Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Belated Aftermath

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tsukai
Intern
Tsukai

Male
Number of posts : 367
Rep! : 10
Registration date : 2010-05-03

The Belated Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: The Belated Aftermath   The Belated Aftermath EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 2:59 pm

The Belated Aftermath Mosbox_1
How long’s it even been since we were all dragged here? A year’er somethin’, maybe. All that racket pretty much died away; left a smoulderin’ forest a broken concrete in its wake. No doubt I was enjoyin’ every minute, but it wasn’t a walk in the park or anything. I just be a powerless rodent tasked with the job a keepin’ these brain-dead brutes intact. Had to do my fair share a runnin’ about t’avoid bein’ shot up and the like. Relyin’ on’em made me sick t’my furry, white ass. They pretty much gone now, though…killed off like much of all them humans. Both sides got their ass handed to’em. So pointless, but like I said, I enjoyed it anyway. Gave me something t’do…er, watch.

The city was burned down, then put back up eventually. I like watchin’ it bein’ built up again. I like the noisy construction, the obstructions they cause. They shake up the mundanity of it all. People passin’ by can’t help but cast an eyes towards those sites. They’re like a marvel, harbouring the unknown, unseen potential. Heh…not sure how I survived. Couldn’t move for the longest time, but when I did, I just slipped into the shadows of the alleyway me and my partner at the time was in. Too bad fer him, ‘cause he wasn’t as lucky. Bit the bullet. Now, I just go through the waste these humans up here throw away. Stranded since I got no idea how the fuck to get back to Onitoshi. Doesn’t matter either way, ‘cause I’m fucked down there and up here. Least up here I’m left alone…

This seems the best place for beings like us to sneak around since security’s lackin’ here. Looks slummy, which I guess is comforting. Reminds me of home, honestly. Am I happy with how things are? Heh, a better question would be, are us yokai supposed t’be happy at all?

- - - - -

The shades of dusk brimmed over the boundaries of heaven and earth, spilled throughout the concrete forestry of Yochi. A friend of a miniscule mammal they were as the white-furred creature rummaged through the contents of a grey-skinned garbage can. Tucked away it was, idling within the solitude of a vacant alleyway. Its attention was undoubtedly pooled within the task at hand. The soundings would be but an enigma to those not spiritually aware, but certainly obvious to those that were.

The Belated Aftermath Mosbox_3
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female
Number of posts : 974
Rep! : 26
Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: The Belated Aftermath   The Belated Aftermath EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 3:52 pm

The Belated Aftermath IsayamaTop
She actually kind of preferred night time. It wasn't annoyingly hot like in the bloody day, nor was it so brisk and stupid like the morning. Unfortunate that each time of day visited the earth mundanely.
The girl is wearing her usual attire; a lengthy white shirt that didn't necessarily seem to suit her gender, tight jeans, and various jewelry adorning her mismatched garb. A notable feature is the sunglasses she wore despite the time of day. The sweet scent of her perfume is mingled thoroughly with the nose-wrinkling bite of cigarette smoke.
For obvious reasons, too. Striking a match, she holds it underneath a cigarette positioned idly between her lips. The irritated expression on her face seems to soften slightly, but she still seems unapproachable overall. Taking a long drag, she flares her nostrils, letting out a cloud of simultaneous, slate-grey smoke.
An eyebrow quirks as she stares at a stationary, yet mobile garbage can. Why hadn't anyone else noticed this? Yes, her position certainly did shift from the sidewalk, to this alley. Such had occurred via her curiosity having been excited, and her having walked over.
And then she kicks the trash can, hard. Wordlessly.
The only reason she'd actually come over was because she'd picked up some sort of spiritual signature; she possessed an ability in her arsenal to sense at its general ability, but her ability was trained so little it was nothing more than a subtle feeling. Though, externally, she probably looked somewhat insane at the moment, to those not spiritually aware.

[264.264]
The Belated Aftermath IsayamaBottom
Back to top Go down
Tsukai
Intern
Tsukai

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Belated Aftermath   The Belated Aftermath EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 4:49 pm

His four-digit hand clapped the skin of a banana. Its extraction was swift and fleet was the sizing up of the discarded banana peel. The clawed mitten of pinkish flesh sunk into what fruit remained. However, before the creature could scoop it out, a terrible quiver accompanied by the apparent furious roars of thunder overtook both him and the garbage can. So abrupt were the whimsical, impish actions of this unseen individual, they spawned a heart-jarring wave of instinctual fright to rinse the murky depths of his interior through as he sailed from the canister’s night-veiled innards. A series of summersaults ensued and soon came his halt, body sprawled out on the ground.

A moment was taken to gather himself, to push himself upright upon an anxious set of feet. One would expect vexation to disgorge from the mouths of those treated in such a manner, but such a scenario would do little in evoking such feelings in a worthless creature such as he. This spirit had been instilled with a flux of fear and anxiousness as his gaze lit upon a girl who would doubtlessly be either oblivious to his presence or quite aware of it. Had he been found out? How, or more importantly, why? A slew of thought burbled within nigh paralytic mind. He waited with bated breath.

Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Belated Aftermath   The Belated Aftermath EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 5:08 pm

Several awkward blinks ensue.
The girl's expression seems to be blank as she looks down upon the creature that had sprawled itself upon hard ground of the dimly lit alley. It certainly did appear that she could see it there; though, this didn't look like any normal rat. Her brow starts to furrow.
Concentrating lightly, she feels for the creature's spiritual presence. This technique likely wouldn't have worked if she'd been sensing anything aside from a demon. Her ability to sense is crude at the moment, but she does manage to get the gist of it.
"Yokai?!" The girl grabs something underneath a cloth sheath. Withdrawing the object, it is revealed to be a revolver of sorts. "You!"
She fires a shot, though it conveniently misses. The spot adjacent to the rat would have a bullet lodged deeply into it. Her eyes are wide, and her face reads with sheer ire. Mei almost drops the cigarette from her mouth, and just scantily manages to keep the sunglasses on her face from her movement. It looked like she were about to chew through steel.
"Why have you come here, demon?" The girl exclaims, her voice almost sickened. Although, she didn't seem to be even thinking straight at the moment. For, what harm could a rat like this pose? That and, she'd sensed for abilities as best as her sensing would allow her.

[232.496]
Back to top Go down
Tsukai
Intern
Tsukai

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Belated Aftermath   The Belated Aftermath EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 6:16 pm

This female did not appear particularly pleased. There was no mistaking the destination of her tempestuous gaze, but regardless, he remained steadfast in his deceptively agile, though actually paralytic stance. It was the announcement of his ‘species’ that assured that yes, indeed, she was aware of his presence. The word was spat as if riding the taste of stool from her mouth and bestowed a second start onto the ever-idle rodent. Not only was she a spiritually aware human, but a rather educated one. The extraction of a firearm seized his attention with the strength of a blackhole and seemingly impossible it was to remove his pooled focus from that terrifying device. It was difficult to forge a coherent response under such circumstances and he certainly would fail before having been forced to share extremely temporarily company with a bullet no doubt thirsting for the demon’s blood.

As if led by instinct, his arms shot skyward in surrender following a girlish yelp. “W-w-w-wait! Don’t kill me! I didn’t do nothin’!” was his initially response before an inquiry was made with a tone ostensibly appalled by his presence alone. Her demeanour, her tone implied the answer to her question would determine whether he lives or dies – or perhaps it was the fact she was holding him at gun point. It was crucial for honesty to ring true within the words to follow.

“I’m not doin’ nothin’, I swear! I got stuck here after the demons attacked the city!” His words were hasty, but why wouldn’t they be? The end of his brief explanation introduced an anxious silence harbouring the soundings of distant gunshots and calamity. There appeared to be little chance of police conveniently intervening. Unsatisfied he was with just that, so with an urge to prove what innocence he could, he continued. “I got no idea how t’get back. If I did, I would! Please don’t kill me! I…” His gaze shifted about as he sifted through a brain offering many a word to tether together to forge a plea worthy of coaxing even the gods themselves. “I can be useful to you!”

Last edited by Tsukai on Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Belated Aftermath   The Belated Aftermath EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 7:22 pm

The girl's nose wrinkles slightly, as though in revolt. She continues to look towards the creature, though her stance doesn't seem to differentiate until the end. Her head tilts to the side slightly.
"Useful? How?" Mei puts her finger on the little, upright leverage of the gun. There is a small clicking noise as she cocks the gun, causing the cylinder to rotate into proper position for firing. The mechanics of this device always did fascinate her; though, she was told to only use it in a life or death situation. As she lightens her frenzy, she seems to realize this wasn't exactly life or death.
Despite, the girl didn't know much about spirits. There wasn't any way for her to even know how diverse magic could be. The only thing she could expect from it was helping by setting houses on fire.
"Why should I ask for help from you? Your kind killed my family!" Her hands begin to rattle unstably, which did nothing but hinder her accuracy if she were to decide to make another shot. It appeared that her intent of shooting the gun had been postponed.
The cigarette drops, perhaps spat from her mouth. It lands on the ground, rolling next to her foot. She crushes it underneath the force equipped weight of her foot, the cancer stick far too annoying to maintain whilst in her current position. Her purse continues to idle, slung around her left shoulder lazily.

[250.746]
Back to top Go down
Tsukai
Intern
Tsukai

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Belated Aftermath   The Belated Aftermath EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 8:25 pm

Her resulting body language proved frightening. Without having spoken a word, it was relatively obvious bartering would be either difficult or impossible. ‘What’d I do to deserve this? Tried t’ live it up a little?’ he thought with mind-crafted words ripe with satire. Washing over the ends of his thoughts was her retort. Sharp, doubtful, blunt, she inquired just how he could be of any use. A fair question, though with the soundings of an additional bullet being readied, a second girlish yelp escaped him. To make matters worse, her question had grown more complex. Not only did it inquire as to how he could be of help, but why she would ask him for it.

A rinsing pulse of surprise traversed his fur-paved structure with the mention of the slaughter of her family. It waned gradually, swiftly, though devoid of anxiousness. Slightly did his arms begin to lower, subtle as they drifted downward. The expression that settled upon his bestial visage was not one apologetic, but severe to a point nigh stern. Such a flavour harboured honesty, hardly hinted at an effort to forge an excuse nor a fraudulent word of sympathy.

“If you don’t mind me askin’, do…you know who killed your family specifically?”

Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Belated Aftermath   The Belated Aftermath EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 8:36 pm

Mei keeps the firearm stationary and her stance firm. Raising up her hand, she takes off her sunglasses, revealing eyes of nigh demonic nature. She hangs the glasses from the collar of her shirt.
Black, irises painted a profound white, it went to show that she herself seemed almost hypocritically monstrous. Not in form, but definitely in those wicked, malevolent eyes. Though, she herself isn't particularly fond of them. Of course, the glasses had been hindering her vision, especially in the ominous blanket of dusk. Now she could see it much more clearly, surveying and deciphering it's rodent form. It differed completely from the other monster; the 'presumed higher order spirit' the demon was with certainly seemed to not be brutish, but she did not know demons were not all as destructive as that. Peculiar, she felt. Mei could only go by the titles written down on the paper of those agents in the hospital.
"It was a fire breathing cat monster. It was disgusting, and it stunk." Her nose wrinkles in disgust. "Just like what it was with; some 'higher order spirit' or something."

[187.933]
Back to top Go down
Tsukai
Intern
Tsukai

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Belated Aftermath   The Belated Aftermath EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 9:00 pm

Interest pooled within the depthless sea of nullity that were her eyes as her seemingly purposeless sunglasses were removed. He knew little of what to make of them, but it certainly made a grave addition to the intimidation she continued instil within him. One could almost bare witness to the perspiration doubtlessly forming beneath the rodent’s hide. Still, he desired her to answer his question more than attaining the story behind eyes that, through appearances alone, should not belong to a human. He felt fortunate to receive a reply opposed to a bullet. Of course, he wasn’t able to indentify either the demon nor the one of higher order which was rather vague. Still, the mention of one seemed to stir some disgust of his own, but swift was it dismissed as he returned his eerily red eyes to the opposing pair of heartless black.

“Well, if y’ wanted t’ track’em down, I could help. Y’ don’t need t’ ask for it, I’ll just give it to ya hopefully in exchange fer my life. See, I’m a healer…got an affinity for the healin’ arts. If you let me help ya, I can make sure you ain’t even killable.”

Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Belated Aftermath   The Belated Aftermath EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 9:40 pm

"Not...killable?" She repeats, almost baffled by the comment. That certainly would be useful, which was an understatement. The girl lowers her gun down a bit, inch by inch. She makes sure that the trajectory still isn't anywhere towards her. Sensing the creature (Kankaku) she makes sure that his words were true; she could decipher whether or not he possessed any diverse amount of abilities, and it didn't seem like that. The girl sighs.
"I didn't plan on dying originally." Her tone is drunk with the undertone of snobbishness. The attempts to remain aloof as she pushes both the hammer of the gun, and its trigger, back into original position, decocking the gun. Then, she would place it back underneath the cloth sheath. Shrugging her shoulder, she pushes her purse back over her shoulder, keeping it in place.
The gunshot in many other districts would have aroused unwanted attention, but in these slums, it was almost innate and native to the area. People barely even batted an eye towards their direction; half of them were probably more batshit than what she looked at the moment.
"But that would be useful. If you can help me find them, and heal me, then that worthless demon will already be dead. Hmph." Withdrawing her cigarette pack and some matches from her purse, she strikes a match. Dipping the end of the cigarette into the soft flame and positioning the filter between her lips, she inhales. "And where exactly do we start, to find these pathetic inbreds?"

[256.1189]
Back to top Go down
Tsukai
Intern
Tsukai

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Belated Aftermath   The Belated Aftermath EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 11:06 pm

The duration of ponder proved most gruelling. With a mind sopped with pessimism, any moment within the storming duration of silence threatened to shatter against the thunderous protection of the firearm’s waiting slug – but it didn’t. A few words were spoken, assuring him that she never did plan on falling. He had nothing to say for it appeared she had decided to spare his life. The last thing he wanted was to say the wrong thing then. He allowed a breath of relief to escape him as he fell forward into a taxed hunch. There he lingered, submissive to the words trickling overtop his slackened body.

“Uh? Right now?” he replied. The girl had intended to pursue this path of revenge at this very instant. That he had not anticipated. In truth, he wished for solitude once again. His words were spoken with the understanding that his life was on the line; but quite frankly, it still was. He hardly possessed a choice. “Well…” The creature’s gaze fell sightlessly skyward as a few digits came to rest thoughtfully beneath his chin. “I could ask around. Whatever yokai I run into, but truth be told, I only know how t’ heal right now and even that could use some polishin’ up.”

The words were peppered with restiveness. “But, uh…I mean, give me some time an’ I could learn some other stuff too.” A chuckle ensued, dribbling into the few introductory words of his plea to follow. “My fault really. I sorta slacked off back when I was trainin’ in them healin’ arts. By the way, the name’s Mosquito.”

Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Belated Aftermath   The Belated Aftermath EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 2:09 pm

The girl seems to frown in rebuttal to the delaying of her vengeance. It did bestow truth; for additionally, if she were to go after those things now with their drastic amounts of power it may have caustic effects. Mei of course wouldn't admit that to herself.
"I guess. Isayama Mei." She responds, closing her eyes momentarily. The girl rummages through her purse, before doing so makes her accumulate some sort of idea. Her head tilts to the side.
"Can you get in this bag? I'd look less insane to be talking to a rat than to be talking to something that's not here at all." She continues briefly after. "Then again, half of these dumbasses probably don't even know where they are." Mei snaps, with reference to the inhabitants of the slum areas of the city.
"Wait." Her eyes narrow, her brow arching upwards. "I'm going to assume spirits are like ghosts; wouldn't you just pass through the bag if you tried to get in?" She takes a drag from the cigarette, feeling that the nicotine laced through it would do wonders to soothe her nerves. Opening her mouth and parting the cylindrical stick of tabacco from her lips, she breathes out a murky cloud of asphalt grey, cigarette smoke.
"Fix that little problem, if you can't." With all assumptions towards the problem being capable of being mended, at last she states; not even in the form of a beseech.

[250.1439]
Back to top Go down
Tsukai
Intern
Tsukai

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Belated Aftermath   The Belated Aftermath EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 3:51 pm

It was a surprise. To think he slipped out of what appeared to be an impossible task with things as they were. That granted the expulsion of another subtle breath of relief. A distaste for her own species became more than apparent, just after her request for him to take his place within her purse. His expression transitioned from one concerned for the loss of what dignity remained to one of realization. ‘Better do what the girl says,’ he thought, though another matter seemingly plagued her. It brought a halt to the fulfilment of her request, a stall to his movement towards her. Typical became this demeanour of dreadful anticipation, nigh habitual even. Her assumption, though, came as an alleviation; so much so that a somewhat lighthearted chuckled resulted.

“Yeah, you’d think so, wouldn’t ya. But no. It’d be problematic if that were the case back then. Us spirits can take on an actual physical form so we can interact with the realm as a whole opposed to just its occupants bein’ able t’ mess with us. So, I can go in dere if that’s whatcha want.” He assumed it was, so he scurried over and hoped inside. “See?” he asked as he remerged. A glance periodically fell towards the contents and he swept what he could away. “Kinda cramped in here. Let me just…” The muffled words were obviously self-directed as he tended to pushing what he could about the interior of the bag. Would she mind? He had little clue, but made an effort not to break anything.

Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Belated Aftermath   The Belated Aftermath EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 11:08 am

That was definitely something she did not know. Though, to mask her ignorance in an aloof, cool way, she gives a firm nod, before taking another drag from her cigarette. This time she maintains it adhesively in her lungs before letting it out sparsely.
"Yes." It was questionable if that response was applicable to his statements. "Just don't touch my lip gloss; there will be consequences if I find my lip gloss ruined." There were other things in there such as makeup, her cell phone, money which she apparently didn't value as much as her lip glistening agent, and other miscallaneous accessories. Despite, her words seemed to possess a calm demeanour about them, contrasting to her speak prior.
There was one question; what now?
Mei surveys the area. "This place stinks," She begins, contrary to the fact there was a rat demon in her bag. Who knows, maybe it tended to keep a good etiquette and freshen up its fur. Well, if it didn't, with consistent exposure to her brash personality, that presumably wouldn't last very long. "So we'll be leaving now."
Exiting the alley, she wishes that she had her car. It was in the garage at the moment, having experienced brake problems. That was inconvenient since she needed money to pay them to fix it. What did she have on her? Like two hundred bucks. That was food money.
"Tell me about these 'magic' arts. Is that a demon thing?" Mei enquires, keeping her voice down. "And how do you learn more about them? Books?" The 'books' question is seemingly rhetorical, tinted with a fair amount of sarcasm.

[275.1714]
Back to top Go down
Tsukai
Intern
Tsukai

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Belated Aftermath   The Belated Aftermath EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 12:42 pm

Briefly did Mosquito’s gaze skitter atop the shade-cloaked articles littering her bag at the mention of a precious stick of lip-gloss. He clearly couldn’t tell whether he had sifted through it and stranger yet was him actually being knowledgeable of something that could not possibly pertain to himself. That was owed to the time spent scurrying about a variety of unkempt homes. Any eye settling upon the humans’ tool of mass enslavement, the television, would enlighten any of the various useless and, at times, downright dangerous products being eternally advertised.

The rodent sniffs about following Mei’s statement. “Does it?” Such hardly bothered him for reasons doubtlessly obvious. In fact, his own smell was likely exactly what she was catching wind of; after all, he was found exploring the interior of a garbage can. For now, the matter would be dismissed for another inquiry. The frequency of these questions suggested that maybe this girl wasn’t as learned as he had first imagined. The furrowing of a brow was the physical manifestation of this thought.

“Yeah,” he replied, “it’s a spirit thing. Only seen humans use it if they were in leagues with an onugi er somethin’.” Sarcasm aside, he continued to explain. “Best way t’ learn magic arts, er any arts for that matter, would be t’ find someone t’ teach it. Apprentice under’em.” A thought occurred to him. “So, where we goin’ exactly?”

Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Belated Aftermath   The Belated Aftermath EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 3:27 pm

"See," The girl begins, weaving through a crowd that had amalgamated in front of a restaurant. "I wouldn't ever bother with that stuff, unless it's useful. I'd just shoot them in the face instead of shooting magical sparkles or whatever."
Just as expected, the worthless bums loitering around didn't even pay attention to her. She felt invisible, but that was beneficial considering the situation. Talk like this wouldn't be mundane in areas where the population of the socially impaired wasn't as dense. She sighs, releasing another poof of murky smoke.
"To find someone who can teach you whatever you're talking about." She promptly states in response. Though, there was a bit of a problem with that concept. "You do know someone that can, right?"
Mei herself was oblivious to anyone who could teach those arts, evidently enough. Her own crude method of fighting seemed to be the method she comfortably adhered to the most. Perhaps the sensing capabilities were the only thing that could be considered unorthodox.
"Wait." She stops in her tracks momentarily. "Who the hell would we find that's in leagues with an 'onugi'?"

[194.1908]
Back to top Go down
Tsukai
Intern
Tsukai

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Belated Aftermath   The Belated Aftermath EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 5:56 pm

The belittling of the whole of magical arts was something Mosquito would simply have to wade through with the utmost degree of lenience. Such was not something he took pride in nor something so sanctified as to defend, but something not to be underestimated. An expression indifferent, though subtly and masterfully spiced with a splinter of anxiety surfaced. Its duration bled into her words to follow.

“Uh…well, not offhand really--” was his response, but interruption befell him. An abrupt, halting exclamation followed. It thieved his attention swiftly, evident with his stare falling upwards towards Mei who was then standing still.

“Who’d we find?” Mosquito echoed while paying particular heed to the empathises placed upon what he had just realized to be a rather esoteric term. “Oh, right, right…kinda hard t’ explain. We’ll just call onugi an’ shouchou lesser spirits, I guess…they merge with you humans…give you all powers sometimes. If y’ ain’t got that, can’t learn magic I’m afraid.” Content he was with that for such a fact would mean less work on his behalf.

Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Belated Aftermath   The Belated Aftermath EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 7:10 pm

"Wait." Despite her words, she resumes her walking pace. She takes her signature drag of cigarette before continuing on with her words. Her expression seems puzzled by the mention of both lesser spirits. "These...lesser spirit, things...What do they look like?"
It was odd asking what things that were basically ghosts looked like. In fact, they did fit the description of a 'ghost'. Disembodied souls of dead people. Not to mention, they usually looked like all types of things. Yet, these 'demon' things seemed to have much more inhumane forms. It was all so confusing; just how many types of these things were there?
"Around two years ago, I seen this ghost sort of thing. It was blank, it was like it didn't have a personality whatsoever. It swam around like some sort of stupid fish, but in the air. Then, at time of need, it seemed to merge with me. After that, I had topped most physical activities in my school, sometimes even better than high up people on the guy's teams. It was like I went from pathetic to athlete, instantaneously. Although, might I say I did not need to be exposed to something like that to achieve such strength." Mei snobbishly confirms, closing her eyes and navigating through the familiarity of the area alone.
"Is that what you mean? I didn't get any magic powers or whatever you're talking about."

[238.2146]
Back to top Go down
Tsukai
Intern
Tsukai

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Belated Aftermath   The Belated Aftermath EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 10:17 pm

Another difficult question to summarize hastily. “Uh. Well…” He trailed off, though fleet were a slew of the girl’s words to follow. A whimsical elaboration of her backstory ensued. Clearly, she sought illumination, but unfortunate she would be. He possessed no extensive information. He knew an adequate amount of his own species, but the details behind these humans were foggy at best. Such would become evident within the words to follow, no doubt.

“Can’t…say fer sure,” began the quotidian creature, somewhat surprised that this individual was one of the rare few stained by the phenomena of the ethereal menace. “I don’t know all that much about humans, but if that’s true, maybe y' could learn magic.”

Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Belated Aftermath   The Belated Aftermath EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 10:46 am

"Well..."
Mei scans her general area. There didn't seem to be many places around that offered what she was looking for. Oblivious to where demons come from, it was hard to decipher exactly where teachers of magic arts were located. The was no point in not making use of the strengths given to her, even if her preference was the simplest method of killing.
"So you mean someone who's pretty much possessed by an onugi. We'll just call them 'Posessions' or something." She throws some sort of miscellaneous term out to describe these onugi infested specimens. "There was this guy who seemed to know barrier magic, but he's dead."
An idea sparks in her mind. "Hey, I know. Look, there's a lot of occult places around with shady books. Rituals, whatever. If we go somewhere like that, it may be more accurate than imagined."

[149.2295]
Back to top Go down
Tsukai
Intern
Tsukai

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Belated Aftermath   The Belated Aftermath EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 12:04 pm

“Eh, works fer me,” he replied. From then on, he would be referred to as Possessions. The other brand was still but a mystery.

“Dead? Well, that won’t help us.” The deceased individual would prove to be little more than a ’dead’ end.

“The occult?” Mosquito repeated. “Stores and the like?” He pondered momentarily. Honestly, all he had to do was stay comfy inside this girl’s purse. Why not go along with it? “Yeah, it’s worth checkin’ into I guess. I wouldn’t get yer hopes up. If it were that easy, spirits would be the least of you humans’ worries.”

Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Belated Aftermath   The Belated Aftermath EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 12:30 pm

"Which is where you come in!" Her voice heightens slightly, becoming cheerful for obvious humouring. There is a bit of a pause before she actually begins to explain herself. The girl was looking thoroughly for areas that were more 'shady' than others. She thinks she has one in mind.
"You see, if I go into some occult place with a bunch of wrist slitting idiots, they'll try to get me to join, and that won't do. Ew." Mei says whilst tossing away the cigarette but. Another cigarette is withdrawn, replacing its kin between her lips. Sieged viciously at its end by assault from a match flame. She tosses the burnt out match somewhere on the ground as she takes a long drag.
"I know this place down the road somewhere. In some beat up warehouse, there's a bunch of stink men who walk around in robes and always go there. Do you know what you're going to do, Mosquito? That's easy." The quality of the streets begin to lessen even more as she marched deeper into the slums. It was like turning down the graphic settings on a computer game.
"Sneak in, grab a book, and come out. Then, when we get there, I'll just be outside waiting, talking to the guy they have outside of the main door while you go in." She nods, certainly confident of her plan. "The plan is completely flawless."

[241.2536]
Back to top Go down
Tsukai
Intern
Tsukai

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Belated Aftermath   The Belated Aftermath EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 3:05 pm

Having spoken too soon, the rat was left paralyzed within a state forged of reluctance, fortified by puzzlement, and embellished with an acedia-born dread for the anticipated task to follow. A pair of fractured words emerging as little more than stutterings became his initial response, filling the brief lull that emerged as her eyes traced atop the various contours of their immediate area. She continued, piecing together a plan that involved essentially espionage. He was just to slip inside and steal a book. That wasn’t so bad, but what that would accomplish was proving difficult to determine. A blend of a grunt and a sigh acted as an introduction to a much more comprehendible response than his last.

“So, you just want me t’ run in an’ grab a book,” he confirmed. “If that’s what y’ want, then I’ll do it fer ya.”

Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Belated Aftermath   The Belated Aftermath EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 6:21 pm

"Good." Is her abrupt, firm response. She would continue to make her way deeper into the Lower Commons, getting into the areas where you generally walked to the other side of the street when seeing someone. It was dark out, too. She would have been a lot more jittery hadn't she been capable of telling when things were hidden from her.
They'd come across what would look like a house from ghost stories. Except it was more like a warehouse...thing. It had many cross emblems decorating it, some which were tilted in blasphemous directions. Had she been more religious, she might have had a heart attack from its appearance alone.
She is definitely not. In fact, if things got tough, she was willing to put a bullet through any one of these people's skulls. Which was why her hand was in adhesive proximity with the cloth sheath on her side. Her black and white gaze notes a figure in front of the house.
"Tch." Mei looks inside of a window from a range, seeing activity inside. "They're all in there. When it rains it pours, I suppose." She makes her way up to the door of the house. There was a guard there, and she would engage conversation promptly. It was Mosquito's cue at this point.
"Hey. Have I seen you before?" Mei asks the bouncer.
"Nope." His attention seemed to be digressing. Tough guy, here. It would take more than that to thieve his attention. She has to think.
"But yeah. Did I tell you I seen you Mother yesterday?"
"...My mother's dead. You know, you seem awfully suspicious, girl."
"Uh..."

[279.2815]
Back to top Go down
Tsukai
Intern
Tsukai

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Belated Aftermath   The Belated Aftermath EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 8:58 pm

Content she was. A conservative affirmation found company with her ceaseless steps forward and the monochrome mists vanishing beneath the ubiquitous shadowy drapery. The amount of smoking this youth did had started to become a tad bit disturbing. He would have to inquire about it later for at the point of this superfluous realization, they had come upon a structure soused within a spirit-sullying maleficence. “Well, that place certainly fits the bill, huh?” Mosquito muttered within a nigh awestruck hush. Little time was wasted in approaching the building. Noting the revival of her surefooted strides, he ducked into the confines of her purse.

He listened.

The beginning of the conversation would be the opportune time to hop out onto the ground. He did so clumsily, falling on his side before picking himself up. He did so while rubbing his head, grunting throughout the duration of gather. Nothing seemed to alert this figure of his presence. Perhaps he was not spiritually aware like the girl here. It wouldn’t be of any surprise for the ability was not a common one. Regardless of one’s pastimes, it required much more than tabling within the occult.

“Alright, so here we go I guess…” he grumbled, moving alongside the building until crossing a means of entrance. For a body such as his, he actually had a few choices. Not long would it be until he slipped out of sight.

Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Belated Aftermath   The Belated Aftermath EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 9:25 am

"That's quite the assumption on your behalf." Mei abruptly states, mingling a bit of her personal feelings about the matter into her speech. This causes him to narrow his eyes a bit; at least she'd thieved his attention.
"I mean, how stupid can you be? Do you not know of the possibility of me knowing someone in there and them requesting contact to me? Of course not, because you didn't ask. Do you even think?" She is partially stalling for more time, but she does seem to enjoy reprimanding someone who virtually acted like a clueless manikin. He does seem to rebut.
He raises a walkie talkie looking item and opens his mouth to speak into it. He would have made some sort of verbalization if it weren't for the revolver that'd been whipped across his temple. Plummeting towards the ground with a blunt thud, Mei knows that this would have only rendered him unconscious. There was a bit of blood on her revolver from the impact; she wipes it off on his pant leg. "Gross." She says.
Grabbing his legs, she begins to haul him into the alleyway the warehouse was adjacent to. Oh how this weight to drag along was irksome for her. At least her newfound strength from that mysterious entity activating her inner strength had been put to use here. When she emerges from the alley, she presents herself in front of the door. Yet, she is clad in the guy's robes and his sunglasses. She'd also stomped out her cigarette to make it a lot more believable, her disguise of course.
There wouldn't be chances of anyone localizing the knocked out guy, since she'd stuffed him pretty good into that dumpster. It wasn't evil, was it? It was for the better. Surely he'd just wake up and go back to his duty in about ten minutes. Which was why their time was limited now.

[330.3145]
Back to top Go down
Tsukai
Intern
Tsukai

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Belated Aftermath   The Belated Aftermath EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 1:11 pm

Visibility was fleeting. Dim were the warming puddles of light cast half-heartedly about, leaving Mosquito to wade through the building’s eclipsing shades. Artificial light was taboo. The only light permitted was that of a flame. His initial, rapid strides lead him by the walls. From there came many obscurities, many in the form of heavy-duty shelves. He took his place inconspicuously upon the lowest tier of an adjacent shelf. What they were for was obvious. They harboured books.

‘Woah, she was right,’ he thought to himself before casting a glance towards the eye of the structure. A mix of candles and chalk-sketched pentagrams shared company with many seated robed figures. They appeared to be in meditation, though a mummer from one seized the rodent’s attention.

“What time is it? It isn’t passed eleven, is it? My Mom wanted me home by then…” Silence was his only reply. Certainly, he was able to discern their response if it were vocal. This statement, however, alerted him to turn his eyes towards a few of the nearby books and their titles.

‘Modern Magick: Twelve Lessons in the High Magickal Arts? Low Magick: It's All In Your Head ... You Just Have No Idea How Big Your Head Is?’ Mosquito read as he skimmed through the titles of their choice of literature. ‘This stuff’s garbage…’ Climbing higher seemed impossible. There was no way of leaping from one shelf to the next. The only way would be to mimic the feats of flight he had so often witness from his various yokai “friends.”

‘C’mon..!’ had become Mosquito’s mantra. One short leap after the other proved just as unsuccessful as the next. He would have to give it his all, pooled his concentration at the task at hand. How many minutes had passed? It must have been at least five. Curious he was of Mei’s situation, but having heard nothing, things must have been going descent.

Delight, almost manifesting as a light-hearted chuckle, surfaced when he managed to enter into a weightless drift. ‘Heh! Piece a cake. Now, to just…’ A swimming motion was performed and steadily he rose. Somewhat winded he was after reaching the top, to which only one book sat. It bore no title, simply a symbol of some kind. Curious, he went to open it, but contact result in a brief, subtle glow. He retracted slightly and turned his gaze upon the figures below. They seemed to still be unaware of his presence, so he made effort to get himself beneath the book before hoisting it over his head. It was rather heavy, especially for him. The duration of flight he entered into was swift with the weight of the book. Now he just needed to find his way out.

“Hey, what’s going on with that book?” Mosquito looked over, paralyzed thereafter by the face each had turned their gazes upon him - or rather, what would appear to be a floating book. They started to rise and with that, Mosquito raced for a window. There was no glass to break, fortunately, so he sales out. Having caught wind of Mei having apparently replaced the individual that used to be standing there, he flew down.

“We gotta go, they’re comin’!” he exclaimed as he cowardly retook his place inside the girl’s purse while franticly handing the book over to her. “Here’s the book you wanted. Take and book it!”

Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Belated Aftermath   The Belated Aftermath EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 4:23 pm

Impatiently, Mei continued to tap her foot against the pavement as she waited for Mosquito to arrive with the book. There was only so much time before that guy would awake from his forced slumber. She grits her teeth slightly. "Come on..."
It was at that point something unexpected happened. Her head slowly cranes in the direction of Mosquito; visually, a rat and a book just flew out a window. At least there wasn't any glass there, or she would have mistaken it for a defenestration.
"Whoa what?" Grasping onto the book, she barely has time to survey let alone the cover before she finds her legs carrying her at the pinnacle velocity she could go. "They found you out?" In disbelief the girl gingerly asks, her voice having raised.
Immediately, she crosses the street. If Mei had been but a second off with her timing, she would have been hit by an eighteen wheeler. Conveniently, this would temporarily put a stop in their pace since they had to wait to cross the street. Though, she could faintly hear someone exclaim, 'she went that way!'.
Pushing several people out of the way rudely and weaving through a crowd of people, she eventually locates a gas station. Opening the door, she charges into it, hiding behind a random aisle.
"What now?" Mei uneasily enquires. "All I know is when they come in and go up and aisle, I'm running out the door while they're distracted."

[249.3394]
Back to top Go down
Tsukai
Intern
Tsukai

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Belated Aftermath   The Belated Aftermath EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 8:33 am

His abruptness brought with it a sense dire, imperative that her actions be swift and unhesitant. They proved to be just that, though tinged with a slight whelming air of bewilderment. “Guess they got an eye fer floatin’ books!” he replied. It was not that he was seen directly, anyway. Their path was carved through a crowd of people and just barely had they avoided ending up as road kill via an eighteen wheeler. The appropriate yelps accompanied their travels. All of this for a book. Certainly, that would be his reoccurring thought. Eventually came a gas station. They moved in, their haste drawing an eye or two towards them as they disappeared into the aisles.

“What now? Uh…” He trailed off, pooled his attention within his senses while she dictated a plan of action. “Wait, they even comin’ still?”

Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Belated Aftermath   The Belated Aftermath EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 12:45 pm

Mei begins to look at the cover of the book. There seemed to be some sort of glow, actually native to the book. This confuses her, since she's never seen a book as epic as this before. There didn't seem to be anything on the cover aside from some sort of symbol; that immediately arouses the assumption that this book may be a little bit more cryptic than the others in the cultist club.
"I don't know. They might have given up after we dispersed into the crowd." Opening up the book, she skips the prologue and begins to search for the table of contents. Even the fonts were eccentrically written, but very legible.
"They seem to be touching on different types of magic. There's actually a pretty large diversity in here." Mei says as she begins to flick through the pages. "There's a section that mentioned something about the healing arts in one of the chapters. Is that accurate?"
She mumbles slightly. "And there was something about psychic abilities...wouldn't mind telekinesis...heh heh..."

[181.3575]
Back to top Go down
Tsukai
Intern
Tsukai

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Belated Aftermath   The Belated Aftermath EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 4:18 pm

“Probably,” he began. “I know I’d be kinda reluctant to run in 'ere dressed like that. If I were..y’ know, human an’ all that.” Doubtlessly, those magic practitioners had lost ground. Such a suspicious manner of dress did little but provoke those within their path to further obstruct it after catching wind of the girl they appeared to be after. There was absolutely no motivation to follow her into the gas station and since the book’s owner wasn’t amongst them, pursuing it didn’t seem worth it. Trouble, it would seem, did not threaten to peruse them any further.

“Yeah, I know,” Mosquito assured within a bit of a rush it would seem. “The symbol on the front. Symbols can be a language themselves and each one can hold more than a meanin’. Can be universally understood, y’ see. This one needs the presence of a spirit for the symbol t’ have a better effect releasin’ what’s stored in there. I got the gist of the book’s contents from touchin’ and lookin’ at the symbol on the front. Should be more all throughout it, which help align y’ with the powers that be to cast the spells. Wonder how they got a hold a somethin' like that..." He pondered for a moment. "All that said, yer gonna attract attention just standin’ there readin’ a weird book after havin’ just ran in in a panic. We should leave…” He paused for a moment. “After buyin’ somethin’. A treat. For me?” He smiled lamely.

Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Belated Aftermath   The Belated Aftermath EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 5:17 pm

As he continues to explain, it looks as though her mind was elsewhere. Surely, the girl was taking in the information he'd been talking about. During the elaboration, she seems to be almost consumed into the book's context. She'd taken off her sunglasses to not impair her vision that much when reading the print adapted to be eligible to humans. Her eyes seem to glisten; her lips, they curl slightly upwards, revealing a slender grin of fascination. Accompanied by her demonic eyes, this in no way looked benevolent.
"There's so many powerful opportunities in this book." Mei states as she continues to flip through the book. Closing it up, she shakes her head, seemingly reverting to her mundane nature. Though, since she opened that book and realized how many things she could acquire from the knowledge it offered, she felt vastly intrigued. Mosquito mentioned something about buying him something.
"Fine. But we're at a gas station corner store, so our selection isn't broad. What do you want, cheese or something? Don't rats like that?" Mei asks while standing up from her position. She surveys the area to make sure that they weren't followed. Managing to confirm that they weren't, especially with her advanced visual perception, she moves down another aisle. She plucks a box of what looks to be contacts from the shelf.
"Hmm. These might be useful." They were the full eye kind. They should be easily capable of concealing her altered eye colour and would be far more convenient than a large pair of sunglasses all of the time.

[270.3845]
Back to top Go down
Tsukai
Intern
Tsukai

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Belated Aftermath   The Belated Aftermath EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 4:36 pm

Such an atmosphere evoked by the alluring promises of the book was hardly complimentary to her features nor did it provide any sort of comfort for Mosquito. The flavours of his face were stale, listless, as if waiting for the subject to shift. That it would and with his own efforts. She agreed to buy him something, which was a surprise.

“Really?” he asked suspiciously before the full weight of her reply was realized. “Rat? I’m no rat! I just happen to look like one is all…” His gaze shifted about, eyes slimmer beneath the weight of a drooping brow. They became light swiftly after for his sights had settled atop a familiar box. It held a multitude of umber sticks, each wrapped within their own plastic wrapping. He pointed to it. “Hows about that?” He asked. This was, of course, Beef Jerky.

Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Belated Aftermath   The Belated Aftermath EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 5:17 pm

"Mhmm." I say halfheartedly. "It's cheap I guess." Adding that, I would pick up a stick of beef jerky. Picking up one for myself wasn't an option. My preference's were probably revealed when I looked moderately grossed out when plucking the umber stick from its immobile position.
It stunk, in my opinion. It looked like the kind that had some sort of filling. In my eyes Mosquito still looked like a rat, so I doubted that he'd be unappreciative to whatever it was flavoured by. It might have just been the material, but the plastic was always foggy, as if the brittle meat was trying not to suffocate; yeah, definitely looks organic to me.
I just put the items on the counter; the cashier should be competent enough to know that I wanted to be served. Along he came, seeming just as reluctant and lethargic as I was. He skates the products along the translucent glass with the little red flashing light that scans the barcode of the item. It does its signature beeping noise to decipher the pricing of it all. There is very little conversation.
"That'll come to $6.73." He states blandly. I roll my eyes a bit, mumbling, "Five bucks for contacts that aren't even correctional..." He seems to ignore me. He must have been in his teens, just trying to scavenge money for college. Honestly, it kind of looked like he agreed. Excellent, I wouldn't have to verbally attack someone today.
I swipe my card, not bothering to pay with cash at the moment.
"Do you want this bagged?"
"No." I responded, taking what was now mine off of the counter. Turning around, I leave the shop's confines. Exiting, it doesn't take me long to make my way up to a bus stop. There wasn't many people taking this one; either that or in these slums a buck fifty wasn't available. I handed Mosquito the beef jerky probably a bit before I actually got to the stop.
"Let's see here... Incantations for...there we go. Psychokinesis." She tilts her head, the atmosphere around her darkening a bit. "Verenti Invictus. Add an additional, malefic noun at the end to add hostile prowess. Eh?"
That was confusing; I looked towards Mosquito briefly. "It's just chants, meditation and reading up on it? There's no drinking demon blood or eating children?"

[406.4251]
Back to top Go down
Tsukai
Intern
Tsukai

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Belated Aftermath   The Belated Aftermath EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 8:39 pm

Swift would his teeth tear into the plastic binding the piece of questionable, salted meat. His surprisingly dextrous digits extracted its full length. “Oh, ho, ho! This looks great,” he assured as he painted the foodstuff with an appreciative eye. Of course, he would use those characteristic teeth of his to start consuming it. There seemed to be a cheese inside. Even better. Definitely a favourite of his, but Mei’s words would interrupt him. His bites continued throughout her inquiry. It would be another he could answer, but an expert magician he was not. If that were the case, he would have a lot less to worry about, no doubt.

“Funny, but no. Right about meditation. Try lookin’ at the symbols. It should give y’ an understandin’. Should give ya a feelin’. Evoke that feelin’ there and then try those incantations. Honestly, I never did it that way…that method’s new t’ me, but give it a try, eh?” With that, he continued to chip away at the stick of beef jerky.

Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Belated Aftermath   The Belated Aftermath EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 9:52 pm

I give a good look around. A newspaper flies astray, and I could practically envision a tumbleweed going by in this scenario. It didn't look like there were people really around at the moment. This means that whatever this book would do to me, or what I would attain from it, wouldn't be able to be absorbed by witnesses. For some reason, after interacting with people who believed not a word I said, it became obvious that having the general public know of all of this would be problematic; they might call the police, and I'd end up who knows where. Perhaps some sort of asylum for the mentally unstable.
Taking a look at the symbol, I recall to myself the chant listed in the book. The ability that I'd chosen to investigate seemed convenient enough. This hybrid of meditation, feeling the very spiritual properties of the symbol, and invoking some sort of mindset whilst repeating the incantation. With all hopes, my new magical prowess would enable me this.
Some wind begins to pick up, sending some bits of rock and random, discarded trash in a multitude of directions. My hair flickers like a screen operated by an unstable VHS. Eccentric markings begin to light up on me as my hands clench, radiating what looks to be a gold; I am surprised by this, but am far too caught up in current occurrences.
"Verenti Invictus." An echo reverberates through my voice as I pronounce the foreign incantation. With that said, everything seems to die down. I exhale deeply, recuperating from the fatigue that now plagued my body. I light up a cigarette and take a long, pleasuring drag.
A voice would resonate in Mosquito's head. "Did this actually work?"

[293.4544]
~ Unlocked: Psyche [-2500 WC, -5 TEXP]
~ Unlocked: Televocal [-1000 WC, -5 TEXP]
WC Remaining: 1044.
Back to top Go down
Tsukai
Intern
Tsukai

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Belated Aftermath   The Belated Aftermath EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 8:08 am

Ever had his attention been pooled within the practicing Mei. She certainly was not one to procrastinate. Her focus rested entirely within the confines of the book. Only a moment was required, ostensibly, before she was ready to try an incantation she had crossed. She had mentioned it before, but wasn’t something he recognized. Stating it again was accompanied by a newfound substance, presence, and grievous weight. This sparked an interest within him. At first, nothing ensued. Mosquito looked about hastily, though curiously, but seemingly crossed nothing stirred by her influence. Instead, she seemed to do little more than tend to a cigarette.

He squinted momentarily. A voice escaped her, though parched between her lips was that same cigarette. Hardly could she have said that unless, of course, she was a ventriloquist. “Did you…” Mosquito started. “Was that the spell? You were able t’ learn a spell that fast?”

Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Belated Aftermath   The Belated Aftermath EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 12:28 pm

My brow furrows slightly. This was actually pretty convenient; I could tend to my cigarette while talking. Of course, the reason of learning it had been more significant than that. Rather than the others specified in the book, this one would enable communication with, persay, Mosquito, without me looking extremely unorthodox. The only thing inconvenient was the incantation prerequisite that I would have to be subtle about chanting about. That could potentially draw more attention that talking itself.
'Do they usually take longer?' I ask him mentally. I had no idea whether or not these things took years to learn and hone, if I were talented with them, or if it were the book that was making me seemingly prodigious. Letting out several coughs from taking a heavy drag when there was barely anything left but the filfter, I squint, tossing the cigarette butt towards the ground after a few minutes of inhalation.
'Here, you try it.' Handing him the book, I'm sure that a demon would be able to digest the content of this book better than I could.

[181.1225].
Back to top Go down
Tsukai
Intern
Tsukai

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Belated Aftermath   The Belated Aftermath EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 1:06 pm

“Well, yeah. There must be somethin’ about that book,” Mosquito replied, noting that the cast spell was a success and indeed granted her some form of telepathy. The smoke she had inhaled obviously didn’t agree with her. “Y’ know, you must hear this a lot, but smokin’ that much ain’t good fer ya…” At that point, he had been handed the book. Unprepared for the weight, he fell backwards. The book’s spine lay vertically atop him, the book partially opened while the purse’s sides prevented it from opening any further. It lifted about and eventually, Mosquito popped back into view.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Belated Aftermath   The Belated Aftermath EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 4:41 am

Another late bus. I just wanted to take the bus up to East City so I could get my car from the garage. Alas, that trip didn't seem very plausibly; at least on an early basis. Despite Mosquito's words, I took another drag from the cigarette.
"As a healer, I didn't think that would be the priority of your concerns, Mosquito-kun. I doubt you were lying to me about such, right?" It was impossible to decipher my eyes past the sunglasses, but my gaze was very steadily concentrated on my spiritual companion. I only realized the convenience of this healing; it was almost as though my lungs were replaceable, on a literal basis. Actually.
Did possessing a healer in my arsenal render me immortal, technically?

[139.1364].
Back to top Go down
Tsukai
Intern
Tsukai

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Belated Aftermath   The Belated Aftermath EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 1:23 pm

“Eh…’course not,” he replied. It was a good point. “Let me give y’ an example.“ The remainder of the stack was placed between his teeth. With his rodent agility, he leapt from the bag and moved to the girl’s shoulder. The two quadruplets of digits rose in elevation, lingered within the air for all but a moment before descending to contact her shoulder once again. Some concentration was present, accompanying the mass of vestal white luminance disgorging from his own miniscule body before traveling into Mei’s.

“See? Just like that,” Misquito commented amidst the demonstration, words muffled by the jerky still present between his teeth.

Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Belated Aftermath   The Belated Aftermath EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 6:07 pm

Mei's eyes widen exceptionally as she is submerged into a vivid light. The warmth that bleeds into her is sufficient enough to writhe her body with a refreshing sensation; she felt that it was odd how this was the prowess of a rodent that, previously, sought refuge in trash cans. Implying of course that she still seemed to think of the creature as a rat-demon hybrid or something. The girl coughs out some remaining toxins before her lungs were restored to their pinnacle once again. "This may be shy of irony, but this power of yours may double the amount of cigarettes I have a day. How hysterically convenient." The girl comments, vainly flicking some of her hair. A bus stops, but it wasn't the one she needed. Mei was familiar with the buses she would have to take and the ones she didn't have to when she was forced to after her car was put into the garage. The girl even had a bus pass for the purpose. Tossing the cigarette, she grimaces slightly. Someone gets off the bus; she waits for them to reach the end of the sidewalk before resuming, "I almost don't feel like smoking it right now. It's like your spell got rid of the addictives, too..."

[218.1582]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Belated Aftermath   The Belated Aftermath Empty

Back to top Go down

The Belated Aftermath
Page 1 of 1