Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Enforcers of Order Arc - Tome I

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male
Number of posts : 2610
Rep! : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Enforcers of Order Arc - Tome I Empty
PostSubject: Enforcers of Order Arc - Tome I   Enforcers of Order Arc - Tome I EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 6:42 am

The time has finally come. Since my creation, I have been trained for one thing. I have lived to serve one purpose. For years, I did not know what that purpose was, but as my form grew, I continued to get stronger. I continued to challenge my friends and rivals in the Land of Trials until this day would arrive. I stand in formation in front of my squad. There are 16 others behind me. Most of us started our training cycles here at the Academy together. We have been a great many challenges and hardships together, training, fighting, and learning about nearly every aspect of battle and strategy in order to stand here. Many have fallen along this journey, but we have remained. The audience is filled with spectators and "families" of the recruits here. This day is our Graduation from the Heavenly Knights Academy.

All of us stand here in ceremonial armor that has been polished to radiance. Our wings remain tucked behind our backs and carefully groomed along with our respective hairstyles. My hair, for instance, is normally loose and flowing behind me, but for the ceremony, it was braided back with my bangs hanging in front of me. Our armor is white, silver, and gold with different jewels embedded in it to accent the designs and crests that each of us bear. Having endured our training and pass all of our final tests and Rites, we are ready. Still, our instructors stand atop the stage flanking the Head Knight Instructor, so I know they are watching us closer than others.

I can feel the excitement and anticipation of those behind me. A mental message is sent to all of them telling them not to break discipline and stand firm. They tighten up their stances and ensure that none of them are smiling or looking around. Our squad has a reputation to uphold and I am not about to see it weaken now that we are standing before everyone for the final ceremony. My eyes remain locked on the Head Knight Instructor that stands on the stage before us addressing the graduating class as a whole. My mind begins to wander as he rambles about the process and such. None of this mattered to me. I wanted this unnecessary ceremony to be over so that we could receive our orders. I was ready to do my part in order to serve the Will of the Watchers. I would protect this realm and the Realm of Mortals should I be ordered to do so.

Now the Head Knight begins addressing specific squads. While most of the squads here consists of several diverse "families" called Soullines, my squad did not. Each of us were identified as having a rare soulline essence. The essence of this soulline is not one that can be bestowed upon a potential "carrier", but has to be part of one's creation. We were specifically placed together and trained as a small company of our soulline members. Our training was different and more rigorous than other squads. We received far less rest and we received harsher punishments when mistakes were made. It made us stronger, tougher, but also isolated us. We depended on one another for everything and supported and protected one another, but we also challenged each other and pushed each other, always vying to see who was stronger or faster in battle. We possessed a very healthy competitive nature. The dynamic was quite amazing now that I reflect on it. As our cycles progress over the years, we watched as our numbers began to dwindle under the increasing pressure applied by our instructors. While other squads continued to grow and bring in new recruits, we proceeded without replacements. There were originally 3 squads of us each with a squad leader and 12 cadets. My own squad was not without loss. Some fell during missions. Others were lost to training. The majority simply were not strong enough with the essence. When squads had to be disbanded, the remaining members were assimilated into the other groups.

Finally, the Graduation Ceremony draws to a close with recognition of the individual units. Afterwards, we are acknowledged as members of the Heavenly Knights. When applause and greetings begin, the squad does not break formation as we await our Instructors' arrival. When they come to stand before us, we all drop to a knee in respect. They congratulate us themselves and tell us that they are very pleased with our accomplishments. One of my brethren inquires as to whether or not we have received our orders. The Senior Instructor nods and tells us that there is one final rite that we must pass before we will receive them. I nod to them and tell them that the squad is ready.

They take us over to the Temple of the Watchers and show us to the Spring of Purity. The Senior Instructor tells me to enter the spring first. I obey and walk into the spring. Feeling the silver flames cover my form, I am actually intrigued by the whole ordeal. This is not the first time that we had been brought here, but the person we witnessed being placed in the spring was afraid and seemed to be in a great deal of pain. I remain in the spring until each of my brethren have entered. The Senior Instructor nods to us and speaks, "You have done well and now it is with honor and joy that I welcome you to the Kunashi Faction. Your training had to be harder and more difficult than the other because there are times when you will be called upon to bring a fallen Knight to justice as our charge is simple, my young pupils... we remove all that threatens the peace and order of Koutaku-shi. This is what you were created by the Watchers to do. You are the Enforcers of Order. Each of you will be assigned to a unit around the region and there you will continue your training and serve the Will of the Watchers as a Kunashi Kami. Here are your orders."

Each member of the squad steps out of the spring and is handed their orders except for me. As they seem to exit the spring, different symbols appear on their face or forehead. Still standing in the spring, now alone, I inquire as to the reason behind my exclusion, "Mastara..." He looks at me and nods, "Your orders are different. You caught the attention of someone important within our ranks, so they are giving you special orders. You will report to the Inquisitor's Temple inside the Kunashi Shi. There you will meet the Inquisitor that you will serve. You are to be her shield and her weapon. Allow no harm to come to her and carry out her orders with honor." I bow and salute, "Let the Watchers' Will be done, Mastara. I will not fail you or my brethren." Stretching out my wings and lifting off into the air, a runic symbol appears over my right eye and I nod once more before flying off towards the Kunashi Shi.

1258 words
Quest: Heath of Purification - Complete
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Enforcers of Order Arc - Tome I   Enforcers of Order Arc - Tome I EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 1:54 pm

Within the Inquisitor’s Temple, she waits for his impending
arrival. Knowing the graduation ceremony by heart and the purification ritual
that would follow before orders were passed out among the squad, she knew to
expect his form to grace the temple entrance at any moment. As a general rule
Inquisitor’s do not attend the ceremonies. For some of the newest Heavenly
Knights, these beings charged with hunting, capturing, and interrogating any
and all threats to the peace of this realm inspire what begins as a healthy
dose of nerves to become something that could potentially ruin the entire rite
of passage. Out of respect, most Inquisitors respectfully decline the
invitation to be present, usually by saying there are more pressing matters to
attend to… which is exactly what she had said a few hours before.

As an Inquisitor she had been trained for very specific purposes. Her strengths
are exclusive to the magics of white with rudimentary training in the art of
defense. She is not trained for hand to hand combat or any form of weaponry.
Very few of her ilk ever are. They are for support and interrogation, which is
why they have a need for someone of great strength to be their shield and
weapon. Having recently lost her former companion, this particular Inquisitor
had taken a special interest in the latest squad of Kunashi cadets. They were
known to make the most worthy enforcers and that is exactly what she needed. Of
course just any old cadet would never do for her… no, she had to have the squad
leader, the one who could reign in his squad, calm the unit effortlessly, and
still manage to perform well in every training exercise. If he could handle an
entire squad of cadets, he should have no trouble handling her.

Standing before the great altar in the main room of the Temple, she is just
finishing up her daily devotions… asking for the strength to face her enemies,
the compassion to face her friends, and the wisdom to know the difference…
while adding a brief prayer that her new enforcer proves to be as skilled as he
appeared to be. With her head bowed toward the altar, her hair flowing freely
down the back of her pristine robes, she is the very image of piety. This
common assumption is one that has led to much of her success as an Inquisitor.
When one sees a lamb approach, they never expect that lamb to become a lion
before their very eyes. 422
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Enforcers of Order Arc - Tome I   Enforcers of Order Arc - Tome I EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 7:12 pm

My wings flap twice more before my body begins to descend to the gates of the Kunashi Shi. This place is a wonder to one such as myself. The history and tales that we learned about the Kunashi Shi as well as the Kami that have and continue to call it home. Landing before the guards, I look at his high walls and the barrier shield around it with amazement. As if the ceremonial armor and fresh Symbol of Grace over my eyes were not enough, my awe struck gaze at standing before the Kunashi Shi would be enough to inform the guards of my status. One of the gate guards smiles at me probably recalling his own Graduation. He speaks to get my attention, "Congratulations, Cadet." I knew this prank as I had witnessed it on one of my field exercises with the Mastara. "Cadet no longer." I grin at the Gate Guard and he nods approvingly. "Where is the rest of your squad?" I reply back informing him that I was given orders separate from my brothers. I extend them to him and he takes them. He looks at the orders and glances over at me. "So you are to be the new Sikari (hunter)? Good luck. You will need it."

He hands me my orders back after telling me where to go and I walk inside. So it would seem that this Inquisitor had a reputation for difficulty. Then I had better not keep her waiting. Taking to flight again, I proceed forward following his instructions, before I come to a large temple like structure. Stopping my flight, I could feel the energy surrounding this place. So truly intoxicating to the senses. There is so much life and devotion in this place. It is incredible. I fly down to the entrance of the Temple and the guards look at me before nodding and stepping aside. They weren't even going to ask for my orders? How do they know that I am not a Violator come to break out one of my fallen brethren. I remember that training exercise back at the Academy. I enjoyed it a lot. I head inside the temple and an acolyte greets me and tells me to follow her. Seeing no reason not to, I follow after her. She takes me to the Great Altar where there are multiple people in robes and armor making their midday devotions to the Watchers. So which one of them is to be my Inquisitor. Uh oh... I was in such a rush to get my orders that I forgot to inquire as to what salutation, I should address her wish. Do I call her by her title, does she have a rank, or do I simply refer to her as Mastara? Damn, think, Mukhya... how do I address the Inquisitor? All this is going thru my mind as I stand off to the side of the altar about 10 paces back.

530/1038
Quest: Heath of Purification (750)
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Enforcers of Order Arc - Tome I   Enforcers of Order Arc - Tome I EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 7:54 pm

By the time she was finished with her devotions, Senior Inquisitor Vapula knew her new enforcer had arrived. It had little to do with sensing his presence, it was more of a change in atmosphere within the atrium that houses the Great Altar. There was unfamiliar blood within these walls, blood those around her were unconsciously reacting to. Turning from the altar, her gray eyes find the acolyte and the man so obviously out of place here. Crossing the atrium with silent steps, the only sound being that of her robes against the marble floor, Vapula thanks the acolyte before sending her on her way. She already knew what this young man looked like, she'd observed him from afar for a while now, but still she took a moment to survey him in silence. When she was satisfied that he would do, her eyes rise to his face with the barest hint of a smile. "Congratulations on joining the ranks of the Kunashi Kami. Follow me to my chambers where we can better acquaint ourselves." 175
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Enforcers of Order Arc - Tome I   Enforcers of Order Arc - Tome I EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 8:17 pm

Upon her approach, I had thought to kneel in respect, but her mere presence made me question if that is appropriate. I cannot fail or embarrass my instructors, so I merely stand firm at attention and when she arrives, my hand forms into a fist and moves diagonally to collide with my left pectoral in salute and I lower my head to await further instructions. Regardless of me no longer being a cadet, I am still a significant junior in this capacity and I would show the proper respect. When she offers her congratulations, I nod to her. When she tells me to follow her, I nod again and speak, "As you command, Inquisitor." The glow of my eyes is suppressed as I keep my head lowered following her steps by tracking instinct more than sight. I am making it a point to memorize her spirit signature so that I can find her should she ever need me. It would also allow me to recognize her vs the illusion and disguise scenarios. I wanted to ask her about the temple guards and why they just allowed me to pass as it raised concerns in my mind about her safety. Inquisitors surely make adversaries and if it is my duty to ensure the safety of my Inquisitor... put it from my mind for now. It's not like I can speak unless first spoken to anyway. I will simply wait for the opportunity to present itself.

255/1293
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Enforcers of Order Arc - Tome I   Enforcers of Order Arc - Tome I EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 8:53 pm

Heading off down the hallway that leads off the right side of the open atrium, Vapula's soundless steps pave the way toward her chamber door, approximately two thirds of the length down. Opening the door, she would wait for him to enter before closing and securing it behind him. Once inside, the Inquisitor directs the young graduate to a seat opposite from hers which is nestled behind a large wooden writing table. "Please have a seat and make yourself comfortable. I am Senior Inquisitor Vapula and within these four walls I grant you permission to speak openly and honestly. We cannot work well together unless we can trust each other implicitly." Settling herself into her chair, she would fall silent to wait for his response, which hopefully would include a proper introduction on his part. 136
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Enforcers of Order Arc - Tome I   Enforcers of Order Arc - Tome I EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 9:58 pm

Walking behind her, she is so graceful with her movements. I follow in silence before stopping at the chamber door. I walk up to the door and scan the area. Walking inside, I note the writing table and bookshelf with scrolls set on top of it. Walking over to the chair, I remain standing until she takes her seat. Sitting down after her, I look at her with a lukewarm expression. "Forgive me if I have displease you, Inquisitor. I will carry out all commands that I am given. I will not fail you, Inquisitor. That you can trust. It is my duty to ensure the success of your missions, so I will do all in my power to make that so. As for your invitation to speak freely, I will try. Is there something in particular that the Inquisitor wishes to discuss?" My eyes close as I feel a twinge in my head. Her surface thought had come into my mind since I still have not quite gotten mastery of my psychic powers just yet. Realizing that I had not obeyed my manners, I drop to a knee with my wings positioned at an 45 degree angle to my rear. "My apologies for the lack of manners. I am called Mukhya, Inquisitor. I was the Squad Leader of the Mond Dia Squad and I am now here to serve as your Sikari." How could I forget to introduce myself?! Relax, Mukhya. You can recover from this. Just wait until you go out on a mission and that is when she will see your true worth. Exactly! Everything will be fine, so long as she does not dismiss me now.

304/1597
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Enforcers of Order Arc - Tome I   Enforcers of Order Arc - Tome I EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 1:29 am

Leaning forward, a full smile curving her lips now, Vapula rests a hand upon his bowed shoulder. "Mukhya, please rise from the floor and take your seat. There is no need for such formal displays within this chamber. Not only must we learn to trust each other, we must find a way to be comfortable in each others company." She would pause long enough for him to rise and retake his seat before stressing her point once more. "If I am to rely on you as my Sikari I must feel that I can interact with you without everything being based upon formality. There will be times when I need your input, and I must know that you are comfortable enough to speak truthfully, no matter if the truth is what i wish to hear or not. I have many strengths but strategy, defense, and offense are not among them. That is why I requested you, of all on your squad, I saw what I needed in you, Mukhya. Do you understand?" 172
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Enforcers of Order Arc - Tome I   Enforcers of Order Arc - Tome I EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 4:26 pm

I expected to be met with lash, but it was not so. I expected to be reprimanded for my failure to show proper manners, but it was not so. I find myself in a position that had grown all too unfamiliar... I am unsure of what to do. This could be a test of sorts to see if I would drop my guard thus exposing a weakness. Tho if she is sincere, in not relaxing, I would risk disobedience. I do not know what to do. I rise to my feet as commanded and sit. The look of frustration trying to remain hidden from my gaze as she addresses me further. My eyes rise to meet hers as I listen. When she finishes, it would be my time to respond, "Inquisitor, I wish to obey but my training has made me your weapon. Friendship is something we have always forged in battle. I have yet to learn another way. Anything you ask of me, I will try to accomplish. I will speak as you command. You need not worry about your safety. I WILL protect you. You need not worry about your adversaries. I will continue to grow stronger and I WILL neutralize all of them. You also need not worry about my counsel in matters of strategy and tactical maneuvering. Whatever you shall need, Inquisitor, command and see the task done." I pause for a moment before asking, "I believe I have a solution, if you will entertain it, Inquisitor. Common ground is what I used to bring my squad closer together. We would all sit down and discuss what brought us to where we were and what motivated us to proceed forward. In doing so, we would learn more about each other and about how to better serve the Will of the Watchers as we knew where shortcomings may arise and how to compliment them." I look up at her with confidence at my suggestion. It was of benefit to me as I need to know what drove her, so that I could understand her decision making for the future and be able to anticipate what she would do.

385/1982
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Enforcers of Order Arc - Tome I   Enforcers of Order Arc - Tome I EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 12:15 am

OOC: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! That is all I have to say.

Listening to the young man speak, she figures that this is the best she can hope for, at least for the time being. Perhaps there is a chance he will come around in the future, if he lasts that long of course. As he goes on to mention his suggestion, Vapula can almost feel herself blanch at the idea of telling such personal things to this man she just met. In the spirit of good faith, not wanting him to feel that his suggestion was not accepted for any reason, she ponders over her words for a moment before speaking. "What brought me here was breeding, I come from a long line of Inquisitors and was always expected to follow suit when I completed my training, which was focused on the skills to perfect this art from the very beginning. What keeps me here, motivates me to proceed forward as you say, is an ingrained sense of duty. This is as much my position in life as it is the core aspect of my very being. Were I not an Inquisitor, were I not successful at my duty, I think I would cease to exist." Now it was his turn to share, to do his part in building the common ground between them. 213
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Enforcers of Order Arc - Tome I   Enforcers of Order Arc - Tome I EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 4:26 am

Breeding? This concept is somewhat foreign to me. Perhaps it is a form of training. One that does not focus on martial prowess but rather on personal prowess. Her reasoning is sound enough though. When we are created, the young are often given to mentors who will raise and guide those created as younglings. I have heard tales of kamikonjou that were created as full grown adults to fulfill a specific purpose. I was not one of those creations and apparently neither was she. Now thinking about it, it is quite fascinating to contemplate how the Watchers know who to create and when. As she continues speaking, my theory about breeding is correct. It was indeed her training. Nodding to her, I find a deeper understanding of the woman whom I am to serve. I respond in kind, "I see. For me, it was just as simple. When I was created as a youngling by the Watchers, I was given to the Academy. I was taught the history and importance of martial arts first, tho I was told that I displayed quite the aptitude for the Spiritual Arts as well as using my mind to accomplish many tasks. My motivation is knowing that my sacrifices and deeds help to maintain order here in this realm and that I am fulfilling the Will of the Watchers." I fall silent for a moment before I inquire, "How often do you or we I suppose receive missions, Inquisitor?" I find this to be pertinent information so that I can know how frequently, I will be able to train outside of missions in a more traditional setting like the Kunashi Shi Dojo that I have heard about. It would also prepare me for the amount of work that would be expected of me. It probably wouldn't be daily like in training, but I figure there will be times when the assignments are so close together that it seems that way.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Enforcers of Order Arc - Tome I   Enforcers of Order Arc - Tome I EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 3:37 pm

Ah, so there is common ground between the two of them, she supposed that would help them find a way to work together... as long as he didn't poke at her too often for personal information they should work together just fine. She is pleased when he shifts the topic of discussion to the frequency of missions, this is a topic she has no hesitation in covering. "Missions do not come in on any sort of schedule. There will be times when we work them one right after another and then there will be times when we will have time to ourselves in between. Usually they are assigned as they come to whichever inquisitor is not currently working on something. There are rare occasions when a specific Inquisitor will be assigned a mission based on prior knowledge of the target or on certain skills that are needed. Our first mission will be one of those, but it can wait until tomorrow so that you may enjoy what is left of your graduation day." 173
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Enforcers of Order Arc - Tome I   Enforcers of Order Arc - Tome I EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 4:52 pm

Her last words imply that we already have a mission on deck and that excites me more than sitting around drinking tea or wine and talking about training exercises or playing strategy games against one another. If not that, then I would probably just go to the Dojo to train and while I am excited about that opportunity, I figure that during these down times, I will have more than enough time to do such. Responding to her, I control my emotions to speak calmly, "We do not have to wait on my account, Inquisitor. I have spent the last 25 years in training and while I am told that most take longer, I am ready to begin serving the Kunashi Faction and you, Inquisitor. Graduation is merely a formality. Besides, my brethren have undoubtedly left for their posts already. We were taught to celebrate successful missions, not a ceremony. That is the Kunashi Way, is it not?"

I hold back the excitement of a real mission. My excitement also blocks out a very important piece of information that takes a little while to register properly. She said that there are times when a specific Inquisitor is given a mission due to prior knowledge of the target. So it is true and not just a part of training. There are times when you will be forced to hunt your brethren. This had to be difficult on her. I cannot make her appear weak, so I make no reference to it. I would simply await her decision in silence.

271/2579
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Enforcers of Order Arc - Tome I   Enforcers of Order Arc - Tome I EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 11:25 pm

"I suppose it is." She answered thoughtfully after the young man made his point. Truth be told, she wasn't looking forward to this mission, there were conflicting thoughts tied to it. None of which included a single doubt about the justification of the hunt, he had fallen from grace and so shall be punished for it, but it is never so cut and dry when you have personally watched the fall take place. Especially not when you have spent hours looking back and seeing all the warning signs you should have caught. They had been there, all along, but she had never paid enough attention to piece them together. There had been comments, shadows that crossed his angelic face, hesitations on their last few missions, all of these should have alarmed her, yet she passed them off as other things every time. This job especially carries a high risk for joining the fallen, when you come into contact with them on every mission, hear their pleas and their truths, you risk being tainted by what they swear is a better life. Balfour had been tainted, though Vapula could not begin to pinpoint when it had begun. When looking back she realized it had been going on much longer than she originally thought possible, which is why this mission weighed so heavily on her shoulders. She should have seen it coming, should have alerted her superiors before he broke away and embraced the fall. She was his Inquisitor and should have known he was changing before her very eyes.

"Our target for this mission is Balfour. I am sure the name will be familiar at the very least for you. Not many know that he is being hunted, the knowledge could potentially cause more chaos given his record and reputation. Much like you, he was a stand out at the Academy, trained from creation in the very path you have been groomed for. He was chosen to take up this duty on his graduation day as well, and he performed well above the others of his station for decades. Since I have told you he is our target you now know that he has fallen from grace, turned his back on the Will of the Watchers, and has abandoned the Inquisitor he swore to protect. That Inquisitor was me, you are his replacement, and together we will be his captors." She paused here to let this information sink in for a moment. It could be a lot to process at first. His predecessor was not only a sort of legend, one emulated at the Academy, but now he had chosen a path away from the Light and they were charged with hunting him down and bringing him to justice. 458
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Enforcers of Order Arc - Tome I   Enforcers of Order Arc - Tome I EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:32 pm

Balfour? I have heard this name before. I was often compared to him, but how is that possible? I have never heard of a Kunashi falling from grace. They die gloriously in service to their superiors and to the Will of the Watchers. Still, if he is the target then he is just that. He is nothing more than a violator that needs to be discretely captured. I definitely do not wish to sully the name or reputation of such a great kami. I just wish that I could understand why our brethren fall from grace and wish that I could find the root of it all and stamp it out with no mercy. Nodding my head with my resolve hardened to the task, "Before we leave, I will need to know where he spent a great deal of his time and where he had the majority of his contacts. I also need to know his interests and favorite hobbies. I need to understand him in order to find him for you. How did Balfour fall, Inquisitor?" There was little softness in my voice as I pose my questions as there was no room for such. I had questions that needed answers in order for me to do my job for her and my underlying hope is that my cold demeanor toward the whole ordeal would help her steel herself as well. It was not easy to hunt a friend especially one that had served you for a long time. That was the one exercise that when I first took it, I nearly failed it. My brethren aided me as I was able to track down and locate my target, but our relationship was that of brother in arms. He had saved me in that scenario and the individual was as close as one could have gotten to me so I could not bring myself to execute him and I left the task to one of my squad members. I was punished for showing weakness. My kami brother who played the enemy told me never to hesitate as one of my squad members could have been killed and instead of losing one brother, I could have easily lost two. That thought has stayed with me since then. The thought of weakness costing me a second brother when I could have simply neutralized one to save many more. He also told me that unless a Lethal Capture Order (LCO) has been released on a target, then I do not have to be the one to execute them. I can simply capture them and turn them over to an Inquisitor. He was older and thus more knowledge being two training cycles ahead of my own squad. I learned a great deal from him. A great deal that I would know have to put to use.

500/3079
Nalco Quest: Knightly Mission
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Enforcers of Order Arc - Tome I   Enforcers of Order Arc - Tome I EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 9:18 pm

Seeing the young man hardened himself to the facts of the mission does make it somewhat easier for Vapula to do the same for the sake of duty. Without even bothering to glance down to the file open in front of her, she takes a single, calming breath then answers his inquiries. "His time was pretty evenly split between a few places. The Dojo, the library here in the Temple, this room, and his personal quarters. As far as hobbies go, he was serious about his training, tried to keep it to as regular a schedule as possible, he spent a good deal of time researching and studying here in the library, he said that reading the words of former Inquisitors helped him formulate better mission strategies for me, here when not preparing for an active mission, he and I would analyze past or hypothetical scenarios or discuss new ideas that could possibly make future missions easier. At home I do not know all of what he did, though I do know he found peace in needlepoint. That piece on the far wall is one of his most recent works." She pointed behind the young man to a landscape piece framed on the other side of the room. There was nothing spectacular about it, except that is was a familiar area of rolling hills not too far away.

After falling silent to gaze at the framed needlepoint for a moment, the Inquisitor continued with her answers. "Aside from those Balfour interacted with at the Dojo, at home, and here at the Temple, his main contact with anyone was on our missions. He would have to listen to the targets as we transported them back here for interrogation and punishment. In hindsight I can see that these trips wore heavy on him, that he would appear weary after the most vocal of targets was delivered to the containment area. They would rant on and on about there is so much more to life than what we know... though it was always like this, it still is. Every target has the same argument for the most part, and Balfour never seemed to be affected by their words for many years. But as I look back, I now see that this changed at some point, when the weariness began to show at the end of missions, when he would actively engage the targets, ask them questions. At the time I thought he was asking them to try and get them to say something different, hearing the same stuff over and over is very tedious, I thought he simply wanted to hear something new... It never occurred to me that he was picking up pointers or adjusting his own plans." 456
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Enforcers of Order Arc - Tome I   Enforcers of Order Arc - Tome I EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 7:03 pm

Looking at the tapestry, I observe closely at the piece trying to find something out of place or omitted. Find some aspect that received more or less emphasis. The location itself drew much to be wondered. "Do you know where this location is, Inquisitor?" While my hunch might be off, I figure the location in this tapestry and the surrounding area will be a good starting location to investigate for clues. It made perfect sense to me that training would be a major part of his life and routine as does spending time with his Inquisitor, so that doesn't give me much to go on. Well actually, just in case this hunt turns physical, I inquire, "What can you tell me about Balfour's fighting style? What weapons does he use? Is he known to go for the neutralization strike or more subduing his targets peacefully. I need to understand how he thinks so that I can both find him and so I can keep you safe." It is funny to me that as I hear myself speak, I hear my instructors' words replaying as they instructed us in our Tracking and Investigation training. Those sessions were high impact and I would have to use all of that to locate her former Sikari. A fresh, new predator hunting his predecessor. Well, I always have loved challenges.

I stop for a moment to listen to her tell me more about his more recent missions and affairs and I had been told about this during my training. Nodding my head, I reply, "That was a part of my training. Our instructors showed us often the face and actions of the fallen. We would hear their true feelings inside and while some maintained strong exteriors, they were afraid inside or their corruption was far darker and deeper than what they showed. They told us about Yochi and the different things that they encountered while there, but this base pleasures as they called them are worthless. They do not aid Koushi and they are not in accordance with the Will of the Watchers. The Fallen harm the mortals by allowing themselves to be tainted and refusing purification. One of my comrades who possessed the gift of foresight warned that if such corruption continued that it would lead to Koushi abandoning the mortals of Yochi to their own fates and destruction. I believe we should begin our search there." I point to the tapestry hanging on the far side of the room.

437/3516
Nalco Quest: Knightly Mission
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Enforcers of Order Arc - Tome I   Enforcers of Order Arc - Tome I Empty

Back to top Go down

Enforcers of Order Arc - Tome I
Page 1 of 1