Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]

Go down 
+10
KyroShiori
seVen
Surreal SaDiablo
LittleMariko
яuиє
Kaguyalover
aѕceпxion
Antifreke
Psi Prince
ShinTre_Admin
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male
Number of posts : 3438
Rep! : 29
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] Empty
PostSubject: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 12:14 pm

Site Event - Manifest Destiny
(somewhere near the edge of the forest several miles outside the city to the north)
Time: Late night / Early Morning

Post 1:
The lights from the city can be seen from the forest line. The cityscape is dark like a dimly lit silhouette against the dark skies. The deep gray skies are filled with clouds and moderate rain that falls down over the city. At the city everything is relatively quiet with the muting sound of the rain fall and soft rolling thunder. Most of the city is sleep, office lights are off in the large skyscrapers that litter the metro, and night lights set dots in the burbs. Water drips from awnings. Hobos take refuge in alleys beneath covered shanty houses and the drug dealers decide not to sell drugs, canceled due to weather.

This night, two demons float in an alternate realm with a portal of the city in the background. One that looks like a little girl pets a small black cat that rests in her lap. She sits casually Indian style in the air. She looks at a stone alter in the center of the two. The demon, a pale skinny male with purple tribal markings and white and mixed hair, rests his elbows on the stone alter with a smile. A screaming body is strapped to the stone alter. It writhes in pain. Bandage tape with rune markings and small odd symbols covers its head, face, upper torso and right arm. Only its mouth and lower face can be seen. It screams but no voice comes out. The male demon, Imorte, speaks.

"All done. Now let's go send it to play."

Krys looks up and smiles.

Moments later a walking corpse walks into City Metro. It doesn't register on the barrier until it's right in front of the Division 12 HQ. Alarms go off and soon the body is surrounded by roughly 12 agents and a van pulling up. The man's body and face is covered in bandages. It looks around and yells randomness.

"The end is near!... They're coming for it all!... don't allow them to awaken the six pillars! Hell manifests on earth."

He continues to rant. The yelling isn't exactly understandable. The only thing understandable is something about a Forrest. He is answered with normal very understandable cop talk:

"Sir! Lie on the ground with your hands behind your head, or we will take you out!"

There is no prior warning. The time is up, the bandages activate and the male explodes. The explosion is very large and takes out the squad surrounding him. The street, parking lot, and Division 12 HQ is damaged and the City Metro barrier system goes off line.

Action: It's raining, it's pouring, an old man is snoring and there was an explosion somewhere in the city.
Rules come as I need them o.o
Back to top Go down
https://wotr.rpg-board.net
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male
Number of posts : 2610
Rep! : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 6:14 pm

Current Location: Arden, Onitoshi

Asleep in my chambers at the compound, I awaken to mass clamor of demons and dark kami outside and I telekinetically open my door. One of the dark kami looks at me and I inquire as to why they are making so much noise. He tells me that Onitoshi is buzzing about another explosion in the city. I ask how long ago it happened and he tells me that the independent intelligence network that surveys the city just reported it. Wow, I guess big news travels fast. I ask him why everyone is so excited about an explosion and he tells me that the attack was launched against the anti-demon force. I appear in front of him and ask him who is responsible thinking that the attack has been launched against Psi Voli SOC security forces. He tells me that no one is sure, but they say that it was a suicide bombing. I look at him confused and ask which force was attacked. He tells me that the city task force HQ was bombed. "You all know about them?" He looks at me and nods, "You pay attention to the ones that can kill you, Prince." I nod with a half grin as that was understandable. The female demon in my bed stirs in her sleep and I tell the dark kami that I must return to the earth realm. He looks at her and tells me that he'll send someone for her. I nod to him and tell him that I need help getting back to the earth realm as well. "You had better ask your uncle first. The Warlord would not be pleased if you were harmed."

I nod to the Dark Kami and a robe floats over to me and covers my nearly nude form before I dive over the rail of the walkway and fly down to my spirit uncle's private study. It would seem that fate and destiny are often the mask of calculated decisions. Walking into the room in robes, he looks up and tells me that he already knows why I am here. "Yisima, Saicity is my home as much as this compound and Arden is. Something is amiss. Your forces would not be buzzing if it were just an explosion. At the very least allow me to go and inspect what has transpired. I will return soon after it is all over and I have concluded my business. I will be careful." Yisima looks at me and nods. "It is better to know that you are going than to be surprised when you do it. Let me know what you find." I nod to him, "If demons are planning to flood the city again tho, I would not send your forces as your adversaries would obviously be weakening their forces to your benefit. Also, I don't want to risk killing any of them if this explosion is anything like the last one." Yisima nods to me and I leave to get dressed. I would be heading for the portal soon enough.

541 words
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female
Number of posts : 2378
Rep! : 18
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 9:20 pm

The door to my bedroom slammed open, and Lauren and her mother both came running in. Her father had been in the metro for a political hearing, and something was amiss. I was brought from my deep slumber and wonderful dreams and into their panic. Slowly, I arose from the warm, satin sheets to face them. It had to be something important for them to come to me at these hours. “Sanzon!!” Lauren cried out. “Father is in the metro and there was an explosion!”
I instantly looked to her mother, who confirmed it with her gaze. If there was something going on down there, and he was at their penthouse, then he had to get out of their quick. I was unsure of his status or location as of right now, but he was probably there.
“Sanzon, I wouldn’t ask this of you if I could avoid it.. but could you please go to him? I’m worried about this.”
I nodded my head in respect to her mothers’ request. She was correct, and I was already aware of the severity of her question. If something was going on, I had to get her father out of there. The only thing that concerned me was the barrier that was around the metro. I had no way of getting in, but then again, I hadn’t really tested it out since I gained my strength back. Maybe I could figure something out to assist me in this venture.

Wearily, I climbed to my feet in front of them, wearing nothing but a pair of Lauren’s athletic shorts. They were a bit too short, and kind of didn’t stretch very much, but they covered the important stuff. I stretched lightly, yawning and shaking my body out. “No problem, I’ll leave immediately. Keep the news on, and hopefully it won’t take me long to get there.”

Her mother gave me a rather warm smile, the first one I had received in a very long time. I could sense her sincerity and gratitude in this action. Without waiting, I pulled my normal clothes on, and finished doing a light stretch. I finished gathering what I would need, which wasn’t really that much. I turned to depart the room when her mother stepped in front of me.
“please.. take his bike. The keys are on the counter.”
“As you wish. I will hurry.”
As she requested, I shot out of the room at full speed, rounded the corner and leapt off of the balcony over the main hallway. My body landed softly on the ground, allowing me to immediately sprint forward down the hall towards the kitchen. I swung open the door, and looked across the counter, where there was a basket of keys. It took me a moment to dig through it before I found the ones I was looking for. With a smile on my face, I headed to the garage to find the beautifully restored bike. I had never rode one, so this should be interesting.

Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 10:57 pm

Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] Jyn_ba12

. Manifest Destiny .

:: Though the dreary weather was crappy and rain descended upon the city, wetting all unsheltered crevices, this did not omit the duty of the men and women of division 12’s night’s patrol from doing their job. The member of my former team had been promoted into higher ranks becoming team leaders themselves. As such, I find myself in my capacity of supervising a squadron during a night run. This process involved the breaking in a team of newbies consisting of fresh recruits with the notable addition of Ingel, whom I had recruited myself. My job in this patrol supervision wasn’t close to hard, as it was to make sure the new guys didn’t get in over their heads against a low level threat. At the moment, they were out chasing down a lobster spirit, or something to that nature, with the order to take it out. Because it was raining outside, I would within the confines of a parked black sedan parallel to a sideway near the corner of two streets in the lower commons, casually sipping from my coffee, listening to their communication via the com signal while watching the rain drops streak down my driver side window. I knew that the spirit they were chasing down didn’t seem too powerful, so I doubted that I would have to intervene, whereas if I did have to, an intervention would probably be the equivalent of running the thing over if it came out into the streets.

As I recline, listening to the others, I receive a message to my cell. The soft vibration at my waist triggers me to reach for it with my free hand, the left one not holding the coffee, before rising it up and flipping the phone open to notice a mass communication that suggested that there had been a breach of the barrier in metro and for all available officers to check it out. I knew a few squadrons a lot closer than myself, so I would allow them to handle it; but still, the fact that the barrier was breeched was enough to leave a lump in my stomach since a demon would have to be sufficiently strong in order to do so. Lowering the phone, I look out of my front window in the direction of the distance metro noting myself at least twenty miles away from it.

Moments later, my cell buzzes a second time as I receive another message. My hand lifts my phone once more as I read the message which causes my eyes to widen at the news. Reaching for the communicator, I give the order for Ingel and the squadron of fresh meat to pack up and return to the vans. It was time to check out home base. ::

- 462 -
Back to top Go down
Kaguyalover
Mystic Moogle
Kaguyalover

Female
Number of posts : 2348
Rep! : 20
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 2:31 am

Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] Izu
-Manifest Destiny-
Position: Asei Jyn's Personal Assistant

This was one of the few times that Izumi was actually working in the office at HQ. It had been quite sometime since she had actually worked at the office instead of Jyn's apartment. She was sitting behind the desk, tis the life of a secretary, merely typing away at a visual monitor imputing information about recent spirit tracking reports that Jyn seemingly forgot and left in his office. Honestly she wondered how this man was capable of doing any paper work done on time. His office is must worse then his home, I can't believe theres a stack of paper left here. No wonder he likes to work out from his apartment, he gets bombarded with too much over here. She merely sighed and outstretched her hands above her head for a moment and gazed at the visual monitor before her. She herself was doing her own little side projects, keeping it hush hush from the rest of division 12, she wanted to find out more information about spirit-human relations and exactly find out whats the current standing along with what happened in the past if any that shows what occured between the spirits and humans for things to be like this.

By this time that demon had crepped up in front of HQ and finally the alarm went off, in which it spooked Izumi. Her eyes shot open and she stopped what she was doing and looked towards the door. Luckily she did bring her personal weapon with her, which was resting against the wall behind her in it's bag and she kept it unzipped if anything. How exactly did Izumi come to division 12, especially around this time. Well by bus, she didn't feel the need to bring her car out over here, so she left that at home. No matter now, Izumi would look out the window that she could see from where she was and saw the other people within the office stopping what there doing and looking around slightly surprised. There was quick movements within the office as members began to mobilize and make thier way out to handle what came into Metro city.

It just donned on Izumi, since she was so into her work, the alarm was ment for demon's. Did one get past the barrier? The explosion rang and Izumi was even more startled, her eyes widened as she heard the noise and even felt the vibration's. That sound and vibration felt far to close for it to be far away. this definetly caused the other members in the building to stop what there doing. What in the world should she do, soon someone bursted into Jyn's office, it was Cathy. "Cathy? What happened?" Cathy looked rather freaked to Izumi. "Just letting you know to be on guard there's been an attack on HQ." Izumi would blink as she stood up and placed her hands upon the table. "Are you serious?" Cathy nodded her head. "Yeah, i'm rather sure, boss man is freaking out about this and yelling people out his office to get them to handle the situation." soon the sounds of more shuffling people caused Cathy to enter more into the office. More of the offensive unity of division 12 were sent out to handle whatever was going on. Izumi would grab her phone from her inner jacket and quickly she wrote a text in which she sent it out to Asei Jyn. The text said "This is bad, HQ under attack. Be very careful." Izumi had to find Jyn. Putting her phone away she looked at Cathy. "Well what do we do?" Cathy would rub her head and merely sigh as she shrugged. "For now we're to stand by, if it show's that it's a problem I'm sure that we'll have to either join in the fight or evacuate."

-Word count: 641
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male
Number of posts : 3438
Rep! : 29
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 8:33 am

(( ooc: i'll give the other's time to post/enter the saga. members will be able to repost after every other post to push things along. the ppl who posted yesterday'll get some type of bonus. ))
Back to top Go down
https://wotr.rpg-board.net
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male
Number of posts : 3978
Rep! : 82

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 3:16 pm

Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] Ingel_13

Manifest Destiny

I cant say that I was enjoying what I was doing, it was alright, a lot better then hunting down criminals that plagued the streets, no, now I was hunting down demonic spirits that plagued the city, but tonight just didn't seem like the night to doing such a thing, not with the rain and the crappy weather, but you cant pick a time and place to go out and protect the city, with this type of job, you are always on call. The creature we were sent after was something of an oddity, then again, I guess all demonic creatures look strange. We had cornered the spirit in an ally and two of the men I was teamed with were moving into kill it when the call came in from Jyn, an order for the squad to head back to the van. When gunfire rings out from the area were we had the spirit cornered comes out, I look over at it as I respond with an 'Alright'. With the creature taken care of I turn and lead the team back to the vans. As we come upon the vehicles I make my way over to the vehicle that Jyn was in, coming to the passenger side door I reach out and take a hold of the handle and open the door before slipping into the passenger seat and look over at Jyn, " Everything's been taken care of. "

Post WC: 241
Total WC: 241

Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] Ingel_14
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female
Number of posts : 2042
Rep! : 61
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 4:09 pm

OOC: New b0x in construction. For now, f34r mai plaintext >3

"Eh? Well, this weather sucks..." A drug dealing spirit decided, looking from her perch on someone's fire escape out at the weather. "It's all wet and muggy. Nobody wants out during this kind of weather. Bah!" Frowning up at the skies above, she shifted back down to her smaller vulpine form, deciding a long nap might be in order.
That is, until a distant boom sounded in her ears. "Mother... who's the... making up all that... mmm?"
It seemed something had changed... really it was more along the lines of a hunch or a feminine instinct... or the fact that when there were explosions of that kind it always meant something changed. Last time some disaster happened she was supposed to get some weed, pizza, and male strippers. Maybe the same entity was there and she could make him pay up on his promise.
With such thoughts as these in mind, the little fox hopped off the fire escape onto a roof, sprouting wings like a corvid's and fluttering up, barely grabbing onto the roof before scrambling up and making her way to the next set of sagging shingles, on and on towards the center of the city.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 4:15 pm

Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] Wolf_l10

Manifest Destiny

I had been enjoying a night of rest, since I didn't have a mission like the others, when my phone sprang to life and filled my room with its lullaby. The first few rings did little to rouse me from my slumber but as it persisted I began to wake up until I was fully awake. With an unenthused and annoyed groan I roll onto my side and reach out, grabbing my phone, though I wanted to throw it against the wall I pick it up and bring it closer as I check the message I was sent. After reading the message that told me to go to Metro to check something out, I set my phone back down and got up before I began to get ready.

Once I was ready, I set out, making my way out of the Den and onto the streets where I was picked up to be escorted to Metro. Once I was in the car I rested my head against the window and watched the world outside the car as it spread down the street on its way to Metro City.

It wasn't long before the car was coming to a stop and the driver glanced up at me in the rear, " We are here. ". When I heard the driver speak, I shifted my attention in his direction and gave a faint nod. Since the driver was no longer able to to take me any further, it was up to me to go the rest of the way to where I was suppose to go.. I grabbed the door handle and gave it a pull before pushing the door open and stepping out of the car, stepping back into the rain.

Once I moved away from the car and shut the door, I pitched my head up, turning my face to the dark sky as I closed my eyes and allowed the rain to sprinkle upon my face for a moment as the car began to drive off. After a moment longer I opened my eyes as I lowered my head and began to move down the side walk heading for the Division 12 building where the explosion had taken place.

Post WC: 367
Total WC: 367

Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] Wolf_l11
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 4:54 pm

Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] Lexipost
The new apartment was better than I had ever imagined. I was settling in quite nicely, even if there were still a few boxes left to be unpacked. Work had been the top priority as of late, what with the major task of making sure everything is in order for Psyre's much anticipated return. What little free time I had managed to scrape together had been spent in the company of my only two remaining friends... well one demon living in the body of a cat friend and one incredible man who had become so much more in the past weeks. Tonight was one of the few that had not been spent with the pair of them. Work had taken longer than expected and the lack of sleep due to other nighttime activities had finally caught up to me and sent me scrambling for my covers well before midnight.

Sleep came easily, or should I say that sleep ambushed me and dragged me under before I could stage any form of protest, and would have lasted well into the morning had there not been a rude interruption in the form of some disturbance. Immediately upon waking I had no idea what had been the culprit. All I knew was that I was awake and not happy about it. Since there was little chance of falling back asleep, I threw back the covers with a growl and reached for the remote. Turning on the all night news I waited to hear if anything was going on elsewhere in the city as I fingered the buttons on my phone. Saito didn't sleep when I wasn't spending the night so I could probably call him and find him out fighting demons or at least training in some capacity.

Before breaking down and securing my place in the 'needy girlfriend' annuls of history, I walk to the window and cast my gaze out over the city. It looked like there was a plume of smoke from the city metro but I couldn't be sure with the darkness and obstructions in my way. I hoped there wasn't any trouble out there.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 5:36 pm

Jasper

Dreams of Lexi plagued my sleep, just as they had since giving the young man the mission of finding out her current whereabouts. I hadn't mentioned it to Trinity yet, I felt the need to wait until I had something to actually tell her should she seem interested in finding our younger sister. In the dreams my mind played out all possibilities of how Alexis's life could have turned out. Her living on the streets, addicted to any number of the various drugs out there; her working as a dancer to scrape by; selling herself for rent and food money; the list went on. All horrific images of what a life of abandonment could have done to what used to be such a charming little girl. There was also the possibility that the demon had finally gotten the better of her too, if that were the case then I had already decided not to mention anything to Trinity. If the young man brought back information of my sister's death, I would have to find some other way to right the wrongs that had been done to her.

Since the dreams wouldn't allow for peaceful sleep, I found myself sitting at the kitchen table drinking a cup of coffee waiting for Trin to get home from work when I felt the floor beneath me rumble. I thought there had been an earthquake at first, but when it was only that one small rattle my mind began to switch over to something a bit more contained than an act of nature. Rising from my seat, I cross to the window and try to make out the epicenter of the blast or whatever had caused the disturbance. As I was scanning the subpar view from the apartment window I heard my phone begin to beep from the bedroom. By the time I made it down the hall to my room and pulled the phone from the charger there were seven messages waiting for me. All but one were from the security team on duty tonight at the Information Center. The first ones saying they had felt the same tremor that I had then those messages gave way to others about a possible explosion in City Metro. The last had come from Trin, asking if I was awake and if I had noticed the mini quake. If there had been an explosion they never would have heard it over the music of the bar unless it was right next door. They could however notice bottles shaking and clanking together and easily believe there was an earthquake.

Tossing the phone to the bed, I pull on some clothes and get ready to head out. I would see if the guys wanted me to come in for a while and if they had everything under control for the time being, I would drop by and see my sister at work.
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 6:21 pm

I pulled out of the garage with the utmost urgency. The iron gate swept open in the rain, while water struck my body. My white body was covered with a white suit, black dress shirt from the night before, and finished off with a long black overcoat that Lauren’s father had given me. The water was warm against my cold skin, and a light blue tint glowed across my skin. I had awakened a part of me in this urgency, There was a feeling of importance in my stomach that was pushing me forward as I drove through those gates, and left their property. Her father had become important to me, like he was my actual family. I was angry at the thought that something might happen to him. If there was really something going on, some terrorist attack, or some form of assault, I would make sure that he was safe and far away from there. My body shifted weight, leaning into the first turn before heading down towards the city. I could see the metro lights, albeit pale, through the near downpour. My hair was soaked at the tips below the helmet. I would have preferred to not even wear one, but Lauren had told me to always do it. I didn’t really understand the point, but I did it to appease her.
The ground moved underneath the bike, shifting its passage downhill, and away from the Cliffside. Soon, I was speeding through the red lights, ignoring traffic patterns, and moving straight towards downtown. If I had anything, time was not one of them. [266/791]

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 6:25 pm

Trinity

The bar was filled to the beams. Men and women were squeezed into every inch of available floor space in the joint. The live band on stage was local but had a loyal following and a sound that appealed to the masses. Tips jars had already overflowed a few times and were once again being emptied into the spare drawer under the register to be sorted and counted after closing time. Ric was still behind the bar backing me up since the crowd hadn't thinned out yet like they normally would have. If it was an ordinary night I would be well into my cleaning and counting duties by now, but when then music is pumpin, the liquor is flowing, and the money is rolling like this; you just can't shut it down without cause.

When the bottles behind the bar started rattling I thought the band was hitting more bass than before. That wasn't the case because the band was playing a song with almost no bass whatsoever. The rattling only lasted a few seconds and then was done. Most of the customers hadn't noticed but Ric and I exchanged puzzled glances while I pulled out my phone and started to click out a text to Jazz. I knew he hadn't been sleeping well lately so there was a good chance he would be awake and waiting on me to come home. Maybe he felt the rattle too, if so then Ric and I weren't going crazy. Once the text was sent I toyed with the idea of sending a similar one to Ingel but thought better of it. Last time something had gone down in the middle of the night like this, he tried to come find me to check and see that I was alright and ended up getting caught in the middle of the action. I would wait until I knew more before bothering him this late. Slipping into the kitchen on one of the short lulls in business, I make sure the kitchen staff have the news on to find out what caused the rattle. While I fully expected another claim of a gas explosion or something similar, I was still curious about the location, at least the affected area wasn't covered up by the media even if the true cause might be.
Back to top Go down
Kaguyalover
Mystic Moogle
Kaguyalover

Female

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 10:28 pm

-Manifest Destiny-

Izumi would take the moment and sit against the desk that she was just working at. It was quite the pain, since the explosion had occured right outside, it rattled the building inside and knocked over the stack of papers she had and made things a little messy in this office. She pulled out her phone to look at it and still she didn't get any sort of response. She was getting just a bit worried, but she had to have faith that Jyn wasn't in any trouble. He was quite the capable human being, well for a normal one that is. Izumi would just put her phone back into her inne jacket pocker and merely looked towards Cathy who was leaning against the door and just staring outwards. Since this had started, getting back to work would be extremely difficult since the current situation isn't exactly known if it is under control, or if the exployees would have to escape soon. Izumi woul gaze over towards her monk's spade that was still in it's bag. At least she brought her weapon, so she should be fine in case she should get attacked. She had a new assortment of skills that she could also use in desperation, would be difficult since the new skills are rather powerful, and she jsut learned them, they weren't mastered yet so the chance of failure was still grand there.

Izumi would get off the desk and began to pick up things in order to straighten things out. Cathy would look to her and tilt her head. "What are you doing? You dont have to fix any of this up." Izumi would smile and nod her head as she was picking up the papers that was scattered along the ground. "I understand that, but a messy office isn't good to have, and it's my job to keep his things neat and tracked. While there is a situation outside, we inside can't do anything as of yet. No one's told up to evacuate just yet." Cathy would just sigh as she shook her head. "You know you're one wierd woman." Izumi would smile rather happily at that comment. "I know."

-Word count: 365[1006]
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 2:07 am

Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] Jyn_ba12

. Manifest Destiny .

:: The affirmation comes that they were finishing up and because they are close, I wait for them to return from the clean up. During this time, the phone buzzes and I reach for it looking down to see the text from Izumi confirming what was earlier said. I look up to notice Ingel and the others arriving back just in time. The other’s get into the van to follow and my gaze shifts to Ingel as he gets into my car… without clapping off his boots. I mean… it was raining and he was running through alleyways… Hobo’s poop in alleyways. There was a slight chance that I now had partial moist Hobo poop on my floor mat. Of course, the first inclination I have is to go to the car wash and utilize their vacuum as well as the cleaning products in the back of my trunk, but before that, duty calls. Pushing aside my OCD for that moment, there is only a minor glance reference to his feet while he says the word “everything’s” and my gaze shifts back up to him as he continues. “Good,” I respond, “there was an explosion at HQ.” With that, the car is started and the coffee is put into a cup holder. The ca is put in gear and I pull off from the curb, into the streets, heading towards the metro with the Division 12 van in tow behind. I speak informing, “something powerful must have been or be there in order to bypass the barrier.” ::

- 718 -
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 2:55 am

Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] Ingel_13

.:: Manifest Destiny ::.

After speaking to Jyn, telling him everything was finished, I turn my head to the side and glance back to the vans the rest of my squad had gotten into as Jyn begins speaking to me. At first I thought he was kidding, an explosion at HQ? come on, that can't be true.. but, then again, I don't think Jyn would joke about something like that.. No, he would never joke about something like that, or at least I don't think he would.. As the car begins moving, I finally turn my head, shifting my attention to Jyn as I think over what he had just told me, was it a normal explosion? maybe some group wanting to start something with Division 12.. or was it an explosion caused by something else.. When he speaks again, adding some details to what he had told me I give a faint nod as I shift my attention to the road, " Did they say what might have made the explosion. Are we under attack again from the same creatures that attacked East City? " At the mention of East City, I couldn't help but think back to it for a moment and how I ended up in East City during the attack, " Do we know if there was more then a single explosion? " by now I had quite a few questions and wasn't sure if Jyn could answer them all for me..

Post WC: 242
Total WC: 483

Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] Ingel_14
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 9:01 am

I tightened my grip on the handlebars, slowly increasing the speed of the motorcycle. It felt like the closer I got to the city, the harder it rained. I pulled through the academic district, taking note of a place I had been before: Lauren’s school. The penthouse was right on the border of the Metro, and was finally in view. I had no idea if her father was at home, but I had a light hope that lady luck would be on my side tonight. I didn’t have much to worry about, and I saw sirens every other turn or so. Something had happened, and it bothered me that I had no idea what. Wondering about the flickering of lights from the building, I could see a plume of smoke above the buildings.
“Metro barrier, here we go..” I whispered to myself. I was having trouble with my vision through the helmet, so I slowed down enough to take it off with one hand, and slide to a stop next to the tower. Before I could make it inside, however, my curiosity took over. As I looked at the plume of smoke, I got a weird feeling in my stomach. If I t was something from the other world, would the humans be able to take care of it? The last thing I wanted was to deal with seeing another one of my spirits being captured or destroyed due to their recklessness. Then again, if they were attacking the humans, I had to stop that as well. It was my duty as a guardian, regardless of whether or not I had been cast out of the heavens. I was the lightning tiger, and this was my duty.
Pulling the helmet back on, I slammed on the gas and shot down the street at full speed, moving in and out of traffic in both lanes. I wanted to make it to the center of this issue as quick as possible. [1112]
Back to top Go down
seVen
seVen

Female
Number of posts : 76
Rep! : 11
Registration date : 2009-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 9:23 am

Seven sleeps peacefully in the forest when she wakes up with a stir after having a nightmare. She lays on a bed of grass and leaves. She leans up and looks in the direction of the city with her dress falling down the side of her shoulder and one of her demons speaks to her and says, “did you feel that?” She shakes her head and says “no I did not feel that. What was it.” The demon tells her “something just happened in the city that was very big. Maybe we should go and look at it.” The other demons inside of her wake up and say that is a good idea, so Seven yawns and sits up all of the way and wipes her eyes with her fists. “Okay” seven says as she stands up and floats up to the sky moving high over the tree tops of the Western Forest.
Back to top Go down
KyroShiori
Respected Elder
KyroShiori

Female
Number of posts : 1359
Rep! : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 2:08 pm

//Kyro Shiori
~Theme: Sexy, Naughty, Bitchy

"How hard is it to understand that a merger is bascially a take over in a kind manner.." I find myself grumbled and snap my cell phone shut. I sigh and shove it in my purse and examine my manicured nail, noting a chip in the crimson nail polish. I frown. "Kyouya..Schedule an appointment with, Lulu. I need a manicure and a pedicure after all this shit I'm dealing with..Have I mentioned that my father is a fuckin' prick," I hiss out the last part, Kyouya simply nodding. He's such a good assistant. I turn my wrist and look at the time. Kami what I wouldn't give to just say fuck this shit and go and see Jyn. The thought of him made my heart twist. I miss him desparately and the thought of that sexy secretary with him...My hands clench into fists. No use becoming a jealous bitch, Shiori.

"Shiori-sama. I can cancel the morning meeting for you if you wish. Even a Kyro needs a break," he says and I peer at him. I smile softly. He was a very preceptive person. I nod.

"Please do. I could use the break for a day..Or something. Honestly I barely know who I am these days.." I sigh and lean back into the plush leather seats of the family car. I can feel Kyouya's eyes on me and I peek over at him.

"Why do you do it then?" he questions and I blink. But then a picture of my father and stepmother flash through my head. I frown.

"Because..I refuse to allow this company to drown.." I answer simply and he nods.
Back to top Go down
Kaguyalover
Mystic Moogle
Kaguyalover

Female

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 7:09 pm

-Manifest Destiny-

Izumi would take a breath as she looked around Jyn's office, it had to look neat, well as neat as this could be. She could only just imagine it now Jyn coming into his office even if it was in a rush to make sure she was okay. Hell she might even be on the floor bleeding and she could just imagine Jyn looking at her and muttering something about why is his office a mess and that she should have cleaned it before she got there. This office was a rather decently sized office with more then enough room for people to move around it. Located near to the back of the building upon the left side up on the fourth floor. Izumi would calmly walk over to the blinds that covered over the large windows that seemed to line the wall that showed the outisde. She moed a blind over in order to attempt to see if she could see anything from her position. She would glance out for a bit and then move away from the window, it was night time so see much of anything would be a bit difficult. She sighed and looked around his office, maybe he had night vision goggles in here somewhere. She looked towards the three filing cabinets that were there, and a large desk that was near to the front that had this systematically arranged pots of bamboo plants growing rather largly, close to the cieling hieght. She would sigh softly and move behind the main desk where all the work was at and pulled back the chair and sat on it, behind her rested her monk spade snuggling inside it's bag. Cathy was still by the door merely waiting for new orders.

-Word count: 294[1300]
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female
Number of posts : 2042
Rep! : 61
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally]   Site Event - Manifest Destiny [open globally] EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 11:19 pm

"Why aren't you back asleep?"
"I can't be turned on and off like a tap you know. If you're going to wake me up once, I'd prefer to stay awake for awhile if you don't mind. And I know you heard that explosion just as loudly as I did. What if that cute guy's at the bottom of it? He'll definitely need some backup."
"You're right..."
Thus went the internal dialog of a man who hadn't talked with his possession spirit for some time and the resident incubus that resided within himself, or rather, herself from appearances. A young woman clad in a tube top, a black robe, black jeans, and black, steel-tipped, Doc Martin boots sped towards the site of the explosion, hoping that the handsome kamikonjou she'd met the other day wasn't somehow at the bottom of it.
Behind her, ran two wolfish dogs, one white after the manner of snow and another black and brown after the manner of a German shepard. The black one, huffing with his tongue out shouted, "Master Moskau, Master Belphegor, you must slow down..."
"Yea..." the other rejoined. "Slow down a little bit. We'll never get there if the police stop you."
"And how are we going to follow you if the explosion was in the Metro area?"
The woman tossed her long, light lavender hair in the wind. "Look you two, if you're going to be tagging along you have to stay out of my way..." her gaze returned to what was in front of her long enough to take a sharp turn down a back alley. "I have bigger things to worry about, got it?"
"Yes ma'am!" The dogs barked in unison. In a few seconds they would arrive in the middle of town and surprisingly the hounds would find little trouble. Though the deactivated turrets pointed their long barrels ominously at the two, making them whimper and run a little bit faster, no form of death issued forth from the darkness and no barrier blocked their way through. "Odd..." the dark dog reflected as they rushed past the dead defenses.
Current Theme: Counting on Me by Korn