Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

H2H Questions

Go down 
+26
Ethereal
Jherit
Tsukai
Antifreke
Strayed
Rei
Kazakura
Themeless
Datorru
ero
DarkKnightCecil
Surreal SaDiablo
Kaguyalover
Dwem
Psi Prince
LittleMariko
Broken
Lydeck
Hara
Kiun
KyroShiori
rekoa
яuиє
¤Hıgúré¤
ShinTre_Admin
aѕceпxion
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

H2H Questions - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 12:31 am

First topic message reminder :

I'll start off:

What control level is your starting technique?

Last edited by escalation on Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle

Number of posts : 2610
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:27 pm

I got a lil more than enough and lil less than too much. Will that work?
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3438
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 8:46 am

$104,986 should do it
Back to top Go down
https://wotr.rpg-board.net
ShinTre_Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 10:01 am

if you really wanted a serious answer and you wanted to "BUY" a legitimate programmer... the job on the job page for a support specilist is about 2k a week. a 6 month contract should be enough for the job, so take 2k x # of programmers x 12 (weeks in 6 months) and that'll give you a realistic number. m022
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male
Number of posts : 3978
Rep! : 82

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 2:29 pm

I have a question related to combat and junk.. well questions xD. First off, is there a limit to the number attacks you are able to do in a post. And I already know there would be a limit on doing like fifty million in a post. The next question deals with magic vs melee. I read the magic over powering magic thing but what about magic over powering melee attacks and vise versa, would it work the same way, if a strong magic attack was hit by an average melee, would the magic win or what?
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male
Number of posts : 2610
Rep! : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 6:58 pm

Magic vs melee would be more difficult b/c a fierce punch wouldn't overpower a strong area attack... meaning the size of the magic or melee attack. Like a single fireball isn't going to overpower "Sonic Flurry" or a similar ability that sends several "physical" attacks at you. Honestly, the numbers/attributes are relative to the RP action. If it can make sense then it's a good idea.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 11:44 am

The first question has been answered a few times; you're able to attack as much as you like in a post unless it's a transformation or technique that states it takes a post. This leaves you open to being interrupted as well as commits your character's actions making it less likely for you to counter attack if interrupted.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female
Number of posts : 2042
Rep! : 61
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 9:32 pm

Hey, can I get some specifics on what "blessing" a weapon and "cursing" a weapon does?
Like... do you do +1 damage against spirits or something?
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 9:37 pm

Quote :
Fyreball
TEXP: 2
Creates and projects a red orb of swirling fire energy.
Effect: damage is Medium

Watyr Strike
TEXP: 2
Projects a stream of pressurized water from the user that pushes back a target.
Effect: damage is Medium
Let's say Attack A was magixal ability wherein magix is "projected" at an opponent. Would Attack A count as a projectile in such an instance?
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male
Rep! : 29

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 9:20 am

Hey, can I get some specifics on what "blessing" a weapon and "cursing" a weapon does?
Like... do you do +1 damage against spirits or something?
it's basically like a poison dmg. i thought i put it somewhere on the site, just not sure where xD if it's not on the site, i'll clarify. it might do that thingy like the tags where the attack decreases the demon/spirit's def attribute to that of a human, etc

et's say Attack A was magixal ability wherein magix is "projected" at an opponent. Would Attack A count as a projectile in such an instance?
is that a trick question? projected is projected. the only diff between them is the type of projection. i.e. mechanical, magical, hand, etc.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 4:21 pm

I has a weapons question... cause you can never have to many guns! I was wondering how you would go about getting new weapons, not so much custom ones but simply new ones. I know you can ask Toot for weapons but is their other ways to get weapons?
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 7:19 am

I suppose you don't mean by buying them from the site stores?
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 10:31 am

you mean u want me to make more guns? o.O i thought i covered all the basics xD
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 8:53 pm

Yeah, more guns >_> Grenade launchers, rocket launchers, smgs... lmgs.... maybe some normal grenades.... pump actions *could go on...*

Anyways, I have another question of great importance. It deals with my character lance and his ability to wield a sword while in his woylf form. I asked before and the answer you gave me, I thought, was a yes to the fact that he could, but now with everything that's going on on the forms, the ability to wield a sword while in woylf form has been drawn into question. From a logical stand point, and if my view of a woylf is not different from yours, they would be able to wield a melee weapon like a sword and even do other things like melee attacks and the such. So perhaps you could make it clear as to how this will go down?
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 9:09 pm

BTW, this is the convo we had
Quote :
Fuck it, I quit says:
*oh
*I have no clue, but lance could delever a destructive+ attack x.x
Little Kitsu [Tvoita maika sushto] says:
*how?

Fuck it, I quit says:
*use a sword during the full moon, or some form of melee attack that dmaage is boosted by +2
*you can't use a sword during full moon
*you can't use melee pack during a full moon either

Fuck it, I quit says:
*oh, why is that?
*it's not considered a "humanoid form"
*and you have to be in humanoid form to use those packs

Fuck it, I quit says:
*Iv already asked before..
*I asked if the transformation was still humanoid and I got a yeah
*"why in the world would something (woylf) with those stats be carrying a sword?... that's just dumb"
- Shin, in that thread we're in

Fuck it, I quit says:
*Yes, I seen that
*where did he tell you woylfs were humanoid?

Fuck it, I quit says:
*Let me go look it up, and before I even asked, I looked up what a humanoid was
*Me: Alright, here comes a hard one Twisted Evil . Since a woylf, while in its werewolf form would still be humanoid would it be able to wield weapons, I can understand not being able to wield guns but what I'm wondering is would they be able to wield bladed weapons like swords and the like.

Shin: ya, swords and sword-chuks should be fine
*https://wotr.rpg-board.net/site-help-f69/h2h-questions-t169-200.htm
*lol, the twisted evil is an emote
*conflicting informatoin? >_>
*one moment
Fuck it, I quit says:
*ok
*you phrased the question wrong
*i.e. if you cannot use guns, you cannot use swords
*he answered you in a hurry, but yea
Fuck it, I quit says:
*o.o Huh
*if you can't use a gun, you can't use a sword
*both of those require a human form
*plus, that'd contradict the woylf race description
Fuck it, I quit says:
*humanoid form
*I looked into what a 'humanoid' is before asking, and if the woylf is what I am thinking, it would still be humanoid
*the only way I see it not being humanoid is if it turned into a four legged wolf
*These creatures are the animalistic cousins to the Vaspires who also change at night. The merger of a human and this type of Onugi create a feral beast with enhanced abilities that resemble a mix between a human and a canine when in its Woylf form . Since the Onugi are weakened by daylight, the Woylf form can only be invoked at night, therefore a Woylf will resemble a human during the day and something very different at night. They are drawn by the strength of the moon and are naturally enchanted by it. Those few are able to keep their senses about them, generally Woylves give into their baser instincts and enjoy howling among other things to release tension.
Fuck it, I quit says:
*The term more generally refers to any being whose body structure resembles that of a human, including upright stance and bipedalism. This includes anthropomorphic creatures in mythology as well as humanoid robots, especially in the context of science fiction and fantasy fiction. An android or gynoid is a humanoid robot designed to look like a male or female human, respectively, although the words are frequently perceived to be synonymous.
*did you get that from the site?
Fuck it, I quit says:
*No, actualy I got it from the wiki defenition of humanoid
*then it's irrelevant
Fuck it, I quit says:
*When they are transformed, they would still be humanoid, that is unless they changed into an actual wolf. They still possess the traits of a humanoid, hands, legs, fingers, are bipeadel, etc
*did you get that from the site?
Fuck it, I quit says:
*no, i got it from logic
*well, it's opposite the description on the site
*that I c/ped
*brb
*ok back. Anyways, we aren't going off your definition of a werewolf, we're going on the site description of a woylf. Where in that description does it specify that they're still human-like enough to use a gun?
Fuck it, I quit says:
*ok, is this what a woylf would look like? https://media.photobucket.com/image/werewolf/Clyde-Aventura/Werewolf.jpg
*Did you get that picture from the site?
Fuck it, I quit says:
*No, but that isn't the point, or what is called into question
*then it's irrelevant
*you haven't answered my question
Fuck it, I quit says:
*IF the woylf had hands, then it wouldn't be able to hold anything, BUT if it does have hands, then it would be able to hold a wide range of things, including melee weapons
*The discription dosent even say what it looks like at night, it just says something different
*'different
* can mean a ide range of things
*wide*
*but does it not say "beast" in the description?
*beast is the opposite of humanoid
Fuck it, I quit says:
*it says 'feral beast'
*exactly
*beasts cannot shoot guns or hold swords
*by site definitions
*but, you can repost the question if you really think Shin meant what he said
Fuck it, I quit says:
*blah
*/hug it's ok, you can still use your stuff in human form
Fuck it, I quit says:
*I has issue now
*Mmm? Did it mess up your strategy?
Fuck it, I quit says:
*pretty much i guess *shrug*
*pretty much scrweed me over on some things
*well, that's ok. Remember when I got screwed by the whole chanting onikonjou thing?
*just point out that it was manager error and ask for some accomodations
*so you can get a new strategy

Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 12:42 am

Everyone's pretty much commented on this as stating it to be retarded at some point in time on the site. If you look at it, Woylf have hands, as do monkies, but when you think about swordsmanship and the description it gives, you figure there has to be somewhat of a precision technique involved with it rather than the technicality of the course ability to slash at someone or something with a weapon. I wouldn't think a werewolf would have the arm flexibility to properly wield a sword, much less the rationale and poise, since 'beasts' and 'animals' are rarely described as having intelligence or finesse. If this passes, there's really no reason a beast mode oni couldn't take on a saiyan bushido-monkey form and use an oblivion blade, tree, or flag pole as a weapon on an epic scale and go toe to body with a human trained in martial weapon combat.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 11:29 am

To be fair, Talbain looks pretty badarse with his nunchucks
H2H Questions - Page 6 Talbain-win4
It's only a taunt, though, he doesn't use them at all while he's fighting because,
you know... he has fangs and claws and energy attacks and can do an uppercut with his teeth...
Come to think of it, I've never seen a werewolf use weapons in any movies/games...

H2H Questions - Page 6 Talbain-stalk
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 9:12 am

Quote :
Yeah, more guns >_> Grenade launchers, rocket launchers, smgs... lmgs.... maybe some normal grenades.... pump actions *could go on...*

Anyways, I have another question of great importance. It deals with my character lance and his ability to wield a sword while in his woylf form. I asked before and the answer you gave me, I thought, was a yes to the fact that he could, but now with everything that's going on on the forms, the ability to wield a sword while in woylf form has been drawn into question. From a logical stand point, and if my view of a woylf is not different from yours, they would be able to wield a melee weapon like a sword and even do other things like melee attacks and the such. So perhaps you could make it clear as to how this will go down?
go on... put the weapons ur proposing in the format of the weapons in the shop and list em in the site suggestion board.
to be clear idk. the swordchuck thing was a joke. i kinda just said 'ya' and moved on b/c i didn't really think about it. a lot of ppl are having issues w/this and are bringing up good points. i would prefer weapons be used in human forms for now.
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male
Number of posts : 742
Rep! : 0
Registration date : 2009-10-27

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 2:19 am

So, I was wondering if it was possible to increase a person states from one category to another, not through quests per say like with the possession or other such things, but through normal training and such.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 8:27 am

we don't train stats, so there's currently no way t'make that jump in stat category w/o a class change
some techs give boosts to stats so training them boosts your chars abilities (i.e. the movement and defense pckgs)
Back to top Go down
Kaguyalover
Mystic Moogle
Kaguyalover

Female
Number of posts : 2348
Rep! : 20
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 8:50 am

ShinTre_Admin wrote:
Quote :

go on... put the weapons ur proposing in the format of the weapons in the shop and list em in the site suggestion board.
to be clear idk. the swordchuck thing was a joke. i kinda just said 'ya' and moved on b/c i didn't really think about it. a lot of ppl are having issues w/this and are bringing up good points. i would prefer weapons be used in human forms for now.

say say, wouldn't that kind of thing matter depending how the hand structure of the form is? I mean like >.> if they still have a human similar hand structure the only thing thats really left into question is whether thier thought process would permit for them to hold said weapons?
Back to top Go down
Datorru
Veteran
Datorru

Male
Number of posts : 679
Rep! : 3
Registration date : 2009-02-05

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 6:33 pm

Ok umm the life paths just how far do I have to get in a normal job before I can start?

For example: Im going for Corporation...how far in White collar job do I have to go before I can start the life path?

Second what is the work cost to start a life path?

I see the check point cost but not what it takes to start...

Thanks
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 7:04 pm

Kaguyalover wrote:
say say, wouldn't that kind of thing matter depending how the hand structure of the form is? I mean like >.> if they still have a human similar hand structure the only thing thats really left into question is whether thier thought process would permit for them to hold said weapons?
Well, it doesn't state anywhere in the description that they have human-like hand structure.
Even then, you have to look at creatures like birds. They're very intelligent and have grasping, hand-like structures but they're incapable of the precision movements that people's hands and arms can jointly pull off. Then you have to look at the bone structure. Is the bone structure more wolf-like or more human-like? I'll assume 50/50 for the sake of this argument. Wolves are digitigrade, like...
H2H Questions - Page 6 Canine-front-paw-bones-compare
We'll ignore the lack of thumbs of the dog skeleton and assume that there would be short, opposable thumbs. Their "fingers" only begin to extrude at what would, in a normal human be about halfway down the fingers, and their carpals are much shorter and have pads, etc. to get in the way of precision grasping, as one would need when applying the four pounds of pressure needed to pull the trigger of a gun, or keeping the tight grip needed to hold a sword during a sword fight. But yea, everything being, for all intents and purposes, fused above the middle phalanges (or halfway up the middle phalanges since we're dealing with a perfect 50/50 scenario) I imagine would make it difficult to grasp things with any amount of precision; however, swinging claws would be simple, easy, and effective.

and their shoulder structure is different, like...
H2H Questions - Page 6 Compare-human
Notice how the bone structure of the canine shoulder is only really conducive to up and down movements. Such a limitation, even when diluted to 50% would prove a sizable handicap when it came to swinging a sword any direction but down with any amount of force. This isn't even discussing muscle structure, lack of a collarbone, or any other complications one encounters when you make a digitigrade creature plantigrade.

More relevantly, site physics themselves divide things into 2 classifications, "humanoid" and "beast". In the woylf description:
Quote :
These creatures are the animalistic cousins to the Vaspires who also change at night. The merger of a human and this type of Onugi create a feral beast with enhanced abilities that resemble a mix between a human and a canine when in its Woylf form. Since the Onugi are weakened by daylight, the Woylf form can only be invoked at night, therefore a Woylf will resemble a human during the day and something very different at night. They are drawn by the strength of the moon and are naturally enchanted by it. Those few are able to keep their senses about them, generally Woylves give into their baser instincts and enjoy howling among other things to release tension.
They never mention the woylf having any semblance of a human being when in woylf form (i.e. opposable thumbs; bipedalism; plantigrade feet; trichromatic/full color vision; visual acuity necessary for precision shooting and swinging, since human eyes can pick up about 6 times more detail than canine eyes BEFORE we even get to things like mindset and intelligence), simply that they retain -some- of their human abilities.
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 7:50 pm

Wouldn't it make more sense for a Woylf to be closer to a Werewolf since that is what the description and abilities resemble? Werewolf hands are more human like with the full range of motion that human hands have, they just grow fur and elongated nails become claw like. That seems like it would a be a much simpler explanation than going in to actual wolf or dog comparisons. They aren't turning in to the shaggy dog, they're turning into werewolves. The weapon question shouldn't be focused so much on the hands as it should be the line included in the description: "few are able to keep their senses about them, generally Woylves give into their baser instincts". The real issue should be whether they can keep their senses about them well enough to work a mechanical weapon or use sword abilities.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 8:21 pm

Well, what exactly is a werewolf? Not all werewolves have human-like hands with the full range of motion that human hands have. What you're talking about is the "wolf man" subtype. See http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OurWerewolvesAreDifferent .
The definition of "werewolf" is very subjective and diverse, which is why I started from the ground up with the comparison and why, I assume, that the site has its own description of a werewolf instead of relying on people's assumptions.

So naw, the issue goes deeper than senses, it does get into mechanics.
Back to top Go down
rekoa
Respected Elder
rekoa

Number of posts : 1322
Rep! : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 8:23 pm

It seems stupid to even talk about this b/c a wearwolf using a gun or sword just sounds stupid. I have never seen a movie, or read a book where a wearwolf attacks someone with a gun or sword. And in most movies and stuff when a person turn into a wearwolf they get bigger, and have these big hands with really long fingers and like 3 inch claws. So I go get my nails done and have them put on 2 inch nails... I'm feeling crazy or going to a really nice party. I can't even open a soda can! and holding a gun or a 1 to 2 inch pipe is out of the question.
Back to top Go down
Datorru
Veteran
Datorru

Male

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 8:53 pm

-wonders if his question was skipped in all the madness-
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 9:08 pm

You're all idiots and need to watch "Teen Werewolf" with Michael J. Fox; that's obviously what the site's defintion is based on. But then again, non of that matters since Shin's re-made up his mind; therefore questions to his judgement should go in admin reviews, since non of you actually have valid site questions, since the previous question was blatantly answered.

Quote :
Ok umm the life paths just how far do I have to get in a normal job before I can start? For example: Im going for Corporation...how far in White collar job do I have to go before I can start the life path? Second what is the work cost to start a life path? I see the check point cost but not what it takes to start...Thanks

Your question isn't really correct, as not all paths require a job path to lead into it; just some of them. The path should clearly state in its description what is required in order to take it on. For example, the corporate path specifies, "This path requires a lesser path that moves into it, or the completion of a applicable job path." Another example of the requirements being in the description would be the celebrity path which states "If you finish the Job Path for it you can skip the first two checkpoints, but for other trades, such as sports, etc, the all checkpoints will have to be completed." On top of path requirements, the path should be approved before you start it, so there's no way to mess up starting a path.

Forgive my long windedness; I suppose the short answer to your question is if you want to go corporate, finish one of the recommended Lesser Paths or job paths. By finish, it means reach the last stage. I'm not sure what you mean by "work cost" but I don't think there is any.
Back to top Go down
Datorru
Veteran
Datorru

Male

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 9:31 pm

Sorry did not mean Work cost...ment word cost...I type terribly

and I get it much better now...one last question

This is what the recommended job paths for corperation is: Recommended Job Paths: Corporate, Celebrity, Politics, Crime, Civil Safety, Store, Club or Restaurant Owner.

There is no "Corporate" job path...so im assuming its white collar/buisness
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 9:48 pm

Correct.
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 3:28 am

here is a purely fluff question is it possible to put your chants into a different language (assuming of course you put a OOC translation for it), and then does that go towards other languages like binary or any computer based coding language?
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 6:43 am

Chants are syllable-based so cha. That's what I do with Atilla. Heck, you don't even really have to provide a translation I don't think, but it is polite.
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 3:56 am

alright, third question! For the life paths does it matter which starting job you have, or are some paths mutually exclusive like being a white collar/business job but wanting to pursue the spirit blacksmith life path. Can you do both or does it depend on the job/path you want?

Edit: And a fourth question, I know there is nothing listed on the site, but how much of human folklore/popular culture/superstition is true about spirits and people possessed. Like an obvious example being are the posessed werewolves vulnerable to silver, and a more complex one would be if a normal camera could capture brief glimpses of spirits without one being spiritually aware. (commonly how one sees on a lot of paranormal shows cloudy objects in photographs and all that good stuff)
Back to top Go down
rekoa
Respected Elder
rekoa

Number of posts : 1322
Rep! : 11
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 5:41 am

#3 common since can answer this question. If you want to be a spirit smith then you should pick a job that goes with that... I'm sure a doctor isn't going to work all day then come home to hammer away at some metal or Joe that works down at the docks isn't going to become a Yakuza boss.

#4 umm I think the answer for this one is zero... that cloudy shit you see on camera is just dust...

But that is just what I think.
Back to top Go down
Datorru
Veteran
Datorru

Male

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 6:10 am

Rekoa wrote:
#3 common since can answer this question. If you want to be a spirit smith then you should pick a job that goes with that... I'm sure a doctor isn't going to work all day then come home to hammer away at some metal or Joe that works down at the docks isn't going to become a Yakuza boss.

#4 umm I think the answer for this one is zero... that cloudy shit you see on camera is just dust...

But that is just what I think.

He only asked cause there is no job that even leads to that of a blacksmith. And if a doctor was aware of spirits and wanted to find a way to hard them, he could invent things to hurt spirits aka spirit blacksmith

just saying
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 10:01 am

Well, about question #3 I'm sure for some paths like spirit blacksmith it would start off as just a hobby and small-time gang members would probably have to keep the day job. People still have to eat while they're a novice, after all, but yea, I'm sure it would depend on the path/job in question. Your PWC comes from actually practicing your skill or building towards your goal. A related job just makes it easier because you're killing 2 birds (JC/Money and PWC) with one stone.

And the answer to #4 is as Rekoa said. All of the OOC legends, lore, etc. that aren't mentioned in the race descriptions and the techniques are irrelevant. This is to keep things simple during battle. For example, some legends say you can kill a vampire by stealing his left sock and throwing it in some water, because he'll go after it and drown. That would be horrifically lame for the vaspires. So! Yea, no out-of-site legends unless the person playing the possession consents.
Division 12 has stuff that can let you see spirits without being spiritually aware, I believe. Visors and stuff, but ordinary news cameras and the like can't pick up spirits, just the effects of spirits (i.e. crumbling buildings, fire, storms, stuff moving, etc.). It's kosher for spirits with spiritual impression to manifest themselves to people who aren't spiritually aware, I think, but they don't ordinarily because that attracts the wrong kind of attention.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 10:25 am

I have a question myself.
How much stamina do you get from this technique?

Quote :
Sakura shower
TEXP: 5
An area affecting healing spell that appears as falling petals that restores stamina.
Effect: restores STA to targets in a small area with a Fierce drain
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 11:47 am

I believe Adrian just jumped into becoming a spirit blacksmith. I do not believe there was a job path you had to take before taking on that life path. Your WC simply comes from when you're blacksmithing in your roleplays. Mariko is correct about the lore info.
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 2:42 am

Alright, time for another fluff question, this time about gun rights! Strange question, but I was wondering how Sai city handled gun rights if they were overly restrictive or liberal. (figured I would ask before toting around any firearm)
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 7:48 am

It probably just depends on where you're at. If you in Gunshyne Bastion or the Lower Commons, you probably won't have to worry about whether your weapon is concealed or not, but I wouldn't go walking around East City or the Metro with a visible weapon unless you're law enforcement.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 8:10 am

What about my question?
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 9:26 pm

Heh, I don't know. I'm waiting for the answer as well.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 11:12 am

i think 10% per lvl... it's gonna be specified better w/the update
sry bout that
Back to top Go down
Datorru
Veteran
Datorru

Male

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 5:02 pm

I might have missed this somewere but....

I have two characters. Can I use the exp and Texp from one character for another?
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 7:07 pm

Datorru wrote:
I might have missed this somewere but....

I have two characters. Can I use the exp and Texp from one character for another?

No.
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 10:58 pm

Alright, Iv been out of the loop some for the past few days/week >_> And I was wondering about the humanoid, beast thing with the woylf. Been looking at the new stuff, which is cool, and I noticed a new type of melee techs, the Beast Melee, and I was wondering if Lance, when in woylf, would be able to use that stuff, if he had it, since I have no damn clue if he is humanoid or beast when he transforms xD
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male
Number of posts : 884
Registration date : 2009-08-06

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 11:07 pm

Its been decided that Woylfs don't have access to Physical and Weapon Melee.
So one can conclude that Beast Melee would apply to Woylfs.
Woylfs are beasts.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 9:35 am

correctamundo
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 9:14 pm

Alright, here is another one for you. I noticed the weapons on the demon shop, would a woylf be able to use those weapons when it transforms into its woylf form? They all say 'beast' on them >_>
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 9:18 pm

Nope.

Owned and operated by The Dark Smith, this shop offers armaments and weapons of chaos meant for use by spirits.

A few of the item descrips also mention they're equipped to spirits. From what I can tell, they're spirit-exclusive. Don't take my word for it though, I'm not 100%.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 10:03 pm

I think you'd die if you entered hell, then you wouldn't be a woylf anymore. But if you could find someone to fetch the items for you, I'd assume it would be based on whether the weapons are physical or spiritual weapons.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 1:56 pm

AH! i see what you did thar!
i dun really have an issue w/it. i can see you using armblades or something like that. even tho it's made to sale to spirits, if you can get a spirit to go into hell and buy these weapons for you, i say then go for it. the money's real, so are the weapons.
but kaz went into hell as a possession. i think it's possible. forgot what the drawback was on it tho.
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 1:08 am

Normal people can't see spirits, right? Does this include spirits with spiritual impression who make themselves "physical"? I always assumed they were naked to commoner eyes no matter what, else the attacks that 'physical' demons caused wouldn't really pass as terrorist attacks.. recently seeing people RP otherwise, though.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 10:37 am

Normal people can't see spirits, right? Correct.
Does this include spirits with spiritual impression who make themselves "physical"? No. Often times, demons who've taken that quest will attempt to pass as humans (i.e. get jobs, etc). In order for this to occur, humans would have to be able to see them. The main reason they would be able to see them would be the fact that they are now physical. Now if the demon goes back into their "unphysical" form, then humans would not be able to see them unless the human's done the quest to be able to see spirits giving spirits a passive form of pseudo-invisibility.
I always assumed they were naked to commoner eyes no matter what, else the attacks that 'physical' demons caused wouldn't really pass as terrorist attacks.. recently seeing people RP otherwise, though. Yeah, that's wrong. More clarification on the reason the activity has been deemed terrorist activity can be found in the previous two sagas. With the current technological status, demons can be pushed off as bio weapons, experiments, or their attacks as advanced weaponry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: H2H Questions   H2H Questions - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

H2H Questions
Page 6 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next