Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Here comes the Rain (Open)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female
Number of posts : 336
Rep! : 0
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Here comes the Rain (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 12:59 am

Here Comes the Rain
-Character: Claudia

My sneakers make an awful sloshing sound as I made way down the drenched side walk. The distant sound and lights of cars as they drove past danced on the walls of the buildings around me. The air seemed cleaner, when it rained. Though I was soaked to the bone from head to toe, I took my time walking. Watching as some lady and her man scurried their way to a taxi before a drop of liquid could touch their fleeting frames. I watched them a moment as they drove off before untying the jacket around my wait and draping its wet mass over my bare shoulders. It was wet too and did little to ward off the cold, but I didn’t care. I was just reminded of my days on the street. That was back before I had a home or a family. I looked in a window, the warm glow lighting up my face as I spied on the inhabitants a moment as I passed. So calm, it was times like this when the world seemed to be such a calm and pleasant place, so tranquil.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male
Number of posts : 3978
Rep! : 82

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 1:23 am

Here comes the Rain (Open) Blake

Today was one of those wet.. drab days where you couldn't really go out and do anything, the rain made sure it was that way and drained the life out of everything, people scrambled to get out of it, get away as if it was some kind of thing attacking them.. It was so funny it almost made me laugh, almost.. Since tonight was such a dreary night, I decided to take a drive up to Gothstone, maybe even spend some time in the Moonbucks Coffee House, I had not yet fully decided on what to do and the night was still young. Coming to a red light, I slowed down, coming to a complete stop. As I waited, I glanced around some, pulling a pack of smokes from the center median, I took a cigarette out and light it, taking a light drag, still gazing out side the window of my car.

Post WC: 153
Total WC: 153
OOC:
Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Rookie
Lydeck

Male
Number of posts : 217
Rep! : 2
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 1:30 am

Here comes the Rain (Open) Avatxj
Here Comes the Rain
God damn it. That was the only thought that seemed to come up within the young man's head as he sped down the street on the sleek black R1 motorcycle. He wasn't sure what he had exactly done to anger whatever God was up there, but that was quite possibly the only reason he could think of that would cause the sky could have opened up on him like this while he was out on his bike. The engine roared down the streets and alleys as he kept his high speed up, attempting to quickly get out of this mess. But as his speed increased, he could feel his control leaving him. The rather irritating reality of him needing to slow down in this weather came into his mind. It was one thing to get wet, but it was even worse to have to actually go at normal speeds due to safety precautions. As he exited the main roads and started down the somewhat residential roads, he decreased his speed even more. The last thing he wanted to do was hit somebody - not so much as fearing for anyone else's safety, but that would do a bad number on his bike.

As he cruised down the water logged street, he noticed that there was pretty much nobody out unless they were in a car. Great; so that made him the jackass who was caught out in the rain while riding a motorbike after dark. As images of people laughing popped in to his head, a figure began to appear on the horizon on the sidewalk in front of him. His attention drifted to this person, as it seemed as if some woman was actually out walking in this mess. Why was she out right now? It wasn't like him to leave a damsel in distress, so he began to slow his bike to a 'snail's pace' so he could roll up beside her as she continued walking. It wasn't like him to stop for random people; but she seemed innocent enough, and Gothstone wasn't exactly a pleasant place - especially in this weather and darkness. The engine roared as it downshifted through the gears, inevitably, this would catch her attention.

"Hey!" He called out as her attention would have inevitably been caught by the sound of the bike. "What are you doing out here in this mess?" He asked with a puzzled look on his face. By this point, his bike had come to a stop, and he hoped the woman would quit walking, otherwise he would have wasted his time slowing down to begin with - and oh did he hate going slow or stopping. "Want a ride home or something before you drown?"
Wordcount: : 445

OOC: I'm not sure what the sound a crotch rocket makes is called, so I said roaring. Though, that makes me think of a Harley ... xD . (And fuck, I just now saw Rune's post. I started this like 5 mins before that one ... damn I post slow. xD)
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 1:44 am

Here Comes the Rain

Flood? Did water really have that much power? Was it really the most powerful force on earth? My mind had trailed off on this bizarre subject some time while walking, I’m not sure how it started down the path to world distraction but it was ended swiftly with a "Hey." I drew my eyes up from the side walk where I had been watching the small streams that soaked my shoes further. I had half expected to see that I was not the one being addressed and go just go back to my walk. Much to my surprise I was the one being called out.

"Mess?…Funny I thought it was cleanest the air has been in awhile" I stated turning a bit, I’d pretty much forgotten the rain by now, it was only the occasional wind that reminded me I wet and cold.

I was surprised a second time with a rare act of kindness, when this stranger offered me a ride home. "Heh, thanks but what’s the difference between riding in the rain and walking in it?" I asked with a sly smile, as I noted he was getting as wet as me.
Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Rookie
Lydeck

Male

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 1:57 am

Here Comes the Rain
Well, she had him there. That was a pretty good question, and the fact that he was asked that only embarrassed him further as to the fact that he actually got caught out in the rain to begin with. Gah, what a bother it'd be trying to dry off later. He adjusted his seating and sat up, since he had been learning.

"Heh - well you have me there." he admitted, rubbing the back of his neck. Comparatively speaking, he was just as wet as she was - and worse yet, his bike was too. "But hey, it's a lot more enjoyable speeding through the rain on this rather than walking in it." He pointed out. Truth be told, he actually did like riding in the rain, it was just the ridiculousness of it all that kept him from doing it more often. There was something about the cool raindrops on his skin that he enjoyed.
Wordcount: : 155 // 602

Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 2:06 am

When the light turns green, I slowly press down on the accelerator, passing the read light I began down the street again, picking up speed, taking another drag from my smoke, my attention shifting from the road to something on the side of the road that caught my eye. When I brought my attention back to the road I almost had a heart attack, there was a person sitting there on a bike in front of me, I began to swerve to the side to avoid the person on the bike but I quickly found I couldn't do that as another car came down the street towards me, turning the wheel the other way I swerve to the side onto the side walk then I see a girl that was standing on the side walk and shift my foot to the break peddle and push down as hard as I could, trying to stop before I hit the girl.

Post WC: 159
Total WC: 312
OOC: O_O!! Will Speed Racer hit the girl? .. Will she bounce off the front of his car like a rubber ball? .. Found out next time on Speed Racer! Go Speed Racer GOOOO!! xD
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 2:17 am

Here Comes the Rain

Strange, but kind of sweet at the same time, I think to my self as he makes weak argument as for why ridding is better than walking. I was opening my mouth, when the sound of squealing tires broke the soft static noise of falling rain. As the car swerved for the side walk I was blinded by the bright florescent lights. My arms moved up as I jumped back. The jump was fast, but no were near graceful as I landed on my rear in a puddle. I caught my top half with one palm and an elbow that scrapped along the wet sidewalk like meat on a cheese grater. When I opened my eyes the rain from the sky fell into them, blinding me, and with a muddy sleeve I tried to clear my sight. In the end I was muddy, scratched and bruised but not dead.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 2:27 am

I had managed to stop my car before hitting the girl, or at least I hoped I did.. with the way I seen her go back I honestly thought I hit her.. Realizing I had also dropped my smoke I quickly reach down and grab it before it causes any damage to my self or my car, after grabbing my smoke I unbuckle my seat belt and open the door before slipping out of my car into the rain. Once out of my car, I looked over at the person on the bike, it was a man.. Turning my attention to the front of my car, I expected to see blood running down the hood and a dent as I made my way to the front of my car to see if I had hit the girl or missed her.. I could feel my heart racing.. man that was awesome and terrifying at the same time... Coming to a stop at the front of my car I look down at the girl for a moment, seeing she was indeed ok, or at least not hit by my car. ' Ohh thank you god.. ' I thought to my self as I stepped away from my car, moving over to her as I spoke up " Are you alright? "

Post WC: 219
Total WC: 531
OOC:
Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Rookie
Lydeck

Male

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 2:34 am

Here Comes the Rain
As Lydeck awaited the woman's response, he could distinctly hear the sound of an engine behind him. Now this normally wouldn't be anything out of the ordinary, since he was parked right off the side of the road. But the sound of screeching tires quickly became audible. His head snapped around only to be met with the sight of an on coming car. At first the vehicle was heading towards Lydeck, but it swerved right, and then left on to the sidewalk. The tires began to squeal as the breaks were applied, the car still streaking down the sidewalk.

Luckily, his new acquaintance was quick enough with her reflexes to get out of the way of the oncoming object. The car had stopped a little ways past where she had once been standing. The wind from the force of the car had blown by Lydeck, startling him. His attention quickly turned to the vehicle that was now beside him, which had been 'operated', if that's what you wanted to call it, by some punk. "What the fuck, you prick!" He shouted as he drew back and threw his helmet through the back window of the car. (if it's four door - if not then it bounces off the metal beside the driver window). But before he could assault the reckless person who had just en danged Lydeck and his own vehicle, his attention turned to the girl he was talking to before, causing him to mutter "Oh shit ...". He quickly hopped off his bike and rushed over to where she was. Surprisingly, she had gotten out of the way rather nimbly, and wasn't as badly injured as he figured she would be. She was pretty well scraped up. Kneeling down beside her, Lydeck used his left arm to help her into a sitting position, while offering his right sleeve - which was not muddy like her clothes - as a better means of clearing her eyes. "Damn, clutch reflexes. Are you alright?"
Wordcount: : 333 // 935
OOC: I was actually right beside the side walk, so if you were driving on the road you would've just went on by - there was no need to swerve. =P (.... and have you ever gone to craigslist and looked in places like LA? Some internet classics, folks.) And damn I'm a word whore.
And also, keep to the post order, lol. I take like 15 mins or so to finalize my post ... so yeah. =o

Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 2:53 am

Here Comes the Rain

Still dazed I took the clean cloth and free my eyes of mud and water. Finally able to see once more I stood up. I rubbed my bloody palm on my jeans. But quickly stopped after feeling the tiny rocks rolling in the wound.
"Yeah I’m alive…You ok?" I replied to the driver, as I pulled my hand closer to pull out the remaining pebbles that had lodged them selves into the flesh.
"How about you? You ok?" I asked the other man, as I flicked the debris to the sidewalk. I sighed and groaned once my inspection of my hand was complete and threw my head back. Why me? I wondered, I was just walking on the side walk minding my own business not doing anything wrong for once and… That’s when I remember. I’d been carrying a bag if I remembered right. I looked around where I hand landed but it wasn’t there. Quickly turning to the car I spotted it, wedged tightly under the front wheel, its contents of fine watches, wallets and other high priced valuables I had collected spilled all over the concrete.
"Shit!" I murmured under my breath as I dashed to the bag and tried to pulled it free and get everything back inside at the same time. Needles to say I didn’t pull it out and the items just kept pilling back out. Still I furiously kept trying for some unknown reason.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 3:12 am

Ahhh dude hit my car with his big plastic hat! I looked at the guy, my eye twitching as I watched him.. he had just hit my car and all I DID was almost hit a girl but I didn't.. she was fine, aside from some nicks and cuts.. which some band aids wouldn't take care of. With the girl ok, I turned my attention to the man that hit my ride. Bringing a hand up I pointed at him " You didn't just hit my car with your big plastic hat, did you? Cause that's what I think happened and if that's so we might have a problem. " By now, the girl had already scrambled away and went over my car to do something... Dear lord please don't let her have had a baby in her arms and dropped it under my car when I almost hit her.. " Maybe I should hit your scooter with a big plastic hat, how would you feel if I did that? " I said, stepping around the front of my car, making my way towards his bike, keeping an eye on him.

Post WC: 191
Total WC: 722
OOC:
Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Rookie
Lydeck

Male

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 3:34 am

Here Comes the Rain
Lydeck eyeballed the guy as he made his way out of the vehicle. Even though he was the one that was driving recklessly, nearly mowed down someone on a bike, and then swerved nearly splattered a pedestrian, he had the nerve to complain about his car getting hit with something in anger? "So let me get this straight." Lydeck began. "You drive like a complete douchebag, nearly taking me out - and then swerving and almost plowing over a pedestrian - and you have the nerve to get on me for throwing my helmet at your car? Seriously?" Lydeck arose from his crouched position, "You're lucky I don't call the police on your outstanding driving." He said in a sarcastic tone. All the while this was going on, Lydeck couldn't help but wonder where the woman had gotten so many precious items like the ones in her bag.
Wordcount: : 148 // 1,083
OOC: Sorry bout that delay -cough-

Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 3:49 am

Here Comes the Rain

Ok so obviously this wasn’t working. My things were still all over the place and my bag was stuck tight under that car. I glanced over to see the two men busy "taking" about something I had obviously been left out of. That was fine, the longer they sent arguing the more time I had to get my bag. Hopefully they had been to busy trading words to notice me, I was used to that. Guys get into it ad the whole world seems to stop for them until things are "settled" as it were. I looked back to my poor messenger back pack still imprisoned beneath the tire. I grabbed the strap and braced my self by putting my feet on the tire. I arched back with all my strength and a small grunt. Snap! The strap broke and I tumbled back, ring on the elbow that had already been scratched once from a fall. I cursed a few ill words to god, and sat up looking at the strap and the bag still where it had been. Sighing, I was beginning to wonder if this was how god punished thieves. I looked over at the two men, they seemed to have a lot in common actually, but who was I to say I was just the lady in the room. I rested my chin on my palm and began to plot my next actions. I could ditch my things and just go home, I was wet, cold, injured and now lost a weeks worth of valuables. It seemed like a good time to just call it a night. Then again I was very stubborn….
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 4:05 am

I stop and look at the man when he calls me a d bag... My eye twitches again as I point off in the direction of the girl, not knowing exactly where she was, I last seen her around my car so that is where I am pointing at.. " Its not a helmet.. its a big plastic hat and as you can see, the girl is fine. If she needed serious medical attention it would have been arranged. And as for almost hitting her.. I didn't see her when I first swerved, it was either hit you and your scooter or another car, would you rather I plowed into your scooter? " I asked before making my way to the front of my car and looking at the woman for a moment " Miss, would you like me to move my car so you can get your bag? " Tonight was turning out to be a great night, almost hit some one, soaked to the bone, arguing with some dude, lovely.. Looking back to the man I shake my head faintly " There's no need to call the police, no one is seriously injured as you can tell by the lack of broken bones and large amounts of blood. "

Post WC: 211
Total WC: 933
OOC:
Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Rookie
Lydeck

Male

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 3:35 pm

Here Comes the Rain
He had a point to a certain extent. Well, perhaps he had gotten irritated too fast. After all, the guy didn't actually hit him, he had only come close. Well, he came more close to hitting the woman. "Nah, relax, I wasn't actually going to call anyone." He admitted. Lydeck walked over and gathered his helmet, which had rolled out into the road. He hardly ever actually wore he, so he wasn't even sure why he had it with him. "And while it may have irritated me that you almost hit her, I was more so angry at how close you had come to hitting me." He didn't mean to come off as selfish, but that was where his initial anger had come from. The young man slowly walked up to where the girl was, noticing her bag. Bending down, he picked up a golden item which had rolled out (one of the many). "Well, well, well. You've been busy, haven't you?"
Wordcount: : 162 // 1,245

Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 3:57 pm

Here Comes the Rain

I stood up from sulking position and turned to the drive with a sigh.
"Yeah…could you please?" I asked looking back at the bag. Whatever hadn’t spilled out was probably crushed, what a mess. Why hadn’t I thrown it out of the way? Just a few inches either way and it would have been fine but no it had to land there of all places. Now I was sure I was being punished.

"Why else would I be out in the rain at night?" I asked with a smile as the other man commented my being "busy". I stepped back crossing my arms to watch from a safe distance. I me he was just backing the car up, but after what just happened can’t be too careful. A sharp sneeze broke my vision for a moment and shook my head. I could just hear Adelle now, about how I’m going to catch my death walking around in the rain like this.
WC: 161/1047
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 4:09 pm

" Well that's a relief " I said to my self as I looked over at Lydeck for a moment. Moving to the driver side of my car, I slipped into it and let out a sigh as I put it into gear and backed up so the woman could get her bag.. By her reaction to it and the lack of blood I knew it wasn't a baby under there so I was relieved and happy.. After backing up some I slipped back out of my car and moved to see what she had in the bag that was so important to her. When I did see I knew exactly what she was doing out here... She was a pick pocket, working the streets over for things to sell. I glanced at Lydeck for a moment before moving over to Claudia " .. Hey, to repay you for almost hitting you, how about I give you a ride back to your place? " I said as I looked down at her, though I knew what she did I really didn't have a problem with it, hell I did that stuff too.. just not on rainy nights like tonight, tonight was kind of my night off.. Looking back to Lydeck for a moment, I wasn't sure what he thought about this new revelation.

Post WC: 223
Total WC: 1,156
OOC:
Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Rookie
Lydeck

Male

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 4:32 pm

Here Comes the Rain
As the group continued to sort out their problems, the downpour that was once engulfing the area has begun to slow down. It was now down to a light drizzle, and felt more like mist was coating the area. "It's about time ..." Lydeck murmured to himself as he noticed the rain had begun to stop. Oh how he hated the rain. Lydeck continued to inspect the loot that he had picked up. Wow, nice quality. The woman commented about what else she might be doing in the rain at night. He tried to think of a sarcastic remark, but what came out was certainly worded in the wrong way. "Hm? Maybe you just like being wet at night." He paused as the innuendo he had just said finally dawned on him. Wow, that certainly wasn't intended. By this time, the reckless driver was apologizing and offering her a ride home. That was pretty convenient. He walked over to his bike and began to inspect it quickly. Once he was satisfied with it's lack of disturbance from the incident, he mounted it. He wasn't going to leave quite yet, so he simply leaned back slightly as he sat on the seat. "Appologies for the outburst." Lydeck said, nodding to the man. "But you really should .... learn to pay attention." Truth be told, Lydeck would be a hypocrite if he condemned the man for losing his attention while driving. He himself couldn't count the many time's his chain of thought had drifted.

"Oh. I didn't catch your name?" He said, motioning towards to woman.
Wordcount: : 264 // 1,509
OOC: Damn you all post fast. o_o

Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 5:27 pm

Here Comes the Rain

I was so caught off guard by the comment that all I could do was stare at the man. Wet and night? Was he serious? Or just trying to be funny, either way that shut me up and fast. I shook my head, freeing my self of the temporary lack of anything to say and took my bag from him.
"Yeah I think I’ll take that ride…if you don’t mind me getting the seats a bit damp" I said, though the rain had stopped I was actually freezing now, and the car looked like it had heat, or at the very lest could keep the wind from chilling me further. As I stepped over to the car I waved to the man on the bike. "Claudia" I said replied with a wave. Just than a faint ringing came from my bag. My eyes widened as I realized my cell phone had been inside. I rummaged threw and pulled out the slick black phone hitting the answer button.
"Hello?" it was Adelle, right on time asking where in hell I was.
"Oh sorry I was distracted." I explained.
"No I’m fine. I don’t care what you make your cooking sucks anyway" I said laughing.
"Ok see you soon" I said hitting a button, and putting the phone in my back pocket for now.

WC: 222/1,430
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 5:50 pm

When I heard the man speak to me, I looked over at him for a moment, he wanted me to say I was sorry? " Yeah.. I should have been paying more attention, maybe could have hit the brakes sooner. ". I was glad to see the woman had taken me up on my offer to drive her home, though with the state we were both in my seats were gonna be soaked.. I glanced at her for a moment before looking to Lydeck " Hey, sorry about almost hitting your scooter, no hard feelings? " I asked, offering him a smile. After a moment, I turned my attention back to the woman, Claudia was her name, though I didn't ask, simply over heard it, when I heard her talking to someone, at first I thought it was someone else that had walked up but it appeared she was on the phone with someone. " You ready to go? "

Post WC: 160
Total WC: 1,316
OOC:
Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Rookie
Lydeck

Male

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 7:24 pm

Here Comes the Rain
Lydeck yawned as the night grew longer. "For sure, no hard feelings." Lydeck responded to the guys question without looking over. He reached into his pocket, retrieved the key, and ignited the engine. It came to life with a violent roar, and settle to a low hum. The women answered his question, and said that her name was Claudia. Hm, that was somewhat unique. It's not a name you hear a lot now-a-days. Kicking up the stand, Lydeck firmly controlled the bike as he readied to leave. "Yo - I'm out." He quickly secured the helmet back on his head, which had no apparent marks from where it had hit the car. He loved these full-headed helmets ... there was some strange sense of security and privacy while you had it on, it was hard to explain. He let free of the brake, andaccelerated quickly away from the sidewalk. He sharply turned at the first right, and sped away.
Wordcount: : 159 // 1,659

Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 8:25 pm

Here Comes the Rain

I watch as the stranger drives away. The rain was all but gone as I looked up, I could see the cool blue of the moon trying to peak threw.
"I’m ready when you are" I said as I opened the door and got in the car. Letting my bag sit on the floor in front of my seat. I took the jacket off and rung it out letting the water drip onto the ground before shutting the door.
"So what’s your name? Mister crazy driver" I asked, squeezing the water out of my hair, attempting to unload as much of the rain I had collected as possible. I could just hear Adelle going on one of her rants in my head.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 8:47 pm

I stand there, watching Lydeck for a moment as he starts his bike and then drives off. Slipping back into my car, I shut the door and look over at Claudia " Alright. " I said, watching her as she worked on ringing her shirt out, as she did that, I reached over and turned the heat on so it would get warm in the car. When she shut the door, I put the car into gear and began down the road again " Name's Blake. I'm afraid I overheard you telling your name so I don't really need to ask. " I said, glancing over to her for a moment " Where do you live? "

Post WC: 117
Total WC: 1,433
OOC:
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 9:04 pm

"Oh, it's not too far, I live in the apartments just on edge of the district, just take this street up to 31st, take a left then your first right and your there" I explained while rubbing my hands together to warm them up. After that there was on of those long silent moments. After awhile I broke it with a question.
"So, you live around here?" I asked.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 9:13 pm

As she finishes explaining where she lived, I gave a nod, followed by a simple " Alright. " Before falling silent again. There was a good bit of silence before she spoke again. I shook my head faintly " No. I don't live here. I live in the Lower Commons. " I fell silent for a moment before speaking up " So, how about you tell me about all the goods you have in the bag, you walk the streets looking for people to pick pocket, correct? ... I'm not going to have to frisk you to make sure you have my wallet, am I? "

Post WC: 106
Total WC: 1,539
OOC:
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 9:23 pm

I blushed and looked down. Normally I didn’t have to account for my actions, my "goods" stayed hidden in the bag until I could pawn them.
"uh no…" I said softly "I don’t normally steal from people like you. What I meant to say was poor people…I mean! people from the commons.. I mean..ah shit" I gave up on trying to explain, I probably just sounded like an ass. I tried to steel from people who looked as if they had plenty to spare. People said you shouldn’t judge others on appearances, but how can you not see a man in a nice thousand dollar suit with a nice watch and a nice car and not think "Hey I bet he wouldn’t miss a few dollars, or that watch". I went back to being silent, the last thing I wanted was to open my big mouth and get kicked out and have to walk again.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 9:38 pm

As she fumbled over her words, trying to explain who she stole from, I couldn't help but chuckle faintly at the poor girl, not to be mean or anything but it was some what funny listening to her. As she finished, I glanced over at her again before looking back to the road " I see. So you only steel from rich fat cats? and not us poor foke? Well that's nice to know, do you rob from the rich and give to the poor or just give to your self? Cause, if your given hand outs, I can take a little off your hands. " I said with a chuckle " But, I understand what your trying to say and the comment about people like me, 'poor people' is alright. We all cant be rich fat cats, right? "
Post WC: 106
Total WC: 1,645
OOC:
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female
Number of posts : 2042
Rep! : 61
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 11:36 pm

___Meanwhile, a homeless looking spirit drifted down the street. Her primary problem was the rain. Theoretically, she could phase out and the downpour wouldn't bother her, but then she wouldn't be able to smoke. Even now, she had to cover the joint with her hand so the little flame wouldn't go out. An annoyance in itself, and her mood only worsened when the wind blew some water under her hand that doused her joint.
___"I can see why they ain't have this bullshit weather in heaven..." she grumbled to herself, eyeing the streets and the sky with pure malice until her gaze fell upon a pedestrian with an umbrella. Reflexively, she ran up to him and snatched the umbrella, snarling, "Give me this shit!" and in the same motion kicked him into the street and thus into the path of an oncoming car.
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 11:41 pm

I was relieved to here he didn’t take offense to my rather poor choice of words.
"No, I usually keep what I take. I guess I really don’t need to anymore, but after growing up that way I guess it just becomes a habit" I explained while I watched out the window as the lights along the street flashed by.
"Hey look out!" I yelled as some guy fell into the road before the car. I grabed for the wheel in an attempt to turn the car in time.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 11:55 pm

" I see. That kind of thing could get you into a lot of troub-" Before I could finish I notice a man stumbling into the street 'holy shit not again' I say to my self as I quickly switch my foot to the break and press down onto it as Claudia reaches over to turn the wheel, I turn as well trying to swerve out of the way and miss the man while coming to a stop. Tonight just isn't my night.. First I almost hit a dude on a bike, swerve and am forced to swerve again and almost hit a girl... Now I am forced to swerve again...
Post WC: 111
Total WC: 1,756
OOC:
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 12:01 am

___"Oy..." the woman reflected, standing there with the umbrella. "Humans... can't rely on them for anything." If the man was spiritually aware, then it would have been better for her if he'd been street pizza around this time. If he wasn't, then no harm done, but better safe than sorry. Idly, she wondered if she should go finish the job as she walked into the street near the car. A wonder the thing hadn't hydroplaned. She knocked on the hood three times, "Hey, can you all hear me?" Her intent, if these people weren't spiritually aware, was to finish off the stunned man behind her and get out of dodge before anyone noticed.
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 12:15 am

That was close, too close I think to my self as I lean back in my seat.
"Christ, that the second time, are you cursed Blake?" I asked looking out to see that we’d missed the man but not much else. I opened my door and walked over to the man.
"Are you ok?" I asked as I helped him out of the street. Of course I knew that wasn’t Blakes fault, I’d been just as surprised to see a body fall into the street as he was.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 12:34 am

" Holy shit... " I said once or twice as I sat there after bringing the car to a stop. Finally I look to Claudia " I hope I'm not. ". climbing out of the car, I head to the front of the car much like Claudia to check on the man. Seeing Claudia had the man I glance around for a moment " Hey is he alright Claudia? .. He must have tripped or somethin.. To damn close.. " The last part came out more of a mutter, mostly saying it to my self as I watched Claudia.
Post WC: 99
Total WC: 1,855
OOC:
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:29 am

___So neither of them seemed able to see her, and the man who was looking left and right, trying to figure out how he'd ended up in the wet street with a scraped elbow but otherwise no serious injuries didn't seem able to either. That was good. It meant she didn't have to outright kill anyone.
___Looking towards the car, she observed that it was dry and seemed like it might have warmth inside. Quite a contrast to where she stood in the icy cold drizzle. Quietly, she reverted to her youkai form, a black vixen, and trotted off to the passenger's door that had been left open. It did make a slight splash when she jumped into the car, and she left some water in the seat when she landed in the car. Climbing up the back of car seat and enjoying the blast of warm air, she stood on the headrest and carefully jumped to the back seat, where she curled up for a rest.
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 3:15 pm

After the Man calmed down a bit he mentioned an umbrella. I returned a puzzle look, because I hadn’t remembered seeing one when we almost mowed him down. Then again I wasn’t really paying attention. But I gave the place a quick once over to see if it had fallen near by or if we’d run it over. On my over to the car to see if it was lodged under the tire I noticed it was sitting at my open door. Puzzled I bent over and picked up, noticing my seat the seat was wet. I shrugged not paying much mind to it and shut the door. After handing the man his umbrella, I looked to Blake.
"Think we can make it home without almost hitting someone else?" I inquired grin.

OOC: you didn't say what happend to umbrella so i made shit up XP
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 3:24 pm

Seeing the man was alright took a load off my shoulders, it was one thing to almost hit a person but a completely other thing to actually hit them.. That in its self brought on a whole bunch of crap I didn't feel like dealing with, especially not on a night like tonight.. Making my way back to the driver side door, I pause for a moment, glancing around before looking to Claudia as she spoke to me. Before answering I chuckled lightly " I hope so.. I'm afraid I might actually have a heart attack if something like that happens again.. "
Post WC: 103
Total WC: 1,958
OOC:
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 4:33 pm

OOC: That's pretty accurate, she would've left the umbrella outside the car when she got in the car.
___The fox laid her head down on the backseat, absorbing the smell of old car and running through fun possibilities in her head. Writing on the dashboard? Naw... to direct. Teeth marks on the cushions? Naw... not enough style. Speaking in ghostly tones? Naw... to cliche'...
___Suddenly, she recalled something on her person that she needed to test out... and these two would be the perfect subjects for a blind experiment. Smirking darkly to herself, she waited for them to get back in the car.
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 6:15 pm

Opening the door I hopped back into the car. My pants where still soaked so I didn’t bother with drying the seat, there was really no point if it was wet now or later. As I closed the door, my stomach gave out a very load grumble. I sighed, I hadn’t noticed how hungry I was until now. Even Adelle’s cooking sounded great right about now.
"Lets go, we are almost there" I said, and prayed for no more interruptions between me and getting some food and nice warm shower.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 6:40 pm

Slipping back into my car, I let out another sigh as I glanced over to Claudia, reaching to the center median in my car I picked up a pack of smokes and pulled one from it, slipping it between my lips as I nodded, glancing to her when I heard her stomach growling " Sounds like you could use a bite to eat too. " after lighting the cigarette, I put the car into gear and began to drive down the road again, praying that nothing else would jump out in front of me this time.
Post WC: 96
Total WC: 2,054
OOC: Lil you scare me some times. xD
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 8:11 pm

___Let's see... where was it? Grunty shifted back into her oni form and shifted through her pockets, finally withdrawing a packet nearly full of a slightly translucent, white powder. From what she'd knew, this substance produced the same feeling she felt when she looked on her incubus friend. Simply absorb it and bingo, instant love. That would be a good reason to outlaw it... that and it would make a super effective date rape drug... well, perhaps without the rape part.
___But last time she met the incubus, she faltered because she didn't know what you were supposed to do when you have those sort of feelings, since she was from heaven and all and that sort of thing was illegal. This experiment would maybe show her... or perhaps not. She had no intention of using the complete packet, which was a full dose. She was only going to use part of the packet, which may or may not have an effect at all.
___With intense, but dim curiosity, the spirit opened the packet slightly and blew the powder towards the front seat. Once it hit the air, it dissolved like sugar in water, and she quickly put the remainder of the packet away, hopefully before they could see the stuff just floating there, and covered her nose with her shirt.
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:15 pm

I watched as he took out a cigarette and grabbed the pack holding up.
"Do you mind if tack one?" I asked, it wasn’t food but would work. Not waiting for an answer I pull a lighter from my pocket and light the cigarette. After a few puffs I glanced back over to Blake. Threw the cloud of smoke, there was something different about him. I realized for the first time since I met him that he was actually a pretty good looking guy. My eyes snapped back straight ahead. Did I really just think that? That really was out of character for me, I didn’t normally ogle men I just met for no reason. I took another drag and tried to think about something less embracing. But not more than a few minutes later found my eyes wandering the out line of his lips. Nearly smacking my self I corrected my line of sight once more. What was going on?

WC: 161/ 2,336
OOC: evil little thing you!! >:O lol
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:34 pm

When she asked about a smoke I simply nodded and pulled my lighter from the center median and light the smoke I had between my lips before putting the lighter back as I took a long drag. I don't know what came over me but for some reason, I glanced to Claudia, my eyes wondering along her form slowly before looking back to the street. I hadn't been thinking about it but now it came to the front of my mind.. she was a pretty hot chick.. As I thought on it more, I reached up and pulled the cigarette from my lips and spoke " .. That ones on the house, but if you want any more you will have to pay for it. " I said in a joking tone as I glanced to her again, a faint smile forming on my lips.

Post WC: 145
Total WC: 2,199
OOC:
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 11:03 pm

___The evil spirit yawned beneath the cloth. Nothing much seemed to have changed. They were just smoking and talking... well, those were the default things to do in Gothstone she supposed... that and drink coffee or write poetry or something.
___Eyeing the console of the vehicle, she wondered idly if she should try to switch it to something romantic... or... err... gloomy... or... both. That stuff they call Love Metal might work. After a minute, however, she decides against it. Such actions would interfere with the thus far very slow experiment.
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 11:21 pm

"Gotcha" I said and smiled back, my eyes narrowing a bit as I wondered what exactly he had planned for payment. Christ! What was wrong with me? was my mind now permanently in the gutter? One part of mind wondering what he would do if I kissed him at that moment and the other part knowing how rude and uncalled for that would be. What was worse was the first part seemed to be winning it was becoming harder to draw my eyes away from him. until I felt my body leaning towards him, shifting over the median and bringing my face close to his until my lips brushed against the corner of his. All the while I was trying to stop my self and jerk back into my seat before he noticed, and all that time I was still moving forward. Gah! What was going on!? This wasn’t like me! this couldn’t be happening? Right? I was dreaming, I was sure I’d wake up any minute.

WC: 167 / 2,503
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 11:50 pm

I nod again as I bring the smoke to my lips and take another drag. I think I just hit on here... but I wasn't sure why I did, sure she was hot.. but.. I wasn't sure if I was looking for a girl right now... but then again... ugh, what the hell I need to focus on driving or I might actually hit someone this time.. when I felt her lips brush against the corner of mine I almost swerved off the road, my gaze shifting from the road to Claudia as I look at her for a moment, my smile growing a bit more " .... Easy... If you want a kiss all you gotta do is ask. If you keep that up we might actually wreck. " I tried to keep my focus on the road but it was some what hard to with this hot chick almost in my lap now...

Post WC: 155
Total WC: 2,354
OOC:
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 12:00 am

___The odd sound of a tire squealing on a wet road awoke Grunty from her reverie and thoughts. Hmmm... she'd certainly never seen a kiss like that before. One or two on the cheek perhaps, but none on the lips. That looked like it might be fun, so she could try that next time she saw the incubus.
___But she was viewing the scene upside down. She'd landed on top of her neck at an uncomfortable angle from the floorboard when Romeo was considering off-road driving, so she took a moment to right herself. Though technically it was her fault, she didn't consider it such and thus her mood became sour. Pouting, she reseated herself and growled under her breath. The humans would certainly be able to see her if they swerved into something and died... that would be bad news for her. Nothing worse than a vengeful spirit.
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 1:26 am

I pulled myself back to my side of the car, but not before the damage had already been done.
"I …I’m sorry…I don’t know what came over me…" I said softly looking down my face bright red. As mortified as I was by what I’d just done, There was still faint sense of satisfaction from it. "Oh!" I spoke up as I noticed we’d missed out turn with my little out burst of random unprovoked affection. "My place was back there" I said pointing back to the turn.

WC: 88 / 2,591
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 1:36 am

I managed to pull my self together some, clearing my throat a bit as I nodded faintly " Uhh .. yeah... Its ok. " I said, trying to keep my focus on the road and not look at her again. ' Alright Blake... just focus on the road.. ' I thought to my self. When I heard her speak again, saying I had passed her turn I sighed " Fuck... Hang on I'll double back.. " I said, pulling over into the turning lane so I could turn around.

Post WC: 89
Total WC: 2,443
OOC:
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 7:39 am

___Sitting in the seat, the spirit stared out of the window, wondering what her incubus could be doing right now, what the guy with the sword who she'd shacked up with was attacking with little provocation now, and whether or not she should crash with these people. Whichever of them's place she was going to visit was probably nice and probably had a fuller fridge than Adrian's, as she'd raided his last night and there were barely bones in there anymore.
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 7:20 pm

I finished the Cigarette and rolled down the window, flicking the but out onto the wet road. Tonight had turned out rather excited, almost getting run over, loosing half my loot to a random tire, meeting Blake and the near second accident had proved to be one wild ride. I gave a sigh as we pulled into the apartment complex’s parking lot. Phew, home at last, now I just had to make it to the door, and I was home free.
“Thanks for the ride…um are you hungry? I can’t say it will be great but it’s that lest I could do to repay you.” I said, Adelle would probably with fine with it, she worked nights so she didn’t have an excuse to worry about getting up early unless she was going to try to get me to go to school again.

WC: 143 / 2,734
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the Rain (Open)   Here comes the Rain (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Here comes the Rain (Open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next