Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board

Go down 
+23
Jherit
ero
Blue
Tsukai
The Panda
Rei
Broken
Strayed
Kazakura
Nicolai
Surreal SaDiablo
Datorru
DarkKnightCecil
яuиє
KyroShiori
Kaguyalover
aѕceпxion
Themeless
Antifreke
LittleMariko
rekoa
Psi Prince
ShinTre_Admin
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male
Number of posts : 3438
Rep! : 29
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 1:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

This thread is for:
* custom techniques
* storyline characters
* stealing permits
* path related items
* overall, things that need to be approved

Make it clear what you're asking about and it shall be replied to. Just make sure to add all relevant information as well as a bio link.
Back to top Go down
https://wotr.rpg-board.net

AuthorMessage
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle

Number of posts : 2378
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 9:42 am

I actually have a legit question for once.

So.. lets say I have half of my techs mastered..
and a buddy has half of his techs mastered..

and we want to make a custom that combines both of our abilities..

like.. Ground and Lightning, or water and air.. to make an attack with both attributes.

can that be done?
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 10:41 am

@ rune - lol@manbeast. sounds sexual. but you can basically have your swords attached to your arms, use beast weaponry and save some exp and texp. might be cheaper?
@ psyre - i suppose i can allow ppl to get level exp back then
@ shishi - omnivision should do wonders for him. that should be ur first tech for him. signature can be used to track auras.
@ tehsex - i think the team set up gives team customs. that'd be the way to go
Back to top Go down
Kaguyalover
Mystic Moogle

Number of posts : 2348
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 11:07 am

Only thing that would need to be filled in now is the Class and the pay ( since I dont know exactly how that system works when applying them to jobs and what not...) Also adjust as you see fit.

Science (Division 12)

Science Intern (SI)
Entry level permits basic access into the labs and level F class files and information.
Work specifications; Usually comprised of entry level scientists, performing the basics of things, (classified as runners; getting stuff such as coffee, files, etc, etc, etc) Few times are they actually given any type of research to work on in full detail. Usually a group of ten follow around a Senior Scientist who teaches how things work. [This level is known as a Trial period]
Class:
Pay: $0

Tier 1 - Research
Researcher (R)
Requires: Scientist (Entry Level) @ 7
Researcher, level 1 access, obtaining E class files and information.
Work specifications; Basic research towards general specific scientific problems with no immediate use towards being applied. reports to assistant researcher and head researcher.
Class:
Pay: $

Assistant Researcher (AR)
Requires: Researcher @ 14
Assistant Researcher, level 2 access, obtaining D class files and information.
Work specifications; Second in command to Head Researcher, put in charge of small groups and provides help to those said groups, while also assisting the Head Rearcher. reports to Head researcher.
Class:

Head Researcher (HR)
Requires: Assistant Reseacher @
Head Researcher, level 3 access, obtaining C class files and information.
Work specifications; Commanding Scientist of the Researcher Tier, over looks all groups while keeping up with his/her own big project that ties in all the grops projects together. Reports to LSRD.
Class:

Tier 2 - Applied Research -
Applied Researcher (APR)
Requires: Head Researcher @
Applied Researcher, level 4 access, obtaining C class files and information.
Work specifications; Just like the researchers except thier reseacher is more specified towards a specific problem that needs immediate solutions and usages. Reports to Assistant Applied Researcher and Head Applied Researcher.
Class:

Assistant Applied Researcher (AAPR)
Requires: Applied Researcher @
Applied Researcher, level 5 access, obtaining B class files and information.
Work specifications; Over sees a small group of applied researchers while also performing product testing. Reports to Head Applied Reseacher.
Class:

Head Applied Researcher (HAPR)
Requires: Assistant Applied Researcher @
Head Applied Researcher, level 6 access, obtaining B+ class files and information.
Work specifications; Oversees the entire group of applied researchers, while also initiating product testing and data collection. The one that gives the orders in the projects. Reports to LSRD
Class:

-Tier 3 - Development -
Development Scientist (DS)
Requires: HAPR @
Development Scientist, level 7 access, obtaining A- class files and information.
Work specifications; Prodution process of actual development of various products ranging from weapons to regular house hold objects. Collect data during product testing. Reports to ADS, HDS
Class:

Assistant Development Scientist (ADS)
Requires: DS @
Head Applied Researcher, level 8 access, obtaining A class files and information.
Work specifications; Manages a group of DS in developing A class technology to produce, test, and collect data on technology. Reports to HDS
Class:

Head Development Scientist (HDS)
Requires: ADS @
Head Applied Researcher, level 9 access, obtaining S class files and information.
Work specifications; Oversees the entire Development tier and manages a small team in developing, producing and testing S class technology. Aim's to get approval for all the products so mass production can be started and shipment can begin. Reports to LSRD
Class:

-Lead Tier-
Leading Scientist of Research and Development (LSRD)
Requires: Requires Tier 1,2, and 3 and must be selected.
Lead Scientist, SS access, obtaining SS class files and information.
Work specifications; Oversees all the tiers and provides assistants where needed. Performs private SS research and development and experimentation. Gives approval/denied status to projects of the tiers below. Overall maintains the entire R&D Division to keep things in check, in order. Keep all data up to date. Creates and performs many updates to the R&D division's systems.
Class:
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 11:56 am

good ish, i'll add the texp on ur bio. thx for helping out.
Back to top Go down
KyroShiori
Respected Elder
KyroShiori

Female
Number of posts : 1359
Rep! : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 1:31 pm

Hai. Omnivision would help him. But a couple of the other moves involve sight. Like Speed of Syte. I'll be getting other moves perfected before I go for it. But I wanted to know now instead his eyes keepnig up with really fast targets..Instead his senses can keep up with any speed as he gains levels with it. That way in a fight its almost like he is 'seeing'.
Back to top Go down
Kaguyalover
Mystic Moogle
Kaguyalover

Female
Rep! : 20

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 6:41 pm

Anytime Shin! :) I'm always happy to help ya out if I can.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female
Number of posts : 2042
Rep! : 61
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 11:20 pm

Ohai. Grunty's a little bit past her organization checkpoint, so I wanted to know if I was all clear for her to be promoted to "boss" and get those 12 NPC operatives. Basically, at this point in her plotline she's deciding to take Propaganda from a drug dealing organization to a "protection" type organization. All of her clients will not only be exempt from attacks by Propaganda itself, but from any demons in the area of the lower commons. Supplemental income will come from attacking non-client businesses, further enhancing the market for Propaganda's sponsors. Of course, the clientèle is small at this point in time, perhaps 2 or 3 businesses, but there will be growth.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 9:49 am

i thought ur path was team? when did you switch to org?
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female
Number of posts : 2042
Rep! : 61
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 1:13 pm

Mmm? Naw, Grunty's path's always been organization, but I happen to have a team... or rather, Propaganda's always been a "gang", so I thought it would fit in with more with "build your own Clan, Gang, Syndicate, Yakuza or Mafia" moreso than the "team" thing, and I named the "team" after the organization for the sake of having a place to keep up with PCs in the organization. Besides, "team" doesn't seem to require that many words, and I've got 48k.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 10:20 pm

It's not clear if storyliners can quest.
Back to top Go down
Kaguyalover
Mystic Moogle
Kaguyalover

Female

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 9:19 am

shin, when yah gonna put up what i submitted to you? ( i kinda wanna know what class to put my character xD so i can finish up the bio)
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female
Rep! : 18

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 9:45 am

mariko = corporate extortionist
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 10:15 am

@ grunty - ok, you're approved for your 1st check point. your 2nd is pending basically an semi-detailed explanation of why/how you gained ur 2nd
@ kyro - didn't ur headstart do the tiamat quest? ya that should be fine
@ kagu - when i get to it. can't do things that req. concentration @ work
Back to top Go down
Kaguyalover
Mystic Moogle
Kaguyalover

Female

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 1:21 pm

xP okay, i'll just have to like...leave that spot kinda blank on my bio. lol. Razz dont work too hard now.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male
Number of posts : 3978
Rep! : 82

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 10:39 pm

I have a little issue with my character Lance, before the update he got a combo tech and now the combo techs were removed so I was wondering if he could have it removed from his bio and get the exp and what not from it, the only problem is, I'm not sure if it also cost TEXP along with the wc/exp..
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male
Number of posts : 2610
Rep! : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 5:16 am

I have a Custom "Boss Path" Request/Concept

Custom Job: Power Broker
A power broker is a spirit entity with the bestowed ability to extract powers from other beings and encase them in crystalline orbs. The powers are then traded between different power brokers or sold to private clients. When selling to a client, they must sacrifice a power of their own in order to obtain the power. A power broker will require additional compensation if the ability being sacrificed is of lesser value than the power. Power Brokers are a very selective group and keep tight regulation over who they allow to attain the ability to safely and professionally transfer powers. In all instances, a power must be sacrificed to obtain a new one. Power Brokers do not collect powers for personal strength and those who attempt to do so are hunted to the fullest extent. They run a very lucrative business and bad publicity lowers sales, so they make examples of power broker.
Cost (Scenario 1): $10,000 for Power Broker training to go thru the Rites and Extraction practice
Cost (Scenario 2): During first 2 weeks as Power Broker (Boss), you collect no pay as your Mentor is training you

Checkpoint 1: Get the Extract Power gift instead of minions and minor contacts.
Checkpoint 2: Access to Power Broker Bazaar for trading and 25 operatives
Checkpoint 3: Bazaar VIP with a full network of clients and traders, you can trade powers at a discount and sell at a premium.

Cost of powers could be simplified to where it's based on the rank of the ability (except Magix III). Checkpoint 3 would have a repeatable quest that lets you interact in the Bazaar and buy, sell, and trade powers to other brokers and clients. I'm exhausted or I'd finish thinking this out now b/c I haven't quite gathered how the bazaar would be regulated on a per transaction basis instead of a lump sum basis...kinda how job credits are handled... maybe set it up so that you can make over the normal boss rate when ur a VIP... lemme know what you think...

Last edited by Psi Prince on Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 7:19 am

Wouldn't this go on the site suggestion board?
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 3:55 pm

I wasn't sure b/c it started as a Custom Ability then turned into a customized version of the Boss Job for Organization Life Path. It's more a request for my specific character, but if Shin likes it and/or others wanna try then yeah I could fully flesh it out on Site Suggestions. It's an idea that I've been toying with for a while so I really started thinking about when Surreal and I were discussing Psyre's new direction.

@Shin: Currently, just requesting this for Psyre and if you notice, I limited the number of operatives for him and set numerous obstacles so you know I'm not after personal power hoarding... I can get anything I want as an Oni anyway Twisted Evil but I'm after how this will play with my storyline.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 12:41 pm

Shin, if I use the dragon transformation I gained in the quest, I can't actually do anything. It's worst than a watered down version of being a hitorinji because I cannot use spells in that form. What I would like approved is the use of flight while in the form. I figure dragons have wings, so it should not be too much of a stretch.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 4:31 pm

Umm... I'm pretty sure you're going to find an inopportune time to throw this back in my face, but... a Prince must think of the masses before self...

Shouldn't you have analyzed something like this before you took on the quest? It doesn't make much sense that you do a quest, get the ability, THEN analyze its usefulness to your character or storyline, and after realizing that it sounds real good, but doesn't grant you whatever you may have thought it does, that you would ask that an ability that only you have access to, to be altered to better suit your needs.

At least with my Life Path request, it's for me, but if Shin wanted, he could open it to anyone. Besides, normal humans shouldn't be flying... that's part of what makes them normal.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 4:42 pm

There's a special type of hate that I reserve just for you.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 4:26 am

An excerpt from my RP explaining the setup of Power Brokers wrote:
Native explains to me, "You see. We Power Brokers have the ability to collect powers and store them in these orbs. Since only Power Brokers understand how to do that, it keeps the product safe from theft. If someone was to rob our friend here and take all of his orbs because they are nice and shiny or because they know that they are power orbs, it would do them no good b/c the ability comes from within us and we are taught how to access it and shut it off. Power Brokering is a very serious business. Once the Broker has completed their training, their Mentor escorts them into the Bazaar where they acquire some lower tier powers to start their pupil off with. The new Broker now starts to buy, sell, and trade powers with other brokers like we're doing here or selling them to private clients, a non-Broker like yourself. You would look over the merchandise and select which powers benefits you the most for your price range. Once you've selected, the most crucial part would begin. You then select a power of yours that you are willing to sacrifice. You see the way this works is that in order to gain a power, you must give a power. This keeps the flow of powers ever moving. I have even seen someone sacrifice multiple powers because they wanted to gain a single power that would serve their purposes. They were a client of my Mentor's. It is clients like him that have allowed our business to grow. There are also those who collect from the dead. The VIPs of the Power Broker Syndicate, generally just referred to as The Syndicate, frown upon such activity and they have brought Brokers in before the Assembly to handle any situations would might damage the image and reputation of Power Brokers. The VIPs are a very exclusive group and they are what all power brokers strive to become b/c the abilities that they have access to are amazing and they are the ruling body you could say of the Syndicate. They are also able to recognize powers in orbs by a glance. For those not on that level, we have codes of labeling and when a Power Broker touches an orb, they can then decipher what the actual power is. So that is what we are doing here. We label them before we come to the table to expedite the process. Would you care to sit in and watch?" I nod to him and sit silently watching as they resume negotiations for this deal.

@Kyro: That's why I'm here, broham.
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 1:04 pm

Sorry to interject ladies, but I also have a question.

Flight hinderance while in anti - magic cuffs?

Here is my reasoning for arguing against this one.

Water is a medium, just like air. you can swim with cuffs on, can you not?
Spirits have different ways of moving through mediums. I dont see air as "air", I see it as another medium to move through. Whether its wings, or having a natural means to walk across air just like the ground, is that considered magic?

Secondly,
It isnt listed under the Spells section, and its racial. Would the ability to bite and transform a human be restricted from a vamp if they were in the cuffs? Or their flight?
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 2:32 pm

@kagu - it's up
@runey - ya that's fine. get 2k exp and 5texp back
@kaz - so you'd basically strip someone of like "water shot" and put it in a ball and sell it or somethin? dumb it down in ur explanation.
@kyro - nah
@sexy - at first i was like nah, but i think i'ma made flight in the same level as magic. it's basically b/c we got techs and items that negate mag but nothin for flight. i dun feel like having to make things to restrict flight (maybe next update). flyin would be too easy of a cop out for a lot of stuff. person throws down an animagic grenade > u fly up out of it and blast away ur opponents. get caught in that one spirit mag, attack that negates magic in its radius > u fly up and blast away ur opponents. get cuffed > fly away and find a saw. it shits on a lot of stuff that's supposed to be useful. xD good points tho, i agree w/em but we'll do things like this for now
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 6:31 pm

a chain to the floor restricts flight.
What about growing wings? is that considered magic?
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 9:44 pm

Pretty much, yes... we can set a limitation like each level lets the Power Broker extract a higher level of abilities... like this:

Novice: Tier E - 1 turn
Trained: Tier D - 2 Turns
Honed: Tier C - 3 Turns, Tier D - 1 Turn
Mastered: Tier B - 4 Turns, Tier C - 2 Turns
Perfected: Tier A - 5 Turns, Tier B - 3 Turns, Tier C - 1 Turn

Drain: High

Process: Removal
1) Subdue Target after seeing them cast Magnetism.
2) Begin the Process to extract Magnetism (provided the Power Broker (PB) is strong enough to extract that power).
3) After required # of turns, a "crystal orb" appears in PB's hand containing the Magnetism power.
- Since this is involuntarily extraction (stealing a power), the process ends here.
4) Walk away with hands in pocket and wind blowing thru silky smooth hair all killer like.
* Can only be done once per day/RP, whichever is longer... if you want to prevent hoarding.

Process: Exchange
1) Client browses merchandise until they find an ability that they want.
2) Client selects ability to acquire
3) Client selects ability to sacrifice (voluntarily)
4) Ritual begins... duration = level of abilities exchanged
- Sacrificed ability(ies) is removed first
- Acquired ability is then implanted
5) Any residual payment is exchanged and parties part ways

Process: Bazaar
1) Powers are assigned a price based on Tier and effect
- Simple... Tier D is $2000 ($1000 per level to buy powers) + Status Effect ($500) = $2500 to purchase that ability.
- Magixal III would have an Advanced "Tax" attached to it or something so that it's harder to acquire, but not unreasonable.
2) When PB goes to buy or sell, there can be a roll made to see if they pay/receive discount, exact, or premium for the power.
3) This can be used for exchanges as well... like premium would equal trading a Tier C power for a Tier B power.
- All of this can be tied to a simple roll to where 0 & 1 = discount, 9 & 10 = premium and everything is exact.

Notes
At Checkpoint 3, they always sell at a premium and buy at a discount... unless trading with another VIP of course...
If you wanna make the job completely "commission-based" so that you have to trade to make money, that is possible too.
The powers gained from solo rps can be randomized with Dice Rolls. If you want to go that route, I can figure out a system for that.

I think that sums everything up...
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male
Number of posts : 1215
Rep! : 21
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 9:50 pm

Yeah but Kaz, what the hell hapens to the person you extract from? Do they lose the spell/whatever it is you took from them? If so how long? Because permanent would be way too powerful.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 10:03 pm

Argh, alright, what about this then? *Crosses fingers*

Superhuman Capabilities (Passive)
Gives the Woylf increased Movement and Dexterity during a full moon.
Effect: Movement and Dexterity attributes are Ascended.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 2:01 pm

@ ash - nah, think that'd be more of a transformation thing
@ psi - i dunno.. i dun too much like that idea. like adrian says, what does it do to the person who had the tech?
@ run - the other 2 techs only boost 1 thing. think ya bein a lil greedy trying to get 2?
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 3:39 pm

m014 I can't believe you'd say something like that. So I could use both the custom techs and boost both stats then?
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 3:44 pm

i can see that but i dun really wanna get into stat boosting customs tho >.> b/c then everyone'd go boosting speed, etc
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 3:47 pm

Alright, time to think of something else! m005
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 3:57 pm

lol, ya sry bout that. thx for understandin bounce i'm sure ur next custom will be teh sex
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 3:59 pm

lol, no prob
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 12:50 am

Ok, so I don't see how this ability is worse than getting caught by Seal, 7 Nail Seal, Banish, or Mirror Door, or getting killed, but I decided to ask Kyro what he thought was off with the concept and here are my revisions...

1) Instead of Extraction, a Broker can replicate someone's ability into an orb. If possible, I'd like to set it where they can't use the ability for the remainder of the RP as a side effect of the process, but if that will cause too many complaints, it's fine without it.
2) Brokers cannot perform the Rituals for themselves... that way you have a guarantee that I won't be stealing people's powers for myself nor will any other brokers, should it get approved and opened to all, for that matter.
3) Powers still follow site rules in that Spirit Arts chars can't get Demon Arts, Light/Support powers limit your Offensive Magix to Fierce, and Possession can't get Mag 3.
4) It takes an extra turn to replicate someone's custom.

Note: If a character does an exchange, they will lose the sacrificed ability and have to relearn and retrain it, but they gain an ability.

I hope that is a fair compromise. Still, I'm open to suggestions if you feel that it is still too powerful.

Time to drop a post then study for my final tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male
Number of posts : 1215
Rep! : 21
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 6:57 pm

It's a good idea when it comes down the abilities that anyone can learn but still. Even a one use item that limits an ability to one RP is too powerful if you're taking a custom ability/spell away from someone. If someone takes the "Almighty Badass Spell of Ultimate Destiny" from the man that made it up, then it loses it's meaning to that person. It's unique, it gives that person an edge over others like all other customs. But if you are able to 'broker' these customs then they lose that edge.
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male
Number of posts : 884
Registration date : 2009-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 8:11 pm

They could always relearn it.
It'd suck to have copycats though. But this seems more like it could be a potential roundabout way of humans getting their hold on some Tier III magic. Thats awesome.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 4:27 am

@DKC: I already addressed the fact that the power no longer extracts the ability, but replicates (copies) so say you and I were battling and I saw you use your custom or any other ability and I figured that it has good trading and/or selling, then I would decide to replicate it... first things first tho... I have to hold the power for like 4-6 turns if it's your custom and also, you lose it for THAT RP and once it's finished... like magic, you are able to use that ability again.

Seal: Takes away all magic and possession for up to 10 days IRL
7 Nail Seal: completely removes a possession (meaning you lose ALL possession abilities) and have to become repossessed and relearn all of those abilities
Banish: Makes a character unusable for up to 10 posts/turns

So yeah... those are abilities that Shin made... the only way you LOSE an ability with this is by your own free will. If you don't want to lose an ability, don't offer it as a sacrifice.

In regards to a custom losing its value... if you've noticed, I only critique/comment on customs that make no sense or that I could abuse (I mean utilize) better than the creator most of the times. Also, out of the four customs I got approved, only one of them was truly "unique" in the sense that I wouldn't want others gaining that power and I never learned the ability myself b/c I wanted it to be a big moment in the storyline. Tele 2 and Healing Factor were basically supplements/boosters to existing powers, tho with the revision, Healing Factor became so much more "unique". Tele Pulse was to avoid OOC arguments if I fought and wanted to knock someone around with Telekinesis. Honestly, if someone else had a similar ability or learned my ability, it's not that big of a deal... especially since Shin has been using my old customs and requests and even some of Kyro's too for quite some time now. Apocalypse seems to make me so nostalgic...

Still, if you look at the revisions, I covered the main argument of someone losing their power forever... if someone doesn't want their power replicated or want to exchange, they don't have to exchange and if they don't use it where I can witness it then I can't replicate it. They are safe from Power Brokers (me) in that sense.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 9:03 am

@kaz - it's a good suggestion... but i'ma pass for right now
i'ma keep it
in mind for my next major upgrade b/c i'd have to make a whole system
for it and tweak out ur stuff and add mine, etc
that and the wind pckage... i need t'make a list of next time additions
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 12:05 pm

I will work on the wind package as well, since I love that kind of element more than any others. I think I only used that over on wotl and wotr.

Anyways.. for the tech stuff above..

you dont have to make a tech that is one big bad ass kill spell or anything. Just because its a custom, as Kaz said, doesnt mean its something that anyone else couldnt learn, its just something that isnt in the base level of common knowledge. My custom allows me to generate my own electricity to fire lightning bolts. What if a fire user wanted to eat fire? that doesnt damage anyone, but its still pretty cool. Its all about how you manifest your abilities to compliment your character
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 1:42 pm

Umm... that's just it... this wasn't a site-wide request/suggestion... from my original request, this was just a "customization" of my own life path b/c I didn't wanna have a buttload of operatives. The only reason it got expanded is b/c it seemed like I had to make a version that would be applicable for everyone, but just like Blacksmith, I believe the only person in that path is the one who suggested it, so I didn't want something like that.

If it stays at just MY path, I can simplify that so much easier to basically, power swap takes 3 turns each way. Every 15k words into the path, you can swap a higher rank, so when you complete the path, you end up at Supreme/Destructive. If power replication makes things too complicated, I'll scrap it. The pricing for the orbs can be truly simplified to:

Tier E - $500
Tier D - $1000
Tier C - $2000
Tier B - $4000
Tier A - $5000

+Status Effect = +$500
Mag 3 = +$1000
Racial = $1500
Customs = +$2000

All site rules/restrictions apply to abilities. A roll can be made to decide whether I sell at discount (below average), exact, or premium (above discount).
0, 1 = Discount
2-8 = Exact
9-10 = Premium

At Checkpoint 3, the roll determines the percentage of buying at a discount and selling at a premium that I would get and you can decide between 1-100% or 1-10%. Doesn't matter to me.

So if you look at it...
1) I have the ability to give someone an ability for exchange for one of theirs (+replicate an ability into an orb for later use - pending)
2) I can buy, sell, and trade said abilities in a secret marketplace that doesn't affect anyone else
3) All site limitations listed in my above posts like no mixing Spirit and Demon Arts applies still apply.

EDIT: well b/c Build an Org gives you Boss, thus the job aspect... but it also gives you a small building and operatives, so I swapped those for the technique to do your job b/c operatives are the "asset" that lets/helps you do the Boss job...

There's more benefit than loss to people. So yeah... I'm not asking this for the whole site or for you to have to make a whole new system for the site, just for approval of a customization of my personal Life Path for Psyre... Primarily it's b/c this storyline has more fun potential and it limits the number of operatives/minions/troops Psyre commands. If you still don't like it that's fine, but I at least want it rejected knowing that it was only intended to be used for my Life Path just like I told Kyro when he asked. Sorry this was long...
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 3:07 pm

somethin about a sale at TJ maxx... um... like i said, i'll look into it. i still don't get it 100% so you'd prob have to call me.
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 5:10 pm

I was wondering..

Fyre Eater (passive)
When under attack by fire, Shou can draw and devour the attacking flames to replenish his health rather than harm it, or redirect the attack back out to his opponent in a blast of fire. The level of healing and attack is based off the strength of the opponent's attack.
Effect: +HP or Attack Strength = 10% of Opponent's Fire Attack Strength. +10% with each level of control (50% at perfected).
Back to top Go down
Datorru
Veteran
Datorru

Male
Number of posts : 679
Rep! : 3
Registration date : 2009-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 12:51 am

Ok so when I made my Char Nagi I kinda didnt know what I was doing. And so for his affinity i just selected Physical....that was it. I know dumb me. But now im actually paying attention to the packages and such. And Ive found I actually want the Magixal :: Lyt'ning affinity. I have not learned any physical techs.

So just wondering if it would be ok to switch.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 3:19 am

@Shin: That's fine. We'll try to call you during any down time tomorrow but I'll be flying up north for the company X-Mas party.
@Themeless: Normally, I would let this go but I feel I should help you out... do the math on the HP gain...
FE @ Perfected = 50%
Destructive attack (5) vs. Average defense (2) = 3 = 75%
If you claim 50% as HP... guess what happens to the other 50%... you take it as damage, so you gain nothing... it's a cool way to basically shrug a fire ability, but you kinda get screwed until you reach Perfected.

On the Attack Strength side, people are going to argue that it's too strong. You take a Fierce attack and it deals 50% dmg to you, but your Attack Strength just increased by 25%. Also there should be a limitation put in place so that you can't have friends with fire, but no healing ability to use fire attacks to heal you. On the +25% Attack Boost... you should just give your fire powers a boost or something when you absorb fire attacks. Basically like you take it in and 1/2 the dmg is channeled back at +1 level since Shin has already approved Destructive + rating... Just a thought, but I can see people being confused when you have to take a percentage of a percentage to find out what boost you're getting.
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 3:24 am

You misunderstand. Its not a boost, the rating of the blast back attack is HALF of the attack that comes in.
And "When under attack by fire, Shou can draw and devour the attacking flames to replenish his health rather than harm it"
So no, I won't be taking any damage here. >>
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 5:16 am

So it's two abilities in one? Both the fire backlash + HP absorb? Also, it allows you to completely negate a Fierce or Destructive level fire power? So make that 3 abilities in one? What's the drawback?

@Shin: Requesting Checkpoint 1 for Psyre for Org 2
Boss: "Veilos Tyrn"
+12 operatives
Ming'yon 1: Gnashing / Clawing, Latching hold down (binding), Poison spit
Ming'yon 2: Elemental burst, Poison spit, Gnashing / Clawing
Ming'yon 3: Gnashing / Clawing, Projectile (tooth/nail), Latching hold down (binding)

Br'serker 1: Human appearance, Unique weaponry, Grappling
Br'serker 2: Human appearance, Swordsmanship, Unique Weaponry
Br'serker 3: Grappling, Brawling, Unique Weaponry

Oni Agent 1:
Oni Agent 2:
Oni Agent 3:
* Umm... is there an Oni version that has like Dark or Spirit Burst or something demonic? Also, is it possible for them to use Onishoppe weapons if they are onikonjou?
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 10:30 am

Its a choice of the two abilities. The drawback, I thought, would be that its an extremely conditional technique. How many people do we have using fyre? Aside from myself?

Also, its presumed that once a person sees him eat fire once, they won't be sending any more of those kinds of spells his way. We have idiots, but I'm sure no one's that stupid. This technique's REAL purpose is to just make my guy master of fire, and unrivaled at it. Its unlikely to even think someone's gonna throw a destructive my way knowing this is in my bio.

And regarding the potential fire from a friend deal, sure. The descrip says "Opponent's Fire Attack" after all, as opposed to an Ally's.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 4:58 pm

@ theme - oh yah, what happened to the custom you asked for a while ago? this one look a lil diff? but have it do 1 thing, either eat or redirect
@ dat - sure go ahead
@ psi - path is approved. we have what's offered. it dun matter what weapons they get overall. i guess ur payin for them? they just can't have status affecting stuff, etc.

let's start back usin discussion threads for stuff that i'm not respondin to
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 5:40 pm

shin edit

Custom Life Path: Power Broker
A power broker is an entity given the bestowed ability to extract powers from other beings and encase them in crystalline orbs. The powers can then be traded between different power brokers or sold to private clients. Power Brokers are a very selective group and keep tight regulation over who they allow to attain the ability to safely and professionally transfer powers. Power Brokers do not collect powers for personal strength and those who attempt to do lose the ability to extract powers. They run a very lucrative business and bad publicity lowers sales, so they make examples of power broker. The broker must sacrifice a power of their own in order to obtain a power from a target. It costs $10,000 for Power Broker training and to go thru the Rites and Extraction practice.
Checkpoint 1: During this time you train under an NPC PB and learn the process of extracting powers.
Checkpoint 2: By this time, you have learned the gift to Extract Power and have access to the Power Broker Bazaar for trading purposes.
Checkpoint 3: You are on your way to becoming a Bazaar VIP with a full network of clients and traders, you can trade powers at a discount and sell at a premium.

Extract Power Gift
The ability to extract powers from a target to be used with the Power Broker life path. This is done by subduing the target after seeing their power, completing the process to extracting said power over the required # of turns. A "crystal orb" will appear in PB's hand containing the power. The amount of turns it takes to extract a power is based on the level of this technique.
Effect: At novice level, you can extract Weak powers in 1 turn. At Trained, you can extract average powers in 2 Turns. At Honed, you can extract strong in 3 Turns, average in 1 Turn. At Mastered you can extract fierce in 4 Turns, strong in 2 Turns, average in one. At perfected you can extract Desctructive in 5 Turns, fierce in 3 Turns, and strong and below in 1 Turn.
Drain: High

Process: Bazaar
1) Powers are assigned a price based on Tier and effect:
Tier E - $500
Tier D - $1000
Tier C - $2000
Tier B - $4000
Tier A - $5000

+Status Effect = +$500
Mag 3 = +$1000
Racial = $1500
Customs = +$2000

2) When PB goes to buy or sell, there can be a roll made to see if they pay/receive discount, exact, or premium for the power.
0, 1 = Discount
2-8 = Exact
9-10 = Premium

*Powers still follow site rules in that Spirit Arts chars can't get Demon Arts, Light/Support powers limit your Offensive Magix to Fierce, and Possession can't get Mag 3.
If a character does an exchange, they will lose the sacrificed ability and have to relearn and retrain it, but they gain an ability.

-

so ya... if i condense all the shit that's needed to explain this process it does NOT flow with anything we currently have on the site. it'd basically need its own page which is why i said it'd need t'have it's own system b/c it dun follow the system of the job quests. it also aint no where near a custom and follows any job template to be requested as a custom job. none of the paths have you take stuff from members, so you can really just simply this to be for NPCs only and do devil may cry where you collect power orbs when you beat someone in your rps and trade in those orbs for cash. you can make it so that the stronger the attributes of the thing you gotta get the power from, the more its worth, or something like that. that way we knock out the need for explaining the tech, the bazaar process and separate paragraphs for rolls. if you can break this down to be in the same format as an existing path, then i'll give it a bit more serious thought. i aint actually read any of it til now.
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 8:15 pm

Lol, its the same. I'll take the good eats though.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 12:59 am

It was broken down to mirror the Building an Organization path... the serious fact of the matter is that I can do FAR more damage with 50 operatives. This gives me the opportunity to help OTHERS. I put in as many stipulations that would make this of no benefit to me except that I could steal powers from people and sell or trade them. This would not need it's own page as this thread could be used as a reference if a question ever came up.

Organization gives me...
C1) Job that pays $5000 + 12 Operatives (NPC minions that I can control and have attack/defend enemies to distract them from me to give myself an attack of opportunity)
C2) 13 more operatives + Small Building
C3) 25 more operatives...

Broker gives me...
C1) Ability to replicate powers or transfer powers between two entities
C2) Use of Bazaar to actively buy, sell, and trade the acquired powers + 25 Operatives
C3) VIP Status... bonus to Power Transactions

Perhaps, I'm missing it but if people are worried about me being dangerous with Broker, keep in mind that I've completed Org once already so I already have 50 operatives... so when I finish the path again since it's the only applicable path for me while in Onitoshi, I'm going to have 50 more troops for a total of 100 troops.

Me with:
100 Operatives vs. Extract Power

I even told you exactly what I would be able to do with the ability when you asked. A lot of the longer parts of your post regarded the breakdowns which I added so that people wouldn't complain that I was able to extract abilities too early or too easily. You wanna dumb it down... 2 turns for any ability... You wanna simplify the VIP bonus... a flat 10% premium or discount to transactions. The only calculation needed would be the price of the orb and that was simplified as far as I could make it.

Hit me up if you have questions, b/c I feel a lot of this could be negated if you asked me your questions or concerns. Like I said, I can do far more damage with 100 operatives, but the Power Broker story would be far more interesting storyline wise.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 10:26 am

No, he's talking about the formatting, genius. Everything needed for the path doesn't fit on the page well. If you look at his version, you'll see his subtle changes already made.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board   Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Shin's Admin Review/Permission's Board
Page 2 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next