Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Weapons Training

Go down 
AuthorMessage
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male
Number of posts : 3978
Rep! : 82
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Weapons Training Empty
PostSubject: Weapons Training   Weapons Training EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 11:15 pm

Looking up at my father, I continue to follow at his side as he leads the way down the path to the training grounds. Coming to the training ground, Arashi's father comes to a stop and turns his attention to Arashi. Looking down at Arashi he speaks up, " Here we are, the training ground where I learned to use a blade and countless other martial skills that aid me in battle. From now on, you will be spending a lot of time here, learning to wield many different weapon as well as weapon techniques. All of which will help you fight demons and protect the innocent. " Looking up at my father I listen to him and as he finishes speaking I give a faint nod as I turn my attention back to the training ground. There were already people here training with different weapons as well as hand to hand combat. " This is Dai, though you will address him as Sensei. He will be your teacher and help you learn the skills you need to know as a warrior. " Arashi's father says as he jestures to an old looking man standing off to the side. Turning my attention from my father, I look to the old man he was pointing out and shift my gaze over him for a moment before bowing respectuflly. Looking at his new student for a moment, Dai bows slightly before turning his attention to Arashi's father, " As a member of the Kurosawa family and your son, I expect a lot from Arashi. " Dai says as he glanced to Arashi. Arashi's father nods his head as he reaches down and pats Arashi's back, " I was expecting you to say something like that. I know that Arashi will work hard in his training and I hope one day he will suprass me as the head of the Kurosawa family. " He says as he looks down at Arashi. Standing next to my father I listend to him and took his words to heart as he spoke. Dai nods as he looks to Arashi's father, " No doubt he will become a great warrior. I will see to it and treach him everything I know, just as I tought you. " Arashi's father nodded with a faint smile, " I bet you will. " He says to Dai before turning his attention back to Arashi, " Listen to me Arashi. I know the training is going to be tough and it will push you to your limits and at points it may even push you past your limits. But I know you won't give in or give up. I know you will make me and your mother proud. " He says as he pats Arashi on the shoulder, " I'll see you after training. " And with that he turns and walks off leaving Arashi with Dai. I turn and watch my father as he walks off, nodding my head faintly to what he had said.

Watching Arashi, Dai reaches out with his cane and strikes Arashi in the back of the head. When I feel something strike me in the back of the head I duck down some and reach up with my hands, grabbing the back of my head where I had been hit, " Ouch! " I say as I turn to look at the old man, frowning as I look at him. Dai looks at Arashi and grins, " A warrior must never leave himself exposed to a foe. You leave your self wide open to attacks. " As he finishes speaking, Dai takes his cane and steps forwards before swinging it at Arashi. As the old man comes at me again with his cane I jump back, a frown taking form on my face as I reach down to my side and pull out the only weapon I have, my seireikendou. When Arashi took out his seireikendou, Dai smirked faintly as he held his ground, watching Arashi. Now that I had a weapon I launch myself at Dai, getting close enough before I slash at him with my wooden sword. Dai watches Arashi as he charges, the smirk on his face growing as he brings his cane up and strikes Arashi in the stomach before smacking the seireikendou from his grasp before following through with another strike to Arashi's head. Before I can hit the old man he strikes back, the first hit knocking the air out of me before I feel the seireikendou being knocked from my hands as I take in a breath of air before he lands a final blow, striking me in the head again. Coughing and groaning at the same time, I grab my head again and step back, putting some distance between me and Dai as I glance over at my seireikendou. Dai watches Arashi now that he steps back, glancing over at the seireikendou for a moment he turns his attention back to Arashi, " If you wish you may go for your weapon, though you will not get it. " He says as he looks at Arashi. Looking at the old man I frown at his comment. " You have spirit Arashi and a deep will to fight, this I can see. Though you lack the fundamentals and and skill, this is your weakness. " He says as he leans into the cane some, watching Arashi. Rubbing my head I listen to the old man as he speaks, my frown growing as I listen to him. " Before we begin, there is one thing you must always remember Arashi. You must never draw your weapon unless you mean to use it. It is not a child's toy and not to be taken lightly. You will need to learn to use force only when it is necessary and what type of force you must use. "

Dai lifts an arm and points to the seireikendou on the ground, " Your seireikendou for instance. Unlike a true sword it does not have a sharp edge so it would be good for instances when you have to deal with someone you don't wish to kill, for things like training and sparing with others. Now, retrieve your seireikendou. " While listening to Dai I took his words to heart like I had done with my fathers and when he told me to get my seireikendou, I moved over to it and picked it up, looking at it for a moment before slipping it back into my sash, " Yes Sensei. " I say with a faint nod. " Good, now your father has informed me that you are already fairly skilled with a sword so now you will learn how to use other weapons. " Dai gestures towards a table and wrack of various weapons, " Go and pick out one you would like to start with. " Dai says to Arashi. Turning my attention from Dai, I look to the table and wrack he is pointing at and give a nod as I move over to them. Coming to the table and wrack, I begin to scan over it. Though they did have weapons, they where ones made of wood and use for practice. I scan over the various types of wooden blades on the table. Shifting my attention from the table I look to the wrack and begin to look over the various kinds of staves and pole arms on the wrack. Dai watches Arashi as he looks over the weapons, waiting on his new student to pick one to use. After a moment longer of scanning over the different weapons, I reach over and grab one of the staffs before turning my attention back to Dai. Dai looks at the weapon Arashi had chosen and gives a nod, " The staff I see. Alright, then let us get started. First you will learn to simply wield the staff. First lets start with some simple strikes. " Dai says as he points to a wooden training dummy. " Alright Sensei. " I say as I turn my attention to the training dummy and move over to it. As I come to the training dummy I come to a stop and look at it for a moment as I bring the staff up and hold it in both hands. " Now, strike. " Dai says. Listening to the command I lash out with the staff, striking the training dummy with the end of the staff before I follow through, pulling in the end I had struck with as I swing out the other end of the staff, striking the dummy with it. I begin to work into a rhythmic pattern of striking the training dummy with each end of the staff. Dai watches Arashi as he continues to strike the training dummy with the staff. As I continue to strike the training dummy I strike it harder and harder with the staff, putting more force behind my attacks as I continue my assault upon the training dummy.

As I continue to strike the training dummy, putting my all into it I begin to feel my stamina drain away with each attack. I begin to pant lightly as the sweat. Dai watches as his student begins to grow fatigued from the training, though for the time being he remains silent. Striking away at the training dummy I continue to feel weaker and weaker as I pant more while the sweat continues to take form and run down my face and arms. After a few more minutes of watching Arashi train, Dai finally speaks up, " Alright, that is enough Arashi, take a little break and have some water. ". Hearing the words of Dai I come to a stop and look to him, panting lightly as I nod. Pulling away from the dummy, I move over to where the water is and set the staff down before getting a cup of water. Picking up the cup of water, I take a sip from it as I let out a sigh of relief. Dai looks to Arashi and begins to speak, " When you are done with your break we can get back to training. Though this time I would like you to practice with another weapon. It is good to be well versed in many different weapons, that way you are not unable to defend your self should you lose your sword and it is wise to carry many different types of weapons while out fighting demons. " Dai says as he watches Arashi. Listening to Dai, I give a faint nod as he finsihes speaking and turn my attention to the other weapons as I take another sip of the water. As I take a sip of the water I begin to move, moving over to the table with the weapons. Coming to the table I stop and begin to shift my gaze over the other weapons on the table. Titling the cup up, I finish off the rest of the water in it before setting it down. After setting the cup down I begin to move my hand over to one of the wooden blades sitting on the table. Before grabbing the weapon, I pause for a moment before reaching over and picking up a dagger, " I think I'll try this one Sensei. " I say as I look to Dai. Dai gives a nod, " Alright. Now, if you are ready we shall get back to training. " Nodding, I glance back at the table of weapons and before moving away, I grab another of the wooden daggers I had picked up and move over to the training dummy, wielding a dagger in each hand. " That is rather reckless Arashi, you are not skilled with one. " Dai comments about the two weapons Arashi holds. Turning my attention away from the target, I glance to Dai for a moment before looking back at the dummy as I bring up the two daggers. " Alright... Try it if you wish. Begin. " Dai says to his student.

With my attention on the training dummy, I give a nod as I swing out with one of the daggers, slashing the wooden blade against the training dummy as I come out with the second one, thrusting the wooden tip of the blade against the training dummy. I begin to work into a pattern, striking the dummy with the wooden daggers as I move my arms, slashing, thrusting, and stabbing at the wooden training dummy. Dai watches his student train with the daggers for a little while before he decided to have Arashi try a different weapon since he was already rather skilled with bladed weapons, " Alright Arashi, thats enough. ". I continue to strike the training dummy with the two wooden daggers until I hear Sensei speak up, telling me to stop. Landing one last attack against the training dummy, I let my arms fall to my sides as I turn my attention to Dai. Dai turns his attention to the table of weapons as he moves over to it and begins to look over the weapons. I keep my gaze on Dai as I wait to see what he is doing. After a moment longer, Dai picks up one of the objects from the table, " I would like you to use this one now Arashi. Bring your daggers over here. ". When Dai tells me to put the daggers up I begin to move and make my way over to the table and set the two wooden daggers on the table before looking up to Dai. Dai looks down at Arashi and offers him a coil of thin wire, " Now I want you to use this. " As he offers me the coil of thin wire, I look at it for a moment before lifting my gaze up to him, " That doesn't look like a weapon Sensi. " Dai chuckles lightly, " Even the most inconspicuous things can be weapons my boy. " Dai says as he turns his attention to the target and flicks his wrist. An end of the wire flys through the air and wraps around the target before Dai pulls back on the wire, tightening it around the wooden dummy. I look at the dummy and could barely see the wires wrapped around it. " Wow.. " I say as I look at the training dummy. Dai chuckles as he flicks his wrist again, loosening the wire on the training dummy before he pulls it back and coils it up before offering it to Arashi, " Lets see if you can do the same. ". Looking at Dai for a moment I nod as I look down at the wire and take it from his hand. After taking the coil of wire from him I look at it for a moment before turning my attention to the training dummy.

I look at the training dummy a moment longer before I flick my wrist out like Dai had done. Unlike when Dai had done it, the wire only goes a short way from me before it falls to the ground. Glancing down at the wire, I frown faintly as I let out a sigh. Remaining silent, Dai watches Arashi. Again I flick my wrist, this time harder then I had done the first time. With the flick I lift the wire from the ground and as it raises into the air, I flick my wrist again, this time sending the wire around the training dummy like Dai had done. After getting the wire around the training dummy I pull on it some as I glance up at Dai, " I did it sensei. " I say as I turn my attention back to the training dummy. Dai gives a nod, " Good work Arashi. Though you still need more practice before you will be a master of these weapons, though for now we shall take another break before we continue training. " I flick my wrist again to unwrap the wire from the training dummy before I begin to wined it back up as I give a nod to what Dai had said.

Total WC: 2717
Back to top Go down

Weapons Training
Page 1 of 1