Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Technique Questions

Go down 
+14
Kazakura
Datorru
Themeless
Antifreke
rekoa
Kiun
Dwem
LittleMariko
DarkKnightCecil
Surreal SaDiablo
яuиє
Psi Prince
ShinTre_Admin
aѕceпxion
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Technique Questions - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 9 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 7:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ω Intense Strikes
TEXP: 2
Fists move so quickly with punches they are unable to be followed by normal eyes.

Ω Lightning Kicks
TEXP: 2
Feet are able to kick so swiftly that they are unable to be followed by normal eyes.

Ω Fighter's Heart
TEXP: 5
The ability to fight with uncanny power with your style of choice (MA, Brawl, Boxing, or Grappling.)
Effect: damage of normal fighting techniques +1 Strength attribute

Are these considered passive or do they have to be activated in battle? There are three viable scenarios.
1) After learning these, you have the ability to use them all the time as they enhance your existing abilities. I.e. Intense strikes applies to MA fighting with no additional stamina draw and your hands always move fast when attacking.
2) You learn these like normal techs and it exerts more stamina to use these increased abilities. I.e. there is a 10% draw when you go from normal MA fighting to enhanced MA fighting.
3) You activate the ability in battle and only pay the stamina cost once when you first use it.

Last edited by escalation on Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry

Number of posts : 3978

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 9 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 2:36 pm

» Revitalization
With this ability, the user will be able to "grow out of themselves." If the user's body has been damaged beyond repair or is worn, the user will be able to spit themselves up a new body and the old body will be left behind in a sack of skin. Once performed, the user is fully healed even if the user is thought to be dead. A user is able to do this once every 5 weeks. For every level trained, a week is taken away from the time restriction.
Effect: 100% HP, new body

with this tech it says you get a new body and dose not state what the new body looks like.. so to me, this means the body can look like any body, giving the person a new look with the new body
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry

Number of posts : 6937

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 1:46 pm

Psi, since the effect is explicitly stated, go with that and place your suggestion on the correct board. As for Rune, I'm pretty sure this was based off of the Orochimaru technique; it doesn't state that it is an appearance altering technique, so it's more likely not to allow what it doesn't state than allow what it doesn't state (i.e. it also doesn't state you can't change classes in the new body or get a beast based body instead of humanoid, etc). That's my ruling on it, you can take it to admin review if you want Shin's judgment.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle

Number of posts : 2610
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 9 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 4:07 pm

That's the problem. The new effect doesn't match the description of the tech, so one of them needs to be changed as to not confuse people. I'll send it to Admin Review tho. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male
Rep! : 96

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 9 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:31 pm

H2H Content Site wrote:
Casting Queue
TEXP: 10
The ability to queue Holding spells. This allows the user to pre-chant several spells and use them one after another, in rapid succession if desired.
Effect: drain is Fierce, user can queue up to 1 spell per level
Just wanna double check... are paying for the stamina of all of the queued abilities + Fierce drain to cast them all in one turn w/o delay?

Q2) You can queue all 5 spells in the same turn right? If it's at Perfected of course. So like...
Turn 1: Queue all 5 spells (do you pay the stamina for all 5 here or when it's cast?)
Wait for it...
Turn 3: Fire off all 5 spells in a chain?
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male
Number of posts : 3438
Rep! : 29
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 9 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 11:56 am

@ 1 - yup yup
@ 2 - you got to use the "hold" spell w/that one. so instead of prechanting/holding a spell in that mode, you can hold up to 5 now. if you can get off the chants for them, you can do it all in one post. i dun see someone standing there and watching you basically chant a song off save the last dance >.> xD but ya, it's kinda like that
Back to top Go down
https://wotr.rpg-board.net
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 9 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 3:34 pm

Ok thanx.
Back to top Go down
rekoa
Respected Elder
rekoa

Number of posts : 1322
Rep! : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 9 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 3:20 pm

So I'm wondering how the attack rings in the Onishoppe work. Seeing that they are magic and do strong damage the drain would be strong and skill roll of honed... or would they be like a gun and have so many charges per rp and be low drain or something.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 9 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 3:56 pm

they don't have a drain and you shouldn't have to roll for em
just atk = strong
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 4:20 pm

With Myndius active, do you actually have to type out a chant or does having the mode active allow you simply channel and use?

Myndius
TEXP: 8
Invokes a mode that allows the user to chant within their mind. While mentally chanting in this mode the caster's body will
give off a soft glow as energy is channeled just before performing a magixal technique.
Effect: Invokes mode

*Also, there's an accidental [enter] between "will" and "give" as you can see. Magic I page.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 10:48 am

nah, you don't have to type it out. you don't have to type out chants normally, just say you chanted. chanting is implied.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 12:23 pm

ShinTre_Admin wrote:
nah, you don't have to type it out. you don't have to type out chants normally, just say you chanted. chanting is implied.
Wait... WHAT?! You mean I've been coming up with powerful, moving 5-7 syllable incantations for nothing?! Do you have any idea how long it takes to come up with "Spirits of Order, PURGE!" I went thru several variations and voice inflections. It had to feel just right and now you tell me it was all for naught? NNNNOOOOOOO! (Thanks. ^_^)
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 1:50 pm

ok
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Technique Questions
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9