Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rise of Gera'sey

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ethereal
Intern
Ethereal

Male
Number of posts : 413
Rep! : 1
Registration date : 2010-07-04

Rise of Gera'sey Empty
PostSubject: Rise of Gera'sey   Rise of Gera'sey EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 5:26 am

Rise of Gera'sey Penny2_01
At this point as he traversed the scape of land that was Onitoshi he couldn't help but start to think of just what he would be naming his outpost / town / city. Many things had, popped through his mind. But none had quite stuck. He wasn't very good at names. As Mittens would no doubt agree. Before he had taken off in his search for new lands he'd made sure that everything was going well on his current lands. That meant checking out the actual buildings that the slaves had went ahead and built. And he had to admit he had been pleasantly surprised by the quality of the work. The slaves barracks, were just as he thought they would be. He'd made sure that there was a public urinal of sorts. Didn't want them crapping all over the floors even if it was a slave barracks.

The other building, relatively good. Office space was nice for the planner and arcitect. Bedrooms wern't half bad either. The dumb but scary slave driver had asked him at one point just where he was going to sleep in this building if they had only installed two bedrooms. Which in itself was a good question. However he never actually intended to sleep here, and didn't really feel like explaining the fact how he'd be spending the majority of his time in the human world. The big guy really just assumed that he would be out gaining strength and terrorising the weak. The things arch demns usually did do. Nor playing body guard for the hieress of the kyro corp. But that was one surprise about him he supposed.Better that it not be known, after all the whole pint in spending his time in this Onihume form was to in fact disguise who he as here as opposed to who he was in the human realm. Wiseman would remain seperate. At least. For now.
Word Count: 322
Total Word Count: 322
PWC: 322
Quests:
"Land Acquisition" ~In Progress~
"Land Upgrading" ~In Progress~

Rise of Gera'sey Penny2_03
Back to top Go down
Ethereal
Intern
Ethereal

Male

Rise of Gera'sey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Gera'sey   Rise of Gera'sey EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 7:56 am

Finding land tended to be a relatviely easy thing to do in Onitoshi. After all there was loads of the stuff. Loads of it, and relatively few Oni actually strong enough to try and claim it. There were plenty of spirits that lived on land, these were villagers, towns people and such waiting to happen. Or even, just slaves to help build. Although he already had nough slaves for now. He would n doubt need more as time passed. But for now. His current number would do. In truth if this ha been the human world, and he had been Wiseman. Able to show some compassion without it being seen as weakness. Then he would have probably released the slaves and gave them homes within his outpost when it was completed. But of course this wwasn't the case. The slave driver would stay. The chains would stay. And their blood would be the mortar that mixed with the stone.

Currently. He had the two buildings that were required for expansion. But he was going to need more. And more meant more land. He'd probably build another two houses on the land he claimed again, however these would actually be houses as opposed to centrs to keep slaves, and construction bases. This also emant finding towns people and merchants. Although, he would be able to get that easily enough. There was a reason Arden and new arden were ensly populated. Cities in hell meant numbers, and for spirits they were under the impression numbers meant safety, and if you were a ruler. You needed to provide protection. Well, for the buildings. And the people were inside the buildings, so it was a case of cause and effect really. He finally came to the border of his block of land and began to wander around the new area.
Word Count: 306
Total Word Count: 628
PWC: 628
Quests:

Back to top Go down
Ethereal
Intern
Ethereal

Male

Rise of Gera'sey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Gera'sey   Rise of Gera'sey EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 8:14 am

On the notion of protection actually he realised that the next thing for construction probably shouldn't be houses. Rather, a military barracks. It would need to be larger than the two houses that they had built before.It would need to be fortified. And of course, he'd need to find an Oni to run it as well. Although...that would come when he was actually in the process of building it. Right now he just had to find the proper location on this new block of land. A place easily defended. Yet also easily seen. A military barrack was a symbol of his power and fear. So he was pleased to see that there was an area on this part of the land that sloped upwards and looked down over the other block of land. It'd be the perfect place for a military area. For one it was on high ground looking over the rest of his land. It'd be easy to stave off attacks from a place like this.

He nodded. It was the perfect piece of land to build it on. Now all that required was rounding up the locals, driving them off. Or indeed enslaving their asses. But as he had thought before. He already had enough slaves. Well, at least for now. Maybe he would need a few more when it came to actually carrying out construction on the military barracks. It was really something he wouldn't want to decide on his own. He'd ask the arcitecht about the whole thing before moving forward on his own. So, back to his own land it was. Didn't take too long. And the two buildings stood strongly against the horizon. Slaves were for now getting settled into their own quarters. Again, he was amazzed at just how easily they'd just up and gave into the life of slavery. Certainly made things much easier on his side.
Word Count: 318
Total Word Count: 946
PWC: 946
Quests:

Back to top Go down
Ethereal
Intern
Ethereal

Male

Rise of Gera'sey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Gera'sey   Rise of Gera'sey EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 8:27 am

" So I have a question for you". Penny stated as he walked into the doors of the contruction offices. The architect looked up with some anticipation. The man had been a strange one, just like Penny. He seeemd t love his job and the idea of designing new buildings was like...well. Tearing innocent beings apart limb from limb. Well. In the Oni fashion of thinking. One had to remember that they were indeed a rather brutal race. So suffice to say. He loved his work. Loved it a bit too much. " And what would that be sir?". First Penny had to lay out his plans of just what he was doing with the land. Not that thiswas going to be difficult considering the man had already told him before just what kind of ground he would be looking for in case of building any military fortifications.

" Well I've found the perfect land to start building the foundations for that military barracks. Of course...they're probably just going to be a base for town watch at the moment...but I'll be looking for something thats easiy capable of developing...". The mans face lit up as he took his pencil in hand and started drawing designs. " So then my lord what is your question?". Penny was just about to get to that..but he'd forgive the impaitnece on the mans part. He was a genius and liked to get on with his work in pace. " For this building, its going to be large. So I'm wondering if I should enslave the spirits on the land as opposed to just throwing them out, or do you think the slaves we have from here will be sufficent?". The architect looked up at him, and tapped the eraser edge of his pencil off his chin.
Word Count: 304
Total Word Count: 1250
PWC: 1250
Quests:

Back to top Go down
Ethereal
Intern
Ethereal

Male

Rise of Gera'sey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Gera'sey   Rise of Gera'sey EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 8:43 am

"...Hm...Big building, probably going to require alot of work, supports on the edges of the overface...plumbing...base...raising cementing..and thats not including any indoor practice aeas and other fortifications you woul need or want. Probably good idea to grab some as slaves. Although at the moment it would probably be best to wait till the construction actually begins....". Penny raised his eyebrow. " Wait till it begins before I enslave more of them?". The old architect nodded. " Yes, the slaves we have right now can start on cementing the ground and preparing for the building work. But as things stand, you would probably want to go about getting people who would actually be living inside this building on your side. You know, to help actually round up and keep the slaves...". He gestured outside. " The big dumb one is good as a driver and fear monger for the ones we've got right now. However if you took him away to get more, theres a slight possibility we may have issues with the ones we already have...".In these words, Pennywise saw the logic.

" So then. I suppose its best that you and the slaves come with me to check out the land". The architect nodded. " Just give me a moment to collect my materials...and inform the dumb one...". So out he went as the old oni rushed about gathering thing from paper to pencils and rulers, along with other strange devices no doubt for measuring. He poked the big one in the chest, his face twitched, first slight anger and then great fear. The big one wasn't used to getting bullied. But he already had a good idea of just how outpowered he was in comparison to his boss. " We're heading out, gather up the bitches and we'll start the building...the old man is collecting his stuff..".
Word Count: 309
Total Word Count: 1559
PWC: 1559
Quests:
"Land Acquisition" ~Completed~

Back to top Go down
Ethereal
Intern
Ethereal

Male

Rise of Gera'sey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Gera'sey   Rise of Gera'sey EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 6:20 am

Got another story for you. We'd grabbed the land successfully, little resistance from the locals around it. Was gonna go grab some more boys for the military in order to help with the whole enslavement process. Seems I was tired though. So tired I ended up taking a nap. Now usually thats a bad idea in Onitoshi. Although I was around my own servants, so...it was safe enough. Woke up. Library of sorts. Books laying out of place everywhere. Yet despite the mess of the place there didn't seem to be any cobwebs. It was just....a total mess. Reached down, picked up one of the books. Slight hesitation inside me. Why? Why was I hesitating to read? Seemed that there was nothing to it though. The books were blank. Utterly and completely blank. No matter how many I pulled off or picked up, every single one was nothing but blank pages. Made me ant to scream? Why? I don't know. Not everything is so clear to me in these dreams. Far too much like the beach. Far too little control. Walking forward now. Bend over a railing. This place seems to be a kind of dome. Winding upwards. Each floor of the library was another ring on the dome. By the looks of things, I was in the middle.

Looking for some stairs now, couldn't really find any, thats until I came across soe kind of gate. A metal grailing like an old fashioned castle proticulous. Slammed my hands on the gate, even my strength did little but cause noise. Noise that rang in and throughout this whole place. Ringing. Repeating, echoing off the walls. Whispering voice now in my mind, can't quite hear what its trying to say...soemthing about a boy. Something strange. Keep trying to listen, pressing my face against the cold metal guard of the grate.
Word Count: 310
Total Word Count: 1869
PWC: 1869
Quests:

Back to top Go down
Ethereal
Intern
Ethereal

Male

Rise of Gera'sey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Gera'sey   Rise of Gera'sey EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 6:37 am

Voice didn't get much louder, still there though, just a whisper, just out of reach. Again picking up a word. Boy. Fingers slipped around the grating, trying t think trying to pull. Need to know just hat it is thats going on. Then, behind the grating. Something moves. Jumps forward. Arms jump up. A figure passes through the grating. I recognise it, shadow with a mask. The mask of madness. But the shadow is smaller. Like a child. Moving too fast. Sword of black power comes down raise up a guard, palm the blade to the side, still cuts, but lightly as opposed to a death cut that was aimed. Usually a fighter would move to the left or right, dash pat or attempt another cut. This time though the figure just dived forward, kept going. Rammed into him. Burst into black smoke and mist. The masque of madness that it had been wearing fell to the floor. Shattered into bits. Tiny bits. Like bone fragments. Thats when I heard the voice again. This time though. The whisper was louder.

" The boy. Defragmenting".

I walk forward towards the grating, something seems to have changed when that figure passed through it. Raise up my hand. Place it on the grating. Flat palmed. From my palm, outspread a mark on the grating. A butterfly mark, like spreading red ink. Soemthing in the centre of the mark. Where my hand is. Afraid now, want to get rid of it. Don't want to lift my hand. Standing there for about five minutes maybe ten. Can't quite say. Time doesn't seem to mean much here.Lifted the hand up. Beneath the hand, there was a light. Spread outwards. The grating began to fade, like it was being eaten away. But the red butterfly mark didn't fade. It stayed there. Ominously floating in the air. Hand moved forward, touching the butterfly. Trying to push past it. And...vision faded into light.
Word Count: 328
Total Word Count: 2197
PWC: 2197
Quests:

Back to top Go down
Ethereal
Intern
Ethereal

Male

Rise of Gera'sey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Gera'sey   Rise of Gera'sey EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 6:51 am

The light faded,was in somewhere else now. It was a big building. Light shining in. Raised hand to shade my eyes from it. It looked like an expensive house. Walked around. Floors. Hardwood. Reminded me slightly of a personal joke between myself and Shiori. As I wandered around this house though I realised that there was something inherantly wrong about this place. For example. There was a toilet in the middle of a corridor. Who the hell put a urinal on the wall of a house corridor? Approached it. Looked into it. There was a magazine lying there. Didn't appear to be wet. Had to wonder if this urinal actually worked or if it was just some sort of fucked up decoration for whoever owned this house. The magazine's cover was ironically something to do with bathrooms. There was something inside me now that was tugging me towards one of this places bathrooms. Had to wonder as I walked, just why it was that I knew this was the way to the bathroom.

Walked inside. pushing the bleach white door open. Another thing about this building, the walls were white. Almost like a kind of plastic. Just added to the dream like reality this was. Even if this wasn't a dream. I'd probably have been hesitant to believe that a place like this actually existed. The bathroom, on the floor. A roll of money. Again. It seemed to dominate the background of this bleach white area. Just a roll of money randomly placed in the centre of the room. Once again, that sense of strange fear and curiousity. Just why was the money there. And why was there a sense of need. A need to have that money. That we would need it. That we wanted it for some purpose. Once again, little control. Headed towards the roll. Couldn't help it....bent down and...
Word Count: 313
Total Word Count: 2512
PWC: 2512
Quests:

Back to top Go down
Ethereal
Intern
Ethereal

Male

Rise of Gera'sey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Gera'sey   Rise of Gera'sey EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 7:16 am

Barely managed to palm asie another blade, it came from the floor. From my shadow. The masked figure once again. Stabbing again. Palmed it aside. This time. It came from behind. Just managed to duck it. Blackness covering the walls. The blades coming from every shadow. Barely managing to keep them at bay, keep each of the blows from becoing fatal. But the blankess is speading. Even as I retreat its almost going to be impossible to escape it. Out onto a balcony overlooking the first floor. Jump down. Got the roll of money in hand. Holding it like its all that matters. But why does it matter so much? That was a question best left to human scholars. Why did money matter so mmuch to their society. Then again, reverse question. Why did it mean so little to him in his mind. But so much to him in this dream. Blackness continued to spread. Coming fromm every nook and hole. The windows. Yes, looked out them, drawing back the curtains. But even the sky is blackening over. A dawning realisation.

There is no escape

Put the money in my pocket. It'd be safe there for now. Gathered up what courage and power there as, and plundged itno the darkness. Blades came from everywhere. Guard managed to pal aside some. But not all. Felt them stabbing from all sides, But still hands were moving protecting those vital points. Stumbled frward in the dark. There was a light. Still, putting those blades, turning them aside. The mask...it wanted me dead. Madness didn't like to share with sanity.The light was of a television. Illuminated the darkness. White static playing off against the background. Driving back the shadows. Stumbled forward. Fell forwards. Kept crawling. Blades now dragging at my legs. Agony beyond description.
Word Count: 301
Total Word Count: 2813
PWC: 2813
Quests:

Back to top Go down
Ethereal
Intern
Ethereal

Male

Rise of Gera'sey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Gera'sey   Rise of Gera'sey EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 8:02 am

Managed to crawl onto the sofa, th light rom the static television seemed to keep back the blades. At least for now. A picture popped up n the screen. Daylight. A stret. Grass. Two figures taking one another in an embrace. Somehow they both ended up on the grass. Rolling. Kissing. And here I was, sitting in this dark roo and watching sch a thing. It was almost as if I was being mocked by this. Mocked by the very thing that I'd never be able to endulge in. And yet despite this feeling of passing jealousy and agitation by the mocking. I couldn't help but feel a slight sense of happiness for the two in the picture. Was begining to feel sleepy now. Probably the blood loss. But...should I be feeling sleepy? This was a dream after all. Wasn't it?

A face appeared on the television screen. The masque. The room grew darker and darker. Till there was nothing left but the yellow eyes of the masque and then...the small siloutted shape of myself. Didn't have the energy to raise my hands. Didn't have the energy to fight against it. And then. Nothingness. I was in the library again. The other side of the butterfly mark in the air. Where the gate had once been. There was a staircase. Moved downwards. The lower floor seemed to be almost identical to the one I had ben on at first. But the books...the books were different/ There wre words on the leather binding. I knew I could read them but. The words, the moment I did read them. I couldn't remember what they had said...it wa a rather...curious thing..
Word Count: 277
Total Word Count: 3090
PWC: 3090
Quests:
Skilled Guard: Trained > Honed.

Back to top Go down
Ethereal
Intern
Ethereal

Male

Rise of Gera'sey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Gera'sey   Rise of Gera'sey EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 4:31 pm

The library. It was a strange place. And this inability to read, or rather inability to remember what he was reading. Was a strange thing. A mad thing. Likely, with this and the combination of the mask's appearance throughout the damnable dream. This was a result of the madness that had formed the mask. That was part of his demonic heritage. A lord of madness. Who had yet to master his own madness. He sat, back against the shelf. He formed his power in his hand. The bone like structure of the mask of madness appearing, forming there resting in his palm. He stared at it. The dirty white wasn't like bone at all.Not fresh bone anyways. More like the bone of an old skeleton. One long rotted away. Just like his own physical body. His real one anyways. Perhaps...that was why he couldn't remember what the words in these books said.

He placed the masque down next to him. And picked up another one of the books. This one with a green leather cover. He opened the book. Skimmed each word. Understanding what each one said. But the moment his eyes moved onto the next word in the sentence. He forgot what the previous one said. Like his old dreams. His old memories. Things that were almost transparant. Gone. He closed the book and placed it down by his side. He looked over to the masque. It was calling him again. Wanting him to put it on. But no. For now. He'd refuse it.
Word Count: 258
Total Word Count: 3348
PWC: 3348
Quests:

Back to top Go down
Ethereal
Intern
Ethereal

Male

Rise of Gera'sey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Gera'sey   Rise of Gera'sey EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 4:49 pm

Another gate. This one slightly different from the last one, words on it. Words I can read easily. To progress requires sacrifice. Reqires blood. But can I even bleed within a dream? Spikes protrude now from this gate. They tell me. Beg me. Bleed upon me. Bleed upon me. The mask, it looks at me. Tells me to put it on. Tells me that it will take my pain away. I resist. I look at the spikes. And push mmyself on. The pain is horrible. It feels as if, the spike is rough. No. Not just rough. It feels as if there are more spikes within the spike. The pain is great as blood begins to flow. But, even the greatest pain is nothing. Each second that passes pain continues to grow. As if with each passing moment a new realisation and understanding of what pain is seems to come upon me.

Dead was my resolve to fight it. I accepted the masque. And the madness. Almost immediatly. The pain meant nothing. Laughter consumed me. Nothing left now too much madness. The pain wasn't there. It felt like a tickle. Soemthing to continue and even push on the laughter and insanity. Understanding...the madness and power of the masque brought upon a numbness of body. It dulled the pain. Just as madness dulled the inner pain of life. Pushed further onto the spikes. Blood rushed out before collapsing. Collapsing. And then. Awakening on the outside of the gate.He lay down, letting the darkness flow in.
Word Count: 256
Total Word Count: 3603
PWC: 3603
Quests:
Learned: Bitter Mercy (Novice)

Back to top Go down
Ethereal
Intern
Ethereal

Male

Rise of Gera'sey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Gera'sey   Rise of Gera'sey EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 4:52 pm

Mid thread update!
Back to top Go down
Ethereal
Intern
Ethereal

Male

Rise of Gera'sey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Gera'sey   Rise of Gera'sey EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 6:33 am

Vinticus, forest of the Hogasha. It was here that he would findthose that he required to build a military that would cause even the greatest Oni in Onitoshi to quake in their boots. Vinticus was used as a place to train a future Hogasha, those who protected movement between worlds. Gatekeepers. They needed to be the strongest of the strong. And that’s just what he required. Penny himself had been granted access to this ancient training ground where time meant less. Where an Oni could perfect their skills far quicker than they would normally be allowed. The weak did not belong in Vinticus. He remembered the words of the cloaked demon well. This was precisely why he had come here. He needed those who were potential Hogasha in his army. But first he would need to break them. And break them he would.

But first he would need an advantage. That, and the proper mentality. He focused the madness within him and formed the Masque of Madness resting there on his palm. It felt light, its structure and texture like that of old dusty bone. But it was strong. Even now he could feel the waves of madness coming from the masque. Begging him to place it upon his face. Begging him to let it overtake him. And he’d allow it. After all. He needed to be feared. He needed to break them. And with no one around but enemies. There was no real risk to using it. He had trained with it enough that it was now little more than a potential threat. If he concentrated. He could rip it off. With effort. And he would need to do that if he was going to allow these people to live. To live and join him. To march upon his land and bring people and slaves.

Total Word Count: 306
PWC: 306
Quests:

Back to top Go down
Ethereal
Intern
Ethereal

Male

Rise of Gera'sey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Gera'sey   Rise of Gera'sey EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 6:35 am

His first opponent was of course himself. Overcoming his own hesitation about using the power of the masque. But this was quickly put aside. The masque slowly brought to his face. The moment the skin and bone of himself and the masque touched. He felt the power and the freedom of insanity flow through him. But like when he had used it before. He kept himself fully grounded within the body, refusing to be locked away in his own head. He would keep himself here. The insanity struggled with him slightly before letting go. He had to let that little voice know that he wasn’t just something that could be put away. That he was the master and it was the hound on the chain. A rabid hound but one none the less. On the outside to any watching Penny would be laughing softly under his own breath. One of the main side effects of the mask. A laughter that was uncontrollable. One that he couldn’t stop.Just everything seemed to be so funny to the masque. So fucking hilarious.

Life, death. Pain blood. Everything. It was hilarious to that thing on his face. But he slid those thoughts away, focusing himself into his own training and the recruitment of his army. His first opponent was a slender foe. Equipped with a pair of guns, it was odd to se an Oni take the use of guns. But then they sold them in Arden and most of the bullets tended to carry with them the spiritual power of the Oni. Something that was in itself chaotic and unstable to begin with. Giving these weapons a far deadlier edge than normal bullets would ever carry. He thought that he would explain his purpose to this demon. But the masque wasn’t willing to allow that. It wanted him to dive in and tear it apart now. And without any real warning he couldn’t excert control over it. So in he dived. Fist flying towards his opponent. Laughing his head off the full way. It was an odd feeling, looking through those eyes and feeling everything, the soil under his feet, the heat of the forest, everything around him.

But yet to have no real control. To just be a silent spectator. The slender Oni with the guns seemed rather taken aback by the madness and abrupt nature of the attack. Despite the insanity it seemed that his body still knew the movements of the martial arts and fighting techniques that he had mastered in the human realm. The fist was dodged, but a kick was brought up, its speed almost lightning fast. Hammering into the Oni’s chest. Howeve, this forest wasn’t for the weak. That alone would have been enough to kill the regular

Word Count: 461
Total Word Count: 767
PWC: 767
Quests:

Back to top Go down
Ethereal
Intern
Ethereal

Male

Rise of Gera'sey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Gera'sey   Rise of Gera'sey EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 6:38 am

But not this one. He was winded, but little else. Dodging back a few steps and then taking aim with his guns. He unleashed a volley of shots. However, once again his body seemed to remember more than it was given credit for. Hand was raised. One bullet, two, three. Caught in mid air. Still smoking from the heat of the weapon. For a second the laughter stopped. It seemed that his body and madness were as surprised as he was. Only a few weeks ago he’d been unable to catch three daggers never mind three bullets. However this was an interesting development. And it would no doubt give him a massive advantage against opponents of Shiori in the human realm whilst he was hiding as Wiseman. The break from laughing however didn’t last long. He didn’t really expect it to however. Rushing forward once again, he unleashed kick after kick in lightning speed. With the mask his hand to hand power was strong. Incredible. He held absolutely nothing back. Each single kick was enough to severely damage a normal Oni. But when they were coming at such speed it was nearly impossible to dodge. Nearly impossible to recover. But somehow this demon did it. Once again. Shooting off a barrage of bullets. Penny caught 2, but the third slipped through his fingers and caught him in the shoulder. However. There was no pain. Only laughter. The masque enjoyed pain. Soaked it up and spat it back out again in the malice contained within its own sick twisted behaviour. More bullets. More catching. This time however when he had finished catching them. He rushed in. Penny felt the masques intent. It was going to tear the head of this Oni and then look for another fight. But no. He couldn’t and wouldn’t allow such a thing. To let such potential go to waste. So he thought it was best that he now took a stand against the masque. He dug his heels in. Well. Metaphorically.

On the outside he stopped laughing. Almost as if the masque could sense his intent. He took up his hand. Taking control of it. And brought it to his face. Gripped at the masque. And pulled down with everything he had. The Masque shattered. And he had control of himself again. But there was still the question of what to do with the Oni that lay in front of him. Well that was simply answered. Gun shots rang out. He blocked one, and then slid down. Swooping his leg under the Oni and bringing him to the ground. Quickly recovering Penny quickly used his telekentic power. Forcing the two guns away, and then placing a foot on the opponents throat.

Word Count: 456
Total Word Count: 1223
PWC: 1223
Quests:
"Land Upgrading" ~In Progress
Vinticus Training bonus: 1223 X1.25=1532
Snatch, Trained > Honed

Back to top Go down
Ethereal
Intern
Ethereal

Male

Rise of Gera'sey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Gera'sey   Rise of Gera'sey EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 11:55 am

Hand outstretched and a rather confused look on the survivors face. Admittedly he'd probably be confused if the situation was rversed as well. But it wasn't and he would need to explain himself. He put it uite short and simply. " I'm building an army. And I'm going to need strong fighters. You've impressed me". Silence again, kind of shocked look in the eyes of the other Oni, again. Not something that particularly surprised him at this stage. In Onitoshi. Nevermind the glass forest vinticus. Defeat usually meant death. Whether said death was quick or slow was irrelavent. But it was gauranteed. " Your serious?". The other Oni asked. Pennywis put up a rather quizzical look, but then relised this was irrelavent due to his appearance within the Onihume form. " Quite serious my friend, I'm building a city, nearby Solvay. Its still in construction but it is coming along well. And I want you to serve under me". The Oni gave a rather cocky grin.

" And what makes you think that I won't just turn around and shoot you in the back one day?".

Penny couldn't help but crack out a grin, lean in and whisper ever so gently. " Because, the very fact you are in this training ground mmeans you arn't an idiot....which eants you wouldn't be stupid enough to do that...knowing I'd rip your face off and force you to eat it". The cocky grin from th other Oni's face faded. my it was just like how he got the slave drivr on his side. Gotta beat em down, then finish them off with horrible images. With that he'd gotten his first soldier. He gave the gunner the directions to get to the site of construction. And sent him on his way. As for Penny. He'd continue looking. And fighting.

Total Word Count: 1532
PWC: 1532
Quests:
"Land Upgrading" ~In Progress

Back to top Go down
Ethereal
Intern
Ethereal

Male

Rise of Gera'sey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Gera'sey   Rise of Gera'sey EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 4:17 am

The enxt fight was wwithin relative simplisity, a large figure. But he ha to remember particularly from his training with the robed demon that size didn't always give a good indication of how fast something was going to be. That training golem after all had been a real bitch to fight. He pulled on the masque and on came the madness, driving him forward this time instead o back. Pushing him into the fight. He leaped in, the laughing becoming a loud echoing presense within the forest once more. All while his body and the mmadness fought. He had to wonder whether or not the watchers were indeed living up to their names and watching such a thing. After all the first time that he had actually prayed to them the robed demon appeared. So it was very likely that these enigmatic beings, whoeer they were were keeping an eye on most people if not all who were in this forest.

Kick after kick and yet although he kept himself grounded his mind couldn't help but wander. These watchers, what was their purpose and what goal did they serve towards by keeping an eye on them. And what abuot the Hogasha. What role did they play in the gate keepers lives. He himself had gone through Hogasha training. But regardless. He was going to need to step things up a level if he was going to prove to the watchers or anyone else that he was the demon lord that was required to rule. Whack another blow to the chest of the opponent demon, bastard didn't seem to stumble back thought even with the power and speed behind the kicks augmented by his demonic and the masques own strength. Laughter seemed to move to a whisper. Seemed this opponent would make a good ally.

Total Word Count: 1838
PWC: 1838
Quests:
"Land Upgrading" ~In Progress~ 615/1500

Back to top Go down
Ethereal
Intern
Ethereal

Male

Rise of Gera'sey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Gera'sey   Rise of Gera'sey EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 4:25 am

Battle wasn't going great for the masque, but perhpas that would b a little lesson, to teach it that it wasn't always going to be able to handle itself on its own. For that reasn he held back himself. Letting his own logic drift as he watched the insanity fight this opponent on its own. Indeed the insanity had a full grasp of his techniques and the power it presented was substantial. But its inability to really think and plan left it as nothing but brute force. Little better than the lower class demons and spirits that wandered nitoshi. He would need to gain full control of the msque. And would do so in time when such a thing suited him. However for now the most important thing was establishing his power base and gaining Oni in this forest who were strong enough to provide him with a very powerful military force.

Hogasha trained military.Was there anything better? He doubted it. One of the main advantages to doing it here as well however was that little extra time bonus he got. Time flowed differently here. Skills that would take two hours to learn on the outside. Indeed, took two hours to learn in here. However, the time that had passed was different. He coul step inside vinticus, spend a good day in there and only a few hours would have passed on the outside. i was something that was really quite remarkable. However if the watchers had trained Dem here as well. It made sense as to why the Onitoshi Hogasha was known as the strongest of them all. After all. He had to be.. He doubted that the Kami Onitoshi would have to constantly deal with aggressive Oni. Particularly ones like himelf who wanted to get into the human world. The Oni lords.

Word Count: 304
Total Word Count: 2142
PWC: 2142
Quests:
"Land Upgrading" ~In Progress~ 919/1500

Back to top Go down
Ethereal
Intern
Ethereal

Male

Rise of Gera'sey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Gera'sey   Rise of Gera'sey EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 4:39 am

As the masque began to gain control of the battle again, his mind wondered more on the subject o Dem. He had heard from the old Oni sage that Dem was the greatest of the Hogasha but had recently took off. Leaving Onitoshi without a gatekeeper. Letting practically any and all Oni into the human realm. Perhaps that was the main cause of alarm for Division 12. That there were far more spirits coming in that was normmal. Or perhaps it was something to do with Dem's disappearance. Honestly though he knew nothing about it. He merely remembered awakening in that alleyway. Even the times before, when the drums had rled his mind were now becoming hazy. Then again that made sense. If his insanity was pressuring itself down to form the mold of the maque then those times would likely be part of it.Leaving him with little more than the memories of the silence. Of now.

Indeed it appeared that he asn't going to have to intervine in this battle. It seemed that his own bodies ability not to feel pain due to the msque was going to win out in the end against the larger Oni opponent. It was an amazing thing really. To take a hit and not feel anything of it. Well that was a lie. There was a feeling, but it wasn't the horror of pain. No quite the opposite it felt as if something had just started tickling you. Made him want to laugh all the more. That was omething he was going to have to learn to control along with the masque. He didn't like the contant laughter. Sure it was something that would likely freak his opponents out to no end. But it left him rather horse afterwards. And he didn't like the taste of the sore throat medication.

Word Count: 308
Total Word Count: 2450
PWC: 2450
Quests:
"Land Upgrading" ~In Progress~ 1227/1500

Back to top Go down
Ethereal
Intern
Ethereal

Male

Rise of Gera'sey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Gera'sey   Rise of Gera'sey EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 6:25 am

Yup, sore throat medication, it was a real bitch after one had worn the masque. The laughter usually brought on a loss of voice and then a bitching case of horse throat. And of course the meds didn't really do him much good. They ended up causing horrible stmach cramps and nightmarish diaherrea. Although again...not really something that needed to be brought up at this moment in time. Or thought about really. A final swift kick across the face of the opponent delivered just what was required, an ending strike. At this point he took hold of himself, right before his inanity managed to deliver the final blow. It seemed to be getting angry at him. Curing him for putting it back in that box as he tore the mask from his face and it shattered into pieces on the ground. Like the last Oni. Penny reached down and offered his hand. Once again he was looked up at with some confusion in the eyes off his opponent. He had to wonder if this was going to happen every single time he did this. The answer however he already knew, was a resounding and likely yes. He sighed. And looked down at the Oni.

" I'm building an army". He pointed out once again. At this stage he had to think that he'd be repeating himself quite a bit. So would it be a good idea to come up with the one single recruitment speech to ave himself time? Tempting thought. But then again, it was probably better to go with the whole personal approach thing. If he was going to be recruiting from this personal stock of warriors then he would need to at leat give themm the respect of making them feel like individuals as opposed to some random faceless soldier who he was hiring simply because he was the first that he stumbled across. Even if that in...one way or another was the truth. " You are strong, you managed to give me a good fight". Again, not precisely true. He had let the msque fully control his actions in that last fight. It was likely that if he had put more of his own logical input into it the Oni would have ben torn to shreads. But whatever made him feel better. " So, I offer you this chance to join my army...those I have choosen will meet in the construction area of my city and await further instruction from myself". The larger Oni looked questioning , but then took the hand that Penny had offered.

It was pretty much the same deal with the slender demon. He knew he would likely have to continue showing his ruthlessness if he was going to keep them in line. But training would take care of that.
Word Count: 469
Total Word Count: 2919
PWC: 2919
Quests:
"Land Upgrading" ~Completed~ 1696/1500
Martial Arts, Honed > Mastered
Vinticus Training Bonus: 1696x1.25 =2120
Back to top Go down
Ethereal
Intern
Ethereal

Male

Rise of Gera'sey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Gera'sey   Rise of Gera'sey EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 6:34 am

The larger Oni stood there for a moment seeming to consider the deal, before speaking up. " Your strong, and that masque power of yours is something else. So I'll fight for you, but just know that I ain't gonna be fighting for a loser. You make sure you win every single battle, make sure you tear your enemies to pieces". He grunted. " Thats the kind of leader I need to follow". Pennywise listened to it. In a way this larger gruff Oni seemed to represent the typical demonic atttidude. However he had brains. His presense here was enough to prove that. It just meant that he had an attitude along with those brains. " Very well, I promise you that I shall show no mercy to our enemies. My outpost is nearby Solvay forest....you may head there now or...". The Larger Oni raised an eyebrow. " Or?". A thought had struck Penny at this moment. If he was going to gather the fifty followers he was going to need. Then oing it on his own would be a very slow process.

He couldn't trust the slave driver Oni to do it. As he wasn't strong or smart enough. But this one, he was smmart and strong. And scary looking enough to drive the point home like a hammer hitting a nail. "Well, you could help me with the recruitment process. I came here to Vinticus to both find potiental followers in my army and to train myself whilst getting them....You I imagine came here for the Hogasha training. Like many others. So...its likely that if you remain here and train you will encounter others....I will allow you to stay here if it is your wish...to recruit as many as you fight....once you are tired...you may return to my outpost...along with any of the other Oni you have recruited. ".
Word Count: 312
Total Word Count: 3231
PWC: 3231
Quests:
"Land Upgrading" ~Completed~ 312/1500
Back to top Go down
Ethereal
Intern
Ethereal

Male

Rise of Gera'sey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Gera'sey   Rise of Gera'sey EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 6:51 am

The larger Oni looked down at him and raised an eyebrow. " And you trust me with this? What if I grow stronger than you through training here? Do you really expect me to follow someone weaker?" Penny let out a low pitched chortle. " Me weaker than you? Your forget my friend that I gained victory over you, and that was only using my fists, trust me when I say I have far more power than just that....and I will be here training as well...so in the end you hold no advantage over me...I will still emerge the stronger of us two...you will still serve me in the end". The large Oni, curiously nodded to this. It seemed that he'd gotten the idea through his head and wasn't about to argue about it. Usually ego or pride got in the way of thins such as this. But much like himself. It seemmed that this Oni knew that to gain strength one had to identify their own weakness first.

" Very well then my lord, I will recruit as many as I can before my body gives in and forces me to retreat back out to Solvay". Pennywise nodded. " Very good, the majority of my followers will likely be on a hill overlooking several of the other buildings, they are building up a military base.And that is likely where you my friend will be staying". Again, nothing but the briefest of nods and the Oni went his own way. Now as for Penny he would need to find another opponent. However he felt with this one that he had taken a positive step. Doubling the man power meant cutting down the time he would be spending finding more troops within these glass forests. And it would likely mean by the time he got out. That he could look upon a more complete Gera'sey.
Word Count: 315
Total Word Count: 3546
PWC: 3546
Quests:
"Land Upgrading" ~Completed~ 627/1500
Back to top Go down
Ethereal
Intern
Ethereal

Male

Rise of Gera'sey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Gera'sey   Rise of Gera'sey EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 7:10 am

Meanwhile back at the site of Gera'sey things were going relatively well. The slender demon from his first incursion into Vinticus had joined with the arcitecht and the slave driver in rounding up some more reliable slaves. And with all those slaves on the go things were really begining to pick up. Building work was moving far faster than was expected, but with all three followers keeping a close eye on the slave populace that was to be really expected. Penny's own reputation within Arden also seemed to be paying dividends at this point. His ruthless nature in both taking additional lands and punishing those who opposed him had won him some required respect outside and in Onitoshi. People were begining to come to Gera'Sey. And thats just what was required. Sure he could build his own outpost....but he would require people to live in it. The town, and future city of his reign was begining to take form.

He would soon come to realise this. But for now he was in a place where nothing like that mattered. In the glass forests of Vinticus. The outside. Onitoshi itself. Did not really exist. One could walk through this forest eternally and never find the exit. Not that he was willing to try such a thing. But its what that old sage had said. And he hadn't been wrong thus far. Those watchers were really omething. Again though. Just made him suspicious as to just what they were watching for. Perhaps they wre testing something, or maybe it wa just a centuries long game of chess. Good versus evil. And a bet between the lot of them to see who would win. But things were never so black and white. Pennywise himself was a testament to just how gray things could become when allowed to.
Word Count: 307
Total Word Count: 3853
PWC: 3853
Quests:
"Land Upgrading" ~Completed~ 934/1500

Back to top Go down
Ethereal
Intern
Ethereal

Male

Rise of Gera'sey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Gera'sey   Rise of Gera'sey EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 7:54 am

Fight after fight had left him relatively tired. It had been a long time since he had trained so hard. Particularly in these kinds of conditions. He'd been drawing upon the power of his masque of madness heavily. And had even been forced to using his shadow magic against some opponents. Somewhere in his mmind he had to wonder how his larger companion was faring. Ater he had finished the last fight. He decided that it would be best now if he called it a day. He slunk into the shadows. Into the coldness, using his shadow teleportation technique to move quickly to the west. Towards the statues that marked the dimensional entrance to vinticus. Here he would wait. ait for the larer Oni. However as he approached moving quickly through the shadows. He felt the presense of multiple Oni. Including his larger companion. As he reached the last shadow. He emerged from the coldness of the darkness. And looked upon the gathered rabble. The larger Oni looked over at him. Seemed he had gathered his lot to meet him as opposed to just sending them to Gera'Sey. Was probably a good idea. Steeling himself for the coming meeting. He tried to look as sinister as possible.

He didn't have the scary size of his companion to work with. However his Onihume form and the constant smoke like darkness it expelled were enough to put the chills up the spines of most humans. But then these were Oni. It was doubtful that they would scare so easily. The larger Oni gestured to him. " This is the demon lord you will be following...his city, Gera'Sey will be the one you will serve and protect...". Pennywise let out a light chuckle. But it was not one that was light of heart. But sinister. With a darker tone to it. " To protect yes....but should there be any troubles among the people there....I expect nothing but heartless brutalisation...". This seemed to rise a few grins from within the crowd. Good. He needed to keep them on his side. " I expect from you all the same thing that I would expect from myself. You will serve my city. And me. You will follow my orders to the letter, if you fail to do so. You will die. If you break my rules. You will die. If you think a single trecherous thought you will DIE". He let out a light growl. Pacing up and down between them now.

" Death won't be quick either, Any of you fuck about enough and I'll do it personally. And trust me when I say you do not want to fucking have me killing you slowly".

Once again, this seemed to rouse some respect from the gathered mass. " However. Serve me well. And you'll all gain the power and glory thats coming to you. The honour of serving under an arch demon. And the power that comes with such a role....I have a dream for Gera'Sey, one that will involve greater trade and expansion...and building our ties to the human world". There were now a few whispers among the crowd. " I've got no doubt that every single one of you want to cement the bridge between Onitoshi and the human realm. Well. Together. Under me...we will do that!". There was a cheer in the crowd now. And it was begining to build.

" I'll lead you out of this forest and towards the future in the new city of Onitoshi. Arden will be a forgotten relic of the past!". He clenched his fist and raised it. All the other Oni followed. Another resounding cheer. The larger demon. His companion in recruiting followed this action along with the others. Getting down on one knee in front of him. He couldn't help but crack a grin. By the end of this he was so going to need something to smoke. But at this point none of that mattered. All that mattered was that he was doing precisely what he had set out to do in the first place. Provide protection for Shiori. By becoming the lord he was now fitting into. He had gained the power to build a city. He planned to have that city build connections with he human realm.

Firstly. And more specifically. Kyro corp. His. Wisemans. Employers. And Shiori's future company. He would in this form. Request a meeting with the head of the Kyro corp, offer his proposal. But in exchange demand the deal be brokered by Shiori. Using some excuse, perhaps that she was a warrior of some reknown even within Onitoshi. And that he respected her strength. Brokering such a deal would bring her more influence within the company. And would of course...grant her protection within the circles of demons.
Word Count: 805
Total Word Count: 4658
PWC: 4658
Quests:
"Land Upgrading" ~Completed x2~ 1739/1500
Shadow Teleport Honed > Mastered

Back to top Go down
Ethereal
Intern
Ethereal

Male

Rise of Gera'sey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Gera'sey   Rise of Gera'sey EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 8:13 am

And so, with that. Penny led his new group of soldiers out of Vinticus. Counting these ones with those that he himself had recruited he counted maybe fifty soldiers. At the moment they would do for a guard. But he would not be able to spare any for excursions. At least. Not yet. But that would come in time. For now he just had to lead them into Gera'Sey itself. It'd been awhile since he'd actually been back at the original site. Back when he had just started the process of becoming a demon lord. Back when Gera'sey was little more than a dream. And all that he had going for him was a ind to protect Shiori. And that was still on the fore front of his mind. But listening to the foot falls of the men behind him. The men who followed and believed in him. He couldn't help but feel that fate had granted both he and Shiori something greater.

He was a demon lord now. And that was itself established. As he and his men came to the edge of Solvay. He looked out onto the fields of his own land. And was. Surprised. To say the least. Gera'Sey. Was quite well developed. It was a skeleton of a town/city. A feew people moving through its gates. On the outskirts. He saw to the right the slaves still working on the lands he had sent them to. The archetecht had done and excellent job with this intial place. And was continuing to do so on the western plains that he had captured. He let the other soldiers look out onto his land. He gestured to it with a single hand. " For now. This will be your home. This will be the place that you will protect. Its people to serve". An with that. He headed down the hill away from the forests towards the city. There was still a lot of work to do getting it set up.

Although the city had its skeletal parts, and there were people moving in. He would have to start setting up laws and systems. Including taxes. Yup. Taxes. That would probably be one of his favourite parts to the job.

Word Count: 373
Total Word Count: 5031
PWC: 5031
Quests:
"Land Upgrading" ~Completed x2~ 610/1500

Back to top Go down
Ethereal
Intern
Ethereal

Male

Rise of Gera'sey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Gera'sey   Rise of Gera'sey EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 8:31 am

First thing that was required upon entering Gera'Sey was drawing back his architect from the outlying lands. He had t congratualte the guy on a job well done, but it wasn't qquite done yet. Expansion still needed to continue. Which was one of the mans grievences about being drawn back from his work. Work that he throughly enjoyed. Although we've already covered that. However he needed to talk to the man about setting up taxes and sorts. To which the man had one response. " Isn't your first priority. Already peple have started to pile in. But they need to know whos in charge of this city. Since you were off in that forest grabbing your soldiers. They've not got a clue. Best that you hold some kind of ralley to get their attention. After that. Start setting up the mains of the city.....There was building it. But now you have to install yourself as the leader of it". Pennywise cursed himself inwardly.

The old bastard was right. He hadn't spent enough time between here and the human realm. If he had just stuck to this place chances are that he would have been able to get the solders that were required and get the recognition as the guy in charge. But that just wasn't possible. He neede ot play the role of wiseman as well. And as hard as it was to admit. His priorities actually lay with his role as Wiseman as opposed to the Archdemon he should be. " Bah bugger...very well....". He looked over to the larger emon, the one who had helped him with the recruitment. " Gather the troops. We're going on a march". Fist order of buisness. Find out who was living here. And inspire fear and respect into the fuckers. That was if his reputation didn't do that already.
Total Word Count: 5340
PWC: 5340
Quests:
"Land Upgrading" ~Completed x2~ 919/1500

Back to top Go down
Ethereal
Intern
Ethereal

Male

Rise of Gera'sey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Gera'sey   Rise of Gera'sey EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 8:44 am

For the most part his soldiers had actually been getting themselves aquinted with the city. Which is something that Penny himself had to do. However he wouldn't let them know that and would continue strutting about as if he knew the place like the back of his hand. The larger Oni who for the moment was going to be acting as hi right hand in mmilitary affairs had gathered up the soldiers for him to speak to once again. " It seems that we need to start establishing a pecking order within this city. As you all no doubt know, Onitoshi is not precisely known for a place that respects law and order. For the most part Arden is a murder haven. Filled with crime and other such issues....let it be known I will not have the same in Gera'Sey. Those who enter this place will follow our laws. Or they will die". Of course, he hadn't actually drawn up those laws yet...however he would get to that the moment this whole parade thing was down with. That and the taxes. Couldn't forget about the taxes. " I want ten of you to start moving out and gathering what people have arrived towards the centre of the city. We will move from there inwards. And I shall present myself to the people". The larger officer Oni took control of this situation and picked ten. They saluted and were then sent off.

It was at this stage he had to decide ust how to approach this situation. He had never really been one for crowd speaking or leading. But he had been forced into this situation by circimstance. And was required to take up his seat of power if he was going to serve Shiori properly. What an amusing idea. An archdemon serving a human.
Word Count: 305
Total Word Count: 5645
PWC: 5645
Quests:
"Land Upgrading" ~Completed x2~ 1224/1500

Back to top Go down
Ethereal
Intern
Ethereal

Male

Rise of Gera'sey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Gera'sey   Rise of Gera'sey EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 9:09 am

The centre of this budding city was a rather easy place to see. In the centre there was a marker. Fou statues with a large sundial in the centre. Two of the statues with angel wings. The other two with devil.Rather appropriate. The new soldiers of Gera'Sey began to gather up the people who ha moved into the city. For the most part none of them gave much trouble, which was a good sign. Meant that they were likely gonna lie down to most of the laws and rules that he was gonna smack on their asses. At least he hoped that would be the case. Otherwise things would have to get bloody. And well he couldn't really shy away from the whole blood letting thing.Such was the life of an arch demon. Had to show them who was boss. And nothing said boss like a good old torture / maim/ kill session.

They stood there silently. And Penny waited till the crowd had gathered and were whispering among themselves. Then he moved in with the fourty remaining trops. The ten who had gathered kept peace among the crowd. Ready to unleash magic and weapon on any who attempted to cause trouble. The fourty them spread themselves out. Ineveloping the crowd to make sure that, like the other ten. No trouble would start. But most of all to ensure that none got any bright ideas about attacking Penny either. " Alright ladies and gents. I'm sure your already quite aware that this new city is going to be providing a lot more interesting things than Arden or new Arden. But I can tell you those things won't come for free.....this isn't going to be like any other city in hell. This is going to be something new. Something safe. At least for those who understand. And for those who obey".
Total Word Count: 5957
PWC: 5957
Quests:
"Land Upgrading" ~Completed x3~ 1536/1500

Back to top Go down
Ethereal
Intern
Ethereal

Male

Rise of Gera'sey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Gera'sey   Rise of Gera'sey EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 9:36 am

" And what if we don't obey!?". Ah the typical and expected shout out from the crowd. Penny had but one simple answer to that. The demon in charge of his current forces, the large one who had helped with the recruiting stepped forwards. But Penny ade a hand gesture for him to move back. Shaking his head. No, he would deal with this. He couldn't be seen as a ruler who needed his soldiers to deal with problems. No they needed them to fear his wrath. Not the wrath of his minions. " Why then my outspoken friend, you will fucking die". Penny raised up his hand and the shadows around that man began to twist and contort. Hands shot up from around them. His Shadow minions. There was a mild panic in the crowd at first as they began to drag themselves out and drag the man in. But his sldiers kept the crowd peaceful and at bay. The man was begining to beg for mercy.

Wiseman, would have likely shown it. But Pennywise the arch demon. Could afford no such little mercy. He made a throat slitting gesture towards his minions. And they began to tear him apart. The first white lamb. The first sacrifice to baptise the new city. The shadow familars began to lay him out on the ground. Four of them holding down a limb each. He struggled. The last one stood over him. Awaiting Penny's own command. He lifted a hand and swept it aside. Everyone was watching he made sure of that. He wanted them to see just what would happen if they thought abotu disobeying him. Even his soldiers. The first familiar drove its claws into the Oni's abdomen. And then ruthlessly. Mercilessly. Tore out an organ. It reached back and threw that organ into a nearby fire. The smell of it crackling and cooking reached even Penny. This repeated with each of his organs. Before he decided that this was enough. The looks of horror upon the face of his prospective citizens was enough to tell him that.
Word Count: 349
Total Word Count: 6306
PWC: 6306
Quests:
"Land Upgrading" ~Completed x3~ 385/1500

Back to top Go down
Ethereal
Intern
Ethereal

Male

Rise of Gera'sey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Gera'sey   Rise of Gera'sey EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 10:06 am

So here he was now. Sitting on the make shift throne of his rule. It was going to be awhile before the people hd actually taken to finishing his castle. But for now he would rule through here. A larger building in the north quarter. It would do. At least for now. After all he wouldn't really be sleeping here much anyways. Majority of his time would be split in between here. And playing bodyguard for Shiori. Once again that thought was rather amusing. Shiori having an arch demon as her bodyguard. It was the equivalent of carrying around a nuclear silo on your person. No doubt she would enjoy the power trip from that. He rapped his fingers on the arm rest of his throne. The talk in the city centre had established his rule. However he would still need to set up laws to follow and would need people placed in certain jobs to actually run the city. That was todays plan. Set out laws.

Laws were...a tricky thing. So he was just going to set out the basic and then have another Oni go over them. A specialist of sorts who dealt in the legal game. He would add what he thought was neccisary, such as the business laws and other economic figures and then he'd go over them and see if they were indeed all good. " Alright....well laws ae relatively simple...Murder, theft, and other well known crimes are illegal...punishment...appropriate on all ends....murder and rape will be answered with a death sentence...unless of course there are particular reasons for it.....however if its blatent and the criminal doesn't hand themselves in for judgement...death on the spot...". The lawyer type Oni gave him an odd glance. One that Pennywise didn't like. He was going to have order in this city. Even if rivers of blood had to flow first.
Total Word Count: 6618
PWC: 6618
Quests:
"Land Upgrading" ~Completed x3~ 697/1500

Back to top Go down
Ethereal
Intern
Ethereal

Male

Rise of Gera'sey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Gera'sey   Rise of Gera'sey EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 10:15 am

"Interesting sir, so your establshing a rule of order different fro those normally found in Arden and New arden. It will be...radical to say the least....but I believe we do need something like this....". The lawyer commented but Pennywise couldn't help but feel a slight hint of sinisism come from within that voice. Made him want to tear the bastards tongue out, but as much as a good scare move that would be to other Oni.He didn't know if there was another local with the legal know how of this level. " So sir, what are your...thoughts...on businesses within the city....you've already told me that you wish to start making business and trade links with the human world within this city...so it would be my suggestion that we attract this attention by having lower tax rates for private businesses...". Pennywise thought abotu the move. Lower tax rates for private businesses. True it would attract some more custom. Create jobs within the city. And likely increase his own, and the cities wealth and reknown.

And of course, it would certainly make an offer all the sweeter to the current head of the Kyro corp. Giving Shiori her time to shine. But of course it wasn't just the Kyro corp that he was aiming at. There were quite a few businesses as well that required looking into. Such things as fast food. Even that coffee shop in gothstone quarter...this city could certainly use a place like that. Moonbucks. That was it. Of course, upon the thought of Moonbucks. Penny also had the thought of Mittens. He'd not seen the kitten for a good week now ever since leaving his penthouse in the eastern block. He would have to return soon to see her. Although no doubt Shiori was taking good care o her. And even if she wasn't. Well Mittens wasn't like other cats. She could survive.
Word Count: 317
Total Word Count: 6925
PWC: 6925
Quests:
"Land Upgrading" ~Completed x3~ 1015/1500

Back to top Go down
Ethereal
Intern
Ethereal

Male

Rise of Gera'sey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Gera'sey   Rise of Gera'sey EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 10:29 am

Thoughts away from cats and Mittens he had to focus on just what he was doing right now. " Lower taxes for private businesses. Sounds intriguing. It would definatly tempt them to start building here once it was offered. And of coure opening a company head quarters here would open them to a whole new market of customers..". He nodded. " Very well....we'll put that in...". The lawyer had one of those shit eating grins on his face. Seems that he liked the idea of such a thing. And well he couldn't really blame him. More businesses. More work. More money for him once the big stuff started rolling in. He crossed his leg over his knee on the throne. And leaned his head back as the lawyer began to bring up another point. " As for businesses. Now they'll likely have their own private security forces, what about laws concerning numbers and such for those?". It was a good point. He didn't want any businesses getting the idea that they could pull a hostile take over of the city. But...thats when an idea popped into his mind.

"...Allow them to have at once, 30 guards per building, with 4 specialists on hand...". The lawyer nodded. Penny would take this time to establish a...merchants guild of sorts. But of course it wouldn't be quite that but rather...a guild of private business owners. Allow them to have representatives who would argue for benefits for his or her company. Making the bastards rye for his support. Argue and fight among one another, focusing their own issues away from him.He explained this idea to the lawyer. And that grin only grew wider as he began to make the preperations for such a thing to become a reality. But starting the city off...was long from over.
Word Count: 303
Total Word Count: 7228
PWC: 7228
Quests:
"Land Upgrading" ~Completed x3~ 1318/1500

Back to top Go down
Ethereal
Intern
Ethereal

Male

Rise of Gera'sey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Gera'sey   Rise of Gera'sey EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 10:42 am

Taxes on the people, small private businesses and other things. He was going to have to make taxes relatively high. After all he would need to pay his soldiers. And there were supplies and building items that would ned to be brought in as ell. He had the architect and the slaves working away already expanding in the west. But there was more than would be required. He didn't doubt that the people would complain. But high taxes were an easy trade off for their lives. At least in Gera'Sey they would have some relative safety. Away from the murdering criminal elements of arden. And the animalistic brutality of the Onitoshi plains. It was an easy trade off. Money for safety. Of course, he would be taking his own shares of the profits as well. Such a thing was only right. Although chances were that every single coin he mmade would likely be getting recycled and put back into the city. Or spent on improving Shiori's own plans in some way.

Who knew. " So sir, taxes on the smaller businesses and the people?". He placed a finger to his chin, then brought it back down onto the arm rest. " Make them relatively high...we need to pay for our current soldiers, and of course recruiting and training more of them. Solvay provides us with an active recruitment point however we cannot soley rely on that....Those who cannot afford to pay taxes will be drafted into military service. Or will be given a place working in the expansion of our city". The lawyer smirked. " You mean. Slavery sir". Pennywise looked at him. Another comment that made him want to tear out that bastards eyes and shove them up his ass. " Yes. Slavery". Uncrossing his legs again. This was gonna be a really long ass day.
Word Count: 307
Total Word Count: 7535
PWC: 7535
Quests:
"Land Upgrading" ~Completed x4~ 1625/1500

Back to top Go down
Ethereal
Intern
Ethereal

Male

Rise of Gera'sey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Gera'sey   Rise of Gera'sey EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 11:55 am

Now there was the question f how to deal with other Oni lords in Onitoshi. True he could keep god alliances with them going, maybe establish trade routes. But in the end Oni were Oni and they were power hungry. He would have to likely wipe them out at some stage. However. For now he would keep that to himself. And play friendly. He had some of his men begin job dispatches for the other Oni lords. Welcoming them to come to Gera'Sey to feast and dine with him. Of course he would rather feast ON them, but that was beside the point. It would bring in a good start, and at least give him a good idea if there were any among them that he could actually put hopes of making an alliance with. But that was doubtful. He'd wait awhile to hear back fro them. The lawyer himself had rushed off to make any changes to the laws he'd put down. Add in his own suggestions that kind of crap. Right now he was waiting on the architect coming through to show him the plans for his castle. And to update him on the western expansions. The old Oni tottered in.

Again his face was rather impatient. A man who would rather be working than showing his boss just what was being done and planned. He laid the blue prints for the castle out on the table. " Listen". He said in an authoritive tone. Usually Penny would repremand such an action but the old man had been there from day one and had pretty much designed everything around them. So he was going to let it slide. " The castle is everything that you wanted it to be, walls with be made of strong granite. We came across a good store on the western expansion blocks. So once we're finished with the main get out of the city we should be able to begin work on it. Defenses will be easy to fortify. It'll have 2 inner walls. One as a killing ground for any invading forces. Another for base supplys".Really he had very little idea as to just what the man was talking about, however it all sounded good. So he just continued to nod his head in silence.The old man looked up at him. " You don't understand a word of thise do you?". Pennywise was. Slightly flustered at that. But kept silent and then simply said. " I know enough of it, and I know you enough to know you'll do a good job". That seemed to have done the trick in shutting the old man up. At least. For now. He continued talking about the castle for a bit. ostly about fortification ditches and such. The old an wasn't really interested in decorating. We apparantly had someone else for that. Great. Another person to deal with he thought. But then this was going to be his life for now. And he'd likely have to explain t Shiori why he'd gone missing for a week. But. Such was life.
Word Count: 513
Total Word Count: 8048
PWC: 8048
Quests:
"Land Upgrading" ~Completed x4~ 513/1500

Back to top Go down
Ethereal
Intern
Ethereal

Male

Rise of Gera'sey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Gera'sey   Rise of Gera'sey EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 12:22 pm

The expansion of the western quarter. Already there was the construction zone building and the slave housing. Currently in construction was the military base. And apparantly work with those was going along swimmingly. " Military base is going well. Enough housing inside to take care of a lot of soldiers. At least 500, your current military are going to find it a large space to deal with. However I imagine that you'll be stepping up the recruitment once your finished with all this practical business". Pennywise gave the briefest of nods to that. Yes, he would be upping the numbers of soldiers in the city. Particularly on the whole recruitment basis. He'd probably see about setting up a recruitment centre on the outskirts of Solvay. See just how that went. " I see...so what kinds of facilties are included in the base?". The old man pointed over the plans again. " Training areas, including Melee and long range. Not as advanced as some in the human world mind you but still I do damn well to make sure its top of the line here".Yes, that was something he had to remember. Onitoshi wern't exactally top of the technology market at the moment. They were about ten years behind the world of the living as far as tech went. But then they had magic to even the score. SO it wasn't as if it was going to matter much in the end.

" Magic training?". The old man looked up at him as if he was some kind of idiot. " Of course theres magic training.. ". Then the rest of the layout. Basics. Armoury, defenses. In built small prison cells for the rowdy ones. And of course the whole cafeteria and beds area. It was a very large building and indeed his current soldiers were going to find it a bit spacious. But he would fix that soon enough. Just had to eal with the rest of setting up this city. In the past few days that he'd been here this place had transformed from a skeleton of a city. Into the beginings of one that would continue to grow. For now it wasn't what you would call a bustling city. Or a successful one. It was a budding city. Just starting out on it first legs.But by the way things were going. And the laws he had made. This place had a real chance of becoming a successful city.

But there was more to do. He finished looking over the plans for the military barracks and then the old man simply asked him. " So then lord, what do you plan to build in the west next?". He scratched his chin. They had the military base there, the construction centre and the slave home. But what to add onto such an area. " Hm...maybe a prison centre....I'll decide at another time...for now...leave me be....talk to the guards on the way out, they'll arrange to escort you back to the site".

Word Count: 504
Total Word Count: 8552
PWC: 8552
Quests:
"Land Upgrading" ~Completed x4~ 1018/1500

Back to top Go down
Ethereal
Intern
Ethereal

Male

Rise of Gera'sey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Gera'sey   Rise of Gera'sey EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 12:47 pm

He was in his own bed chambers now. Rather exotic in comparison to the ones he had in the penthouse. Silk, fur. Everything that was really required for a lord such as himself. But he didn't really feel at home here. He reembered that it couldn't have been more than a month ago he was leeping in the streets. Next to a dumpster. Grime and dirt on his hands and face. Lifted up from that fate of death and sleep by an angel. Or...a human in the guise of one. Regardless. This didn't feel quite right. He felt as if he should go out onto the streets once again and sleep in an alley. But...then that wasn't who he was to be anymore. He had to fit into this rle rgardless of how it felt. He slowly slid back into his normal form. His...human form. The darkness that surrounded him in his Onihume form changed back. Skin went from an ashen black to the tanned colour it would in the form of wiseman. This was the form he was used to taking. The form he took around Shiori. He removed his clothes and stepped into the bathroom. Taking a long shower. Was quite amazing to think that all this was just as he had planned.

Rubbing and cleaning away the dirt of the day as the hot water ran down his body. He couldn't help but let his own mind drift away. Here he was now. Archdemon. And lord of his own city. But...nothing was ever going to be this easy. He was ging to try and do something that would norally be impossible. Balance the life of the arch demon. With the life of a human body guard so he could protect the girl whoem he owed everything. Who he had made that promise to. Of course. There were other things on his mind as well. Such as that Izumi girl that they'd met at the party.

He never had called her back on that rain check and the realisation of this made him feel slightly guilty. He'd have to see if he could call her up for a drink the next time he was in the human world. He stepped out of the shower and onto the rug. Drying himself off with light touches to the body, before wiping away the condensation on the face mirror above the sink. He looked at himself. Looked into his own yellow eyes and thought about just what he was ging to want out of this life. He already had now what most Oni only wished for. Power. Money. Status. But he knew life was only now going to get far more difficult. He'd been feeling things. Things all too human. And he couldn't help but endulge himself in them.

Not that he would tell the others. His followers. Such a thing could be interpreted as weakness. However...he did need to finish one thing on his check list. He needed to find someone to help him run Gera'Sey. Someone to grant at least some power over his dominion. A right hand man so to speak. He'd planned on getting one from the start. One who was loyal yet powerful enough to help him run things whilst he spent his time arranging things as Wiseman in the human world. He had to wonder however just what effects the building of Gera'Sey would have in the human world. If any. His name, and the knowledge that there was an archdemon in hell building up an army and city might reach there. And he would likely be there to see any effects it had first hand for himself. He walked out towards the balcony of this buidling. Castles construction would begin soon. He placed both hands on the warm stone and looked out. Soon enough.

Word Count: 643
Total Word Count: 9195
PWC: 9195
Quests:
"Land Upgrading" ~Completed x5~ 1671/1500
25,005/25,000. Check Point 1 complete.

Last edited by Forgotten Sanity on Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ethereal
Intern
Ethereal

Male

Rise of Gera'sey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Gera'sey   Rise of Gera'sey EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 12:48 pm

Thread done, sent to updates.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rise of Gera'sey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Gera'sey   Rise of Gera'sey Empty

Back to top Go down

Rise of Gera'sey
Page 1 of 1