Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Canon Requests

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male
Number of posts : 3438
Rep! : 29
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Canon Requests Empty
PostSubject: Canon Requests   Canon Requests EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 12:45 pm

the purpose of this thread is to queue up topics that ppl want to know about the site storyline for me to do storyline articles about. post here w/topics, etc.
Back to top Go down
https://wotr.rpg-board.net
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female
Number of posts : 2042
Rep! : 61
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Canon Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canon Requests   Canon Requests EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 12:11 am

Maybe I'm over thinking this, but I'd like to know the history/nature of magix.
Also, I'd like to know more about that guy who founded religion.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male
Number of posts : 2610
Rep! : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Canon Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canon Requests   Canon Requests EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 5:59 pm

Request: Some info on the state/history of Yochi Furi and Koushi around the time when Merkus and the other kami descended to Yochi Furi and brought religion and spirituality to the realm. Thank you, sir.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male
Number of posts : 3438
Rep! : 29
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Canon Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canon Requests   Canon Requests EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 10:57 am

1) Maybe I'm over thinking this, but I'd like to know the history/nature of magix. Also, I'd like to know more about that guy who founded religion.
2) Some info on the state/history of Yochi Furi and Koushi around the time when Merkus and the other kami descended to Yochi Furi and brought religion and spirituality to the realm. Thank you, sir.

So, I'll speak a lil on both of these topics.

Magix on this site are spell based. The user is the medium, the chant invokes the power, and they are able to manifest it outward (or something like that). Spirit entities (or ppl with spirits hosted in them) are able to do magic, so magix is something that spiritually based. Magix is also volatile. That means (at least storyline wise) you can mess yourself up if you do it wrong (i dun really expect someone to NOT be able to do a spell they learned right everytime xD). So, we got this spiritual theme going w/magic. It's something spirits are able to do. They probably don't just wake up on day and go "fireball!" but if they learn a fireball spell, they can probably do it.

So there are the existing magix in the world (those on the site) and undiscovered magix (customs and magix not listed on the site). All magix fall into site categories (i.e. spiritual, demonic, elemental) but the hogasha have an extra magix package (in addition to all of them) called Matter. Oni probably learned how to do magix from higher orders. Kami probably had mages who learned magic and wrote down the spells in scrolls, etc. Magix could have been introduced with the arrival of Merkus. Humans wouldn't be able to do magic until the first Hitorinji (who would probably be priests or Shamen). Merkus would teach them both religion and healing magix. Eventually, they would learn about the different types of magic and knowledge would spread out like that (at least to humans). Spiritual tribes like The Sacred Hunters would probably be the first to really streamline human knowledge of magic in a form that wasn't meant just soley for spiritual leaders, etc.

Hopefully that dun create any gaping plot holes with what I've got so far, but that should be pretty accurate for the site. Let me know if something stands out.

So Merkus (for mysterious reasons) was the only Kami to come down and was probably the first (recognized and recorded) kami to interact w/humans. When he came down, humans were basically tribal. Think nomadic/pre historic/etc. After he comes down, civilization starts to advance (omg he brought fire!). Settlements start to come up and the tribes settle down instead of roaming. People would start making clothing instead of loincloth, etc. He's the one that teaches these people religion. People find out that there are three realms. 1 for the "living" and 2 for spirits. They'd know the realm of order as Koushi, the realm of chaos as onitoshi and their realm as yochi. He doesn't mention the watchers (!!) but people are taught that both spirit realms are guarded by beasts of great power (aka the Hogasha). Both realms (Koushi and Onitoshi) are pretty much the same then as they are now. Merkus tries to get the humans on a positive road. Good and charity is glorified, and evil and selfishness is said to be bad. Different roads, translations and takes on what he teaches diverge over the years, but his teaching is at the core of most religions (except for random nonsense humans promote and or make up when they say that god spoke to them).

Hope this answers the questions that were asked. Let's get it!

cheers
Back to top Go down
https://wotr.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

Canon Requests Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canon Requests   Canon Requests Empty

Back to top Go down

Canon Requests
Page 1 of 1