Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Coming out

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female
Number of posts : 2378
Rep! : 18
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Coming out Empty
PostSubject: Coming out   Coming out EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 2:15 pm

Today was the day. The day that I would reveal myself for what I really was. The day that Lauren would face her parents, and tell them the truth. The day that Henry had bet against me in. Yes, today was that day. I ran through the back yard in my cat form, heading straight from the pool after cooling off from a morning workout. I had lost track of time, and Lauren was going to be coming to visit me today, along with her parents. I was beginning to get a little nervous, so I decided to take a little swim. It was nice to have my body back to a shape that it could work out again. The incident with the criminal guild had taken a huge toll on my body, and put me out of commission for a few days. Thankfully, I had healed quicker than normal while in my cat form. Angela’s mom was a vet, and had the perfect fix for my injuries. Before long, I was back out and about, and finally back to Laurens side. My cat like body stopped mid stride to shake off the last of the water that covered my coat.
Once I was satisfied, I continued my run towards the small wooded area. I passed the gazebo and the pool house, and disappeared along a small path that would lead into the darkness. As soon as I got there, my body shifted upwards as I leapt off of the ground. A blue and yellow light shot around me, swirling to reveal my human form. I shook my head, getting the water out of my hair. There was a stack of clothes waiting for me on a chair that I had stolen from the pool house, so I went ahead and got dressed. It was better to keep them out here than get them all wet while in my cat form. I laughed at the thought of being all wet with Lauren, and quickly got my stuff together. It was nice and quiet out here.
I lifted my arm upwards, looking across its surface. I stood there, silently, in the middle of a small clearing. It was of course the same clearing that I had been doing most of my workouts in. Lauren’s father had made an emergency run back to town, and her mother finally came back. I had planned this out earlier, but hadn’t really been given the chance to explain everything to her parents. I wanted her family to know that she would be safe, so I figured it would be best to just go ahead and spill. My gaze moved across my arm, looking at the scar where the bullet had gone through. Angela had taken rather good care of me, and as soon as I was able, I returned to Lauren’s side. Her friends enjoyed coming around more, and they were even nicer to me now that they knew I could electrocute them. I stepped over to the lawn chair that I had stolen , cough, relocated to the clearing. Not like anyone used it anyway. I tried to keep it in on piece, but it seemed like every once in a while I would still manage to bolt it on accident.
I could hear Lauren’s voice off in the distance, followed by that of both of her parents, and the lead keeper of the household, who had figured me out a week or so ago. I shifted my form down, sealing my energy away and taking the shape of a cat. I jumped over to the side, off of the chair, and walked out in front of it. Her parents, the lead butler, and Lauren came through the clearing. She turned to her parents, and backed up a bit before taking a seat in the chair. I had instructed her on how to properly go about this entire thing the night before, as to make sure it would run as smoothly as possible.

“What nonsense have you brought us out here for?”
“Father, mother, I have something to tell you.. Remember the incident? “
“How could we forget it? You were nearly killed by that criminal and his carelessness. You were lucky that storm hit!”
“That’s what I wanted to talk to you about.. that wasn’t a storm”
“Rubbish..
“I’m serious father.. I want you to meet the man.. thing.. that saved me..”

I sat beside her, looking at the ground while she spoke. She had done her part rather well, and without hesitation or stuttering. Her voice was as beautiful as ever, and finally, it was my turn to present myself. I felt my body unlock itself, and the energy flow through me. The hair disappeared, being replaced by my normal skin. I stood up to my full height in a yellow and blue light, stretching and popping as my body took shape. Finally, the glow resided, and I placed my hand on her shoulder. She smiled softly at my touch. Her parents stared on in disbelief that their cat had just transformed into a human.

“What kind of being are you? Have you been this way all along?”
“please calm down, and let me explain all of it..”
“Jonathan, this thing has been living in our daughters bedroom!”
“mother!”
“It’s okay.. I understand their concern..”
“Samantha, lets here this things story..”

The lead butler, Henry, stood by silently with a smile on his face. He had known things were going to go this way. Then again, so had I. I yawned for a second, tired from my morning workout. Where to start with this story.. I guess it would be best to go ahead and start from the beginning. That seemed like the most logical thing to do after all. I shook my head and ran my hand through my hair before relaxing and starting to speak.
“My name is Sanzon Loki, and I am a soldier of the heavens. In a battle with my brother, an ice spirit, I was defeated and cast out from our home. During the battle, both of us were wounded to the point of not being able to even move very well. I lost a lot of energy, and had to return to my weaker spirit form. Any questions so far?”

“so.. you’re saying that you are a warrior from the other world?”

“Yep.”

“and you landed here after that battle, where Lauren found you.”

“I’m getting to that now. I fell for what seemed like an eternity. My energy was gone and I was half dead. I hit the ground and passed out. I don’t know when exactly I was discovered, but your daughter took me in. For this, I owe her a great debt. She kept me safe, and helped me recover my energy little by little. I had no idea how long it would take me to get enough energy to return to this form, so I simply waited. You have a beautiful home, and I am really grateful for your daughters hospitality.”

“get on with it.”

I took a light breath and relaxed, having a seat on the arm of the chair that Lauren was sitting in. she smiled and put her arm around my waist to rub my back for a moment. It was something she had done anytime I was stressed out or thinking. She really was a good person, and I was lucky to have landed here.
“right.. well, two weeks ago, there was a break in here. That was the first incident. Henry took the credit for my work. It was through seeing Lauren in trouble that I was forced to open up my energy pathways, giving me the power to return to my normal form. I was the one that took care of those two, and rescued your daughter. Because of their defeat at my hands, their boss sent a group to get her and her friends when they were coming back from work. I had been inside napping so I wasn’t quick enough to stop them. They left a note for you on your front gate. I apologize for taking the note. It was addressed to you after all, and dealt with some political stuff that I really didn’t care about. My priority was getting Lauren home safe. “
I took another breath. I felt like I was talking a lot, and I wanted to make sure that her parents kept up with the storyline. I still had a large amount of information to tell them before they would be caught up. Oh well, time to continue.
“So, I looked at the address that was marked on it, and went there. The first thing I did was take out the guards, then go down and rescue the girls. I will leave out the details, as they are a bit more vulgar than you would probably enjoy. I will leave it at this, I wasn’t very friendly with them. Lauren’s safety was my first priority. It didn’t matter who I killed in the process. Their existences were invalidated the second they crossed me. I rescued the girls, and proceeded to depart from that place when we were cornered by their leader and six of his men. Lauren was shot due to my carelessness, and for that you have my apologies. I thought they were aiming at me, but they weren’t. After seeing her hit the ground, I could smell her blood. Finally, she smiled at me. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.”

I put my hand on her shoulder once again as I stood up and moved behind her. My left arm came around, planting its self along her left shoulder. I leaned down and kissed her on the top of her head, right in front of her parents. I could see her mother cringe at the sight of it. The gaze she gave me was rather enjoyable. I had been through worse, so her little display of disapproval was nothing that I couldn’t handle. Besides, they owed me.
“I felt myself loosing it, and I did. I walked straight across the walkway and into the courtyard towards them. I was shot twice, once in my arm and once in the leg. I hit the ground, and looked at him in a way that he would never forget. The reason why there were no bodies from them found was because I didn’t let a single one of them survive. I lost control of my energy in my anger, and brought an entire electrical storm down upon them. I ended up spending every bit of energy I had that day, and was once again forced back into my spirit form in order to save your daughter and their friends.”

“Mother, Father, Sanzon has been like a guardian for me. I take him most places, and he protects me. “

“I keep to myself most of the time, and I don’t cause any trouble. It was time for me to tell you guys the truth, and let you know that you had a guardian spirit staying here. As long as I am here, no harm will come to your household. I am a soldier of the spirit world, and until I can get enough energy back to resume my way back into the spirit world, I will remain in this realm. Do you have any questions?”

“Yes..” her mother spoke rather quickly. “ what happened to you after that so called battle? We didn’t see you for a week, and had thought that you had ran off or something.”
“Angela, Lauren’s friend, had taken me home for recovery. With Lauren in the hospital, I couldn’t stay by her side. I had nearly killed myself pulling down so much electricity, but I had to. All of her best friends know my secret, even Henry knew, the only two left out were you. I believe that I can trust you enough to keep this a secret. “

“you won’t be leaving our household will you..”

“Not for a while. I owe your daughter a great deal for saving me. To pay back this debt, I have sworn an oath to protect her. With your husband in his position as a political figure, your family is in a difficult position in terms of security. The security here, for instance, isn’t that great either. Especially since two criminals were able to get in here. Now that I am here, you can rest assured that your daughter is in the best protection there is.”

“sorry to ask this, but what exactly are you?”

“I am something like an angelic spirit. Think of it like a higher order demon. Normally, I would fight against dark spirits and demons, but my brother betrayed me. I have a natural draw to electricity, which is my primary element. I am unable to use any others, unlike some spirits, but I am pretty strong with this one. “
“so, you say that you are a lightning spirit or whatever you want to call it. Would you mind giving us a demonstration to prove this? I don’t doubt it, I just want to believe it, and to do that I have to really see it with my own eyes.”

I had a bad feeling about this one, but I knew that it would probably be best if I just went ahead and did it. I stood to my full height, and nodded in agreement with her. There had to be a better way for me to do this. “follow me..” I turned and walked through the woods while in thought. I couldn’t really call down a lightning storm and put her family in danger. Then again, I had to try to focus on something else at this time. I wasn’t in danger, nor was I in a stressed state. I walked out of the wooded area and up onto the cliff. Getting all of her family out of the woods and away from the trees, I stepped away from them. They had wanted a demonstration, so I had to give them one.
“you asked for a demonstration, so I ask you to kindly stay away from the trees”
“The trees? Why the trees?”

I drew my arm up towards the sky and closed my eyes. I wasn’t about to put everything I had into this one, but instead just enough to get a single bolt down from the sky. Concentrating took more energy than I realized. Normally I would just put everything I had into what I wanted, but this had to be controlled. It had to be direct, focused, and on target. I shook my head lightly, listening to the sound of the wind moving through the trees. Slowly, a light darkness covered the afternoon sunlight. They grew darker with every moment. Finally, I opened my eyes and slid my left foot forward. My right arm came down, in a straight motion from above my head towards the ground. My index finger extended, pointing at a tree about thirty feet away. This should have been more than enough energy to snap it in half, with more than enough space between us and the bolt to keep her family safe from harm. The sky crackled, and a strong bolt of blue light emerged from the clouds, traveling quicker than I had originally thought. The sound of thunder disappeared after one strong boom, and the flash of bright electricity split the tree into pieces, erupting leaves in a bright flame before falling to the ground. The sky cleared, and the sun emerged once again. I turned and looked at her family, who stood there in disbelief once again.
“you really are a spirit..”
“Sanzon.. you have protected our daughter, and you made it clear that you weren’t leaving.. “
“Yes..”
“well, we cant justify letting you stay in Lauren’s room anymore. You can have your own. Now that we know your secret, try to be a little bit more responsible with your cat form. Alright?”
“No problem on that one.. “
“will you be joining us for dinner?”
“Actually, that sounds really, really good. This fish diet has been killing me, and cat food is utterly disgusting”
Her parents laughed at my comment about the cat food. Henry departed to return to his duties, and I stood there facing Lauren and her family. It was a weird place to be, but it felt warm up here, especially with all of them. Her father stepped forward towards me, and extended his hand
“you have taken care of our daughter, and we are very thankful for that. Will you stay”
“If you want me to, then I shall stay here. I have nowhere else to go in this world, and my energy isn’t strong enough to get me home yet. I would really appreciate your hospitality for just a little bit longer.”
“It’s settled then. We will have a room for you fixed when we get back. Dinner should be ready soon, so let’s go.”

I smiled, wondering if I had really just gained a new family. Her parents had taken it a lot better than I thought they would have. I stood at the end of the ridge with Lauren while her parents disappeared back into the trees. My gaze moved over to the tree that I had struck down. It was a shame that I had to do that to a tree. There weren’t really a lot of them, so this would make training all the more difficult. I shook my head and laughed a bit. Lauren stepped behind me, and wrapped her arms around my waist. Putting her chin on my shoulder, I kissed her softly on the side of her face. She had done something great for me today, despite all of the nervous tendencies she had with her parents. Things were starting to look up.
3001 words
Learned Lightning Bolt, +4 stars
and 1 experience
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Coming out Empty