Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Dead Speak

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lydeck
Rookie
Lydeck

Male
Number of posts : 217
Rep! : 2
Registration date : 2009-03-03

The Dead Speak Empty
PostSubject: The Dead Speak   The Dead Speak EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 1:58 am

The Dead Speak Avatxj
The Dead Speak
(flashback) Blue and red waves of light poured through the openings of the blinds that covered the window. Each time they would rotate, the beams of light would find their way directly to the young man's eyes. Red, blue, red blue. As his eyes darted open, the realization of what those lights were dawned on him. 'Police Lights ... ?' He thought to himself. Lydeck rubbed his eyes, and rolled out of his bed. Suddenly, there was a loud knock at the door.

Lydeck began to cautiously walk over to the door. His brother did work for the police ... perhaps they were trying to get his help? But no, that couldn't be it ... he had already gone out several hours ago, on some sort of assigned task. Why would they be coming here if Nythyia had already gone out? Unless ... The door knob turned, and Lydeck slowly opened the door. He stopped it halfway, and peered outside. On the stoop stood Officer DeMorte. DeMorte was usually the officer who gave Nytyhia his assignments, and the two had become close friends over the years. "What is it?" Lydeck murmered. DeMorte had a grim look on his face; whatever it was, it couldn't have been anything good. "Ijin ..." he began, "It's about Nythyia ..."

(fast forward) The police vehicle slowly rolled to a stop in front of a rather odd looking house. It was completely grey. The paint the covered the outside appeared to have once been a blue color, but it seemed as if something had literally sucked the color out of it. The paint was peeling badly, and the rest of the house was rickety. Long vines and wisteria ivy sprawled throughout the yard and up the house - it was clearly abandoned. There were already three other police cars there, and one ambulance. The brightness from their lights could be seen several blocks away.

Lydeck opened the door, and stepped out on to the scene. He went around the car and began to walk up to the house with Officer DeMorte. "We still don't know how it happened ..." he began. "We're not sure why Nythyia was even here to begin with ... the task we had assigned him should have had him on the other side of town." DeMorte explained. The two ducked under police tape, and made their way inside of the home - if that's what you wanted to call it. DeMorte paused as they came to the basement door. "Are you sure you want to see this?" He said. Lydeck nodded, and waved up his hand. "Yes, I'm sure ... I have my reasons." He said flatly. Honestly, the only real reason he had was that he wanted to see his brother one last time ... as he had left without much word. Lydeck had assumed that this was a simple murder, something that wouldn't be too bad to see; or make it harder than what it would normally be to see a slain family member. As they came to the bottom of the stairs, however, DeMorte pointed to the center of the room, and Lydeck's eyes widened with the gruesome sight that met him.

Wordcount: 533 // 750
Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Rookie
Lydeck

Male

The Dead Speak Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dead Speak   The Dead Speak EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 2:23 am

The Dead Speak Avatxj
The Dead Speak
(current day)A grim sense of fear pulsated throughout his body as he sat starting at the doorway ... the doorway the led to the basement where his brother was gruesomely murdered. Why had he walked here in the middle of the night? Why couldn't he just fall asleep? It was a strange feeling, literally being afraid of what could be awaiting him. In fact, even if his brother had not been ended here this place would still strike fear into him - there was just something not right about it. He finally broke his gaze from the doorway, and turned away in shame ... he couldn't do it. All of his fear and emotion compounded together when he thought of it. He slowly turned and began to walk out of the abandoned, run down old home. A warm breeze blew about him, however, causing him to freeze in place. A warm breeze? It's below freezing outside. The hair on the back of his neck stood as he faintly heard a whispering voice come from behind him. He couldn't make out what it was saying, but it began to get louder and louder. As it got louder, however, more and more voices joined in. The voices blended together as they got louder, until they were almost screaming. He couldn't take it, Lydeck clutched his head with his heads, and gritted his teeth. Would this ever stop?

The voices suddenly stopped, and only one familiar, friendly tone was left. "Leaving so soon ... ?" It said. A chill pulsated throughout his body as the words registered in his head. The fact that he knew he had been here alone was bad enough, but the fact that he knew the voice was distributing ... especially considering who it was. Lydeck slowly turned around, only to be met with his brother standing across the room from him. The young man stood in shock at what he saw. "... N ... Nythyia?" He managed to stammer out. He had a numb feeling throughout his body. Part of him was happy to see his brother, but ... he was dead! "How ..." Lydeck began, but was cut off by Nytyhia. "Am I here in front of you when I was killed?" He said. Nythyia began to walk forward, and each time he did a faint white pulse came from his body. "I'm a ... spirit ... brother." He said. He stopped within several feet of Ijin. "It's taken a lot for me to awaken this in you." He said with a small smile.

Wordcount: (427) 956 // 750
Back to top Go down
Lydeck
Rookie
Lydeck

Male

The Dead Speak Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dead Speak   The Dead Speak EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 2:26 am

The Dead Speak Avatxj
The Dead Speak
(current day)"Awaken?" Lydeck asked. "What do you mean? Awaken what?" Nythyia shook his head and chuckled. "Why - the ability to see spirits, of course." He said as -a - matter -of -factly. "It will be an important ability for you in the near future," He said, referring to the ability to see spirits. "I need to apologize to you for my recklessness ... which led to my gruesome end." He said. The visible look on his face indicated that he was thinking back to it ... obviously not a good memory. But he quickly broke his chain of thought, and began again. "But I stumbled across something very interesting in my given assignment." Nythyia closed his eyes, remembering what had happened. "I was supposed to keep tabs on a drug smuggling syndicate. There were into a lot more than simple drug trafficing, of course, and it seemed the kidnapping was another specialty of theirs. My secondary task was to rescue a small girl that was being help captive" Nythyia tapped his chin. "I arrived at their suspected location, but something was strange - everything was quiet. As I neared the warehouse in which they were suspected to be in, I could see that there was an obvious indication of some type of battle. Blood was everywhere ... it was disgusting. The strange thing was, though, that the only bodies there were were the syndicate members themselves. There were no bullet holes in them, no sign of enemy fire. What was there, however, were gruesome slits and gashes over their bodies - it was as if some type of beast had ripped them to shreds. As I went to go upstairs, I noticed one body was still alive. I approached him and began to ask him what had happened, but he only spat out intelligible mumblings and muffled yells. I was about to leave him when he seemed to panic, and started to point down the hallway. Down the hallway was the little girl. She had to be no older then 8, and had on a white dress. The man kept yelling, and screaming. He either had a heart attack, a stroke, or cardiac arrest, because he stopped being able to breath and the life slowly sapped from him." Nytyhia paused, as if regaining his thoughts. "I tried to communicate with the girl, but she said nothing. As I neared her, she backed up, and began to sprint away when I tried to get to her. I followed her out of the wherehouse and chased her for what seemed like several blocks. It was weird that such a small girl could run so fast - she was always a corner ahead of me ... I did, however, see her enter this house, so I followed her in. Eventually, I found myself in the basement. The little girl was standing there, in the wake of the window. It was the only light in the room and it shone down on here." Nythyia paused, and shook his head.

"Demons." He said flatly. Lydeck had been listening intently. "Demons ... ?" Ijin repeated. "Yes, demons." Nytyhia affirmed. "I've helped awaken your ability to see spirits because there is a grave problem in this city. Demons, and wary spirits are finding their way into the human realm. Had I been able to see spirits them I wouldn't have ..." He stopped, as if pained again by the realization, "... I wouldn't have fallen into such an obvious trap. There was no little girl, it was only a manifestation of one of the demoic spirits that has escaped from Onitoshi ... or rather Hell." Nythyia made a sharp eye contact with his brother. "I have helped grant you this ability in the hope that it will keep you protected in these dark times ... the world is about to become a very different place, and I want you brother to be prepared." Lydeck stared gravely at his brother. "Demons? Evil Sprits?" Nythyia head suddenly snapped to attention, and he began to look around. " Ijin ... I must go." He said. "No! There's so much more I need to as-" Lydeck began to protest, but he was cut off by Nythyia. "You must go as well! It is not safe here. I shall meet you later ... " Before Lydeck could protest, Nythyia's image began to fade away. As soon as he had faded away, those disturbing voices began to return. 'It must be this place'. Lydeck presumed. He turned, and sprinted out the door. As he left, the voices began to subside the farther away he got. Jumping onto his motorbike, the engine flared to life. Quickly thrusting the gas, the bike sped away.
Wordcount: (788) 1,744// 750

END RP
Gains: 2,616 EXP (I wasn't sure if 1,000 per post meant single post or whole thread?); Spiritual Awareness[/font]
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

The Dead Speak Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dead Speak   The Dead Speak EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 2:46 am

Updated
Back to top Go down