Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why Are You Doing This?

Go down 
+2
Antifreke
Psi Prince
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male
Number of posts : 2610
Rep! : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Why Are You Doing This? Empty
PostSubject: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 8:56 pm

Region: Q3

I remain at the Kora Garha with Adrian as he conducts his meeting with the village and tribal leaders of the region surrounding Kora, both Q2 to the north where Josa is coming along nicely as well as Q4 & R4 regions where I am anticipating an escalation of matters. A recent act of aggression in the southern regions has lead Adrian to formulate a plan to remove the threats from that region. The meeting here is an attempt to reach a peaceful solution in order to protect the weaker villages. Settozai, Serani, and Samud all sit in for this meeting as well. Listening to the back and forth, I say nothing, but I hear myself mentioned quite often in this. I feel a new arrival outside of the room and close my eyes while my mind reaches out to theirs.

"You bring a report?"
Operative: "Yes, Master. News from the northern regions of the Desert Lands. We have confirmed that there is in fact a new demon gaining territory in the Q11 region. He actually controls all of that region, Master. I also have news that he plans to move against the military stronghold in S11."
"This stronghold is a threat to Mandira how?"
Operative: "Not to Mandira, Master. The stronghold belongs to the Lord of Domenance. Its defenses will not hold out against a full siege. If he conquers the stronghold, it will bring a war of higher order beings and put him in a position to solidify control of S11 to Q11. If he is able to create an army of his people from all three regions that can pose a substantial threat to the order that you are trying to institute here."
"How many men does this demon have?"
Operative: "About two centuria worth (200), but they seem more like bandits and mercenaries than an organized fighting force. What are your orders?"
"Send word to Artillia. Find out if Lord Loki has returned yet. If he has, have him informed of the situation and ask him to meet me here in Kora. I will get word to Domen Yun of the pending attack in case his spies have not informed him of such."

The mental link is broken and the presence vanishes. No more than thirty minutes later, a runner would be dispatched to Artillia from Kora with a message for the Lord of the settlement. Inside the meeting, I look at Samud and speak into his mind. I bring him up to speed and he excuses himself. A column of light forms around him as I teleport him to Domenance to meet with General Paco and ensure that he is aware of the situation. It would be several days until the demon in Q11 is supposed to march on the stronghold, so there is time to prevent such a folly and Samud is given instruction that that is what I plan to do. I rise from my seat at one head of the table and everyone falls silent.

Tired of the bickering, I end the talks swiftly, "Let me make this clear as I am tired of hearing reference that Mandira and Kora are only safe because of me. You have two options and only two options. You will cease your aggressions in the Q4 AND in the R4 regions and you all will coexist or ignore each other. If I return from my trip and hear otherwise, it is not me, but the Mandiran Military that will put an end to your aggression for you. These talks are over. Q2 will remain independent and we will continue our trade as it has led to mutual prosperity between Q2 and Q3. You have your options, gentlemen. Consider them wisely for if you choose chaos, I promise you that you will receive no mercy and no quarter. I would prefer to avoid such a course of action, but your targets are on very good terms with Mandira. Now if you will excuse us, Lord Nygard and I have pressing matters to discuss."

Samud would be arriving shortly in Domenance looking for Paco or Hakim.

700 words

OOC: Valkrist will be joining us later, so we will proceed with the 3 of us until he joins up.
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female
Number of posts : 2378
Rep! : 18
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 9:22 pm

Why Are You Doing This? Sansantoo_01

The air was fresh and clean, giving me a sense of actual awakening. There were no sirens, no horns or people yelling. I didn’t have a bed, but I had a nice hammock that had been made for me. Unfortunately, the day had been spent sleeping away why our people finished another expansion part of the outpost. I had already slept half the day away, and was ready to work late into the night. Stepping outside, the clean white suit that I normally wore had been replaced with a white and blue robe, wrapped with a black sash. Before I could even make it three steps out the door, a small group of men approached me. In the center was a man, clad in gear from Mandira. The other country had no knowledge of my return, so this would be an interesting turn of events. “Speak easy and rest…”
the city was gorwing in size, and I was more than happy with all of it. The sun was out, the skies were clear, and the breeze was beautifu. With a quick look towards the south, I shook my head. I only had a light regiment of militia here. They wouldn’t be nearly enough to make a dent in any military force. fortunately, I might be able to assist. Looking with a light bit of concern for the captain of our second division, I would give my orders to mobilize.

"Mobilize the militia. Division one will remain here for defense. The others will join me for a trek to the south. We leave immediately. Messenger, join us for travel south."

Tech :
Notes :
Wordz :
Why Are You Doing This? Sansantoo_03

Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 9:48 pm

Why Are You Doing This? Domenmenbio_01
Why Are You Doing This?

The capital of Domenance would sit as a beacon on the edge of the coast with the sun’s radiance shining down upon it. Within the Temple of Domenance, the lighthouse of righteousness set upon a high cliff overlooking the seas, followers of the Faith of Domenance would offer up praise and thanksgiving to their leader and god among men. The city would be bustling with activity, as was the norm, seeing as the village refused to linger in the mediocrity of that title. Livestock and harvesting would occur in the fields outside the main walls with industry within. The reign of Domenance was set to be far stretching and cover much more lands than it currently did with the seeds of growth already set in place. Still, though the singular wakeup call had hailed the Lord of Domenance to form an army beneath him, it hadn’t riled him to the point where creating a vast army would keep his attention. To him, as a demon of great power, the power of men didn’t seem all that impressive in comparison. Luckily, a reason to continually recruit an army comes to rise.

At the settlement of Ascension it seemed as if the sentinels stationed there had not done well on their end of raising a force well enough to protect it. Difficulties had been encountered that Mukesh was in the process of working out. Enriji had been dispatched to that area to assist with the building there as Rei was ordered to stay in Harlem with HarlieQyn to watch and build up within that area. Paco and the Priestess remained at the capital to directly oversee that which the Lord wished.

By now Hakim would have a building and an office that was the central headquarters of workmen in Domenance, though he would spend more time outside of it and working with the men then he would within it. At the moment he would be surveying the lands outside of the city’s main walls for future landscaping purpose with a troop of a dozen men. Paco would be in the skies with his fellow fairy fighters, fifty in numbers, and Kaelas, the guardian, as they went through exercises of battle, moving about in the air with combat scenarios. On Samud’s arrival, if he asked around, it would be easy for him to be pointed in the direction of either Paco or Hakim.

400 / 400
Why Are You Doing This? Domenmenbio_03
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 10:26 pm

When the room is cleared of all the guests of the meeting, Adrian tells me that he had everything under control. I smirk at my mortal brother in arms and tell him that I am sure he did and he can continue such talks at the banquet. I will not be attending the banquet. "There is a situation in the northern end of the Desert Regions that I will be departing to look after. The First Centuria is already en route to Kora with Valkrist and Aria attending as well. I had planned to have them land south prepared to launch an attack on the R4 region by ship, but apparently that will have to wait. Serani will be returning to Taja tomorrow. When I return, you two will be given time to enjoy each other's company once again. Eka and Cara will be awaiting your arrival. Adrian, make sure that the Sixth Centuria is ready to march as well. I will teleport them to a village that I know in the southwest area of the R10 region. Keep the guests unaware of the mobilization as best as possible. If necessary, I will lead the two Centuria north and we will end the aggression as promised. There seems to be a new demon that has taken up position in the Q11 and is looking to expand his territory. His target is one of Domen's strongholds and I cannot allow that of course. The Cornucopia has already begun establishing trade routes to Domen's villages." Adrian nods, "Your will, Komutan. I take it that is where Samud has gone?" I nod and tell him that I also sent word north to Artillia with one of our fastest runners for that route, so if Sanzon or his Chancellor are present then we will have more allies to rally to the cause."

Samud arrives and inquires about Paco's whereabouts. Once the location is given, he would make his way in that direction with haste. While Samud is normally one to casually stroll when visiting a village, this was not the time for such leisure. We had no knowledge of the defenses of this stronghold, but my operative telling me that he does not foresee them holding out against a full siege troubles me. Upon reaching Paco, pleasantries would be brief as his focus lies more on notifying the Fairy General of the report I receive in order to hopefully confirm such and to inform the Fairy that I would be arriving later tonight to meet with Domen.

The runner is pleased to witness such a quick spur to action and that Lord Sanzon had returned already. He didn't really know what to expect but the quarter day trek had gone swiftly. Now it would seem that not only was Master Loki coming, but he would be bringing a personal guard force as well. Considering that they didn't quite know where they were going to return to Kora, the messenger already knew that he would be returning. He drinks some water and prepares to lead them south. Hopefully they would be able to keep up with the pace that he tends to set during his travels.

550/1250
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 11:15 pm

The village would spread the news quickly, while the thirty men prepared their gear. The docks would get prepared, even though we were traveling by land. As for me, I would keep it simple. armor would never be used, since I had it inlaid in my blood. Shaking my head, I would pull my hair back, tyeing it lightly behind me. A date with the hair stylist would be required when I returned to the future. Without waiting long, probably about half an hour, the small detail attachment would present itself in the circlular courtyard outside of the two command buildings. Waiting for the representative messenger to lead the way, I would stand before the thirty for a moment before looking to the skies.

"Lead on with haste."

Tech :
Notes :
Wordz :

Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 11:21 pm

When Samud is blessed by the atmosphere and overall presence of Domenance’s capitol the village people that he interacts with are kind in showing him the way that he must go to see who he must see. Since Paco was in the air with his battalion and Kaelas, the correct direction to go would be up. Regardless of whether Samud could fly or not, Kaelas would look down to the messenger that was looking up to the aerial entities. Noticing this, Paco would look to Kaelas before looking down and recognizing that a familiar foreign entity had come. He gives the order for his men to continue the drills as the fairies fought in their pixie forms going back and forth shooting sparkly attacks at one another and practicing evasion. Turning his attention away from his men and to the messenger, Paco is accompanied by the large war cat as they body descend to the ground and within the presence of Samud. On landing, or rather Kaelas’s landing and Paco’s chest height floating, Paco welcomes, “greetings, Samud of Mandira! How fares things with you? Come to our towne to bask in its glory and radiance, or are you here overseeing your tradesmen?”

202 / 602
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 11:59 pm

The runner does not hesitate in proceedings onward. He keeps the pace swift, but at a "normal" person's haste to ensure that they could keep up. The trek takes them along the coast with beautiful scenery, but staying just above the beach to prevent the sand from impeding their movement. It would take a few hours to cover the ground at their rapid pace. Upon reaching the gates of Kora, the archers of the Seventh Centuria, which are still based at Kora until the completion of The Nest fortresses, have bows drawn on the approaching force until they notice the runner. Looking down, one of them announces, "That is Lord Loki. Let them pass and inform the Master." The archers all relax their bows and put their arrows back in their quivers. They return to their patrols and positions.

The North Gate Captain stands ready to greet Sanzon, but informs him that his men will have to remain outside of the city until permission is granted by the Lord or the Master.

Samud had been pondering how to get into the sky or get the attention of the large cat. He probably would not have noticed Paco and kept going past trying to figure out if this was another riddle, but the large feline creature helped with the matter as did the mini fireworks display around the cat. When they approach, Samud smiles being freed from having to get creative with his means of getting their attention. Paco is in his "normal" cheerful mood, which makes the news even worse to deliver for Samud, but duties must be fulfilled. He responds with a smile, "I wish this was a more pleasant visit, but my Master received a report from one of our agents in the regions north of the Desert Lands..." Samud brings Paco, and Kaelas if the battle cat understands and is paying attention, up to speed on the new demon and his territory as well as his intentions made towards the military stronghold in the S11 region. "My Master also wished me to inform you that he will coming to Domenance to offer his aid in dealing with this situation."
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 12:05 am

The men would be fully mounted, taking to their cavalry. I had trained them well, and taken what we needed from travelers to make our growing settlement flourish. While they all moved around me, following the other, I would lift from the ground. The light kick of air would see me off before my form disappeared into the sky. Flying south, I would follow the other with relative ease, keeping an eye on him while the others watched my location for direction. Upon reaching the new location, a place i had never been, my body would flip and descend, coming to the ground rapidly. Taking a quick look at the archers, and listening to the words, I would stop.

"actually, Muky called me here, and this is my personal guard. They come with me. Got a problem?"

Gripping my fist, a quick sizzle of electricity would wrap around my fingers before traveling up my arm. It would not be a sign of hostility, but more that I was one of the god like buildings that these humans liked to worship.

Tech :
Notes :
Wordz :

Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male
Number of posts : 3978
Rep! : 82

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 12:06 am

Laying in bed I slowly shift my gaze, scanning over the ceiling of the room above me. As I shift my gaze over the ceiling I let out a soft groan, fighting the urge to get out of bed and start the day. Turning my gaze, I glance to the sleeping priestess next to me and let a soft smile take hold on my face as I shift, rolling onto my side before slipping an arm around Lura and pulling her sleeping form close to me as I close my eyes again, trying to lull myself back to sleep. Still in deep slumber, Lura nuzzles into Valkrist as he pulls her form close to his. With eyes closed I focus on going to sleep, though no more then a few minutes pass before I hear a knock at the door to my room. Upon hearing the knock, I let out a soft growl as I slowly lift my head. The combination of knock and growl from Valkrist causes Lura to begin to rouse from slumber, a soft murmur escaping her lips as she begins to open her eyes and look to Valkrist with blurry vision. " What is it? " I call out to the person on the other side of the door after raising up some in bed to look towards the door. " I have a message for Valkrist. " A man calls out from the other side of the door. Lura, now fully roused from slumber, turns her attention to Valkrist, shifting her head to look up at him, " What is it my lord? " She asks as she looks up at Valkirst. Looking at the door as I listen to the person on the other side, the first thing coming to mind is that Mukhya wishes to see me. Hearing Lura, I glance down at her and shake my head faintly, " Nothing my dear. " I say to her, lifting a hand to run through her hair before turning my attention to the door, " What is the message? " I ask. " You have been summoned to the dock " The man says in response to Valkirst. Lura slowly shifts and lays back, glancing to the door as she listens to the message before turning her attention to Valkrist. I listen to the man, glancing down at Lura as she begins to shift and as the man finishes with his message I let out a soft sigh, " Alright. As soon as I am ready I will head to the dock. " As I finish I begin to slowly make my way out of bed. With that the man turns and leaves. Lura watches Valkrist as he begins to climb out of bed, " Shall I join you my Lord? " She asks, slowly sitting up. Climbing out of bed, I stretch some, popping my neck before glancing back at Lura as I hear her question, " .. I see no reason why you should not. " I say before I begin to get dressed. Nodding her head, Lura slips out of bed and begins to get dressed as well. As I finish getting dressed I let out another sigh as I shift my attention to the door. Having finished dressing, Lura moves over to Valkrist, " I'm ready my Lord. ". Hearing Lura, I glance down at her and give a faint nod, " Alright, lets go. " I say before I begin to move, leading the way out of the room and out of the inn. Lura follows after Valkrist, shutting the room door behind them before following close behind him as he leads the way outside. Once outside, I glance around for a moment before heading for the docks as the messenger had instructed. Lura follows close by Valkrist, her gaze shifting as she takes in the sighs once again, though she had seen this city much in the past days she has been here. On my way to the docks I toss around ideas as to why I had been summoned, the most logical one being that Mukhya needed help with something or wanted to teach me another of his lessons, though maybe, just maybe he wanted to just relax and hang out.

Post WC: 714
Why Are You Doing This? Valkri12
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 1:15 am

When Valkrist arrives at the docks, Aria is there waiting for him. There are soldiers loading onto the transport boats. When he and Lura arrive, Aria nods to both of them as the Centurion, leader of the First Centuria, reports their status and tells her that they will be riding in the boat with his Deputy and his squad. The Deputy is the second in command of centuria and as such a very skilled warrior. She tells him that that is fine. Aria is accompanied by Iki, who is the enforcer assigned to accompany her around. Aria originally fought her appointment as Aria isn't really a violent person and Iki came to serve her when she was still part of the Khuna Apsara, but they have grown close over the past year or so since her appointment. Iki is always ready to protect her with brutality and skill. "Good morning, you two. Let's get moving. We're stopping by Kora Mandira, the political capital of the regime run by Lord Nygard. Given the magnitude of the day since this is Unveiling of the Kora Grand Hotel North, please maintain control, Valkrist." Iki speaks softly, "Avaza, we should not keep him waiting." Aria nods to the female enforcer from the Katil Hatha.

The boat ride is rather brief since they merely have to cross the channel. When the boat docks at the Port of Kora, the guards are waiting. The soldiers greet each other warmly and with jokes and taunts about which of the Centuria are the strongest or more effective. The Deputy helps Aria out of the boat and the sight of Iki, causes some initial unrest amongst the dock workers. The Khuna Apsara had not been disbanded for all that long and with her being a member of the Katil, the fear had not subsided much. Seeing Aria puts people at ease. A messenger arrives at the port to bring the four of them to me as well as the Centurion.

340/1950

Last edited by Psi Prince on Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 1:16 am

The North Gate Captain looks at Sanzon and smiles at the sight of the lightning display. "They will have to dismount in order to prevent commotion. Also, they will not be allowed in the Kora Garha. No foreign forces, allied or not, are allowed inside the citadel. The scout will take you. Welcome to Kora Mandira, Lord Sanzon." The runner would lead them forward. Coming in thru the North Gate would allow for Sanzon and his guard to witness the celebration for the unveiling of the Kora Grand Hotel North, which is a massive project that provides not just lodging, but entertainment and a place to conduct business as well. The Hotel has its own marketplace of mid to high end goods. There are citizens celebrating, a mixed crowd of merchants, leaders, ambassadors, and warlords from around this northeastern region in attendance. The city patrols are also in full rotation and standby. The group's path opens up rather easily thanks to the guards.

The Kora Garha is a large citadel and estate on an elevated position overlooking the water. The guard concentrated here is heavier. As Sanzon and his detail are brought to the gates, he will find another, smaller, group approaching the gates as well. Aria, in humanoid form, would be leading the smaller group. He would notice the rod like weapon on the left hip of the female accompanying her as well as the long braided ponytail hanging down her back. The armor had changed some, but the demeanor would be familiar to Sanzo. Both messengers inform the guards that they have guests to meet with the Master. The guards recognize both parties and Sanzon would be reminded that his guards would have to remain outside the Kora Garha, but that they are welcomed to enjoy the festivities.

Inside, the group would be led down a long outdoor corridor leading past several administrative and guild buildings and offices as well as the military barracks for the Second Centuria, which is the elite force of Kora charged with the personal protection of the Kora Garha and more specifically Lord Nygard since they are his personally trained centuria. Once they reach the actual citadel itself, the steps leading up to the doors number around fifteen. once the doors open, there is corridor leading into the main foyer of the citadel and they are taken off to the right and up a spiral stairway. The door directly facing them at the end of the hall to the left is the Council Room, where they would find me meeting with Adrian, Serani, Settozai, Sikke, and Adrian's military council. There are maps on the table and pieces have been placed on different locations on the map.

460/2310
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 12:13 pm

The response given would be satisfactory to me. After all, there were political things that didn't require a personal guard for, and there were things that did. Thankfully, in this type of place, I would be perfectly capable of handling things on my own were someone to cross me. Raising my left arm, the guard, aptly named the Ched Nesad, would dismount as requrested. "Stay together, enjoy yourselves."

Breaking away from the group, I would follow the messenger towards a building that I was unfamiliar with. It seemed I had been out of this realm for quite a while, and someone had been busy. Looking over the area, i would follow the woman into a building, up some sort of staircase while not even really paying attention to anything. When we arrived at our destination, a quick, casual wave goodbye to her would be given before I strolled into the room of people I actually recognized. With a light smile, the robe would be pressed around the bottom, where white dress pants would be see. They were a completely different style of fashion from anything seen in this time. There, my hands would dig into pockets while I floated over to the table.

"I just got back last night and you already have trouble?"

Tech :
Notes :
Wordz :

Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 6:35 pm

After hearing the news Paco and Kaelas look at one another, the fairy floating at a suitable height and the feline sitting on its hunches. Paco’s mind calculates the complexity of the situation while Kaelas’s mind lingers on whether Paco would taste better in bits and roasted or simply raw. After a bit of thought, they both turn back to Samud as Paco gives a deep sigh and comments, “that is troubling news indeed… for them.” He did find it convenient that they had time to react rather than hearing the worst news that would basically be the report that Ascension was overrun by a force that Mukesh and Enriji couldn’t handle. Though they were there, Paco does admit, “that area is sparsely protected… a conflict could be bad for the logistics already set in place. We wouldn’t want trade to be interrupted.” The report along with the fact that the Lord Mukhya felt that he needed to come to bring assistance for a threat like this gave it the feel that it was more serious than it initially would sound to the fairy. Still, reporting this issue and offering aid seemed like a beneficent thing for the allied nation to do. Paco’s smile returns as he returns, “this may still be a pleasant visit, it’s good that you’ve come. I’m certain those attacking our lands know not of what they do; they may still be spared my master’s wrath and given his mercy if they pledge their loyalty to Domenance. I think it would be a good idea if we should travel to them and seek diplomacies with their leader and try to see if there’s any rationality in his head before going through the trouble of riling our Lords. With my speed we can get there before evening.”

300 / 902
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 8:14 pm

The fairy takes the news fairly well and it would seem that there were guardians of the stronghold in place. Perhaps, the situation was not all that bad after all. Still, precautions needed to be taken and the fairy seemed to be of the same mind. His proposal is a wise and cautious one. The opportunity to avoid bloodshed and hostilities seemed like a highly desirable outcome. Samud considers the plausibility of survival of such an endeavor and he figures that he has nothing to worry about. Should the demon they are planning to meet prove dishonorable, it would be his last folly. Nodding to the fairy, Samud inquires, "How do you propose we get there?" Samud did not know much about fairies, but the little fellow looked quite similar to Dainos and the dark sprite generally picked the method of doing things for others that caused them great discomfort and personal amusement for himself.

Sanzo's arrival is met with a smirk from me. "I, actually, am in no trouble at all. The territory of my new ally has been threatened and so, I prepare to lend aid since the report I received suggests that it is needed. I honestly was not sure if you or your Chancellor would be th ones to receive my message. I might as well get any lingering introductions out of the way now..." Aria steps forward and speaks, "Allow me, Komutan." I smile and nod to her as she gets to show off her herald skills. Addressing Sanzo and the gathered council members, "Lord Sanzon Loki of Artillia, you obviously already know the Komutan, Mukhya. As well as Serani, his Warden Premier. Lord Adrian Nygard, the Komutan's adopted brother, is now Lord and Master of this city, Kora, the political capital of Mandira. Taja is the spiritual capital and training ground alone now. This is Iki ("e-key"), my guardian. The warrior that arrived with me is Valkrist, an ally of Mandira and the Komutan's sparring partner. She is Lura, Valkrist's Priestess and Consort." I nod and look at her, "You forgot someone. Sanzo, this is the Muse of Koutaku-Shi, Aria Serenada Vivace. She holds the position of Avaza, my Voice. Can't argue that her voice is far more appealing to listen to. She is my Herald and has recently taken over duties as Overseer of Diplomacy Guild. Serani, get Valkrist caught up on matters. Take the Council and find solutions for the current state of things in the R4 region. Sanzo & I have some catching up to do. Adrian, you and Aria will remain." They both nod and move closer towards the main map.

460/2770

Last edited by Psi Prince on Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 8:23 pm

"a new ally?"
I spoke to myself, wondering who this could possibly be. Looking around the room at the introductions, I recognized a few of the people from long ago. It had been a while since I had been around, obvious to the comment that he was unaware of who would be attending. As soon as all of the introductions were over, I fully checked out the herald. He had one thing right, and I could expand that to spending time with her over him. Then again, I still had a thing for that bath girl from the island. While the others were dismissed or given an order, I took a quick glance to the maps on the table. Hhmm...

"we have some catching up to do, its been a while since I decided to enjoy the high city life. Shall we?"

Tech :
Notes :
Wordz :

Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 9:49 pm

Still facing Samud, Paco shifts his posture and motions to Kaelas. He speaks, “It may be simpler to use the master’s vessel for you; I’m told he’s more comfortable than myself in my true form.” He would require from the beast, giving it his attention, “Kaelas, we will have to ride you for the master’s glory. Please deliver us swiftly to the lands near Ascension.” Kaelas did not seem opposed to the idea, so turning to Samud Paco comments, “please feel free to mount his back.” While giving Samud time to get onto Kaelas, Paco would lower his gaze and begin to channel his fairy energy before a ‘dry shower’ localized about their position would pour down upon them, enhancing the attributes of the hellcat. After wards, the secondary spell would shift Paco’s attributes to the hell cat, lowering his and increasing the felines attributes in a greater capacity. After casting both spells, Paco would float toward Kaelas and rest on his head, charging himself with the rest spell and glowing with a sparkling energy. He would wait for Samud to be mounted and ready before Kaelas would stand and take to the skies. At first the feline would lift slowly, but once reaching a height of several stories high, Paco would end the resting spell to give a time based incantation. Time would freeze for all except them and Paco would give a simple, “hang on” before the large cat would burst forth with great speed towards the western lands. Though the spell couldn’t be held the entire way there, it would be caste in spurts as stamina allowed, so that they would be on schedule to arrive there in literally no time at all.

286 / 1188
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 10:04 pm

Samud is intrigued by the reference to a true form for Paco, but pleased that he would simply be riding the large battle cat. Samud wastes no time in mounting the cat and getting into a comfortable position. What he did not expect was that they would actually lift into the sky. It had taken a while for middle aged-elder male to get used to the teleportation that I frequently put him thru but flying was something that he was completely foreign to. As they lift off, Samud finds himself afraid at first, but then quite excited. Listening to the little fairy general chant spells from up ahead, Samud is set to ease in the whole ordeal. He enjoys being able to see the world the way that we with the gift of flight are able to see it. From the skies, things are put in a much different perspective. Samud would simply ride along until they reach their destination. He learns the name of this stronghold as well. It is called Ascension. Good to know for his report back to me as well as the Cornucopia, who have been responsible for updating all of our maps after their travels so we can know when new roads have been built and information about new regions.

220/2990
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 11:09 pm

The final spell to lock the temporal stasis is cleared as Kaelas finds himself exiting ‘warp drive’ over the mountainous regions of the southern inlands. As he viewed the world below from a staggering aerial height within the sky, Paco noticed a stronghold surprisingly close to Ascension, though it was a few clicks to the north. Speaking primarily to himself, yet audible, Paco would recount, “It would seem that Mukesh had gotten lazy.” With a confident, “Heh” he would continue, “well, I suppose we can’t all be as great as I when it comes to serving the master.” The small fairy would say this while standing atop Kaelas head and holding onto two fistfuls of hair on its head. They would bypass Ascension, flying over it in a decreasing of altitude as they headed towards the unknown stronghold. As they get closer, Paco is able to better gauge the number of men of which this stronghold consisted via the number of tents encamped outside the main village area of the stronghold. Much like a castle town, there seemed to be a rugged and hastily constructed primary structure in the center of this. Paco would comment, “Kaelas, bring us down” and with that, the war cat would begin its descent and begin landing procedures. With the count of standing men, it would be interesting to see how they would respond to a large hell cat lowering into their midst. Paco inquires, “do you think it best to land outside or within the boundaries? We may spook our potential host.”

258 / 1446
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 11:23 pm

Samud realizes that this is the second time he has heard the name "Mukesh" and deducts that he must be the Overseer of the stronghold. Nodding his head, he remains silent until they pass over the encampment. Well, that is both good and bad. It would seem that the full extent of the force has not been gathered yet, but the fact that so many had been gathered created cause for concern within the elder diplomat. When the little fairy raises his question, Samud ponders it for a moment and decides that perhaps it would be more polite to land outside of the gates and announce themselves first. "You are correct that it would be best to keep our host relaxed as it is possible that he will be more likely to listen to reason upon doing such. Also, we would not want them to draw the ire of the hell cat here either." Samud smiles and enjoys the weird sensation of the weight drop as they begin their descent. That ride was rather enjoyable for sure.

175/3165
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male
Number of posts : 3978
Rep! : 82

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:07 am

Arriving at the docks I spot Aria and let out a soft sigh as I shift my gaze, glancing around to see if Mukhya is with her, though I couldn't sense him which lead me to believe that he was not here right now. Turning my gaze back to Aria, I return the nod before turning my gaze to the man speaking to her. Lura returns the nod as well and a simple greeting to Aria. Remaining silent I listen as the two talk, trying to get a feel for what is going on right now and why I have been summoned to the dock since Mukhya is not here. Lura remains silent at Valkrist side as she watches Aria. As Aria begins to speak to me I shift my gaze back to her, now listening to what she has to say to me. Though she was simply brought along for the trip, Lura listens to Aria as well as she explains things to Valkrist. As Aria makes the comment about me maintaining control I give a faint frown at the comment. As Iki speaks, I glance to her for a moment before turning my gaze back to Aria since she was not speaking to me.

When it came time to board the ship I climb aboard with Lura and follow Aria's instruction on where to go for the duration of the trip. During the trip I keep to myself with Lura and simply rest for the duration of the ride. Lura remains at Valkrist's side during the trip. As the boat begins to unload, I wait before getting off as well and glancing around for a moment as I let out a light groan. Since Aria knew where to go, I begin to follow after her.

Moving through the city I slowly shift my gaze, glancing around at everything as I follow after the ones leading the way. Following at Valkrist side, Lura slips an arm through his as she shifts her gaze around at everything too. Inside I would shift my gaze, turning my attention ahead of us as I continue to follow Aria's lead since she seemed to know where she is going. Lura continues to glance around at everything, remaining at Valkrist's side. By now I had begun to sense the presence of Mukhya near by and though I began to grow a bit restless I restrained my actions, wishing to see why I had been summoned. Coming into the Council Room I come to a stop and glance around for a moment, still remaining silent as I simply listen to the people talking. Hearing Mukhya's voice, I glance to him for a moment before shifting my gaze around the room. As Aria begins to speak I listen as she starts to introduce people. When I am introduced, I glance to Aria for a moment before turning my gaze from her. Lura looks to Aria as well as she is introduced to the people in the room. Turning her attention from Aria, Lura bows her head faintly out of respect. I listen as Mukhya speaks and it seems he was not going to tell me what is going on but instead someone else shall be explaining things to me, which isn't much of a problem. As Serani leaves with the Council I follow after with Lura to find out why I have been summoned here and what is going on.

Post WC: 572
Why Are You Doing This? Valkri12
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 8:27 pm

With a nod, Paco agrees with the advice given by Samud and would instruct the big kitty to land outside of the men and tents surrounding the base. As they get closer, Kaelas would have the attention of several of the men. Fingers would be pointed to the skies and grunts and words would alert others to the arrival of the mysterious oversized feline and the human host riding upon its back. During much of this and what was to follow, Paco would be so small that he would hardly be noticed if he were to stay on Kaelas. Large paws come in contact with the ground with a slight rumbling on impact with the ground and the tiger slides a few feet and trots into a walk and then pause as he stands looking out onto the mass of men and tents before him with the stronghold in the background. His hind portion would lower, allowing Samud to dismount safely from his back before he would sit straight up with Paco still standing on his head, legs stretched past shoulders width with his arms folded in a dominating manner and a look of confidence. Barely noticed, the men approaching the trio would have their attention on Samud and the feline. A semi circle of warriors would encroach to the new arrival before a large male, perhaps a Lt. in these forces, would step forth and inquire to Samud, “who are you and why have you come to this place?”

250 / 1696
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 3:38 am

Samud would dismount and adjust his robes to make himself fully presentable. Once the officer approaches to inquire about their identity and their purpose for being there. It was a simple answer, but Samud knew that it was also a delicate one. He obviously can't just say, "Hi I'm Samud and I am from Mandira, you know the place in the northeast that is run by the kami. Oh and this is Paco, he serves the demon that your master is preparing to attack." That would be a foolish thing to do. Instead, Samud simply responds, "I am Samud and I am here to speak with your lord. Could you arrange that for us? I have a proposal to discuss with him that would be of great benefit to your people." Samud does not make reference to Paco in case the fairy wanted to recon the situation first. He glances down at Paco though it would seem like he was looking at Kaelas. His thoughts on the situation would be open so that Paco would know why he was not introduced. Besides, with a personality like his, the fairy was more than capable of introducing himself.

200/3365

OOC: Kyro, I won't be online tomorrow, so feel free to NPC Samud as you need tomorrow to move things along. I'll post on Friday before I leave for the weekend.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 7:07 pm

Paco watches the situation from atop Kaelas’s head. Instead of looking down at him, Samud, much like the others in attendance there, would only be able to see Paco if Kaelas were to decline his head. Categorized as massive for his size through the training of his priestly manner and the permeation of the lord’s strength through seemingly osmosis, the mystic winged tiger had grown to proportions much larger than a single story hut. The situation is observed as skillfully handled by Samud, but his words would not be greeted with rationality. “Our Lord doesn’t have time for solicitors. How about we kill you and take your beast as our own to tame?” Samud would, of course, feel some form of negativity from these words and the situation would be the more complicated. Speaking mentally to him, Paco advises, “I’ll handle this.” His voice booming above Kaelas, he uses his powers of influence upon the ears of the male who had stepped forwards, taking him to be weak of mind. He orders in a manner that made it look like Kaelas was speaking, “take me to your leader!” The spell is effective against the large male as he nods and speaks, “Okay.” The others around him seem confused for a moment before they realize that these people might be ones that their lord may want to meet. Forcing a rationalization out of the situation, they part ways, since a man and a hell cat would be no threat to their lord whatsoever. The lead Lt. who had welcomed them, turns and motions for them to follow him as he begins to walk towards the strong hold. Kaelas lifts from his rump and proceeds walking in a cat like manner, looming high over Samud who would follow their new found host.

300 / 1996
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 8:55 pm

He had wanted to avoid announcing the truth of who it is that he serves, but it would seem more inevitable he prepares to reply, but Paco speaks into his mind. It did not unsettle him as he is quite to use to mental invasions, but he does rekindle his desire to at least be able to have a warning of a voice preparing to speak into his mind. He looks up at the massive hellcat and nods to where Paco should be positioned. This would further support the coming trick that Paco pulls off, which is currently unknown to Samud.

Samud is admittedly impressed and baffled by the turn of events upon Paco taking over negotiations. The fairy just speaks and the soldier changes his tone? Samud also figures that they may believe that it was the hellcat that had spoken to them. After all, he did reference to taking Kaelas and taming him for their use. That would certainly annoy most mystical creatures. Samud follows along, making sure to remain out of harm's way of being stepped on or the unfortunate victim of troublesome bowels. Now that Paco was taking lead on the endeavor, Samud would remain silent and simply take in the sights. He needed to be able to get a good feel of the defenses, layout, civilian positioning, and any obvious priority targets. All of this would be reported back to me upon Samud's return.

OOC: I'll be posting for Rune tomorrow night.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 12:04 am

The promenade is made through the exterior portion of the stronghold and through the shoddy wooden palisade wall that created the perimeter. Continued, the walk travels into the gooey center where the largest structure would be found. Though it was obvious it was built recently, the actual main structure was impressive. It resembled more of a manor than it did a castle with sturdy walls. A triangular roof sits upon a rectangular frame with vertical support beams attached to the elevated patio walk ways with a prominent large sliding door in the front of the structure’s main area. We are brought to the stairs leading to this structure where two guards at the door step to each side and slide the door open. From within the structure steps a purple tinted male in matching and flaring robes of a darker hue embroidered with gold, steps out from the doors as they are opened and comes into the patio area. Humanoid in his appearance, items like his elongated elf like ears and odd slender tendrils spawn from an area akin to where his short reptilian wings were folded, would coax an onlooker to him having demonic characteristics. With his arms crossed at his chest, his gaze immediately shifts to Paco, then to Kaelas, and then Samud, seemingly going in order of strength in his initial observation of his seemingly expected guests. Looking to Samud, he inquires, “So you’re the one I speak to and not the tiny yokai? Be quick with it before I kill you, what do you want?”

260 / 2256
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 5:02 pm

The interior of the village is not as he would have expected from a demon. The demon himself is not what Samud would have expected either for that matter. Sure, everyone seems to have a thing for threatening to kill everyone, but it kind of goes with the times. Samud gauges that fighting inside the city could prove problematic considering what he has seen here with this promenade seeming like a death trap of a corridor. Though, if used in reverse, it could prove most useful. When called upon to speak, Samud answers with confidence, "Killing me would be an unwise course of action, my lord. My name is Samud Urah and I am a diplomatic emissary of Mandira sent by Mukhya, the Divine Kami and Master of Mandira. My Master's desire is simple. He wishes to avoid a war between higher beings and aid each other rather than clash. He believes that if you would agree not to attack Lord Domen Yun, then other arrangements could be made for you to expand and increase your wealth and power. One instance would be access to our mercantile networks and resource channels. It would be a shame to see your people suffer for lack of compromise, my lord." Samud kept his words brief providing introduction and terms. He glances up to Paco figuring that he was the "yokai" that was spoken of. He was not familiar with this term, so he is not sure if it is a neutral term or an insult of sorts.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 8:17 pm

The demon listens to the words of the emissary as if bored. He inspects the nails of his right hand as Samud speaks before looking up at him after the conclusion of his words. He gives an arrogant smile which could be confused as a kind or sarcastic smile, depending on the receiver’s demeanor. The smile soon vanishes and a scowl comes to his face as he speaks, “so we’ve been found out so soon. It’s fine since the attack is tomorrow. I have received your message and I thank you for the warning… however, now since you’re no longer any use to me, I have to kill you. There’s no need for you to go back to your masters and prepare them. It will be fine when they come down looking for you; we’ll be more than ready… guards.” With that, the army around them would point their weapons and attentions to Samud, Kaelas and the fairy. The large cat would growl defensively as it looked around them; to her and Paco, these underlings wouldn’t be hard to deal with. Paco steps to the edge of Kaelas’s head and looks directly at the demon and orders him, “stand down and surrender this area to us.” The spell of Influence is casted perfectly over the demon, but the demon responds, “no… and how dare you attempt to use a spell on me!” The demon’s body flexes and a mental spike shots from his head to Paco before Paco is ready for it. The spike knocks him back and off of Kaelas’s head. The men around charge in to attack Kaelas and Samud.

272 / 2528
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 4:27 am

Samud reads the response of the demon as arrogance and disrespect. He does not let it bother him though. The emissary does find himself slightly worried as the demon tells him that he is going to kill them so that they could not warn their masters and Samud thinks to Paco to flee in order to ensure that word would get back. He is completely unaware of the mental spike that the fairy had just endured. He looks around for a weapon of some sorts to wield against the soldiers or the demon. Knowing that even that idea would be futile since Samud is not a fighter and past the years of his prime even if he was. "Only a coward would kill an unarmed diplomat of elder age. I have caused you no injury." The likelihood of his survival was highly unlikely, but if he could buy the fairy or the massive hellcat some time then it would be worth it. His thoughts continue to try and spur the fairy to action. Samud was content with his fate if it meant that he would die in service to his Master. That and he was aware that if he had served me well enough then his death would not be permanent.

Adrian leaves from the room where Sanzon and I are discussing matters and wrapping up our talks to retrieve the others. The Council is sent to enjoy the festivities of the day while Serani, Valkrist, & Lura would be led back to the Strategy Room where myself, Sanzo, and Aria are all waiting in conversation. Valkrist and Lura had been brought up to speed with what had transpired already. The next step would be to prepare my traveling group for the trip to Domen's capital to offer my aid in this matter.

315/4155
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 11:35 am

"Yes, we do have a lot to discuss later. I also have a request for you, since I want to keep trade between our nations strong. That can wait till after our current issue is taken care of.""
I would look at the table with the map on it again. Running my hand across the top, I would draw two circle around Artillia. One was what would soon be a stone wall around the entire capital, and the other a wooden perimter that stretched for miles around our entire territory. The intention was completely different from what the others had done. Instead of creating a city and making outposts and smaller villages, I want to conjoin all of them into a layered metropolis. The vision of the future metro was in my head, and for some reason, I wondered if our interaction here is what caused the humans to band together and create a mega city that exiled spirits. Our actions may be writing the history that we know, not creating a different one. Oh well, what happens is what happens. Guess all I could do now was wait and see what the course of action was.

Tech :
Notes :
Wordz :

Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 7:30 pm

Kaelas steps over Samud, shielding the elder with her body while giving a massive roar towards their front. With said roar, a rushing wave of ice generates from its open mouth rushing through the men immediately before them. At the same time, the tiger shifts its body around, stomping on the ground and kicking up dust to keep those around her at bay as much as possible. The sound of a few arrows pierce the air as three hit their mark on the beast’s side. Before hitting the ground, Paco recovers himself and flips back upright a foot or two from hitting the ground. Hearing Kaelas’s pained roar, he knows that the creature was stricken. Murmuring lightly, the fairy hastily gathers his strength together and channels an incantation to freeze time. The spell fails on its first invocation causing him to worry as Kaelas continue to fend off attackers and protect Samud. On the third try, time finally halts for all except for Kaelas and Samud. Unfortunately, a pendant around the wrist of the demon lord keeps him from being frozen in time as well. Not knowing this, Paco is swift to run to Samud and call out, “there’s too many to fight and we don’t know about that other demon… right now it would be best to retreat! Hurry, onto Kaelas…” He was worried about the hellcat taking damage, but he trusted that if the creature could take to the skies, he could heal her after some distance was put between them.

253 / 2781
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 3:20 am

Samud had resigned him to the afterlife, but the massive hellcat came to his rescue. While he is surprised, he is also relieved that said course of action had occurred. Possessing no gift for magic, Samud is utterly useless in this encounter. He uses his words to avoid such things from happening. When Paco wisely advises a retreat, Samud does not waste time trying to climb up onto Kaelas' back. Instead, he runs and jumps onto her back left paw and grabs a hold of fur for dear life. Make no mistake, Samud did not wish to die, but was willing to sacrifice himself if it would ensure the safety of an entire stronghold and allow for him to be avenged. Hoping to feel the air surround him and the ground leave them, Samud braces himself for a rapid vertical ascent.

Adrian looks over at Valkrist as they are making their way back down the hall to the Strategy Room. The Hitorinji Guardian and Lord of Kora inquires, "How has your training been progressing, Valkrist? I hear my brother has been out training and traveling with you quite a bit as of late. This mission that you are about to undertake with him... be mindful of what is going on and don't get in over your head. If you do something stupid, I don't want Mukhya risking himself trying to save you. His people need him and I doubt you will be missed all that much." Serani first showed happiness and optimism that Adrian was being kind to Valkrist, but that fades when his true intentions are revealed. The Warden Premier just shakes her head and reaches out to open the door.

The door opens before she can touch it. As Serani enters first, she notices my glowing eyes and nods her head in gratitude. With everyone gathered, I look at Aria and she closes her eyes for a moment in silence. When she opens her eyes, she speaks, with her words soft yet alluring, and beckoning all to listen, "We will be leaving for Domenance now. Adrian, you will remain here to oversee the ceremonies and proceed with plans to build Raksaka. Serani, you will remain to handle the negotiations as the Master's Warden. Speak with Elder Hobin about the Fourth Centuria using his village as their camp while construction takes place. Also, have the Artisans get the new workers assimilated quickly. Once your affairs here are concluded, you will return to Taja until the Master's business to the south is concluded and he returns. Valkrist, Lura may be in danger if she accompanies us on this trip, but she is your responsibility to protect. Lord Loki, try not to offer peace terms to the enemy." Aria looks over at me as I chuckle at that last part. One entertaining thing about her issuing orders for me is that some things are just so much funnier when she says them compared to when I say them. I speak to Adrian telepathically, "I have faith that you will do fine, but I will not show you favoritism. On the contrary, your mistakes will be weighed heavier because you are to rule all of Mandira one day. That is why I hold you to the standard that I do."

Adrian looks at me and nods understandingly before offering a crisp salute as columns of light form around the party that would be heading to Domenance now: myself and Aria, Sanzo, and Valkrist & Lura. Aria shifts into her avian form as the light engulfs her. She takes the form of a large nightingale perched on my shoulder. All five of us would arrive at our destination... the skies above Domenance. I would remain in the skies with my form glowing slightly as I tried to call out to Samud, who should be anticipating my arrival.

670/4825
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 12:28 pm

"easy enough...psh...""
The last part would be directed toawrds Muky. I figured peace would be impossible anyway. With the lineup they had coming against them, they would be lucky to flee before shit hit their universal fan. While I was already ready to relieve some stress, the knowledge that survivors may grow and turn retaliations towards my people one day was stuck in my head. The simple fact that I was assisting here meant that I had taken responsibility for actively protecting my people. Taking a light step, the scenery would change around me before I was in the air, overlooking the area below. It looked like we had walked into a movie from the sight of things. Looking across at the five us us, and thinking something really, really loudly to Mukhya. "Throw Domen in here and we almost look like the pillars..." A sigh would escape my lips before I thought of a quick strategy. I could probably charge up here, then get teleported down there into the middle of things. It would leave me massively vulnerable, but It would probably completely annihilate anything within a hundred feet. It would also give me a chance to use it in active combat... Oops.. thinking again...

Tech :
Notes :
Wordz :

Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 4:22 pm

My thoughts reach out to Sanzo, "You know... if you don't want me reading your thoughts all the time, you should really thinking quieter and I would advise against any thoughts of creating your lightning storm here. I know visibility has lessened, but this is not the target. This is the capital of Domen's territory, Dominance. I think. I have only seen this place thru memories of both an operative and one of my most trusted emissaries." I look down upon the night sea and take in the sights. I wasn't all that concerned with observing the city yet. I would wait for Domen or Paco to sense us. I could not feel Samud's mind or thoughts, which are always open to me. I find this to be very strange. I scan the area now looking for a sign of him and waiting to be noticed. I would make no response as to the Pillars comment as I detested the comparison. I was nothing like them and should our paths cross again, I would definitely set out to prove that!

190/5015
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 12:57 am

Kaelas feels Samud grab onto him and with that feeling he knows well enough Paco’s wishes to retreat at the moment. The hellcat had no desires to fall in a battle where his lord or master, the priestess, was not present. Its body sinks to the ground as its jaws reach down and pick up Samud as carefully as haste would allow before his powerful hind legs would launch him into the air. Paco is relieved to see this, but notices movement from in front of the door of the manor. The demon lifts his hand, seemingly unaffected by the frozen time and takes aim at the large hellcat. It was an easy enough target to hit, but Paco knew that he had to do something in order for Samud and Kaelas to escape. “Barrier of light, block us!” he calls out, as the realm of frozen time shatters and a barrier is erected between the fleeing Kaelas and the demon. A powerful non elemental blast rockets from the demon’s hand and strikes the barrier causing it to explode and shatter in all directions at a height of about twenty feet off of the ground. The blast sends up dust and debris as well as a strong amount of force to the soldiers below and Paco. As the smoke clears, Kaelas would be already rushing through the air creating a good amount of distance between them and the demon. The demon takes a step forwards as if to pursue them but Paco swiftly flies in front of him at a distance of about twenty feet to block his path. “You’re opponent is me! The 1st general of the Kingdom of Domenance, Paco Luminous Equivikus Hernaditus Spartus the Second!” With that, his small fairy body burns with energy and rapidly expands growing into a massive and great hybrid of a dragon with dragonfly wings and features. His massive girth tramples the normal soldiers below as he squares off with the now much smaller demon. Though hurt, Kaelas shifts Samud to his back in order for the hellcat to stretch out her body for maximum speed toward Domenance.

356 / 3137
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 5:06 pm

Domenance, it looks different from my last time here. Then again, the last time I was here Domen and I left the city so we could go square off. It really made me wonder why we were actaully here, no one had told me anything about the issue at hand. Oh well, all I needed to know was that there was an enemy, and that apparently it was expected of me to try and reason with them. Democracy may not always be the best way to go, but it was at least worth of a try most of the time. For now, it was time to get to business.

"knock knock."

Swiftly, my right arm would move directly vertical before my hands flexed, releasing a single streak of electric blue light that would scream into the skies. If Domen was home, that should get his attention.

Tech :
Notes :
Wordz :

Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 12:15 am

Samud nearly faints when the massive mouth of the hellcat lowers to engulf the diplomat before being tossed onto the hellcat's back. Samud goes thru a whirlwind of emotions and confusion during the whole ordeal, but he is sure that death is coming soon with all of the chaotic movements. The main shocker is not that he doesn't die, but that the little fairy, Paco, transforms into a rather large reptilian creature. The boastful confidence of the little guy now starts to make more sense having seen his true form. Still, Samud did not think that it was a good idea to leave General Paco behind.

Glancing over at Sanzo, I cast a glance at him trying to figure out what would prompt him to throw a lightning bolt into the skies. I do not object to it since it would be beneficial to get his attention. I open my mind to the environment to call out telepathically in a broadcast that spreads 100 feet around my position. "Come out, come out, wherever you are."
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 8:02 pm

Why Are You Doing This?

The time between events would sync in a manner as that in the distance behind Sanzon and Mukhya, Samud and Kaelas would be making their reentry into the land of Domenance. Weak and wounded, the hellcat continually throws herself towards the land of her masters; it was as if the lightning bolt hailed her arrival. By this time, Hakim would have sought council with the Lord of Domenance and was in the process of showing him the land that was earlier surveyed by him and his company. In simple terms, Hakim explains his plans for the expansion of Domen’s land. It is around this time that the bolt catches their attention and causes them to look to the skies. As they do, the large Guardian of Domenance could be seen falling through the air diagonally downwards towards them. The trajectory of the hellcat carried her hurling to the ground and landing harshly about thirty yards from Domen in a ungraceful landing which resulted in her sliding the rest of the distance until her momentum was paused must feet away from where Domen stood. Looking over her and seeing someone vaguely familiar on her back, Domen looks to Hakim who nods and orders one of his men, “fetch the priestess immediately.” With his arms folded at his chest, Domen looks over the fallen hellcat that was heavy of breath and injured at various places with weapon wounds and arrows still in her. “What has happened here?” he speaks aloud not knowing in the one on Kaelas’s back was alive or not.

260 / 3397
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 9:52 pm

Well, that was peculiar. The skies were not darkening to return the bolt, and noone was coming to greet us. After all, we weren't really being discrete with our presence. If Domen saw the bolt and ignored it I was seriously going to give him a good kick in the leg later. it was already a pain in the ass taking time out of my busy schedule to be out here, but him not sending someone to greet us was just plain rude. I hope he was doing something important and not just dicking around, he had guests to entertain and all that jazz. If I had been paying attention, I may have been able to see that thing flying in the distance somewhere.. but I wasn't, cause I was hungry...

"Muky, have a reading on him? Im bored waiting.."

Tech :
Notes :
Wordz :

Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 9:07 pm

My senses tingled as a massive signature was approaching. It completely dwarfed the more familiar signature and if Domen arrived within sensing range (not sure if u are), that would cause my senses to be stretched as if I was being pulled in multiple directions. What distracts me the most though is an overbearing urge to mentally lash out on my fellow kami. Did he really just call me that? My eyes are sharp as daggers as I glance at him. "I don't suggest EVER calling me that again. The beast belongs to Domen. She came to Mandira when he visited. I do not sense General Paco though. Those two always seem to be together. I'm trying to get a lock on..." Following the hellcat's descent, the collective signature magnifies, which answers that question. Pointing towards the ground, I begin my descent. Aria would float with me before tending to Samud. The hellcat was his beast and I would not heal the mount without permission. It's rude.

The Emissary would already be speaking to Domen by the moment I arrive, "Paco... help... demon... attacks sooner." Samud collapses over in exhaustion and I notice blood on the side of his robes. My eyes begin to glow as my emotions begin to rise. The hellcat was wounded and Samud was in a condition that I could not easily read. Aria would quickly learn that it was not his blood, but the hellcat's wounds that soaked thru him.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 9:22 pm

Why Are You Doing This?

I would be in the process of attempting to decipher Samud’s cryptic message when the other were in the process of approaching. Aside from the surprise of the fallen hellcat, it would seem that we, here in the happy land of Domenance, had other visitors as well. With my arms folded at my chest, I look up to see two familiar presences; the ‘other’ demons of this realm, though I did not recognize the avian type that was with them. By this time, one of the men would already be en route to the temple to fetch the priestess to heal the hellcat; he had only to wait longer, which wasn’t that bad of an issue seeing as the way I saw it, if he were strong, then he would be fine. Unsure what to make of the man’s words, my attention pulls from him to his master as I welcome speaking to Mukhya and Sanzon at the same time, “do you know of what he speaks?” I held back from things such as greetings and hello that weren’t in my nature; I knew they were here and they knew they were here, so in my mind, that fact had already been established and acknowledged.

205 / 3602
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 9:36 pm

Ignoring the sharp outburst from the other spirit, I would chalk it up as an irritation. Taking my attention forward, i saw the giant critter on the ground. without thinking, my body would move forward behind the others towards the ground. landing next to them, I would watch the entire event unfold before me. There was a bit of concern in their voices as I finally made eye contact with Domen. He sounded slightly frustrated mixed with irritation, but not a sense of worry. He wasn't that type. I had no idea what he was talking about, and instead shook my head while my hands dug into my pockets. A Demon? What could he mean by that..

Tech :
Notes :
Wordz :

Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 6:09 pm

Aria, having aided Samud already, feels my growing tension and emotional flares. She had grown used to them at this point, but they were still of concern to her all the same. "Mukhya..." My eyes remain on my ambassador. Delving into his mind, I remove all outside concern. As I "appear" inside of his thoughts, he is resting in bed. To Samud, this would be a vision of me coming to visit him at his home while he is recovering. His wife leads me in and I stand over the bed next to him. He looks ashamed and turns his head from me. "Samud, you are not a warrior and I would not have you be. Your gift is the ability to convey my thoughts and the Will of Mandira to those you meet. Just as important in my eyes as being a warrior. I need to know what happened. Look at me, Samud." He nods and turns to bring his eyes to meet mine. In "real life" his body would turn to face my direction as my body begins to glow itself.

Back inside of his mind, I watch all of the events unfold and gaining a visual of the demon, I now had my target. He had threatened one of mine and there would be recourse for said transgression. I could tell my presence in his mental mind was causing a strain on him, so I tell him to rest and that I would handle things from here. He obeys and I call for his wife to come and keep him company. This should cause him to have a pleasant dream about her while he sleeps.

Opening my eyes, I broadcast the image to the other spirits here along with a summarized version of what I saw and heard. I turn to Domen and nod to him, "One of my operatives informed me of this attack, which is why I am here now, though it was supposed to occur later. I had hoped to avoid a battle or war between higher orders here, but that is no longer an option with this one. Your General is still there fighting from that last image, but I do not know how long ago that image was. Your general and stronghold, so your lead. How do you want to proceed?"
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 8:53 pm

Why Are You Doing This?

During this time, I observe the lightning tiger to be mute; something I hadn’t believed to be possible given what I knew of his personality. The headshake was enough for me to understand that he did not have the information that I needed. Due to that, my critical gaze shifts to Mukhya for an answer; the Kami seemed to be deep in his, or others, thoughts. I notice his body begin to glow as his servant looked to him; he must have moisturized well and exfoliated. I find myself abruptly answered as Mukhya portrays an image of his servant’s thoughts. I allow these images to play before me within the realm of my consciousness and from there a firm frown takes to my face as I judge the audacity of this unknown demon. The disrespect was the main thing, rather than worry of Paco’s wellbeing. If he lived, he lived, if not, then he was weak. When the question is posed to me how I wished to proceed, my thoughts were among the lines of, ‘I’ll handle this myself.’ Reading into my demeanor, Hakim speaks up, drawing my attention to him as he comments, “Lord, though I know it is my place, perhaps you should allow some of your servants to fight in their lord’s honor. Though I’m sure you could destroy this enemy easily, our army has yet to see a real battle...” I do not reprimand Hakim for his council as his words remind me that the role of a god was not to constantly intervene in the human world; I felt that I had to continually transcend worldly things. With a nod, I confirm, “we shall see this ‘Demon Lord’ in battle and I shall allow my forces to fight against his… but, I shall balance the battle and take his head at the end of this, then submit his men to either serve me or perish.” Turning to Mukhya, I allow, “because the enemy has plenty fodder, you can do as you wish be it avenge your man or stand down.” This would be my version of ‘sharing.’ My sour mood was cooling since the enemy had given me the gift of a reason to kill him while training the humans who served me at the same time.

382 / 3984
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 8:59 pm

It semed to me that this entire thing was over something stupid. What the other demon had in this was something beyond my understanding. what I did understand was that he crossed the wrong demon. I was rather interested in how he would move his troops to war, and how quickly they could assemble. With that in mind, I was curious to see the mass of his force in action. I really had no reason to be here, other than to assist an ally. Even if he didn't believe me to be one, I knew we were not enemies. That was enough for me. I coudl tell he was angry from the tone of his voice. It was weird for me to be quiet for so long, so digging my hands into my pockets, I relaxed and lifted lightly off the ground.

"well, now that everything is settled and we are all making the swift march to war, I figure I'll go ahead and be the appetizer. Wouldn't want your army to take all the fun after our flight down here. That okay with you la'Domen?"

A light smile would come, knowing that I had a few new abilities to go test out in active combat. What better way to do that then down here, where there was little for me to worry about. After all, combat was in his territory this time, not mine. I could go cut loose and relieve some of this stress that had been built up from working on my own society.
Tech :
Notes :
Wordz :

Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 10:44 pm

Knowing that Valkrist too possessed the ability to teleport, I advise him to remain behind with Hakim so that once Domen's army is ready, he could teleport them to within range of the enemy army. With my mind being set for the task of battle, I prepare to send Aria home. She objects thru her quite audible thoughts. Between her and Sanzon doing that, it is liable to drive me mad one of these days. Since I was in no mood to argue with her, I "ask" Lura to look after Samud. I highly doubt to see any objection put forth by the wolf demoness. With everyone set to purpose, I begin to focus on my own. "Aria and I will accompany you. Sanzon, I would advise against going alone, but if you do go, retrieve General Paco and move him to safety. It will not take long for things to be here..." Or so I hope. The militaristic rigidness that Domen exudes at all times symbolizes to me that his army should be assembled and ready to "march" in no time at all. I am curious as to the size of his forces and how he will lead them in this battle. Perhaps, part of my curiosity stems from analyzing how I lead my own forces and the decision to allow Adrian to command them in battle. Sanzon is definitely guilty of extreme pride and vanity in his abilities, but considering that I often enjoy his company b/c of those "flaws" I tell him to stay on his guard and try to learn more about the demon.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 11:08 pm

Why Are You Doing This?

With the others speaking among themselves, I turn to Hakim and give him permission to assemble the Militia of Domenance. With the lack of any one able to teleport, the army would be assumed to travel over land to the destination; this would be where my patience would have to be leveled. Since it was becoming evening, it seemed most logical that we would travel the distance through the evening and night, then attack at morning. There needed to be structures set up for the overnight camps, wagons and beasts to be drawn. This assembling would be a first for Domenance and it would probably help to build the means of operations for future deployment. The fairy forces could easily be dispatched to the area, but the men who had to travel by land would be different. Understanding this, he turns around to the few men behind him, reiterates my orders and then proceeds to begin the necessary procedures and logistics that would need to be put in order to travel a large company of men across a distance to the meeting place. After thinking for a moment and realizing that Sanzon and the others were eager to get there, I devised a plan to get there around the same time as them while being able to allow the men the land journey home. Calling for Hakim again, I order for him to have each member of the fairy army pair up with a member of the human army; the end result would have us ‘taking flight’ into the battle area and proceed from there.

In a few moments, one of the fast runners would be ringing the temple bell to summon the members of the militia and they would be ordered by those following Hakim to convene near the village gates. But while this process would be initiating and going on, I would look back to those who were with me as I listened to Sanzon’s request. I answer, “I do not object as long as you do not touch his army, as they are for my humans, and do not kill him. Other than his death, he is permitted to whatever you allot him. I want him to see me before he dies as a reward for his insolence.”

381 / 4365
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 11:41 pm

Yea, sure, whatever. I would nochalontly ignore the other demon's words. I didn't fly all the way down here for him to tell me I couldnt go into combat. If he wanted to stop me, he could beat me there. Taking a lighter look at it, I knew that by the time we got there, they would open up on us first. They were obviously hostile, and wouldn't take too well of us being there. i had learned a few new little tricks since my last time down here, and that made me more than confident in my ability to handle a little human army. while it might seem like utter arrogance to the others, hiding behind their armies was cowardice, and that was something I would think loudly. waiting on a human army, and using it as an excuse to train sounded to me like the demon was loosing his touch. Last time I fought against him, he was a stern, hard ruler who would fight from the front lines. Maybe I was out of line in even questioning it, but I wanted to make sure that there was nothing in front of me when I got there. After all, we were here for a reason, and that was to assist, not sit by and watch a mere training exercise. We could always sit on the side, even if he did get overrun. Maybe that would change his perspective on things..

"Will do Mukhya. Care to lead the way?"

Tech :
Notes :
Wordz :

Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 12:44 am

This is one of those times that I kinda wished I could not read minds after all. It would prevent me from picking up on Sanzon's thoughts. Thoughts that bring a single thought to the forefront of my mind. Well more an image than a thought and that is him on his knees clutching his head in pain until the proud spirit learned where he stood in the grand pecking order. While that brings a smile to my face, I instead elect to share his feelings with the rest of the class. Well, that's a lie... not everyone. I look over at the demon as Sanzon's thoughts flow thru me to Domen like a conduit of his beloved electricity. The thoughts are both amusing and insulting to me, yet they are also expected. Sanzo obviously wished to get a rile out of me, so I would deny him such a thing and in the process make Domen appear to be more resourceful than he was. It was a win win for me. My gaze turns to the skies for a moment. Sanzo's question brings my attention fully back to him. "You go on ahead. I will help in the preparations here. I'm sure that you can handle a single demon. I am looking forward to watching the armies battle one another." I must admit that I am curious to see how Sanzo does against this unknown aggressor. Perhaps, I should attend. Turning to Domen, I inquire, "How long will your army take to assemble?" Pausing, I realize that no discussions of strategy had been discussed, which would lead me to hope that he has a solid plan for all of this.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 7:28 pm

Why Are You Doing This?

Sanzon’s thoughts permeate my head via Mukhya before his words of affirmation would come and the deepness of my frown intensifies showing my displeasure. I am not completely sure what to make of it at first; I had to assume in that moment that it was in fact Mukhya transferring Sanzon’s thoughts into my mind. I couldn’t be completely sure on this fact, but Mukhya was the only one in our company who had openly exhibited telepathic abilities. I regarded his mental intrusion much along the lines of a verbal one; I didn’t hold fears of having someone speak into my mind or show me something just like I wouldn’t mind someone speaking to me or showing me something physically as long as they were in line. My questioning gaze shifts from Mukhya to Sanzon around the end of his words. I knew Sanzon longer than this Mukhya, so there was a chance he was playing us against one another for some unknown reason; though the thoughts that I held privy to seemed as if they would come from Sanzon. My sword appears to my side as my gaze pierces Sanzon as I resolve to get to the root of the issue ordering, “hold still, Sanzon. Do you dare think of me as a coward?” (Demonic Arts Binding). My resolve would be serious and if my gaze shot through his soul, then he would not have the liberty of controlling his body; though I would give him the chance to speak before being judged.

My question to Sanzon would come first before continuing speech with Mukhya or anyone else. During this, my men would continue to assemble themselves in preparation of the plan I had delegated to Hakim.

288 / 4653

Demonic Arts Binding (Illusion based bind strength = Strong, +Paralysis if odd numbered roll, -9% STA)
Back to top Go down
GameMaster
Intern

Number of posts : 321
Rep! : 3
Registration date : 2010-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 7:28 pm

The member 'aѕceпxion' has done the following action : Roll!

#1 '[ ! Lvl ] Honed' :
Why Are You Doing This? ZETA

--------------------------------

#2 'One Hundred Roll' : 53
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Are You Doing This?   Why Are You Doing This? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why Are You Doing This?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum