Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A long day [1]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female
Number of posts : 2378
Rep! : 18
Registration date : 2009-03-03

A long day [1] Empty
PostSubject: A long day [1]   A long day [1] EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 11:33 am

The drive to the college didn’t take long. Walter, the driver, had talked to me most of the way, so I hadn’t really noticed time going by. Maybe it was just me, but something told me I would have rather been in bed. When we arrived at the college, the car pulled to a slow stop before he departed the driver’s seat to open our door. I had my sunglasses on, and ran a hand through my blonde hair for a moment before exhaling and departing. I stepped onto the sidewalk, and stood to my full height as Lauren stood beside me. She was wearing a little sundress, and gave me a nice, gentle smile. She had our schedules printed out, and handed me mine. I tucked it away into my pocket without a second thought. Not like I needed it anyway, we were in the same class. We moved across the courtyard while many people stared at the two of us. Her white dress was accented by black shoes, and a black leather purse. Her face was hidden behind a pair of black wayfarers. I wore white pants, with black dress shoes and a black dress shirt. I also wore a pair of black wayfarers. I watched a group of men gather at the side of the cement courtyard, surrounding a man who was sitting down. He eyed me hazily, but I ignored it for now. I had a weird feeling about him, but it wasn’t really my place to go after it. Oh well.
We moved into the school without resistance or strife. No one got in our way, which made me rather happy. We were almost going to be late for class, and judging by the emptiness in the hallways, most of them were already in session. I could hear lectures going on, so I tried to listen for anything that might be interesting.
“Technology transforms uncertainty into risk. We explain, and thereby swap hopelessness, for the optimism in a plan of action. In other words, we impose structure in order to gain a tenuous handle on uncertainty. “ I stopped at the door to peek into it for a moment before continuing on. The professor was giving a lecture on something tech related, so I lost interest and kept following Lauren down the hallway. At the next door, I heard something that told me we were in the right place. Finally, I removed my wayfarers and put them in the pocket of my shirt.
“The first step of fallacy is arrogance. They think they are reaching for the moon, but all they’ve done is climb the nearest tree..”
We moved in through the side door, but the professor ignored us. I liked having them disregard us entering or exiting. Apparently they didn’t care if we were there or not, because we had already paid for it anyway. It was our own damn fault if we didn’t want to learn anything. I would have rather been sleeping right now, but Lauren had insisted that I try to get a bit of history of our planet, as it might help me understand why things went south for the spirit to human relations department.
“If you remember, President Pompidou said that there were three roads to Ruin.. These are women, Gambling, and Technology. Women are the most pleasurable, Gambling is the quickest, but Technology is the most certain. . Why would he say this? Anyone?”

A little pale man in the front row shot his hand up. There were a few words exchanged across the classroom, but I stayed silent. I looked at Lauren as she released a light laugh. Humans were so strange sometimes. I didn’t understand what was so funny, but everyone else found this humans actions rather amusing. I would have to ask her about these actions and reactions later on when we were on our own time.

“It is because we have grown into an age of high technology. We have the government funding the tech sector, so it exploded in the last generation. Now we live off of it, and wouldn’t be able to survive without it. The last war propelled us into new stages of research that have greatly benefited us.” The man replied quickly, but with confidence. I listened to his words as he spoke, then waited for the professors response. “

“Yes, you are correct for the most part... But wasn’t it Kafka that said that every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy?”

I looked out the window, ignoring the rest of the class. There wasn’t anything in here that would help me to understand what happened back then. Maybe tomorrow something would interest me. As for this conversation, all it did was display the arrogance of the human race. There was no way that technology could stand up to the higher level soldiers of the heavens. I shrugged it off while wondering if any of them had even seen a spirit or demon. I was getting rather tired of their lack of intelligence, and disregard for those of us who weren’t evil. Apparently all of us were in the same class, and that irked me a lot. These humans really needed a proper history class, but Lauren would be mad at me for a good while if I were to interrupt.

So, I sat there for the rest of the class. As soon as the slide show ended, the professor went silent and the lights came back on. I lifted my head up, coming out of the light nap that I had been getting. Lauren was looking at me with a rather irritated gaze. Guess she noticed I was asleep. When the professor dismissed the class, I stood up with Lauren.
“you aren’t going to be able to pass if you don’t stay awake in class..”
“I would apologize but you know I don’t mean it.”
“good point.. is it lunch time yet?”
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

A long day [1] Empty