Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Canon: "Koutaku-Shi! Heaven’s Overview"

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male
Number of posts : 3438
Rep! : 29
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Canon: "Koutaku-Shi!  Heaven’s Overview" Empty
PostSubject: Canon: "Koutaku-Shi! Heaven’s Overview"   Canon: "Koutaku-Shi!  Heaven’s Overview" EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 2:50 pm

Canon Clarification Corner by the Creator
Topic: Koutaku-Shi! Heaven’s Overview
April 2, 2010
Disclaimer: A lot of what I’ll type here won’t be storyline knowledge. It’ll be knowledge about the storyline. Ooc purposes mostly.

What most people would think of as heaven is called Koutaku-Shi on the site (Koushi for short). It’s a little different from the biblical heaven (of course). It’s where the good spirits (Kamikonjou) live. For those who read the site storyline, you’ll see that the earth is actually a barrier between Heaven and Hell. With that concept, both realms are completely separate from each other, meaning that you’d have to basically go through earth to get to either Heaven or Hell from the other. Aside from what people might think, there’s not a lot much that goes on in Koushi. It’s a realm of good and order. There’s no wars being waged against demons (they don’t even SEE demons since they’re separated), there’s no major conflict, or anything… there’s just peace. It’s a pretty dull place, but it represents tranquility, rest, and the obvious choice if a spirit’s heading there after death, at least for normal people and not people thinking “I’m going to get powers and kick EVERYONE’s ass after I die!” Koushi’s basically a spiritual retirement home. There is no real class system set here (that’d bring up conflict), but there are different compartments (i.e. people serve in different roles, though it’s all considered basically equal). They DO have a defense force (just like they have carpenters and stuff). They have Kami's that train to become the Hogasha and stuff, but I haven't released who/what they are into the site storyline YET. The place is governed by the watcher’s mantras, which is basically a belief set available to everyone there. The important parts of the description are provided below:

“Good spirits come here to rest and float about in the form of spirit particles causing the city to have a radiant look to it. This area is peaceful and any negativity within this realm is dealt with swiftly. The only entrance point is the Grand Gateway, which is protected by the Hogashi. Residents of the city are generally pacifists who are good at heart. Money is not needed. Resources are shared. Daily life consists of praying and fellowship. It is taboo to sin here. Those who cannot control their humanly urges are judged by the Hogashi and exiled from the realm. Oh and no sex.”
So, yeah... how do kami’s get to earth? One way is that they start off in Koushi, do something they shouldn’t (not necessarily bad, but technically sinful) and are kicked out. There can be other ways, maybe. But okay... I think that’s good enough for an overview. Any questions, etc, about this article can be discussed below! Shinout.
Back to top Go down
https://wotr.rpg-board.net
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male
Number of posts : 2610
Rep! : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Canon: "Koutaku-Shi! Heaven’s Overview"   Canon: "Koutaku-Shi!  Heaven’s Overview" EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 1:56 pm

Do Kami ever take protective roles over the humans or groups of humans? Like Guardian Angels or in the Past Realm, since Merkus introduced religion to them and there are temples, do the Watchers' Mantra have like messenger kami of a certain rank or order?

Given the events in the Present with high influx of demons in the earth realm, would Koushi send Kami to traverse to the Earth Realm and protect any knowledge of the location of the Grand Gateway as well as future kami?

Just curious b/c from this description, kami should technically be weaker than oni since kami don't fight and just meditate and exist. If there was an order of kami that regularly protected the earth realm from demons or their secrets, then starting kami would start in or be trained by a member of that order and move on to their own storyline if they don't wish to be banned from Koushi by committing a sin.
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male
Number of posts : 1215
Rep! : 21
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Canon: "Koutaku-Shi! Heaven’s Overview"   Canon: "Koutaku-Shi!  Heaven’s Overview" EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 2:00 pm

I have to agree with Psyre. Physically they would be weaker than Oni. But the fact that they meditate and what not, would seem to suggest they're magically more powerful than Oni. But then we're not talking the way they are, so much as the mechanics of the races themselves.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Canon: "Koutaku-Shi! Heaven’s Overview"   Canon: "Koutaku-Shi!  Heaven’s Overview" EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 2:52 pm

Do Kami ever take protective roles over the humans or groups of humans? Like Guardian Angels or in the Past Realm, since Merkus introduced religion to them and there are temples, do the Watchers' Mantra have like messenger kami of a certain rank or order? Given the events in the Present with high influx of demons in the earth realm, would Koushi send Kami to traverse to the Earth Realm and protect any knowledge of the location of the Grand Gateway as well as future kami?

this will be revealed in the coming storyline

Just curious b/c from this description, kami should technically be weaker than oni since kami don't fight and just meditate and exist. If there was an order of kami that regularly protected the earth realm from demons or their secrets, then starting kami would start in or be trained by a member of that order and move on to their own storyline if they don't wish to be banned from Koushi by committing a sin.

I have to agree with Psyre. Physically they would be weaker than Oni. But the fact that they meditate and what not, would seem to suggest they're magically more powerful than Oni. But then we're not talking the way they are, so much as the mechanics of the races themselves.

nah. the reason ur wrong is b/c it's not supported by the site xD it was never written that kami and oni were the same. ppl just assume that they are and only their alignment are different. what ur saying makes about the same amt of sense as saying that humans who battle all the time should be stronger than oni's who spend their life doing nothing. here's a few things to think about:
- kami can very well be made superior to onis. if the watchers wanted things balance, they would know ahead of time that oni's would fight more (chaos and all) than kamis. w/this knowledge, they could just make kami's naturally stronger.
- oni's fight for strength (arguably) and kami's strength is granted from the watchers ("watcher's grant me str!"). which power is stronger? the one you fight for, or the one that god gives you?

so my basic answer is, good rationale, but wrong. kami are not weaker than oni b/c they're not made weaker than oni. they don't meditate and exist. the descr. says they have diff. levels of doing stuff in society (i.e. they have jobs, roles, etc). re read the above text if there's any confusion or just take my word on it.
Back to top Go down
ero
Veteran
ero

Male
Number of posts : 742
Rep! : 0
Registration date : 2009-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Canon: "Koutaku-Shi! Heaven’s Overview"   Canon: "Koutaku-Shi!  Heaven’s Overview" EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 7:44 pm

quick question, but do the teachings of merkus talk about the hogosha of the two spiritual realms?
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Canon: "Koutaku-Shi! Heaven’s Overview"   Canon: "Koutaku-Shi!  Heaven’s Overview" EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 12:51 pm

No they wouldn't. They would know that there are Kami and Oni and that there is a Koutaku-shi and an Onitoshi but specifics like Hogosha and Watchers would normally be omitted. They wouldn't even know details about the two spirit realms aside from like I mentioned somewhere: "Realm of Order and Realm of Chaos." Some people may use the term Watchers to refer to the gods, but they would not know the specifics of just what/who the watcher's were, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Canon: "Koutaku-Shi! Heaven’s Overview"   Canon: "Koutaku-Shi!  Heaven’s Overview" Empty

Back to top Go down

Canon: "Koutaku-Shi! Heaven’s Overview"
Page 1 of 1