Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Teacher's aid (Open)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female
Number of posts : 336
Rep! : 0
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Teacher's aid (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Teacher's aid (Open)   Teacher's aid (Open) EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 5:15 am

Teacher's aid (Open) Chaosavy
That looked like the last of it, I thought to my self as I closed the last file. Grading papers was my lest favorite of activities. I’d only just started working as a student add, so I was not expected to do much. I was still be tossed between teachers, whoever was in need of my assistance was who I took work from. I wasn’t sure if that was because I was new or if they all hated me, but either way it was rather annoying. I didn’t feel my talents were being sharpened by simply, doing the teachers dirty work to keep my out of their way. With soft lament I stood up from the bench where I’d been working and tucked the papers under my arm.
It was not entirely bad at the same time. I had access to their extensive archive of books, which was all I was really after. As for the making friends and connections I could do without that. Who was there worth even talking to that I didn’t have to? I mean of course I was always polite, no need to be rude. But truly there was no one interesting around here, boy crazed girls, girl crazed boys and work crazed teachers? Not really my social setting. So I headed back to the school, papers in hand.

WC : 224
OOC: looking for a teacher/professor who wouldn’t mind having Chaos working under them, other characters also welcome. ❤
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male
Number of posts : 2610
Rep! : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Teacher's aid (Open)   Teacher's aid (Open) EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 2:53 am

"You have one unheard message... First, unheard message..."
"Hey Psyre, it's me. Paige said that you were planning to come up to the University today. Let me know when you'll be up here and we can definitely hang out and get some food or something. I'll be in the science building working on a project for my Biochemistry class. Give me a call if work comes up and you're not going to make it."

*Beep* "Message will be saved for 21 days. End of new messages..." *Beep*

"Kimmy, do I have anything else scheduled for today?"
K: "No, Mr. Prince. Your last meeting got rescheduled to tomorrow. Well... there is one thing on your calendar..."
"I don't feel like being bothered with him. Tell him that I had to go pick up some documents and then draft or find some documents for me to pick up."

Kimmy, the Office Manager, giggles and agrees. I tell her that I'm taking off for the day to head up to the University. She gets excited and asks if I'm going to start taking classes to get my degree and I laugh and shake my head. Not a chance. What's the point anyway? I already have my career. I tell her that I'm going to visit Paige and some of the girls.

Arriving on Saidai University campus, I park in the guest parking and walk over to the science building. Standing outside of it, I nearly forgot how huge this damn building was. I thought to send her a text message to ask what classroom she was in, but instead I figure it would be more fun just to browse around and see what sort of equipment and talent they have around here. I send her a message telling her to let me know when she was done with her work. Not like I have anything else to do until she finishes because I don't want to distract her. Hell, I might get to see some kid blow something up... that would definitely be fun!

WC = 353
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Teacher's aid (Open)   Teacher's aid (Open) EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 7:34 pm

It took me a good 10 minutes to travel up the path from the court yard to the east school entrance. Hopefully after I’d dropped these off in the office they let me be done for the day and I could get to some of those books they had in the library. I let out a soft sight, trying not to get my hopes up, there was always something they could have me do.
On my way to the school doors I saw strange man in a suite walking up. Being the kind of person I was I held the door for him and nodded as I would to anyone else.

WC: 111 / 335
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Teacher's aid (Open)   Teacher's aid (Open) EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 9:26 pm

A young man walks up past me with a stack of papers in his hands. That is yet another reason why I have no coming to college. I would prefer to make good money for that much work. I wonder if he's a grad student or something. I walk up and grab the door. "You look like you need the assistance more. That's one hell of a research paper. What are you working on?" I didn't know this guy, but networking is the bread and butter of a consultant of any type. It doesn't matter who the person is, we should talk to them.

353 + 113 = 466 words
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Teacher's aid (Open)   Teacher's aid (Open) EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 9:36 pm

I blinked a moment before smiling and shaking my head "Oh, no it’s not my paper exactly, They are the research essay’s for one of the teachers. Oh, thank you" I said as I stepped in the door.
"It’s not exactly my job of choice, but I’m not really proficient at anything else. Kind of a book worm my self" I joked as I headed towards the main office.

WC: 69 / 404
OOC: sorry small post
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Teacher's aid (Open)   Teacher's aid (Open) EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 10:16 pm

Great... of all the people to run in to... I find a goth dressed nerd. A book worm... seriously? Well, I don't have anywhere to rush off to so I just keep walking aimlessly. Suddenly, he says something that I strongly disagree with with. "There's no point in doing a job that you don't like. That's not fun at all nor it is productive." I pause for a moment before my eyebrow raises, "So you're good at research then?" My inquisition shows genuine curiosity as the book worm might not be that bad after all.

466 + 102 = 568
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Teacher's aid (Open)   Teacher's aid (Open) EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 10:30 pm

"Hm? Yes, I’d say I am." I said as I turned to the desk and dropped the papers and files in front of the secretary. "All done, can you put these in the professor’s in box for me?" I asked, she nodded and I thanked her turning around.
"I suppose you are right. But one must sacrifices something to gain something correct?" I said looking back to him as the lady leans over.
"There's more papers in room 13A for you to pick up" she said handing me a piece of paper with the teachers name and what I was to do. I took the paper and looked it over.
"great…thanks" I said waving the paper to the secretary before heading towards the room. It was never ending and thankless work, I didn’t even get paid. But without those books I couldn’t finish my research and further my powers. I’d just have to grin ad bare it, for now at lest.
WC: 161 / 565
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Teacher's aid (Open)   Teacher's aid (Open) EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 2:33 am

"Tell me something, Researcher. If you could work on whatever you wanted, what would you work on?" As the sound of more papers is announced and I shake my head. "A sacrifice is necessary, but I have always lived by the rule that my sacrifice must be worth making. What is it that you hope to gain?" I make my way towards the door so that we can speak plainly outside of the office in case the topic is a sensitive matter that he doesn't want professor types hearing about. I have to internally ask myself if I really want to go through with this. If I break away from my father's company, there is no turning back. Let's not jump the gun though. This guy might be research structural advancements. Who knows?

568 + 143 = 711
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Teacher's aid (Open)   Teacher's aid (Open) EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 3:35 am

"whatever I wanted?" I asked stopping as I get out the door to look at him. I pretend I have to give it some thought, though I already know what I would be. "I guess it would be something like investigations, something where I put my analytical skills to use" I said finally. "I was hopping to get my hands on their extensive library but they keep me so busy haven’t got a chance to check it out yet" I admitted.
WC: 81 / 646
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Teacher's aid (Open)   Teacher's aid (Open) EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 4:21 am

"Investigations, eh? Like what specifically?" My phone vibrates on my hip. So that's why he was putting up with this? Well I suppose that makes some sense. I wonder if Uncle Antonio knows anyone on the University's Board of Trustees... if he does, that is a contact that I need to meet. Having a bookworm on the payroll could prove to be very useful as operations start kicking off. Suddenly, I realize my manners. "Oh, I just noticed that we forgot introductions. What is your name?" I snicker to myself having been so slow to realize that.

711 + 107 = 818
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Teacher's aid (Open)   Teacher's aid (Open) EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 6:55 pm

“Behavioral analysis and Paranormal research, I’m pretty good at ready people” I said with confidence, even now I could tell by the way he was dressed, the phone and general way he carried him self this man was not a teacher or student. He looked well off and had business manner look though still young so I figured he’d grown up in money. He also wasn’t shy, with a boldness that probably came from always being the top dog. “Oh yes, I’m Chaos, sorry about that.” I said offering a hand.
WC: 91 / 737
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Teacher's aid (Open)   Teacher's aid (Open) EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 10:09 pm

"Behavioral analysis and paranormal research? Care to translate that to non-scientist." He extends his hand, so I reach out to shake it. "Psyre (sigh-ear), it's a pleasure to meeting you... Chaos. A nickname? Also, let's test these people reading skills of yours. Analyze me." I smirk as I look around to see what else is going on in this place. My attention is never actually diverted from him, just my eyes. Paranormal research... so he is aware of the fact that spirits exist? Interesting indeed.

818 + 95 = 913
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Teacher's aid (Open)   Teacher's aid (Open) EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 10:39 pm

"It’s just a fancy way of say I can pick up on things that others might miss. I can tell if someone is lying, or telling the truth as well as basic personality profiles." I explained, though my skills were still being learned I could peg a criminal from a police officer off duty by simply watching there body language. "Analyze you? Hmm ok." I gave him a quick once over. "You’re not a student here, not a teacher either. I’d say it’s very clear by your attire and over all presentation that you’re a businessman. Judging by the way you inter acted with me, you’re not afraid of meeting new people, and you’re confident about who you are and what you want. There's also something else you’re not telling me, because you avoid to much eye contact, so either you want to tell me a secret or you might have guessed I already know. Is that close Mr. Psyre?" I asked with a small smile. I had already guessed more, by his reaction when I mentioned Paranormal research but I didn’t bother pointing that out just yet, I had to be careful what information I gave out on my side. If he had any power and he thought I knew too much it could always end badly for me. So I kept my mouth shut on that subject.
WC: 229 / 966
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Teacher's aid (Open)   Teacher's aid (Open) EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 10:53 pm

My smirk turns to a full smile and chuckle at the assessment. Considering that this is an initial meeting, it's pretty astute observation. I nod to him, "Good profile. Are you hungry?" So he is good at profiling individuals. That could be useful. I continue, "No, Mr. Just Psyre. My father demands the Mr. be included when addressing him. I am far less formal in situations like this one. Currently, I work as a Corporate Real Estate consultant. I've been doing that since I returned to Saicity from academy abroad. There is no secret to tell... at least not yet. Tell me more about this Paranormal Research you want to do. What, you want to investigate haunted houses or something?" I chuckle as it is clearly a joking statement, but I am curious as to what his answer will be.

913 + 155 = 1068
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Teacher's aid (Open)   Teacher's aid (Open) EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 11:07 pm

I look to the piece of paper and put it in my back pocket for now. "yeah a bit" I answer, I was a bit hungry I’d only had candy bars from the vending machine to snack on while doing the professor’s paper work.
"Psyre it is then" I said as I am caught off guard by the question he asks next. I’d have to be careful around this one. "Just the unexplainable, I like mysteries." That was a fair enough answer. It was the truth but not the whole truth. If I was to come out with all my knowledge it might make me look crazy, again not something I felt like explaining.
WC: 114 / 1,080
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Teacher's aid (Open)   Teacher's aid (Open) EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 11:42 pm

Nodding to him, I turn to head to the on campus Ramen spot. It's not as good as the spot in East City, but I don't want to drive over there and then drive back. "Do you want ramen, a bowl, or sushi? Also, Chaos, do you know that your eyes seem to shift when you're hiding something?" This was part bluff, but I stare directly at his eyes to watch for a new lie. When you work in sales, you become skilled at reading people as well because you have to smoke out hidden objections in order to close deals. Following whatever his remark might be, I comment, "You will have plenty to research in the current status of this city as there is much that is not being explained."

1068 + 137 = 1205
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Teacher's aid (Open)   Teacher's aid (Open) EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 11:54 pm

"Hm? Ramen, no thank you, I prefer sweet things" I said, my eyebrows raised as he implied that I was hiding something. He was good, couldn’t put that past him. "Well they do say that the eyes are the gateway to the soul." I said looking down "Soul…do you believe in such a thing? The human spirit I mean. That when one dies there’s a part that goes on?" I asked looking back up. It was a comforting thought that death isn’t the end. But even I hadn’t believed it, not until recently anyway.
WC: 94 / 1,174
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Teacher's aid (Open)   Teacher's aid (Open) EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 12:17 am

"Sweet... teriyaki bowls or certain types of sushi have sweet tastes or sauces that you can use with them. If those don't suit you, what do you have a taste for? I've only been to the traditional restaurant on campus." My demeanor turns to a more serious nature as he speaks about the human spirit and my beliefs of the afterlife. I pause for a moment to think about how I would answer that. "A reliable source has told me that the spirit can linger in our plane of existence. They can help humans that they take a liking to, but there are also malevolent spirits who wish to hurt humans and other spirits. I have been hearing an increasing numbers of these sort of stories over the last six or seven months. Is there a reason that you want to do more research on the unexplainable? Also, how did you get the name, Chaos?" I can't eat anything too heavy because I'm pretty sure that I have to go get food or drinks when I get the text that it is time to go.

1205 + 195 = 1400 words
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Teacher's aid (Open)   Teacher's aid (Open) EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 1:19 am

"Well I’ll tag along, But I can’t say I’ll eat" I said. I had tried a few of there dishes and they always left me unsatisfied I didn’t know why. But if they had wonton I might eat some of that. When he mentioned the increase of attacks I looked away. I knew all to well the power and violence of such things. But how could I fight something I couldn’t see?
"and as for my Name, and my interest in the unknown that’s a very long story, one that I doubt you have time to hear."
WC: 97 / 1,174
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Teacher's aid (Open)   Teacher's aid (Open) EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 1:39 am

There has to be something at the diner that this guy should like. I nod to him at the mention of time constraints. "Today, this would be true..." I reach into my pocket and retrieve a small rectangular metallic case with the Prince Enterprises emblem on it. Opening it, I retrieve a business card and extend it to the young man, who had peaked my interest. "It doesn't mean that I won't have time to hear the story another day. If you really want to do valuable research into paranormal activities that can help try to counteract these growing threats, I might be able to help with that. It's all up to you though." I look him dead in these eyes with a cool temperament about my visage. Part of me inquires as it has done so many times before, why am I extending aid to a complete stranger? He isn't a demon for sure, but it doesn't mean that he isn't a bad person. Still, something in my gut tells me to offer this opportunity. I've done very well for myself thus far trusting my instincts, so I think I'll continue trusting them.

1400 + 206 = 1606
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Teacher's aid (Open)   Teacher's aid (Open) EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 8:13 pm

I smiled and took the card. "Well thank you very much, though I was looking at an open position on the police force for a new detective. But I will keep you in mind." I said swapping the business card for the paper in my pocket. "I guess I’ll talk to you some other time then." I said with a nod and began on my way back to the class room. I wasn’t sure if there was much help I could be to a real estate agent, but I always liked being of use if could be. Who knew, perhaps there would be something I could do for him later down the line.

WC: 113 / 1,287
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110

PostSubject: Re: Teacher's aid (Open)   Teacher's aid (Open) EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 2:32 am

((Chaos's JC/EXP counted.))
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Teacher's aid (Open)   Teacher's aid (Open) EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 5:36 pm

Updated Psyre
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teacher's aid (Open)   Teacher's aid (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Teacher's aid (Open)
Page 1 of 1