Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Technique Questions

Go down 
+14
Kazakura
Datorru
Themeless
Antifreke
rekoa
Kiun
Dwem
LittleMariko
DarkKnightCecil
Surreal SaDiablo
яuиє
Psi Prince
ShinTre_Admin
aѕceпxion
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Technique Questions - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 7:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ω Intense Strikes
TEXP: 2
Fists move so quickly with punches they are unable to be followed by normal eyes.

Ω Lightning Kicks
TEXP: 2
Feet are able to kick so swiftly that they are unable to be followed by normal eyes.

Ω Fighter's Heart
TEXP: 5
The ability to fight with uncanny power with your style of choice (MA, Brawl, Boxing, or Grappling.)
Effect: damage of normal fighting techniques +1 Strength attribute

Are these considered passive or do they have to be activated in battle? There are three viable scenarios.
1) After learning these, you have the ability to use them all the time as they enhance your existing abilities. I.e. Intense strikes applies to MA fighting with no additional stamina draw and your hands always move fast when attacking.
2) You learn these like normal techs and it exerts more stamina to use these increased abilities. I.e. there is a 10% draw when you go from normal MA fighting to enhanced MA fighting.
3) You activate the ability in battle and only pay the stamina cost once when you first use it.

Last edited by escalation on Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
ShinTre_Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3438
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 10:55 am

yup
Back to top Go down
https://wotr.rpg-board.net
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle

Number of posts : 2610
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 11:48 pm

For Tyme Package, Foresight... how exactly is this supposed to work when you get into the 30+ seconds range? I have this one and I realized that I can't really ask someone, "Hey, what was your character going to do 30 seconds in the future?" I mean I've normally used it to time an attack or evasion since I would know that was coming, but in all honesty that could be with Novice or Trained status' time limit.

For Rewinding Restores, in post count terms, how long is 12 seconds? Most posts seem to move rather quickly once the fighting gets started and the monologues stop.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 11:26 am

Psi Prince wrote:
For Tyme Package, Foresight... how exactly is this supposed to work when you get into the 30+ seconds range? I have this one and I realized that I can't really ask someone, "Hey, what was your character going to do 30 seconds in the future?" I mean I've normally used it to time an attack or evasion since I would know that was coming, but in all honesty that could be with Novice or Trained status' time limit.

For Rewinding Restores, in post count terms, how long is 12 seconds? Most posts seem to move rather quickly once the fighting gets started and the monologues stop.

Thanks.
a. use it like you've been using it. the only part that actually matters in most attacks is like... the second it hits you... unless someone takes a min to set up an attack
b. 12 jabs
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male
Rep! : 96

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 4:04 pm

Thanks. :)
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male
Number of posts : 3978
Rep! : 82

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 1:24 am

I have a question about the tech Kankaku. It says it allows you to "sense the strength and ability of a spirit" and I was wondering what exactly that means.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 3:26 pm

If it's against a normal character, you can get a pretty good idea of how strong they are (attributes) and ability might give you an idea of their packages.

Against a ShinPC, it does nothing as I learned against Rayje. ^_^
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male
Rep! : 29

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 11:23 am

it did work. it said she was very strong. d.a.
but ya, it tells you whether they can do a lot or not
not really what they can do
but that they can do it
Back to top Go down
rekoa
Respected Elder
rekoa

Number of posts : 1322
Rep! : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 11:47 am

So I was paying around with some numbers and was wondering. If you have rank 5 in say weapon melee skill and rank 5 in Weapon Endurance you can get 2 numbers.
ie.
(b-m)-s=x (10-30%)-75%= 1.75
(b-s)-m=x (10-75%)-30%= 0.75

So what comes first the Mastery or the Weapon Endurance? And what if this was a Affinity? What would come frist?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 1:00 pm

Umm... I got 1.75 both times. The order in which you take a percentage shouldn't change the outcome... b/c we found this out when first calculating drain after affinity and mastery level.

Ex 1) 10-30% (3) = 7 -75% (5.25) = 1.75
Ex 2) 10-75% (7.5) = 2.5 -30% (0.75) = 1.75

I think you forgot to hit equal the last time. No worries. I do agree with your point about it being listed somewhere tho. =)
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 1:05 pm

i'm confused
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 1:15 pm

Basically, there's nowhere (according to rekoa, I'm too lazy to look) on the breakdown page that tells a new member that when calculating drain, you take the affinity bonus first, then mastery bonus and then any further bonuses from the technique itself.

When she did the calculations, she first thought there was a mistake in the numbers where you get two separate totals, but it was simply an error of not hitting equals to actually subtract the 0.75 from 2.5 which would balance both examples at 1.75 stamina drain.
Back to top Go down
rekoa
Respected Elder
rekoa

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 1:44 pm

Ah I guess I did thanks Kaz
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 2:02 pm

i'll put it up there, thx rek/kaz
Back to top Go down
rekoa
Respected Elder
rekoa

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 10:02 am

Quote :
Bless
Spiritually poisons Onikonjou, Possession types, and characters with Demonic Arts. Blessed items and attacks damage susceptible targets as if they have weak attributes. Bless makes it so that a character can only use 50% of its max stamina and causes reoccurring pain. Stamina and HP cannot be regained while spiritually poisoned. Bless cannot be removed by AntiPoison, but you can remove Bless by being Cursed. The effects of Bless lasts until the character dies or is cured.

So I was wonder if casting the Status Effect Bless on a target stays on the target till it is removed. What about Weapons or skill with Bless. Do then add a status effect on the target that stays till removed? I ways thought it would let the weapon or skill act as if the target had weak stats but wouldn't leave a the status effect....
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 10:05 am

Bless
Spiritually poisons Onikonjou, Possession types, and characters with Demonic Arts. Blessed items and attacks damage susceptible targets as if they have weak attributes. Bless makes it so that a character can only use 50% of its max stamina and causes reoccurring pain. Stamina and HP cannot be regained while spiritually poisoned. Bless cannot be removed by AntiPoison, but you can remove Bless by being Cursed. The effects of Bless lasts until the character dies or is cured.
http://h2h.site90.com/breakdown.html
Back to top Go down
rekoa
Respected Elder
rekoa

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 10:11 am

lol I guess I should have read that better.
Back to top Go down
Tsukai
Intern
Tsukai

Male
Number of posts : 367
Rep! : 10
Registration date : 2010-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 11:47 pm

Quote :
Weapon Endurance (passive)
The ability to use normal weapon melee attacks with heavily reduced stamina. With this fighting with your weapon style will eventually become as easy as walking.
Effect: stamina reduction -15% per level
--
TEXP: 3

That's referring to everything excluding "Ω" techniques, right? Also...

Sonic Slash (passive), Ω Jinsoku Slashes, etc. Are these all exclusive to swords or weapons that slash specifically?

Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 12:49 am

Weapon Endurance = normal attacks meaning an attack done using say Bushido... i.e. basic slash, jab, thrust, lunge, sweep, chop, etc.

Sonic Slash/Jinsoku Slashes - If you can reasonably justify using either with say a naginata, then they apply. You'd have a harder time justifying using Jinsoku with say Tora Twine or string weapons. You might be able to do it with a whip...
Back to top Go down
Tsukai
Intern
Tsukai

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 8:25 am

Hmz. Alright.
Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Tsukai
Intern
Tsukai

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 1:02 am

Would a cutlass fall under bushido or swordsmanship?
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 1:07 am

Not really on the staff but Id think it would go under swordsmanship, but I could be wrong x.x, lol.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 6:36 pm

No, you're right. A cutlass is a(n) European sword therefore it would fall under Swordsmanship. Bushido only applies to "Eastern weaponry".
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 6:49 pm

m034 Yay I got it right! m027 I knew I was right from the start though...
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 7:33 am

7 Nail Seal
A set of large 2 story tall spirit nails and metallic chains form over a target and slams its limbs to the ground while a sphere-grid forms beneath it. The spell creates a physical bind. If the technique is held for 3 turns, it exorcises a spirit from a human host. This either kills the host or reverts it to a human form depending on the targets will and type.
Effect: binding strength = 1 per level, drain is Destructive
--
TEXP: 10

Since it's no longer in the description, I'm just wondering if this one still moves at Ascended speeds? I remember it did b/c Seven used it on Marcos during the tourney. :)
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 10:47 pm

With the tech timehalt, I was wondering about its effect on magic. It says "If the user attempts magixal technique while the time is frozen, the technique fails and time resumes." So I was wondering what would happen if a spell was being held and someone timehalted, would it cancel out both spells?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 3:57 pm

To Kaz, you're delusional:

Quote :
7 Nail Seal
A set of large 2 story tall spirit nails and metallic chains form over a target and binds it's limbs to the ground while a sphere-grid forms beneath it. If the technique is held for 3 turns, it exorcises a spirit from a human host. This either kills the host or reverts it to a human form depending on the targets will and type.
Effect: binding strength is Fierce, drain is Destructive
Rune, as far as you go, the only way I can see this happening is if someone uses Casting Queue, then uses Timehalt. If you use Casting Queue, halt time, then try to use one of the spells that you queued, then that spell would screw up and time would resume like normal. Chances are that if you caste Casting Queue -before- you cast Timehalt, then the queue stays unaffected and can still be utilized after the Timehalt is resumed. Notably, you'll notice the definition only specifies the destruction of Timehalt if the person who used Timehalt attempts to use magic.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 3:59 am

1) I don't trust you! And if it didn't move at Ascended, how the heck did Marcos get caught in it? Meh, I've been wrong before. Thanks either way.

2) Rune's question was not about him using magic, it came up when I did my "force choke" (Telekinetix) on him and he was wondering if using Timehalt would break the hold of something like that.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 12:12 pm

1) You're welcome.
2) Then he would be frozen in the force choke since it was caste before Timehalt; Timehalt isn't Grand Dispel and probably wouldn't work like an application of it.
Back to top Go down
Tsukai
Intern
Tsukai

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 12:12 pm

Quote :
* Destructive and Fierce+ Area effecting spells require a portion of the post to channel energy (10 s)
(Alternatively, you can channel a powerful spell in a prep post and caste it at the beginning of the next)
Sorry, I have a question about this rule again. This time, it relates to the use of Timehalt. Would Timehalt (because it affects the area on a universal scale and has a destructive drain), be considered an area-effecting spell that's Fierce or over?

I'm actually going to ask the same thing of Slowdown (since it's similar in its ability to affect the area and because of it's drain, which is Fierce.)
Back to top Go down
Tsukai
Intern
Tsukai

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 5:56 pm

Psi Prince wrote:
No, you're right. A cutlass is a(n) European sword therefore it would fall under Swordsmanship. Bushido only applies to "Eastern weaponry".

Was reading up on the cutlass and it can be classified as a short-bladed weapon. It might actually fall under Daggerarts.
Quote :
Skill, accuracy, and ability to use a short bladed weapon.
With the eastern and western take, it leaves to question if a Wakizashi would fall under Bushido or Daggerarts. My take on it is two-handed Eastern weapons fall under Bushido, two-handed Western weapons fall under Swordsmanship, and daggers/one-handed swords fall under Daggerarts.

Was that the intention?
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 10:49 pm

Tsukai wrote:
Quote :
* Destructive and Fierce+ Area effecting spells require a portion of the post to channel energy (10 s)
(Alternatively, you can channel a powerful spell in a prep post and caste it at the beginning of the next)
Sorry, I have a question about this rule again. This time, it relates to the use of Timehalt. Would Timehalt (because it affects the area on a universal scale and has a destructive drain), be considered an area-effecting spell that's Fierce or over?

I'm actually going to ask the same thing of Slowdown (since it's similar in its ability to affect the area and because of it's drain, which is Fierce.)
Kyro can correct me if I'm wrong, but Timehalt would be yes and Slowdown would be no b/c Slowdown affects you and your perception of the area b/c I don't believe that people start moving slower, your "senses" are technically moving faster. Timehalt, on the other hand, stops everything, so it would take a greater demand of focus to pull off, hence the delay.

Tsukai wrote:
Psi Prince wrote:

Was reading up on the cutlass and it can be classified as a short-bladed weapon. It might actually fall under Daggerarts.
Quote :
Skill, accuracy, and ability to use a short bladed weapon.
With the eastern and western take, it leaves to question if a Wakizashi would fall under Bushido or Daggerarts. My take on it is two-handed Eastern weapons fall under Bushido, two-handed Western weapons fall under Swordsmanship, and daggers/one-handed swords fall under Daggerarts.

Was that the intention?
If you look at a picture of a cutlass, it's two long to be a dagger. While they are a short sword, they would still fall under Swordsmanship. A wakizashi is not a dagger either, it's a short sword. The tanto is the dagger of the Japanese sword family. Also, the one hand/two hand distinction plays no part b/c there are sword styles in Bushido that dual wield the katana & wakizashi (like Musashi's style) or use a katana one-handed. The simple rule would fall to size of the blade itself and the fighting style the character uses with the weapon.

Hope that helps! ^_^
Back to top Go down
Tsukai
Intern
Tsukai

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 10:52 pm

It does. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 1:20 am

Could a possessed human learn techs with the Ω by them?
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female
Number of posts : 974
Rep! : 26
Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 1:26 am

Technique Facts wrote:
* Humans (excluding Hitorinji) are cannot learn grayed techs with "Ω" by it.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 1:28 am

Yep, seen, that though I was wondering if possessed humans where different since they are possessed.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female
Number of posts : 974
Rep! : 26
Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 1:31 am

Possessed is different from a Hitorinji in a variety of aspects. It specifies this as well. Given that, it would have stated specifically that this is a feat of a possession. Forgive me if this is not my place to state this. Nevertheless, I'm merely regurgitating what the rules say.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 1:33 am

Np Blue, its alright, ty.
Back to top Go down
Tsukai
Intern
Tsukai

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 8:30 am

Well, as far as I know, possessed humans are humans.
Further evidence can be found in the following question: During the character creation process, what is it you type next to "Race" when creating a Possession? If your answer was "Human," then you can't use "Ω techniques unless you're a Hitorinji...as stated.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 11:55 am

ya they can use magic and omega techs
possessions have magic in their packages
i guess i should word that better
thx
cheers
https://wotr.rpg-board.net/t2366-can-possessed-use-magic-omega-techs#39606
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 5:55 pm

I gots a few so here we go xD?

With the Summoner ability Weapon Arts, does the summon need to be equipped with a weapon or does it have the ability to manifest a weapon to use?
Spoiler:

The Summoner ability Disconnect, with its effects, I think it would be a passive ability that the summoner has.
Spoiler:

And, because I wasn't sure, how much is the drain for the Summon Spirit ability, is it he same as when someone transforms?

Onto another thing about techs xD. In the binding info it talks about Physical, Illusionary, Charm, or Mental Binds, though it doesn't say the type of bind it is on a binding tech, so do you use your spidy senses to tell which is which?
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 9:19 pm

As a summoner, what happens if your summon dies? Does it just... unsummon? xD
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 11:36 pm

@Rune

Q1: They would simply manifest with a basic weapon.
Q2: No, Disconnect is active b/c you disconnect the spirit from you. The passive "version" is when it's attached to you.
Q3: Drain is unlisted and therefore Weak.
Q4: The tech description and applicable will tell you the type of bind. If you're being held by your mind, it's mind. If the sexy woman is "holding" you in awe, it's a charm bind. If you can't move b/c of a dream/illusion, then it's illusion. If something is physically holding on to you, then it's physical. That one should have been common sense there.
Q5: The same thing that happens if your golem dies... you wait and then re-summon it.

There you go...
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 11:38 pm

Lol, alright thanks for the answers Mr answer man Razz
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 2:53 pm

Another tech question...

Summon Spirit
The user calls a summoned spirit into the physical realm. It stays attached to the user, but acts on its own. When summoned, the master's HP doubles. The master and summon share the Master's STA. When the summon goes away the master's HP reverts to normal at a percentage of HP to Max HP.
Effect: summon length lasts 3 posts per level, becomes unlimited at perfected

When a summoner has there summon out, and the summon spirit ability at perfected how do you know when the summon has been defeated. Does it get the same amount of HP as the summoner?

Edit: Also, I was wondering about the thing that is summoned in the info about the possession it says "The spirit can range in demeanor and appearance being humanoid (i.e. angels, demons, etc) or bestial (i.e. dragons, lions, pedobears, etc)" does this mean that the form of the summon can change between summons? Thats kind of how I started to run mine.... >.>
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 4:35 pm

Duration: From how it reads, the master & summon share HP, so he automatically goes away when you get KO'd but he can be sent away to save yourself from his damage. We're gonna need to make that one more clear tho.

Type: I'm going to say yes. You would probably have your main summon that you use a lot, but I see no reason why you can't summon multiples. Now I'm not completely sure if they would all have to have the same element though. It's more tactical to be able summon different spirits with different elements Final Fantasy style to battle different people, but since you as the master don't have to have the elements yourself, that might be an issue.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 11:03 pm

When I read it I got the impression that the form of the summon could change.. Though I have another question lol.

In the quest Spellfire - Apokathisto!, both Ero's character and one of mine are doing it and we have come to the point where the power would be gained, and they both did the same thing to gain the power so I was wondering if they both would gain the power or would just one gain the power?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 7:36 am

Both.
Back to top Go down
Tsukai
Intern
Tsukai

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 10:36 pm

Quote :
Sonic Blade
A secret technique passed down through the Sacred Hunters and circles of swordsmanship. The technique uses the wind as a blade projectile. A swift slash emits a razor sharp wind blade that is able to travel over a distance at a target.
Requires: Weapon Melee Package
Effect: damage is Fierce, travel distance = 10 ft per level, size = 2 ft per level
Cost: 7,000 EXP
Is this considered a Weapon Melee technique and if so, would it be affected by a Weapon Melee affinity?
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 3:52 am

Yes and as long as it's performed with a sword, yes, your affinity would be added to it.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 4:37 am

H2H Content Site wrote:
Outflare
Magixal energy builds around the caster, swirls about, and then explodes outwards damaging targets within an area of a building radius.
Effect: radius = 5 ft per level, damage is Fierce
--
TEXP: 5
My question is about the range... the description still says that it "damages targets within an area of a building radius" yet the radius is set to 5 ft per level so even at Perfected that's only 25 ft, which is smaller than my apartment let alone a building. So which is incorrect, the description or the new "range effect"?

Suggestion: Remove the 5 ft per level range and edit description to "area of a small building" if you're trying to prevent people from blowing up a skyscraper radius b/c it's "a building".
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 2:36 pm

» Revitalization
With this ability, the user will be able to "grow out of themselves." If the user's body has been damaged beyond repair or is worn, the user will be able to spit themselves up a new body and the old body will be left behind in a sack of skin. Once performed, the user is fully healed even if the user is thought to be dead. A user is able to do this once every 5 weeks. For every level trained, a week is taken away from the time restriction.
Effect: 100% HP, new body

with this tech it says you get a new body and dose not state what the new body looks like.. so to me, this means the body can look like any body, giving the person a new look with the new body
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 1:46 pm

Psi, since the effect is explicitly stated, go with that and place your suggestion on the correct board. As for Rune, I'm pretty sure this was based off of the Orochimaru technique; it doesn't state that it is an appearance altering technique, so it's more likely not to allow what it doesn't state than allow what it doesn't state (i.e. it also doesn't state you can't change classes in the new body or get a beast based body instead of humanoid, etc). That's my ruling on it, you can take it to admin review if you want Shin's judgment.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 4:07 pm

That's the problem. The new effect doesn't match the description of the tech, so one of them needs to be changed as to not confuse people. I'll send it to Admin Review tho. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Technique Questions
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next