Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Life, on the rocks

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male
Number of posts : 1215
Rep! : 21
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Life, on the rocks Empty
PostSubject: Life, on the rocks   Life, on the rocks EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 3:20 am

Adrian pushed the door of the bar open, his long white coat covering most of his body. He wore a simple black t-shirt and blue jeans. He made his way inside, his eyes glancing about as he took his license out, showing it to the bar tender. Putting it away he sat down at the bar.

"Whiskey Sour, please." he said.

The boy was sick of the damned demons demanding kills. The last one, a little girl, was resting heavy on his shoulders. He had to do something to block out the look of pain, fear, and sadness in her eyes. He was just happy her ghost wasn't following him around. He'd probably hang himself out of guilt if she did.
(121/121)
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Life, on the rocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life, on the rocks   Life, on the rocks EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 3:39 am

Since business was relatively slow at this hour, Ric had called his favorite waitress behind the bar and was currently giving her a drink mixing lesson. Both the auburn haired girl, dressed in a form fitting, low cut shirt and a pair of snug faded jeans, and the middle aged man standing behind her look up to the newcomer as he places his drink order.

"Coming right up, sir."

The girl answers with a happy tone, though her emerald green eyes suffer a flicker of apprehension. The middle aged man steps closer and whispers into her ear. As if a light bulb had just been turned on above her head, she perks up and reaches for the necessary bottles. Once her boss had given her the ingredients, she made quick work of mixing the order and had the glass set on a bar napkin in no time.

"Paying by drink tonight or would you like to open up a tab?" She asks while beaming with pride at serving her first customer here at the bar. Waitressing and bartending were worlds apart, as Trinity was learning fast, carrying drinks and flirting with customers to get better tips didn't offer the sense of acomplishment that mixing the drink herself had inspired.
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

Life, on the rocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life, on the rocks   Life, on the rocks EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 3:48 am

"I guess I'm opening a tab for now, thanks." he said, smiling at her weakly as she mixed the drink.

He rubbed his eyes lightly as he lifted the glass. He stared down into it for a moment, almost sadly before he closed his eyes and downed the contents of the glass. His eye twitched lightly from the taste of the drink. He sighed lightly before he set the glass down, tapping the bar silently, indicating he wanted another. He found her voice sweet and sultry. He ran a hand through his hair gently before looking up at the beautiful bar tender.
(102/223)
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Life, on the rocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life, on the rocks   Life, on the rocks EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 4:19 am

Ric had moved on to show her the next drink on the list after she'd opened the tab for the newcomer. Next up was a buttery nipple shot, which Trinity loved to drink but had no clue how to make. They were not even halfway through the instruction when her dark eyes rose to the man again.

"Ready for another?" The question was not necessary, even as the words were leaving her perfectly lined lips, her hands were mixing his next drink.

Replacing the empty glass with the new one, she grinned at him again. "You know, if you're planning on drinking for a while, you'll save money by ordering your drinks a pitcher at a time." Upselling was part of the job, but Trinity never offered the information to make more money, she liked giving cute customers deals and saving them money.
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

Life, on the rocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life, on the rocks   Life, on the rocks EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 12:38 pm

"I appreciate the offer. But I prefer hard liquor and no bar I know of sells pitchers of it." he said, smiling at her. "Learning to bartend? You've got a gift for it. Best whiskey sour I've had in my life. Do you know how to make a Royal Scandal?"

He took up the new glass and downed it quickly, knocking it back just as fast as the first. This time his head twitched slightly. He hated the way alcohol tasted, especially the way it made his tongue feel after a drink. But he could cope with it. He was trying to partially punish himself. The beautiful bar tender in training was a very beautiful woman. She had the look of a kind person. He just hoped none of the demons would demand him to slay her. He wouldn't have the strength for a while.
(145/368)
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Life, on the rocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life, on the rocks   Life, on the rocks EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 3:12 pm

At first the man's words brought a flush of color to Trinity's cheeks, one that made her eyes seem to glow in contrast. Lowering her eyes, she shyly started to wipe up the mess on the lower counter, hoping it would be enough distraction to ease her embarrassment. When the man asked about a Royal Scandal, the woman's head popped back up, her face a blend of recollection and determination. She was sure Ric would know what the drink called for, but she had aslo watched this drink prepared many times in her childhood. Waving a hand to stop her boss from giving her any hints, Trinity scans the bottles while chewing at her bottom lip and calling up the memory. A scoop of crushed ice went into the shaker cup first, then a generous dose from the oddly shaped Crown Royal bottle. Next she doubled up and poured the Amaretto and Southern Comfort simultaneously like her father had always done. A splash of Sweet & Sour and Pinapple juice later had her sliding on the shaker top and gently rolling the silver cup to let the flavors mingle. Grabbing a fresh glass, she slid back the shaker top to allow some of the crushed ice to escape with the drink, but not enough to water down the taste. A sprig of fresh mint leaves on the edge and the drink was set in front of the man.

"One Royal Scandal, just like dad used to make. I hope that's what you meant. It's been a while since I've seen one made."

A glance over her shoulder showed Trinity that Ric was slowly nodding his head and wearing a proud smile. The smile was probably due to the fact that Trin had not only remembered her father but mentioned him casually without any surge of negative emotion for her younger sister. Whatever the reason, Trinity was glad she could remember the drink and waited patiently for the man's judgment of her attempt.
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

Life, on the rocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life, on the rocks   Life, on the rocks EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 4:54 pm

He stared at her as she made the drink. He watched her mix it in the shaker, before straining it into the new glass. He stared at it for a moment, contemplating it lightly. He lifted the glass and siped it lightly. He smiled setting the glass down, nodding as he rolled the liquid in his mouth lightly. He savored the taste before downing it. He smiled gentlyl as he looked at her nodding.

"That is the best one I've had. I wish I could mix one half this good. Damn. You're very good at this." he said, smiling as he looked at the beautiful bar tendress. "What's your name? I'll have to leave you a huge tip for this."
(120/488)
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Life, on the rocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life, on the rocks   Life, on the rocks EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 5:12 pm

The tentative smile playing at the girl's lips begins to spread as the seconds pass and she observes the man's reaction. By the time his verbal compliments reach her ears, she already wore a bright beaming grin. Ric gives her back a soft pat and moves away to the end of the bar. He was still close enough just in case she needed him, but he was giving her the space needed for her to work her charm on the new customer. Hooking the end of her towel into the side of her serving apron, she leaned forward slightly and batted her eyes at the stranger.

"Thank you for the kind words. Beginners luck I suppose." Tapping a well manicured fingernail against the clear glass of the nearest tip jar, she flashes the man another award winning smile. "Tips are always appreciated. The name is Trinity by the way, care to share yours?"

Even though he seemed a bit young for her, Trinity found herself immediately preferring this man to any of the middle aged or married ones she usually had to act like this for.
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

Life, on the rocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life, on the rocks   Life, on the rocks EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 5:26 pm

"My name is Adrian. And if you're bar tending here I might have to show up a lot more. So, Trinity, tell me what is it you're doing in a place like this? Don't get me wrong it's a great place, but you could easily be working in the best of bars here if you're this good." he said, smiling gently.

He watched her, glancing her over, almost the same way the middle aged men did. But his eyes were gentler. He seemed sincerely interested in her as he looked into her eyes. He smiled gently as he watched the beautiful auburn haired girl.
(104/592)
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Life, on the rocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life, on the rocks   Life, on the rocks EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 5:42 pm

"Adrian. Strong name for a strong man. It's fitting." For once Trinity was glad that she had no other customers to tear her away from this man, she was surprised to realize that she was actually enjoying this brief one on one time with him. Once again his compliments bring a blush to her ivory skin, one she didn't try to hide this time.

"Technically I'm only a cocktail waitress right now, but Ric, my boss, has been nice enough to start letting me come in early for some bartending lessons a few days a week. He's the only one here now who tends bar so I'm trying to work my up to being good enough to take some of the work off of him. I'm not really doing this to take what I learn to the more upscale bars around here, this is home to me and I just want to give back some of what Ric has given to me."

She spoke freely, sure that Ric was far enough down the bar that he wouldn't hear the mostly private conversation. Had her boss been standing closer, she would have tossed back some coy lingering remark meant to keep the man interested rather than open up a part of herself and offer the truth.
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

Life, on the rocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life, on the rocks   Life, on the rocks EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 6:07 pm

He smiled at the compliment of his name. It wasn't something he was used to being complimented on. He smiled, watching her eyes as she spoke. He listened to her talk of the bar tending training and how she was really a waitress. Either way she was a beautiful woman and she could have been someone who wandered in off the street for all he cared. She mixed drinks very well and was very easy on the eyes.

"Well that's certainly a help. A bar that's only got one person can shut down if that person gets sick or something. So it's honorable that you're willing to help him with that work load. So tell me what is it, that you want to do with your life, aside from tending the bar and waiting here." he asked, watching her as he flashed a heartwarming smile softly.
(146/738)
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Life, on the rocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life, on the rocks   Life, on the rocks EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 6:44 pm

"Yeah, that's kinda what made me decide to do this. Ric is like a father to me and I don't want his business to suffer now that he's getting older. When he's been sick in the past we've either shut down or seriously limited the drinks we offered. Like taking it down to beer and shots only since none of us knew how to mix all the other stuff. It got us through those times, but the take suffered a little and I don't like to see him lose money."

Trinity responded to the first part of his words easily enough, even pausing halfway through to cast a loving glance to her boss at the end of the bar. When the time came to consider his question about her future plans, the girl was hesitant for the first time since their conversation began. It wasn't that she didn't want to answer him, she didn't really know what to say. No one had ever asked her that before, not even Ric or Jasper. How could this guy walk in off the street and find the source of her only blank spot in life?

"Umm... well I'm not really sure about what I want to do with my life. I've never considered doing anything other than working here with Ric and living with my brother, but I guess I can't do that forever. Jazz'll probably find a nice girl to marry soon enough and I suppose that's when I'll come up with another plan." While offering her only explanation, her long slender fingers absently toy with the frayed edges of the bar rag hanging at her side.

Even though he hadn't asked for another drink yet, Trinity shifted her hands around to make another Royal Scandal, this one she wouldn't be adding to his tab. When she sets the drink in front of him with a wink, one hand lifts to push a rogue strand of silken hair behind her ear. "So what about you, Adrian, what do you do?"
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

Life, on the rocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life, on the rocks   Life, on the rocks EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 7:12 pm

"Well my job has me doing things at all hours of the day and night. I constantly have to be on the look out. Mostly I'm a student up at SaiU, but what I get paid for is research. You'd probably laugh at me if you knew what my major was or what I was being paid to do research for." he said, blushing slightly as he sat there.

He smiled gently at her as he took the second Royal Scandal and downed it slowly, once more savoring the taste of the wonderful drink she'd made. He licked his lips lightly before brushing a few hairs out of his eyes as he looked at her again.

"If you guys need help around here I'd be happy to volunteer. Couldn't hurt with my classes anyway. It would let me practice my sociology and analyze people, in a natural environment." he said smiling at her.
(153/891)
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Life, on the rocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life, on the rocks   Life, on the rocks EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 7:34 pm

"Sounds kinda like my brother's job. Well the all time of the day and night part at least. Since you mentioned it, and added that I would probably laugh, you know you're gonna have to tell me your major and your research subject now if for no other reason than to give me the chance to prove you wrong."

Trinity glanced to Ric again and lowered her voice conspiratorially. "I don't really think you're waitress material, Ric generally likes his employees to be cute enough to catch the customer's eyes. Though I'm sure you could entice the majority of our female patrons, but that would make me jealous so forgive me for not passing the offer on to him."

Flashing him another smile, she steps back to cross the narrow bar back area and hops up onto the back counter. Since there were no other customers needing her attention, she felt comfortable settling in to continue the chat. "Alright college boy, spill the info. What are your major and research topic?"
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

Life, on the rocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life, on the rocks   Life, on the rocks EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 8:27 pm

"Jealous that I'm getting attention from the girls? Or jealous that I'm taking the girl's attention from you? I am a researcher for Professor Akiko Suzuhara. I research anything and everything paranormal. I only do what I do." he said, smiling gently as he looked into her eyes. "I guess you could say I'm a ghost hunter."

He sat there, smirking lightly as he sat there, waiting patiently for her response and laughter. He knew full well how much of a nerd or dork he must have sounded like but he believed in the paranormal and knew without a doubt he would be chided for it. Satsu did it enough, but nobody seemed to ever truely believe that his work had any true meaning to the world around him.
(129/1,020)
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Life, on the rocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life, on the rocks   Life, on the rocks EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 9:04 pm

"Jealous that you would be getting their attention, I could care less if they paid attention to me." There was no laughter as she listened to his words, nor was there any after he'd finished and she began to speak. Instead, her face took on a thoughtful expression. "Too bad I didn't know you years ago, I could have shown you some first hand experience."

For a moment the light usually shining in her emerald eyes goes dim as the memories of the once perfect family she had been a part of come flooding back. As was typical of Trinity's mental jaunts to the past, she shook it off quickly and plastered the same old smile back on her face.

"So how does one become a paranormal researcher? I mean, it's not like it's a real common field." She was genuinely interested in what he had to say, especially with the paranormal experiences dotting her background.
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

Life, on the rocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life, on the rocks   Life, on the rocks EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 9:28 pm

"I guess it is too bad that we didn't meet a few years ago. If you'd rather take me off the market, I'd be more than happy to go out with you if you're ever open for a date." he said, watching her as he smiled gently at her. "How to become a paranormal researcher... Well there are the obvious answers, but I chose it because my grandmother was a powerful medium. She always told me stories of ghosts she'd seen, fought, and even stories about those that she had helped. I always thought they were stories... Until the day she died. I guess you could say I became obsessed."

He watched her, looking into her eyes, searching for some form of reaction. When he'd mentioned paranormal research earlier her eyes had dimmed. Some kind of history with the paranormal, maybe? No, first hand experience. She was trying to play it off as an innuendo or at least make it seem that way.
(163/1,183)
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Life, on the rocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life, on the rocks   Life, on the rocks EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 10:16 pm

Trinity was silent until the man had finished speaking, her only reactions to his words had been a very bright blush at the mention of her taking him off the market. Before she had a chance to let her mind play around with that possibility he'd moved on and explained his involvement with paranormal studies. She found her heart breaking at the mention of his grandmother's death, she could sympathize with him on that note. Hopping off of the counter, she crosses the bar back area and slides and hand across the scarred wood to cover his comfortingly. "I am so sorry for your loss."

She remembered how empty those words had sounded to her when she'd been younger and the people were crowding the house in the days after her father's death, but she didn't know any words that were more true. With her thumb rubbing lightly over the back of his hand, she offered him a concerned smile before voicing the question stuck in her mind. "Did her spirit appear to you?" For years, ever since her father had died slumped against her bedroom wall, she'd always wondered why other spirits would show themselves to her, but not her own father.
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

Life, on the rocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life, on the rocks   Life, on the rocks EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 10:23 pm

"She only appeared once. The day she died I came home from school to see her. She met me in the living room and told me wait there, that she'd bring in tea. I only heard her voice one time after that. But I never saw her again. Ever since that day I have searched for my parents and my sister. But I have never found any sign of their spirits. I figured the best way to do that would be to be a paranormal researcher. Professor Suzuhara teaches paranormal studies and psychology. So I went to her and she hired me on as her research help." he said, watching her. "Who was it for you? Who was the first spirit you saw?"
(123/1,306)
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Life, on the rocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life, on the rocks   Life, on the rocks EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 10:39 pm

"Once is better than never." The girl muttered darkly before shaking her head and focusing on the rest of what he had to say. Her thumb still brushed his skin, but now it had become an absentminded movement. She was sad to hear that he was searching for the rest of his family, the news made her think of her own family and how it had been shattered then the pieces scattered to the winds. At least she still had Jasper, one was better than none.

When he asks who her first spirit was, the shadow of memory crosses her face yet again as the image of that night came flooding back. "I don't know. Never caught their names, but they weren't ghosts. My mother knew they weren't ghosts, they were the ones who held power over Alexis."
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

Life, on the rocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life, on the rocks   Life, on the rocks EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 10:57 pm

"I guess. I kinda feel sorry for the people that can't see spirits, or those that can't communicate with them. Their loved ones tend to hang around for as long as they can and try as they might they can never get through to the ones they love." he said, covering her hand with his gently. "Demons? Who's Alexis? I can help. Demons can be slain."
(66/1,372)
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Life, on the rocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life, on the rocks   Life, on the rocks EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 11:10 pm

"What about when the loved one doesn't hang around, even though we can see spirits and spend weeks on end waiting for them to show up?" The question was out of her mouth before she had a chance to stop it. Lowering her eyes to their joined hands, she shook her head lightly. "I'm sorry, that's a sore spot for me, has been for years."

Grabbing the Crown Royal bottle with her free hand, reluctant to break the physical contact with his, she pours a shot before bringing it to her lips and knocking the amber liquid back easily. With the dose of courage, she grants him another smile and continues. "Alexis was my little sister, is, she is my sister. As far as I know she's still alive out there somewhere. The demons were hers, or she was theirs, we were never really sure how it actually worked. They had been with her every now and then since she was born. My mother first saw them standing by her crib. She would sometimes wake up with these scratches or symbols carved into her skin. Sometimes it was religious markings but not always. The men from the local church called it stigmata, but my mother always suspected it was something else. I didn't see them until Alexis turned six and after that night I could see all the spirits hanging around everywhere."

Her voice trailed off as her eyes scan his for some form of acceptance. What she had just told him was the most she'd spoken on the subject since her mother had been committed. It was hard to talk about, especially with people who can't see them, but maybe it would be different with him.
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

Life, on the rocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life, on the rocks   Life, on the rocks EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 11:20 pm

He smiled gently looking into her eyes. He had understood how it was. As a child with his grandmother things had been quite strange. He had seen cups float, had heard glass shatter when nobody was around the glass. Had even seen a mirror explode when he passed by it. He had never known they were spirits until he was a teenager.

"My grandmother was a powerful spiritual medium. She was someone that l looked up to. Always going on about evil spirits. In the end I listened because I thought they were fairy tales. But my grandmother always had strange things happening in her home. She was always busy doing her job with them. If we can find her, maybe I can help her. I can't promise I can save her, but I can at least look and find someone that can." he said, watching her.
(147/1,519)
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Life, on the rocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life, on the rocks   Life, on the rocks EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 12:23 am

At the mention of saving Lexi, Trinity's body tensed up. Since the night her father was killed, the girl had played the events over in her mind many times, the craziness that her mother preached near the end of her sanity had corrupted the playback to the point where she no longer knew if her sister was innocent or if it all was at her bidding. When she'd first been released from the orphanage, Trinity considered trying to find the home they'd taken Lexi to, but too many years had passed and she could no longer remember how to find the place. The thought of finding the sister she and Jasper had lost hadn't crossed Trin's mind in years. As it did now, her expression was murky with mixed emotions.

"I don't know where she is. I don't know that I would even know how to start looking, or if I really want to. There's no way to know if she's even able to be saved, or wants to be. I.. I just don't know."
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

Life, on the rocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life, on the rocks   Life, on the rocks EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 1:07 am

"Trinity, I'm sorry for your loss." he said, staring at her. "I want to help but I wont pressure you. If you don't want me to, or think I can't, help tell me. I just don't want bad things to happen to you. Let's change subjects. Tell me about you. What is it you do besides tend to the bar, now, and wait on tables?'

He wasn't sure what else she enjoyed doing, but was more than happy to take her out. He smiled gently at her, watching her carefully as he smiled softly, waiting for her words, as if her voice was a drug.
(105/1,624)
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Life, on the rocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life, on the rocks   Life, on the rocks EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 1:49 am

"Maybe someday. I'll need to talk to Jasper about it first, see how he feels about maybe finding Alexis after all this time." Adrian's offer, and the comforting words that came with it, helped ease the turmoil building within the woman. It was much easier to talk to him than most of the other people in her life, almost too easy. She could already see herself telling him the whole ugly story one night in the near future. They would be curled on a couch, or basking in the afterglow of sex (an idea that brought a new heated flush to her skin not to mention a dampness somewhere else), and she would spill her heart to him not leaving out any sordid details. The imagery was both unsettling and comforting; one because she hardly knew the man, he had just walked in off the street, the other because he put her at ease instantly.

When the conversation shifted, her smile returned, slightly brighter than it had been before. "Well... on my nights off Jasper and I try to spend time together going out to dinner or catching a movie, but most of the time he gets called away to work and I'm left heading home alone. During the day, after recuperating from a long night of work, I like to go shopping. Not for clothes or shoes, though I do splurge every so often when I'm especially flush that week; I like to go out and pick up groceries, chat with the ladies who work in the bakery, deli, and flower shop. Simple things like that, my life is pretty boring nowadays. What about you? When you aren't researching the paranormal or out hunting down ghosts; what is it you like to do?"
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

Life, on the rocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life, on the rocks   Life, on the rocks EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 6:32 pm

"Most of my time is taken up with my research. But mostly I practice swordsmanship. I joined a mideval group. Basicly we get together once a week and beat the hell out of one another. I guess you could say I like beating the hell out of my friends. Though I have begun practicing Kendo. I find that the code of the swordsman can help you find peace." he said, shruging lightly.
(72/1,696)
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Life, on the rocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life, on the rocks   Life, on the rocks EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 11:19 pm

"That sounds interesting." The girl offers before elaborating. While the comment is usually what someone would say when at a loss of something useful to add, judging by the tone of her voice, this girl actually meant just what she had said. "Jazz is something of a swordsman too, at least the only weapon he owns is a katana and he wears it to work. But he's more like one of those serious sword peoples, I couldn't imagine him having any sort of fun beating the hell out of anyone. It's kinda funny though, he's happy and funny at home but goes all serious when he puts the sword on. I tease him sometimes by saying he's gone into samurai mode, he doesn't find that very funny." Realizing that she had probably rambled on for too long, Trinity blushed slightly and lowered her gaze as she began to wipe at an invisible spot on the lower counter.
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

Life, on the rocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life, on the rocks   Life, on the rocks EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 12:29 am

"Oh don't be upset. As long as he's happy what does it matter?" he asked, watching her.

She was genuinely interested in him, or at least that's how she seemed. Adrian was fully aware that she could just be going for a tip but she was opening up too much for it to be just that. She had accepted what she had said and responded in kind without a prompt.

"Would you like to go out with me sometime?" he asked, smiling at her gently.

(85/1781)
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Life, on the rocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life, on the rocks   Life, on the rocks EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 12:39 am

The question comes as somewhat of a shock. Not because she wasn't used to being asked out, but because this time she wanted to accept. "Yes. I would like to go out with you sometime." It was the first time she'd accepted an offer received at work, usually she had a firm rule against this very thing, but there was something different about Adrian. Something she felt like she could trust. "Did you have any certain time in mind?"
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

Life, on the rocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life, on the rocks   Life, on the rocks EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 1:08 am

"Well I have to go out of town in a couple of days, due to my work taking me into the woods. But I'd be happy to take you on a date when I get back. What's your number? I'll give you a call when I get back?" he asked, watching her as he smiled gently.

It was a bad excuse, or at least that it sounded like it to him. He was sure she would reject him now. But he had to do research out in the woods, and at the same time he had to train as hard as he could. He'd have to see how it would go with his life. But he wasn't going to give up at all.

(123/1904)
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Life, on the rocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life, on the rocks   Life, on the rocks EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 1:25 am

At first the explanation came off a bit lame, but when Trinity took a moment to think about what he had said, he hadn't know he would be asking someone out when he walked in off the street so a pre planned trip into the woods was a plausible excuse. Plus she kind of liked the idea of having a few days to get herself back in dating shape. Some light grooming... just in case things went really well..., maybe a trip to the salon for a hair and nail touch up, and of course she had to find some time to splurge on a new outfit and shoes to match. Mmm, new shoes, Trinity loved having a reason to shop for shoes, maybe she could even talk Jasper into fronting her some extra cash for the new Marc Jacobs that caught her eyes last week. Flashing Adrian a flirty smile paired with a careless flip of her hair, Trinity reached for one of the bar napkins and wrote her number down. Sliding it across the bar to the attractive man, she fought to contain the excitement in her voice. "Sounds good to me, gives me plenty of time to get pretty for you."
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

Life, on the rocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life, on the rocks   Life, on the rocks EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 1:33 am

This was a surprise. She was a beautiful woman and was allowing him to take her out on a date. He was just happy she hadn't just stormed off. It wasn't something he was expecting but he was very happy. Smiling he took her hand in his and lifted it lightly. He pressed his lips to her knuckles lightly as he stared into her eyes. Letting her hand go he took the number and slipped it into his pocket.

"I'll call you first thing when I get back." he said, smiling at her gently. "And my dear Trinity, you needn't 'make yourself pretty'. You're already very beautiful."

(107/2,011)
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

Life, on the rocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life, on the rocks   Life, on the rocks EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 1:50 am

As if the kiss on the hand hadn't made Trinity's heart flutter enough, his words made it all but take flight and burst from her chest. When he released her hand, she leaned over the bar and slid her palm along the man's cheek, hoping to catch and hold his gaze.

"Take care of yourself out there in the woods, Adrian. I'll be waiting by the phone for your call."
Back to top Go down
DarkKnightCecil
Respected Elder
DarkKnightCecil

Male

Life, on the rocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life, on the rocks   Life, on the rocks EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 2:43 am

"I'll take very good care of myself so that you don't wait too long." he said.

He stared into her eyes as he stroked her cheek, smiling gently. He reached out and stroked her own cheek before he stood and bowed lightly to her. His smile stayed on his face as he left, heading out to take care of the rest of his business in town before he would leave to take care of the rest of his business.

(79/2090) -Exit RP-
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Life, on the rocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life, on the rocks   Life, on the rocks EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 4:12 am

Updated Adrian.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Life, on the rocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life, on the rocks   Life, on the rocks EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 12:37 am

Updated Surreal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Life, on the rocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life, on the rocks   Life, on the rocks Empty

Back to top Go down

Life, on the rocks
Page 1 of 1