Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Final Push

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female
Number of posts : 2378
Rep! : 18
Registration date : 2009-03-03

The Final Push Empty
PostSubject: The Final Push   The Final Push EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 12:55 pm

Her eyes were a soft, pale green, and they stared straight through my entire being. Her warm touch came across my body as I lay there beside her, lightly inhaling the scent of her beautiful hair. Her soft, gentle touch came to my face, a warm hand on my cheek. I could have gazed into her eyes for an eternity. Her lips touched mine, and I closed my eyes for a second. When I opened them, it was all gone, and I simply floated in the darkness. His voice played in my head like a broke record. The same thing played through the front of my mind every couple of nights since I had been down here. Slowly, I opened my eyes to view light coming lightly through the tree tops. The shade I had fallen asleep in was still there, but the sun was starting to decline over the horizon. The hammock rocked lightly back and forth. There were birds off in the distance, and their light chirping was a slight annoyance to my sleeping. I had spent nearly half of the morning training my single shot lightning bolt, so I decided to take a nap. I rocked there for a few moments before finally deciding to get up.
My feet hit the ground with a light thud, the sound that a book would normally make if you dropped it flat on its side. The dirt was soft, and holding a slightly positive charge. With as much electricity as I had pulled down here lately, I was surprised the power in the mansion was still running without any issues. I yawned a bit, bringing my hand up to my mouth to muffle the mellow sounding exhalation. I stepped over to the center of the clearing with a light thought of what I wanted to accomplish today. I really ,really, really needed to get the lightning bolt down to a better level. This wasn’t really an option right now. I had learned of an organization that was fighting against all of our kind. I had never came in contact with them thankfully, but it was about time that I did.
I sat down in the center of the small clearing, and brought my hand across to my chest. Crossing my legs, they were held slightly above my knees. I closed my eyes again, relaxing my breathing to a point where it was nearly silent out here. Lauren was going to be home in a few hours, so I needed to get to work on this as soon as possible. My eyes slowly closed as I exhaled, and I visualized a filter in my mind. I slowly moved it down to my chest, where I recalled a memory from my childhood.

“master.. how long do I have to keep doing this before I can turn my energy into lightning.. and how am I supposed to know whether or not my energy is purified to that extent or not?”
“Wow.. the more I get to know you, the more you surprise me. What in the world made you think of that? Every time you open your mouth to speak, you never fail to amaze me. If I’m thinking that surely this kid cant be that stupid, you always shatter my expectations..Among all the morons I know, you take the cake.”
“what, you asshole!?”
“Sit DOWN!”I had tried to sit from my position, but a book from his side smacked me in the face. I fell back to my sitting position and looked at him.
“You’ve been working on this exercise for almost a month now.. have you yet to even understand the basic nature of your internal energy?”
“Is energy something you can see?”
“no…”
“then can you smell or touch it?”
“Of course not!”
“Then how can you recognize it? It’s something that only you can discern”

Slowly, I exhaled, letting my breathing relax again. I continued to focus on this, remembering the days when I was training to be the successor of the lightning line. My master had been defeated in combat against the lower worlds when he tried to save a large group of spirits from being consumed. He gave his life in combat, and left me as his successor. I wouldn’t fail him like I had years ago.

“Train your breathing techniques through diligent practice of exhalation of impurity, while following the main principles of your training and purifying your energy, and picture the progress of your energy refinement. If you do that, then you’ll be able to feel it even if nobody tells you. The cultivation of energy has a stepwise progression, so even dummies like you will be able to figure it out easily. Keep reminding yourself as you do this, that this is an image training of the energy circulation resulting from exhalation of impurity, which is the core principles of higher elemental training. The muddy water prior to purification is your current, useless energy. The filter is the core principles of the training and breathing techniques. The clean water is the purified energy that you need. The more you need pure energy, the more often you repeat this process, and so you repeat this process ceaselessly aiming to achieve the purity level of the very highest beings energy.

I looked at my master, remembering a question that I had asked him at that time. He had given me so much wisdom that I had blew most of it off without thinking that one day I might need some of it again. He was truly a great being, and I wish that he was around right now. My energy was still blocked since I had returned to the earth realm. What had he told me back then…

“Master.. what am I supposed to do if it wont go any further, or if something gets in the way?”
“take it slow, and don’t be in such a rush. Its not something that is easily accomplished. You have to practice diligently for at least a year before you can barely grasp the concept of controlling lightning, let alone the lightning fist. And that’s only if you properly utilized the breathing techniques and the core principles. If you attempt to rush the purification process, you may end up stopping your energy growth instead. The most important thing is that you always value the basics. If one trains alone for a long time, he tends t fail to complete the basics. Remember this dummy. Since you were introduced to energy at such a late age, most of your energy channels are clogged up. I can tell that much from just looking at you, so at first, even draining your energy through the filter, that is, following the core principles and purifying you, will be difficult for you. Don’t worry though. No matter how clogged your energy channels may be, there is always a way. The hole may be tiny, but there is no such thing as a completely sealed energy channel. So for now, focus your attention, and slowly ,try to move a small fistful of energy. As if a single droplet of water is moving through the sand and trying to make its way to the bottom.”

I closed my eyes and visualized this once again. I could see the vial of energy, dark and muddy, slowly dripping into a pure, bluish tinted liquid.

“slowly, focus your mind on that one drop of energy. You know, right? That the harder it is for energy to pass through your bodies energy filters, the purer it becomes. Remember this, the purer the energy, the more powerful the lightning you can draw. Tell me, what is the technique for the lightning fist ?”
“So.. you take the positive energy from the negative charge through a deep breath, and focus it onto your fist.. and after that, you take the positive energy through a short breath and collide the two together. For thunder break, you take lightning fist from your enemy’s negative energy and send it into the positive energy on your fist through deep breathing. After that, you force a collision with your opponents energy and cause a cancellation , right?”
“Stop it, please, you’re embarrassing me. “
The hell? I’ve worked my ass off trying to learn this and you can’t even give me a simply compliment?”
“Good job lazy, go buy yourself a drink. Anyway, these two techniques have a great side effect besides what you stated. Lightning Fist has the ability to stun your enemy, and thunder break has the ability to scatter your enemy’s energy circulation”
“so if these are the simple techniques, then what are the advanced ones?”
“They are the killer ones.. so remember this well. The more dangerous the ability is against an enemy, the more damage will return to your body if you fail. Don’t move clumsily purified energy through upper level energy filters, because it could be very dangerous”

I remembered the techniques that he had taught me. There were two tiers to their organization. Close range and Long Range. I was more of a close combat person, so I had barely learned any of the long range ones. The primary techniques that I learned were lightning fist and thunder break. These two abilities were the foundations for what I would later do. I had a bad feeling about this, but I went ahead and tried it. I could still picture my energy, dark and disgusting, slowly dripping through the filter, and coming out in a pristine manner. I thought about all of the things I had been through since I had been here on the physical realm. There were two more abilities that I had to unlock before I would be able to return to the heavens. One of these I had never attempted in my life. The Roar of the Thunder king was the most destructive technique in the family line. It was said that the user would die by using it, which is why there were no recorded users of it.
Slowly, I pulled my weight upwards, and came to my feet. It was a weird feeling being here, but I was really beginning to enjoy it. I would have to learn Void of Lightning and Mad Lightning as well if I were to put my plan into action. I had time for that however. Drawing my arm backwards, I focused my mind on drawing that electric ability out of the heavens. I kept my eyes shut while thought about my target. The stone statue that had been placed at the edge of the cliff this morning was perfect for what I had intended on using it for. I tried to remember the view from here. My right arm slowly began to raise upwards towards the sky. I lowered my chin, nearly touching it to my chest. There was a light tingle in my fingertips, and that was my signal. The feeling that my master had told me I would fine was there now. His wisdom from a hundred years ago was beginning to shine through, and finally, I was able to take grasp of what he had wanted me to know. Drawing my arm downwards, I opened my eyes to see the bolt of lightning fly through the sky. There was a crack of thunder and the skies were cleared again.
I shifted my weight backwards and stepped to the side, heading out of the clearing. As my body came from the shadows out into the light of the setting sun, I set my eyes on my target. The statue had been broken into pieces. I smiled at it while leaning against one of the trees. My arms crossed lightly in front of my chest, and I released a lightened yawn. I had worked hard , and now I would be able to watch the sun set in peace. Wherever my master was, I was sure he was proud.
2002 words [1 star lightning bolt/ void, 2 stars valley]
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

The Final Push Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Final Push   The Final Push EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 8:37 pm

Updated