Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Southern Living

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female
Number of posts : 2042
Rep! : 61
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Southern Living Empty
PostSubject: Southern Living   Southern Living EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 10:04 am

The sun set in fiery splendor, streaking the sky with brilliant hues of red, purple, and orange. The night would soon follow. Grunty, a decidedly tired woman from all of the walking and events of the day, decided now would be a good time to rest. The abandoned temple that her human friend offered for her use lay at the halfway mark of her journey, and she hated traveling through the woods at night anyways. Hopefully her new friend would agree to such an arrangement.
Small, but modest, the building stood ancient and gray in contrast to the colorful woods and skies about it. A forge sat in the middle of the yard, almost like a stump in the clearing.
Hoping dearly that the human had gone away on some business, she kicked the door open unceremoniously. "This is mai crib for now..." she'd shout to her demon friend behind her, immediately looking for something like a fridge to raid. The furnishings were sparse and primitive, reflecting the man's mental state, at least the demon thought so.
Recalling with disappointment that the "bed" was really a heap of straw, the woman brought her palm to her head. "Oy, I forgot. I just moved in... nothing here to sleep on..."

Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male
Number of posts : 884
Rep! : 20
Registration date : 2009-08-06

Southern Living Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Living   Southern Living EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 10:14 am

He supposed he hadn't known exactly what to expect. It definitely wasn't this, though. When she explained that she was in the sales of drugs he had gotten the impression that she had enough money to at least have a place near civilization in which to use that money. Why sell otherwise? Hell, even this place wouldn't make for a proper living. "It's cozy." He lied. There certainly wasn't much of a room to take in, and for some reason there was a pile of straw on the middle of the floor.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Southern Living Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Living   Southern Living EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 6:02 pm

Frowning, the woman ran a hand through her hair. Troublesome how she realized that her back still hurt from last night.
"Cozy, eh? Glad you like it... at least..." the last two words were hardly audible. "All of this bare space's for the plants when they done. They'll be stacked up to the ceiling and I don't want 'em exposed to bugs and the elements," she grinned at the thought. "I don't think enuff sun gets in 'ere for 'em now, though, specially since it's the winter. Wonder they hasn't been wiped out by frost..."
However, her back hurt thinking about the straw and her head hurt thinking about what she'd say to Adrian if she saw him again, especially since the guy seemed to have taken a disliking to demons other than her lately. "Oy... ummm... I have a couple of places in the city. Ye care to walk there tonight, or ye want to just crash here?"

Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

Southern Living Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Living   Southern Living EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 3:40 pm

"So planting now would be a bad idea." The demon reasoned out of her logic, beginning to walk around the cave and looking about, for what there was to look at. The place was about as interesting as drying paint. When she mentioned a couple of places in the city, he breathed a light sigh of relief. He was starting to think he'd teamed up with a bum. "I'm not really tired yet, so I could make the walk. It's up to you if you want to stay or not, though." Done surveying the place, he came to stand before her. "I dislike it here, though." Shou stated, frowning lightly.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Southern Living Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Living   Southern Living EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 3:47 pm

Picking up a box, the vixen nodded, rushing out of the door as if she thought a meteor might land on the place any given minute. "Oh, it's fine Brother Shou, ye want to walk tonight we's walking tonight."
The big box hindered her movements only slightly before she decided holding it by the handle proved more efficient. Once a few hundred yards lay between her and the little cracked place, she breathed a sigh of relief. No confrontations... no redneck demons looking for her ex boyfriend... no nothing, just a quick in and out and she had her big black box.

Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

Southern Living Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Living   Southern Living EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 4:09 pm

Southern Living Immybox_01
Seeing her rush out in such a hurry, Shou paused and looked around the place a little more carefully. Was there something that he missed? What the hell.. there was definitely a type of disorder in that mind of the woman oni. What that was, he didn't know, it wasn't something he could really place. All he could see was that she was just.. off. He didn't wait and think too long, though, taking off after her and was easy to catch up, her movements seemed a little slow due to the box, naturally. Coming up beside her, Shou was about to question her actions when he noticed the relieved expression and the slowened pace. He slowed in turn and addressed her, "Now.. what'd you do that for?"
Southern Living Immybox_03
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Southern Living Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Living   Southern Living EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 9:23 pm

She sighed to herself and mumbled, "Maybe he got eaten by somebody and I can continue my life in peace..."
Moments later, it appeared that her companion was asking her a question. "Eh?" she asked, grinning as innocently as she could manage with the permanent guilt of her soul. "Why'd I do what?" A branch cracked nearby and she jumped, slightly startled. "Oh... wuz just a stick..."

Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

Southern Living Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Living   Southern Living EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 9:46 pm

Shou's eyes glanced in the direction of the noise, paying it only the neccessary amount of attention that would put him at ease. The woman had made a point earlier and, in comparison, he was more than likely weaker than many other spirits. Besides, he wasn't comfortable with the fact that even she was stronger than him. His own vulnerability was starting to put him on an edge as well, though obviously more reasoned than the woman's. He was certain she could handle her own. "Nevermind." The demon simply responded, more interested in other things now, his gaze coming to rest on the box that she was now carrying. "Supplies or something?"
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Southern Living Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Living   Southern Living EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 10:00 pm

The demoness began to visibly relax a little bit, being sufficient proximity from the house that running into who she avoided seemed unlikely. The demons out in these woods, the ones she called Rednecks weren't a big concern to her. She could light up the entire block on an instant's notice. "Ah... well, you could call it a gift for a friend of mine... ah, can you keep a secret? I know how to read. I know I don't seem like it but I really like it, you know? So many words... for ideas and shit... with all the talkin and smart stuff I'll know people will lissen, and when folks listen I can get them to do stuff, eh? Stuff that I'll no longer have to do. More time for fuckin and drinkin. My mom used to read to me when I wuz in Koutaku-shi still."
Her chartreuse eyes fell to the forest floor, somewhat saddened thinking of her mom. The situations surrounding her past were sensitive for Grunty, but the stranger seemed like someone she could trust... if for no other reason than that he was a demon like herself, thus somewhat predictable and confirmed weaker. She felt more in control and thus felt more comfortable talking freely.
"Eh, but what of ye?" she asked, those same sickly eyes raising to the redheaded other. "How long you been in Yoichi, man? I'm surprised yoe can talk if yew've been in the woods all yer life." The statement was said as though she were complimenting him on the fact that he was sentient despite his neighbors... perhaps because he antagonized them so.

Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

Southern Living Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Living   Southern Living EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 10:16 pm

Shou was unsure of where she was going with the topics she brought up in her speech. They were swift in changing, and his original question was left in the dust by the sad look in the woman's eyes as she recalled her mother. Apparently the contents in the box would remain a mystery to him but, if they truly were for another, they were likely to disinterest him. When asked the question, Shou found himself smiling. "It's a good question. I don't really have a good sense of time, especially having been out here for all that while.. but if I had to guess I'd say.. ten years?" The demon chuckled quietly. "I was quite entranced by that sword, you see.. and well, I suppose I relearned the human language when I came into my human form."
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Southern Living Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Living   Southern Living EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 10:52 pm

"Mmmm..." she mumbled, thoughtfully. "So that sword thingy had yer mind trapped. I've never heard of such a thing but they got some fucked up shit on this plane. Not that I minds, of course." A slow smile spread across her face. She tucked the black box under one arm and used the other to reach into her coat, once again pulling a bottle from seeming nowhere. It smelled very strongly of alcohol even though the liquid inside was as clear as the bottle. "But 'ey, nothing better than freedom. I'll drink to that..."
Inverting the bottle over her mouth, she took a few quick gulps and reluctantly lowered it again, placing it back into her coat, whereupon her voice grew warmer. "Say, ten years is a long time to go without any sort of change in scenery. Ye ever been to the city at all?"

Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

Southern Living Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Living   Southern Living EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 1:00 am

"I'm glad, though. If I hadn't stayed with the sword, I might not have triggered this transformation. This human form has some convenience." Shou regarded himself once more since the transformation. Though he spoke good of the change, this wasn't the real him. It was comforting to know that he could still return to his original yokai form whenever he so pleased. That was the true being he was, the lion demon.. and now that the spirit was no longer trapped within the clutches of the sword's call, it could move on to bigger things. Those seemed to start with this woman, Grunty, the drug dealer. This odd woman.. he was coming to enjoy the most unique company that had been suddenly thrusted onto him. In a way, she was partly responsible for freeing him from the trance of the blade, so he was morally in debt. It's something he wouldn't bring up, he decided. Yes, he enjoyed this freedom, the sudden new things that were occuring within his life. Finally, that endless cycle of repetition he had found himself trapped in was shattered and gone.
When asked of the city, Shou shook his head. "I don't have any memories of it. So yeah, this will be a pretty big change in scenery." The tone of his voice nearly hinted on excitement, and he was. That much could be shown by the smirk that had crossed his lips.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Southern Living Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Living   Southern Living EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 8:18 am

"Heh... convenience..." Grunty reflected, amusement flitting across her face. "Well, you can't hold a bottle without hands... you can't sell anything 'cause you can't hold money without hands... heck, I just learned to talk as a yokai." Those first few weeks on Earth had been difficult. Everything had been completely different from what she had been accustomed to in her home, but the freedom on this plane was simply unparalleled. Her chronic case of potty mouth faded awhile back for the most part, and she just now even gave serious thoughts to becoming more than just the hustler she had been, sleeping in the soft, warm contents of refuse bins and spending all of her money on drugs and booze. As far as she was concerned, it was a fun life, but ultimately a lonely one. Despite her permanently hostile facade that had been steadily wearing down over the year or so that she'd been in Yochi, her heart held a budding loneliness or dissatisfaction... loneliness and dissatisfaction that sprouted from being more or less a hobo.
Of course, those feelings were usually and swiftly drowned in copious amounts of booze or samplings from whatever portion of her inventory she had with her... inventory that her physical body grew more and more used to every day. She could hardly say now that when she drank or took a hit of speeddust or anything else she sold that it really took her mind off of this growing feeling that she barely understood the nature of.
But now she was returning to the tired city, her waking up to the fact that her former bed buddy was a hitorinji at the end of the day and thus delusional, largely useless, and tasty with barbecue sauce ensuring that she would stay out of the woods for his own protection.
But now, she travelled with one of her own kind, if not her own species, and his excitement over traveling to the city lifted her mood significantly. "Ah, you'll love the city. They have all these awesome places you can visit! There's lights and music and awesome food and we might even be able to visit the Metro. Last time I was in town the barrier broke down."

Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

Southern Living Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Living   Southern Living EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 4:53 pm

Something she said had brought about a concerned look upon his face. Shou glanced in her direction, raising an eyebrow. "A barrier? The humans don't think well of us, do they?" The demon reasoned the barrier was with the intention of keeping spirits out. Hell, being a yokai alone gave him a default feeling of superiority, since a yokai itself was an ascension from the human body, a feeling he was certain he wasn't alone on. If more spirits followed that belief then, without a doubt, there would be conflict. Even without a mention to the lust for chaos.. humans could never live safely in a world shared by demons. "Tell me more about whats going on between us oni and the humans." Shou stated, deciding to get an update on the world around him. After all, if he was to be a part of it now he would have to know what he was dealing with.
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Southern Living Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Living   Southern Living EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 5:35 pm

"Eh? Oh, that's right. Ye been out in the woods all this time. Well, let's see..." she began, looking up at the waning moon and it's kingdom of stars. "They hate our guts. Yep, that's pretty much it. I guess it's more complicated than that... it always is on this plane. Apparently not all humans can see us. That makes the government feel like we shouldn't exist, so to keep the peace they got Division 12. They's like the hunters, except they're police and they has a lot more resources. If a demon attacks a human in some of the richer areas or causes a lot of destruction, they tell the humans in the city that it was a terrorist attack, and then they kill any of us in the area. In the lower commons they don't care as much, though, which is why you see some of my kind there. Most demons don't like staying in the city 'cause of the cops though..." she sighed sadly. "...can't find a boy fox anymore..."

Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

Southern Living Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Living   Southern Living EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 6:06 pm

Hate. The demon couldn't help but snicker at the word. There wasn't a human alive who knew him, yet upon knowing what he was they would so easily come to despise him. It was a world that he was starting to refamiliarize with, where he had once been a human himself, a man who would strike at an evil spirit upon sight. It wasn't just hate, though.. now that he thought on it, more memories of his human experience recollecting. There was also a great fear of the oni..
Shou didn't pay much mind to her side comment, not at all interested in the decline of male fox demons. "Division 12, was it? So the humans have some power to them. Good thing, too. Things would have been much less interesting." A grin spread across Shou's expression. "This world's promising to be fun. How much farther is the city from here?"
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Southern Living Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Living   Southern Living EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 6:12 pm

"Oh, it shouldn't be much farther..." she purred, recalling some stuff she saw on the Discovery Channel one time while hanging out at an electronics store. "Let's see... here's the clearing and across this field... there!" she pointed north towards a cardboard shantytown that was visible primarily because some of the inhabitants had taken the time to light some oil lamps... a dangerous situation. "Past all that junk is the city."

Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

Southern Living Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Living   Southern Living EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 6:30 pm

The blockade of trees that had always prevented him from noticing anything that was more than twenty feet away had been removed now, coming to a large field that was nothing but grasses. The view quite nearly took the breath away from him, as if the third-rate town was something so astonishing. He couldn't help it of course.. life had been so limited up to this point, and the large clearing was only another symbol of his freedom. Of course, he wouldn't allow such things to be presented out loud and in the company of a demon he was still trying to gain the respect of.
Shou took a few steps into the clearing and paused for a moment, looking forward to the faraway town. "This is junk? Heh." What would a city look like, then? There was, of course, only one way to find out.
The lion demon then embraced his true yokai form, glowing while his shining figure dropped down to all fours and leapt out, all ready beginning the run across the clearing. The glow died off and his red mane flowed lightly from the soft wind that pushed against him, his yellow eyes taking the clearing in then setting themselves forward to his destination, the 'junk' town.

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Southern Living Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Living   Southern Living EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 6:37 pm

Looking out at the tents and boxes, Grunty reached for something to smoke when her companion took off. "Ah, hey, wait up..." she shouted, running after him and shifting down to her own yokai form... a black fox that would be rather difficult to make out in the dark meadow in contrast to her flamboyant partner. Catching up, she ran with him until they were a few yards away. "Now keep in mind most of the people here are insane and usually are doing very hard things. If one recognizes me I'll probably have to stop and make a sale... and do be careful with the fire. Most of my customers come from this area and I would rather they not be cooked... not that they aren't ultimately expendible..."
The fox puffed out her chest a little, impressed with her use of big words, but tripped over a rock and tumbled straight into someone's tent, which was mercifully unoccupied as it collapsed around her, drawing several undignified yelps in the process.

Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

Southern Living Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Living   Southern Living EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 12:31 am

The lion demon glanced the black fox's way as it caught up and began speaking to him. When had he not been careful with his abilities? It didn't matter, the woman was probably just making a precaution, something to put her ease at mind. So be it, he decided, simply nodding. As they neared, his body began to glow and he began to shift into his human form. By the time his companion had crashed into the tent, the transformation was complete and he caught the sight of the tent crashing inward on itself with the black fox in the midst of the mess.
Shou couldn't withold a chuckle, "You talk a lot. No wonder you weren't paying attention."

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Southern Living Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Living   Southern Living EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 7:16 pm

After a few minutes... nay, seconds of struggling, there was a loud growl from the cloth before lightning struck it, instantly incinerating it and leaving Grunty, bipedal and smoking angrily.
Somewhere a few yards off one could hear a cry of, "No! My house!"
"Ies always paying attention..." she said, puffing and trying very hard to look cool. "I just wanted to see if ye was a backstabber... you know, if ye were going to attack while I was down. But yea, I does talk alot. Shit... shut mouths don't get fed. I'm quite proud of it."
Superciliously, she began to trot off again. "So what's yer pleasure?"

Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

Southern Living Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Living   Southern Living EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 7:29 pm

Her human form emerged from the destroyed tent and Shou could hear the nearby shout of the unhappy tenant, now of shredded remaints that were scattered across the ground. Grunty didn't seem to pay any mind to it, though, pulling the bull about her clumsiness being a test of loyalty directed at him. He laughed aloud at that, stepping forward to follow her as she began to move once more. The oni decided he officially liked Grunty, she was pleasant and amusing company. Reducing the chuckle to a simple smile, he answered her, "Well, we were headed to the city, right? Although, I wouldn't mind exploring these areas here, too. Heh, it's all new to me."
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Southern Living Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Living   Southern Living EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 7:43 pm

As they walked, the cardboard houses gave way to slightly more sophisticated tent structures, then finally the projects... a brick affair colored with graffiti and lined with a length of tattered chain link fencing. Cheap window air conditioning units sagged out into the streets as though machinery could be depressed, dripping water like tears onto the asphalt below.
"Well, I only come to this part of the town for travel and deliveries. Nothin much here unless you're looking for a fight. Now the good part of commons is actually about half a mile from here... the Geisha House... Club Hype... ah, the cage dancers..." she purred as she cheerily recalled the time she'd almost been kicked out of said club for various reasons, not the smallest among them causing general chaos and snatching the legally required minimum covering from the male strippers as they walked past. "I'll be honest with ye, I mostly stay in hotel rooms when I suddenly get an itch for a shower and a soft bed, but that's only once in awhile, eh? Most of the time I save my money for fun stuff. I couldn't abide payin rent when I travel so much."

Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

Southern Living Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Living   Southern Living EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 7:53 pm

Hadn't he walked this entire way with the assurance that she had a couple of places in the city? Surely, those had been her words, Shou couldn't be mistaken about that. The other demon turned out to be a homeless bum. Sighing, Shou shook his head, unable to voice these thoughts as he was sure to offend her in someway. The demon supposed he didn't have to stay with her, having the option to go out onto his own in this new world that was open before him now.
And then what? Shou wouldn't know where to start in this new place and, other than that, this woman seemed to have some sort of business if she was traveling and making sales often. The oni would have to continue traveling with her if he wanted to find the right path that awaited him.
The oni thought on the other things that she had said, how the commons up ahead differed from what was around them, and how their current location, apparently, was a hot spot for fights. Against what, the poor that lined the area with tents and boxes? Surely they wouldn't put up much a fight, but realistically, their sour moods would be all the incentive needed to get a brawl going.
So far, all of this had been pretty interesting. "That's fine, I've lived outdoors for the past ten years anyways. No room for complaint there."
Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Southern Living Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Living   Southern Living EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 8:11 pm

"Eh? Oh... that's right. At yer current level I wouldn't recommend you sleep outside here. Big guys sometimes come down through here looking for snacks every once in awhile. I had to run from quite a few when I could only turn yokai. They don't chase ye down, though, they just gobble up a bum or two and go on their merry way. Used to be this real annoying rat demon always liked to eat customers... wuz the size of maybe that big brick building over there when he finally let loose. Was a dumbass little fucker, too. The pigs showed up 'cause he couldn't stop stepping on buildings and people with his fat self. Hard to miss target."
Puffing sedately, she grinned, "Ima take you by Club Hype." There were a lot of police who showed up in response to the presence of her and her friends, but they would've definitely forgotten by now.

Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

Southern Living Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Living   Southern Living EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 8:25 pm

"Big guys, huh?" Hearing how big the rat demon was, he lifted an eyebrow. "That big?" It wouldn't do well to remain at this current level for all too long then. Power was essential if he wanted to have any fun in this city, the idea of running wasn't exactly an appealing one. If such demons really were in the area, a certain amount of awareness and guard would be neccessary. Definitely a bummer.
Club Hype had been one of the places she had mentioned earlier, and he observed the excitement Grunty had of the place. "Heh.. all right, lead the way."

Back to top Go down
LittleMariko
Mystic Moogle
LittleMariko

Female

Southern Living Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Living   Southern Living EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 pm

Grunty Wordcount: 2.206k
Lytning Bolt, 5 stars
x [-2.206k words]
x [588 exp]
Back to top Go down
Themeless
Veteran
Themeless

Male

Southern Living Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Living   Southern Living EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 1:50 am

Wordcount: 1,906
+1,906 Experience
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Southern Living Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Living   Southern Living EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 4:20 pm

Updated Grunty
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Southern Living Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Living   Southern Living EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 10:59 pm

Updated
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Southern Living Empty
PostSubject: Re: Southern Living   Southern Living Empty

Back to top Go down

Southern Living
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: RP Boards :: Earth :: The Deep-
Jump to: