps you need a bit more training. You have mastered your sword. And you have begun to develop the fighting styles of the Oni and the casting styles of the Kami. Perhaps you should begin training your body to compensate for what cannot be dealt with yet. I want to teach you to move like a shadow. To dodge bullets, move faster than human eyes can follow, and even appear and vanish in the blink of an eye. Will you take me as your teacher again?"

Nodding he smiled at her before he bowed low. He smiled when he felt her touch his head before he looked around to see where they were. He hadn't been paying attention to where they were going but this place was new to him. As he looked around he sighed. It was obviously some kind of obstical course. He ran a hand through his head as he looked at her. This was one of the reasons he was falling for Sierra. She had made up her mind long before he had agreed.

"Well, you've obviously decided for me. Whatever you say...." he muttered before he nodded.

(818/500)
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male
Number of posts : 1215
Rep! : 21
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter Training   Demon Hunter Training EmptyWed May 06, 2009 4:47 pm

As usual, Adrian awoke at dawn out in the woods. Rising he made his way to join his teacher at the appointed meeting spot. His eyes narrowed when he heard her singing. But what was strange was she was singing a song that was way too familiar. He'd never heard it before, as far as he could remember, but at the same time something deep inside him told him that he had in fact heard it before. He stared at the Seer in front of him, waiting for her to acknowledge him.

"Summer move forward and stitch me the fabric of fall
Wrap life in the brilliance of death to humble us all
How sweet is the day
I'm craving a darkness
As I sit tucked away with my back to the wall

"And the taste of dried-up hopes in my mouth
And the landscape of merry and desperate drought
How much longer dear angels
Let winter light come
And spread your white sheets over my empty house

"Summer move forward and leave your heat anchored in dust
Forgotten him, cheated him, painted illusions of lust
Now language escape, fugitive of forgiveness
Leaving as trace only circles of rust

How much longer dear angels
Come break me with ice
Let the water of calm trickle over my doubts

"Come let me drown
Angels no fire no salt on the plow
Carry me down
Bury me down

Once I knew myself
And with knowing came love
I would know love again if I had faith enough
Too far is next spring and her jubilant shout
So angels, inside
Is the only way out."

"That's an interesting song." Adrian asked, closing the distance between himself and the Seer. "Where do I know it from?"

He stood there, one arm hanging by his side, the other tucked in, his wrist resting on the hilt of the Sword of Light that hung at his waist. He ran a hand through his messy hair, and shook his head as they began walking toward the training field.

"It's just a song. Probably heard it on the radio or on a CD somewhere. You're up early." Sierra responded, not turning her eyes away from the path ahead of her.

"I think it's because you and Juraviel always woke me up early when I was first training here. Now when I'm out here I get up with the sun. Hell, it even happens sometimes back home in the city." he responded. "And I don't think your song is something I heard on the radio."

"Doesn't mean that's the first time you heard it." Sierra said, smirking. "Perhaps your grandmother sang it to you. She's the one that taught it to me."

"Perhaps. But I'm not sure. No way to tell you that. I don't remember much about my childhood." he said, shrugging.

"Well that isn't unusual. Nobody remembers everything about their lives. Let alone much about their young childhood. And even fewer are able to remember what happens when they are possessed by demons. Others simply block it all out so they don't have to remember. And I think that's what happened to you."

"What does that mean?"

"Your grandmother was a dear friend of mine. My sempai and my teacher. She once told me about you. That you were possessed as a young boy. When your sister died."

“...I don't even remember how that happened. Any ideas?”

“..You shot her.”

“What?! I did no such thing! I would never hurt someone like that!”

“No. But a demon would. Come, it's time to begin your training. Take your sword, and let's see how fast your reaction speed can go."

Adrian was puzzled by that but leaned, back, falling on his ass as the blade she swung passed over his head! He hadn't even seen it manifest itself until she swung. He fell back, frowning as he scampered back, his eyes wide before he got up, diving for cover as the blade was flung like a boomerang. He felt it pass by him as he hit the ground, his eyes wide as he panted, watching the weapon turn and come back at him. He didn't bother to try and look for Sierra. Instead he just ran watching the blade adjust to come at him even as he ran. As it came for him he brought the Devil's Teardrop out, his sword flashing out toward the weapon, knocking it skyward, grinning. As it went up he frowned, his eyes following it as it began coming at him once more. Leaping away he rolled, feeling it barely miss him, lodging in the ground.

"COME ON! YOU HAVE TO DO BETTER THAN THAT! IF YOU CAN'T DODGE THAT DAMNED WEAPON HOW CAN YOU DODGE A BULLET!?" Sierra taunted.

"OH SHUT UP! LIKE YOU TOLD ME YOU'D BE THROWING THINGS AT ME!" He countered.

As he turned to the woman in front of him, his eyes widened. She was pointing a pistol at him. He smiled, laughing nervously as he backed away, his hands coming up defensively. He saw her pull the trigger, as her hand twitched away. Hearing the explosion of the bullet being fired he ducked down as quickly as he could, as most people would. Coming back up, he glared at her, getting ready to shout when she pulled the trigger again. But this one was different. He saw her hand moving in slow motion. He even thought he saw the bullet flying past him as he ducked again.

"WHAT THE HELL!?" he demanded.

"THINK IT THROUGH! DUMBASS! ADRENALINE! THUS THE BOOMERANG! NOW... DODGE!!!!" she screamed at him as she pointed the gun right at him.

Adrian heard the explosion and felt his body already moving. The world around him was moving slow. Almost like what one would see in a movie about a robot and human war. As he stepped back he saw the bullet passing by him and blinked. He'd just moved out of the way, faster than a bullet could travel in a straight line toward him. He saw it dig into the ground and turned back to Sierra, his heart pounding in his chest. He stood there for a moment watching her smiling face before his knees buckled and he fell on his ass.

"Very good. With adranaline pumping in your system you were able to increase your reaction time. Do you get it?" she asked.

"Not really." he responded, shaking as he came down from the adrenaline high.

"I got you worked up to your normal rate with the boomerang. Then by firing around you I forced your body to release more. Be careful. If used too much, you could cause your heart to fail. You have to get used to it slowly. Eventually you'll be able to increase your levels at will." she explained as she sat beside him.

(1,183/1,000)
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter Training   Demon Hunter Training EmptySun May 10, 2009 9:53 am

Updated: Adrian.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter Training   Demon Hunter Training Empty

Back to top Go down

Demon Hunter Training
Page 1 of 1