Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Technique Questions

Go down 
+14
Kazakura
Datorru
Themeless
Antifreke
rekoa
Kiun
Dwem
LittleMariko
DarkKnightCecil
Surreal SaDiablo
яuиє
Psi Prince
ShinTre_Admin
aѕceпxion
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Technique Questions - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 7:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ω Intense Strikes
TEXP: 2
Fists move so quickly with punches they are unable to be followed by normal eyes.

Ω Lightning Kicks
Feet are able to kick so swiftly that they are unable to be followed by normal eyes.

Ω Fighter's Heart
TEXP: 5
The ability to fight with uncanny power with your style of choice (MA, Brawl, Boxing, or Grappling.)
Effect: damage of normal fighting techniques +1 Strength attribute

Are these considered passive or do they have to be activated in battle? There are three viable scenarios.
1) After learning these, you have the ability to use them all the time as they enhance your existing abilities. I.e. Intense strikes applies to MA fighting with no additional stamina draw and your hands always move fast when attacking.
2) You learn these like normal techs and it exerts more stamina to use these increased abilities. I.e. there is a 10% draw when you go from normal MA fighting to enhanced MA fighting.
3) You activate the ability in battle and only pay the stamina cost once when you first use it.

Last edited by escalation on Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Themeless
Veteran

Number of posts : 884
Registration date : 2009-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 9:50 pm

Lytscatters
The caster holds his/her palms together and creates an electrically charged field about their body that they can control or project, that magnetizes a metal target when activated, causing it to attract or repulse other metal objects.
Effect: magnetization lasts 2 turns per level once activated

Magnetism
A spell allowing the user is able to manipulates metallic objects that have been magnetized with a strength equal to the caster's attributes

These techs seem to go hand-in-hand with one another, but while the strength of Magnetism is determined by the caster's attribute, Lytscatters' ability isn't so clear. Would it be based off the same strength, or is there a set strength on how strong it can attract and repulse the metals? And if so, how strong is it?

On another note for the same package, some of the techs involve produce lightning from the sky. Does this lightning travel as fast as the natural thing, or does it move at the Fierce rate of techs?
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 12:44 pm

Specifically

Lytning bolt
TEXP: 10
A motion to the sky produces a single bolt of lightning that strikes down from the sky to a target.
Effect: damage is Strong, stun

Valley of Clasm
The caster performs a motion and produces several bolts of lightning from the sky, one after another, covering a target area.
Effect: damage is Fierce, area = 20 ft per level

I figured since they mention lightning explicitly in the title, it meant natural lightning.
However! That's not my question, my questions have to do with the void package.

Let's say I was using Pseudo-Invisibility:
Psuedo Invisibility
A phase shifting ability that allows the user to slip into a non mobile realm pocket making him/her undetectable in the physical realm. While in the form, the user cannot attack until they come out of the technique.

With Lytscatters:
Lytscatters
The caster holds his/her palms together and creates an electrically charged field about their body that they can control or project, that magnetizes a metal target when activated, causing it to attract or repulse other metal objects.
Effect: magnetization lasts 2 turns per level once activated

Since I can't use abilities while PI'd, does the technique pause or do the turns I'm using PI still count?
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3438
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 4:34 pm

@ theme
1. when i made this tech, i basically wanted to make it so that small metal items would be attracted or repelled from w/e is magnetized. so like, if someone got their sword scattered, spoons, metal shards, nails and stuff would stick to it, etc. it was mostly sposed to set up magnetism but solo it'd basically make somethin metal a magnet, so i guess if the magnet had a strength it'd prob be based on the user's attributes where the use can put as much or as lil in it as they need to. i dunno if that answers ur question or not. might have to think a lil on that one.
2. i'm thinkin pretty much all mag atks move at a rate of fierce regardless of type

@ jai
1. ya, i can see what you saw there
2. the mag. lasts for 2 posts on what ever the object is that's magnetized. u dun have to hold the tech. it drops after 2 turns automatically.

hope this helps :m044:
if a description needs to be clarified in the wordin let me know
Back to top Go down
https://wotr.rpg-board.net
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male
Number of posts : 2610
Rep! : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 3:33 am

Bless/Curse Questions

1) Why is there no ability to cast Bless on a person? There are three abilities that cast Curse, but only Blessing Imbue which requires an inanimate medium.
2) If you cast Curse on an Oni or Bless on a human, what happens?
3) If you are cursed/blessed, do all attacks affect you as if you have Weak Defense or just those imbued with Bless/Curse status?
- Is the effect basically the stamina drain and inability to recover either?
4) Originally the "reoccurring pain" was cosmetic pain, is that still the case or is there a flat dmg rating assigned to the pain now?
5) If you cast Bless/Curse on a grenade, is the blast damage blessed as well? (Yes it sounds silly, but I'm curious.) Or is meant for non-mechanical weapons?

Thanks, that's it for now.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male
Rep! : 29

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 2:36 pm

Psi Prince wrote:
Bless/Curse Questions

1) Why is there no ability to cast Bless on a person? There are three abilities that cast Curse, but only Blessing Imbue which requires an inanimate medium.
2) If you cast Curse on an Oni or Bless on a human, what happens?
3) If you are cursed/blessed, do all attacks affect you as if you have Weak Defense or just those imbued with Bless/Curse status?
- Is the effect basically the stamina drain and inability to recover either?
4) Originally the "reoccurring pain" was cosmetic pain, is that still the case or is there a flat dmg rating assigned to the pain now?
5) If you cast Bless/Curse on a grenade, is the blast damage blessed as well? (Yes it sounds silly, but I'm curious.) Or is meant for non-mechanical weapons?

Thanks, that's it for now.

1. Blessing Imbue
The ability to spiritually add Blessing to an inanimate object. It will hold the blessing for a length depending on the control of the spell (1 day per level).
Effect: add Bless to an object

2. nothin. they get cured if they are already blessed (oni) or cursed (opposite)

3. all attacks

4. cosmetic

5. no unless you hit em w/the grenade and it didn't blow up. the bless would be on the grenade, not the blast.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 9:47 pm

Ahh ok.

1) But Blessing Imbue is casted on an inanimate object meaning not a person... Shasma, Miasma, and Seer Curse all cast it on an actual target. Was this done on purpose?
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male
Rep! : 20

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 3:11 am

Ageus
A spell that invokes a mode that increases the speed it of a Magixal attack. Magixal attacks will now travel over a distance faster than normal.
Effect: Magix attacks move at Ascended rate, mode lasts 1 post per level

This is funny cuz you all ready had someone mention this once. If this makes the techniques move at an Ascended rate, then the default speed they move at would obviously be one tier lower. The breakdown page says they move at Fierce. Fierce = Ascended. So I think you meant they move at Strong, or High.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male
Number of posts : 3978
Rep! : 82

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 4:59 am

On some of the techs, it says they paralyze the target but paralyze isn't on the status effects list
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female
Number of posts : 2042
Rep! : 61
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 5:12 am

I'm guessing we have to define "rope" and "electricity" too.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 1:59 pm

psi - i'll look into it
theme - kk thx, i'll fix that
rune - i'll look and see if that needs t'be added or explained. it shouldn't have anything special added to it cept for paralysis. the other stuff on the status normally has stuff added to it like it effecting sta or hp.
jai - be nyce
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 7:28 pm

I think the bigger question is how long would paralysis last. And though it paralyzes the body, would one still be able to fire off spells?
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 8:11 pm

Paralysis should effect the area of the body affected. If that specific attack hits a limb, that limb should be paralyzed, etc. It should last for as long as the attack is held, unless there are spells that caste paralysis and do not say for how long.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 12:05 am

Alright, I have another question....

» Sonic howl
A piercing offensive howl that sends out a sturdy force to knock an opponent back while dealing damage.
Effect: damage is Fierce within weapon melee range and Strong outside of weapon melee range

^^^^^ What is the drain on this tech, is it rated at Fierce? I ask this since it does two different damages at two different ranges.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 12:36 am

It's rated fierce.
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 1:27 am

Can MToughness and Toughness be used at the same time?
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 12:30 pm

nah, that'd have t'be a combine tech t'use 2 techs together
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 5:41 pm

Quest Ability: Artifact Activation (active) < What exactly does this do? It is gained for doing the Artifact Activation Quest, and sounds as if Hitorinji should start with it. >_> does it allow them to go Super Hitorinji?
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 8:17 pm

Thats the tech humans are supposed to do to go Hitorinji. Kinda like the Ascenscion for spirits.
Really, the effect is clearly stated:
Quest Ability: Artifact Activation (active) - class change to Hitorinji.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 10:36 am

...And you invoke it to dig into your Hitorinji powers; that process were the markings cover your body and your attributes go from Weak to Average. Still, Adrian had a question earlier that went unanswered because he didn't copy/paste the description, thus, here:

Artifact Activation Quest
The quest to activate your inner strength!
Subclass: Human
Requires: 750 words
Each Hitorinji has a merged Artifact-Shouchou embedded in their bodies. Once the merger is done, invisible spirit markings plant themselves onto the host. In times of stress, a Hitorinji is able to call on the power of its Artifact to increase its abilities depending on its affinity. The activation not only increases their natural abilities but also amplifies their affinity to allow them greater powers in the abilities that they specialize in. When they activate their artifact, the invisible spiritual markings sometimes glow with a color that represents the user.
Quest Ability: Artifact Activation (active) - class change to Hitorinji.

This suggests there is some bonus to the Hitorinji's ability to use their affinity, which would make sense as they have no advantage that Onikonjou and Kamikonjou do not have with the lack of flight. But, this hasn't been specified and no one has used this one the site, so clarification please?
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 3:04 pm

@ rune - see theme
@ theme - yup yup
@ esca - good cosign. fawk! a question...
that's actually based on a earlier concept i had of the hito. basically it increase affinity techs +1 to lvl. supposed to be the hito's hidden strength.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 12:09 am

So.... if you have a hitorinji character all of there affinity techs start out one level higher than normal?
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 1:14 pm

nah. their spells do +1 dmg xD i think
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 11:30 pm

I see, alright I have questions again! and I need to get to work on those weapons for you x.x

First, the tech Antichant, can it be ranked up to reduce the increase in stamina, the same goes for the other techs in the package.
Quote :
Antichant (passive)
TEXP: 8
The ability to forcibly use a spell without chanting the invocation for it. It allows an user to get off a spell faster, but casting spells this way places an extra strain on the user.
Effect: stamina drain x2 for the tech used

Second, if your affinity is casting, would it reduce the stamina costs of the techs like it does with other techs?
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 11:29 am

nah, this is a passive tech that doesn't need to be trained
if it's your affinity it'll prob cost x1.5 instead of x2
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 1:48 pm

m029 I has another questions for you.
The first being; If a character was to get shot twice with a firearm, say a handgun would that do strong once, or strong twice, since the character would be getting shot two times.

The second being; kind of similar, but if you were to wear two different attack rings and hit someone with both of them, would they do two strongs or a single strong in damage.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 12:42 pm

яuиє wrote:
m029 I has another questions for you.
The first being; If a character was to get shot twice with a firearm, say a handgun would that do strong once, or strong twice, since the character would be getting shot two times.
- each shot is it's own dmg

The second being; kind of similar, but if you were to wear two different attack rings and hit someone with both of them, would they do two strongs or a single strong in damage.
- each shot is its own dmg

^____^
but the ring attacks prob wouldn't combine. i dun want ppl trying to do super attacks by stackin ring attacks on each other
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 5:09 am

When you train a Status Effect spell, what exactly are you improving? Your success rate with the spell or what b/c I figure since it's a status effect you can't really miss per say and it was decided a while back that training doesn't improve the strength of an ability unless it states that it does. Just wondering. Hope you had a good holiday season thus far.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 9:02 am

ya, basically whether it hits or miss. it can be your success rate w/the spell or the effect. it's up to you.
happy holiday's you too. how's ya big sis doin? ^_________^
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 2:32 pm

I was looking at the techs in the Mechanical Weapon Projectile tech tree and I was wondering if any of them are passive, because it doesn't say, but it seems like say they are, but it seem/feels like they would be passive techs.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 10:43 am

i remember making them not passive for a reason. if ur confused about why one needs to be trained then c/p its description and i'll let you kno why
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 3:17 am

My underlying question is a technique question I suppose so here:

What is it about taking the Support or Light package that limits ALL offensive magic? I want to know for both IC and OOC reasons b/c Heaven's Judgment is Destructive but Psyre will learn that his attack does not seem to be as strong as the one who trains with him and he's gonna find out why... so I'm curious to know if there is a reason behind it.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 7:11 pm

You should know the answer to this after being on a Shin site for so long: because Shin said so.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 11:49 am

escalation wrote:
You should know the answer to this after being on a Shin site for so long: because Shin said so.
sounds good
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 4:59 pm

Could there be a custom tech made in the Beast Melee package that would allow a Onihumetransformation demon to use the techs in the package?
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 6:08 pm

Ooooh, good question! Though I suspect the answer is no. It's basically the reverse of the old "Can I be a wolyf and use swords?" If you have a human appearance, it will probably be meant to not have bestial features/appendages.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 12:03 am

Mmm, I see. Wasn't sure. Another thing I was wondering is how one could get custom weapons made, like custom melee weapons, would we have to find a spirit smith or is there some other way since there isn't that many spirit smiths.

Quote :
Custom Combine Techniques
Combination techniques mesh together the properties of two packages. In order to learn a custom Combination Technique, a character must already have both packages that the technique will consist of. In addition to that, he or she must have over half the techniques in both of those packages trained at Mastered level or greater. If one of the packages in the Custom Combination Technique is in the Character's affinity then the stamina drain of the tech automatically reduces by 1/4. The technique is learned/earned through the custom ability quest above.

it doesn't say how many customs you can make in a single package combo so I was wondering how many you could make, like how many you could make for a combo of melee and fire, etc.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 1:22 pm

@ rune
- i'm confused. why wouldn't an oni be able to use weapons?
- the number of pckages combined into a custom dun really matter i don't think? what custom are you trying to get approved?
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 3:07 pm

I'm talking about like a custom melee weapon with bonuses and what not. I was just wondering, was messing around with some custom tech combo ideas last night though I don't meet the requirements to make one yet I was drawing up some ideas for when I do, here they are.

Dark Blade of Corruption
- Combo: Bushido/Swordsmanship + Demonic Arts
- Info: Demonic energy swirls around the users hands and extends out to cover the entire length of the sword they are wielding the dark energy fuses with the blade temporarily, imbuing it with the power to curse anyone it touches.
- Effect: Curse
- Drain: Mode lasts 1 post per level
- Duration: Medium

Dark Blade of Decay
- Info: Demonic energy swirls around the users hands and extends out to cover the entire length of the sword they are wielding the dark energy fuses with the blade temporarily, imbuing it with the power to poison anyone it touches.
- Effect: Poison

Dark Blade of Sloth
- Info: Demonic energy swirls around the users hands and extends out to cover the entire length of the sword they are wielding the dark energy fuses with the blade temporarily, imbuing it with the power to paralyze anyone it touches.
- Effect: Paralysis
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 4:22 pm

those dun look too bad
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 4:38 pm

So I would be able to make all 3 if I met the requirements?
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 1:20 pm

prolly, i'd have to rev when u request it when you get to the point where you can
minimal thinkage!
Back to top Go down
Datorru
Veteran
Datorru

Male
Number of posts : 679
Rep! : 3
Registration date : 2009-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 2:39 pm

can special techs (possessed) Be learned with Texp?
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 2:44 pm

no techs can be learned w/only texp. you can trade 2 texp for 5k exp like once or twice a week. that's what ppl do. so you can basically do anything w/that 5k exp you trade it in for.
Back to top Go down
Datorru
Veteran
Datorru

Male
Number of posts : 679
Rep! : 3
Registration date : 2009-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 4:41 pm

K thanks
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 1:39 pm

Quote :
Rejection
TEXP: 6
The ability to reject binds easily on contact so long as the caster's control level of this technique is higher than that of the opponent's bind.
Effect: anti-binding strength is Fierce

This tech seems like it might be passive since it says on contact.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 6:59 pm

I think it means that you can break a bind as soon as it touches you, rather than having to force against it to break it and risk getting hit while trying to break the bind. That would be the only reason why this would not be passive.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 11:40 am

Quote :
Chaotic Familiars
Summons nether half-animal demons (i.e. wolves, foxes, snakes) attached to the user's back that can be used to attack an enemy or absorb an attack. The number of familiars that can be created increase as the technique is trained.
Effect: damage is High, guard buffer is Low, # of familiar = 1 per level

Since with each level you gain one additional familiar, would you be able to use all 5 to each block part of an attack to add up to 5 total guard?
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 10:58 am

ya that's fine for now
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 11:16 am

Alright. Here is another one for you.

Quote :
Dark Barrier
TEXP: 7
The caster projects a protective sphere of dark energy around the caster that buffers damage.
Effect: guard is Strong, lasts for 1 posts per level or until broken
Quote :
Chaotic Familiars
Summons nether half-animal demons (i.e. wolves, foxes, snakes) attached to the user's back that can be used to attack an enemy or absorb an attack. The number of familiars that can be created increase as the technique is trained.
Effect: damage is High, guard buffer is Low, # of familiar = 1 per level

Could these two spells be used to make a stronger shielding spell? Like Dark Barrier cast first, since it lasts X number of posts. And then Chaotic Familiars cast at full power, if you can, to create a barrier that has a guard of 8 total.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 7:40 pm

I believe the has been okay'd in an earlier post since the barrier lasts per a certain number of posts.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 1:33 pm

ya, i'll let that slide until kaz does somethin to make me regret it
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 4:41 pm

m029 buwhaahahahahahah, Alright ^^. Here is another....

Quote :
Area Purification
TEXP: 8
Both palms thrust out extracting streams of sutra cards from the caster's clothing or sleeves to cover the terrain and negate non passive Magixal and Possession techniques.
Effect: drain is Fierce, area = 10 ft per level

Would this continue to drain after it has been cast, or does it just do a single drain and last.... continuously? I have been wondering this since it has been used against one of my characters >_>
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 4:49 pm

For this is seems like the cards are being blessed and stay on the terrain after it's cast. It looks like the drain here is one time since it's not a spell that would need to be held. It's only 50 feet of influence maxxed out, so getting out of it is like running through 2 yards. Keep gas and some matches and you can just torch the papers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Technique Questions   Technique Questions - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Technique Questions
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next