Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Causatum of the Light (Mei)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Causatum of the Light (Mei) Empty
PostSubject: Causatum of the Light (Mei)   Causatum of the Light (Mei) EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 7:30 pm

Causatum of the Light (Mei) Asatb_01
Causatum of the Light
During the assumed phone conversation as coaxed by the zealous director of the film that I would be co starring in, Mei would be given the address to come and meet with the person that would be her agent from here on out. A female voice that would take the call would be strict and brief during the vocal interaction and would set up a meeting for the following day around 11 o clock AM. From there, the day would pass and the next scene would unfold in East City.

This portion of East City held much of old downtown with businesses and such contrasting the residential areas of which part of it was comprised. The building of interest, which would be addressed on the contact information forwarded to Mei, would be a three story building set between two larger buildings and the sign on the building read, “Syndelios Entertainment.” There would be a black luxury sedan parked in front alongside the sideway preceding the building with the logo of the organization on the back of it.

Across the faux marble floor of the richly decorated lobby was placed a large half moon shaped receptionist’s desk, which behind it sat a perky young blonde who was currently busy chatting away into the mic of her headset. From the sound of the conversation, she was talking to a friend during downtime in the office. On either side of the half moon desk sat two large fichus trees, much like you would see in any standard office. The waiting area is set off to the right, the large plasma screen commands the left side as it runs a promotional ad for the company on a continuous loop. Plush leather in dark brown covers the couch and chairs arranged around the center mahogany and glass table to make up the waiting area. The far wall holds an opaque glass door that apparently leads back to the office area. The door is partially obstructed by the fichus at the angle seen from the entrance.

As for myself, I would be in the interior of the building, sitting in the lobby area while reading a text on my phone from Izuya and offhandedly listening to the conversation of the receptionist. I had been called down here earlier to meet the new person whom my current film-sensei would taking in. It was a bit of a shock, since I figured I was the only actor on contract with them. My gaze shifts up for a moment to the large glass double doors as I wondered what the new girl would look like.

436 / 436
Causatum of the Light (Mei) Asatb_03
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female
Number of posts : 974
Rep! : 26
Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Causatum of the Light (Mei)   Causatum of the Light (Mei) EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 1:13 am

Causatum of the Light (Mei) Box2_1
Within the confines of a silver convertible rested Mei, who had just arrived at the designation. The car would decelerate and would find refuge within a proper parking space. Once coming to a stop there is a bit of a delay before she'd actually get out. The sunroof was up because she didn't intend on 'converting' it unless the weather was very hot. Notably she was glaring at most living things that happened to pass her gaze's trajectory, but inwardly she was happy. This could be partially deciphered when strangers she did not know passed and she was not burdened by their heed. She began to thoroughly mess with her hair for some reason and used specific accessories. All that was apparent on her outfit was a seemingly decorative white belt and one of those black suits you'd see FBI agents casually dressing in their offices. Her dress was appropriate and did imply her purposes here was significant. Exiting the car her route would lead her inside.

“Alright, here it is.” Mei announces to herself as she looks at the contact information she'd written down on a yellow square of sticky note. Inhaling deeply and exhaling, she feels as though her nervousness was pushed out with her momentary relaxation method. Her pace leads her to the doors which she prompts open and enters, her silk-esque strands of white hair cascading like billowing curtains. Her attention inadvertently scans the area with her notably brown eyes. They were the same pigmentation as the contacts she had worn prior, miraculously enough. Upon entering the lobby her feet would nimbly carry her towards the desk after a brief period of search. Though when she arrived she seen that the receptionist was occupied with conversation. Though Mei wasn't entirely sure of what to do given that, she would simply await for the conversation to ease to a cease. When she looked aruond she noticed that she wasn't the only one here in the lobby. Her eyes flutter in stout blinks as she dedicates a few seconds to looking at the teal haired male. Realizing she was obviously staring, she shook her head as though coming to her senses, redirecting her attention ahead of her.
Causatum of the Light (Mei) Words 370
Causatum of the Light (Mei) Box2_3
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Causatum of the Light (Mei)   Causatum of the Light (Mei) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 12:21 am

Causatum of the Light
My gaze was slightly lingering on the door in my thoughts of what the new girl would look like when I find my vision stirred by the movement of the doors when they part from one another, welcoming the entrance of the new entity in question. With that, I find the universe answering the formerly posed question as the ivory haired young lady proceeds through the building’s threshold and continues in her walk to enter into the reception area of the building. My gaze follows her on her approach to the receptionist desk as I make my mental notes of her before a buzzing in my hand returns my attention to the phone that I was currently in the process of texting with. The question from Izuya progresses from his normal inane ones, that normally ranged from odd pictures of him with questions like ‘do these jeans make my butt look big’ to teasing remarks like ‘I think your super hero outfit should be pink,’ to inquiring if I was free to accompany him into a negotiation of some type later on in the week. Turning the phone to the side, I begin to text back my response.

The receptionist notes Mei’s arrival through the door that signals for her to swiftly put an end to her own personal conversation. Though a bit on the ‘bimbo’ side of the scale she did understand simple commands hailing from the higher ups that would allow her to portray a level of pseudo professionalism. Her bubbly personality is immediately noticeable after she whispers to her friend that she would call her back. With a large welcoming smile and a swift glance to the sticky note on her monitor, the receptionist greets, “Hi! You must be Mei. I’m Michelle; welcome to Syndelios Entertainment and Talent Agency. I’ll let Ms. Jane know that you’re here. Would you like some water or something while you wait?”

320 / 756
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Causatum of the Light (Mei)   Causatum of the Light (Mei) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 6:34 pm

“No thanks.” Mei declines the offer of possible beverages politely but somewhat tactlessly in certain aspects. Though, Mei often denies offers out of courtesy. Coincidentally similar action as that boy over there is taken as her own phone would buzz in her pocket; she'd set it to vibe prior to prevent it from blaring whatever her ringtone was set to. Withdrawing the device her eyes begin to peer at it with a standard glare as though she were inwardly asking to herself who had decidedly texted her at this point. It was Sakuya and she briefly skims the text to confirm whether or not she deemed it significant enough to respond to. Apparently it was not as she deposited it back into the confines of her pocket. Looking around her locality she looks as though she had developed a query judging by her apathetically curious expression. “Is there a waiting area around?” Mei asks. Of course she thought she seen one and only posed the question to verify to herself whether or not she was keen enough to have identified it as a waiting area.
Causatum of the Light (Mei) Words 188
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Causatum of the Light (Mei)   Causatum of the Light (Mei) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 8:10 pm

Causatum of the Light
“Oh… okay!” The secretary rebounds as she receives the rejection. “I’ll alert Ms. Jane,” she assures while looking down and reaching for the phone in front of her to dial an extension, “one moment.” The ear piece would still be in place from her previous conversation and seemed almost like it were a permanent structure during business hours. She would busy herself with contacting the talent agent during the time Mei would handle her texting situation and quieting of her phone. When the question of the waiting area comes into play, the young blonde looks up and points towards the area where I was sitting on a white leather sofa on top of a contemporary rug with a love seat adjacent to it and a glass coffee table in the middle with various glamour, fashion and celebrity magazines situated on top of it. “You can wait over there with Seiki if you like,” she says before her attention returns to the phone that was at her ear. Looking distractedly down and kind of towards her monitor, she would inform, “Ms. Jane, Mei has arrive to meet with you… Okay… I understand, I will let her know.” The conversation is ended there and the secretary assures with a kind smile, “she will be with you in just a moment. She’s just finishing up something right now; it shouldn’t take more than a minute or two.”

Finishing up my response, I would confirm that I would be able to go with him since I didn’t have anything planned for later that day. With that, I close up my phone and look back up, catching another glimpse of the new girl. She looked familiar, though not too sociable. I felt like if I said hi, I might get ignored. If our gazes were to meet with one another, I would lift a hand and greet, “Hey.” If not, my gaze would lower and return to my phone. I, too, was waiting on Ms. Jane since the thing she was finishing up was me-oriented.

340 / 1096
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Causatum of the Light (Mei)   Causatum of the Light (Mei) EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 12:54 am

Mei's attention pans over to the area gestured to. Recognition of its existence had taken place prior but its purpose originally hadn't been known to her. Her eyes take in the general nice look of the area though she'd specifically, once again, note the one whose name was Seiki's presence. Her gaze did appear a little bit more broad and less of an apathetic stare than before peculiarly, but it diminishes as her heed digresses. “Oh, alright.” Her ears would be lent to the bubbly receptionist while warranting affirmative nods. “Thank you.” She concludes in appreciation and comes to a turn. Her focus is upon the waiting area and she stands still momentarily before taking a linear route towards respective seating. Decidedly she would seat herself in the love seat. “Hey.” She returns to the greeting. Him having addressed her causes her to adhere attention on him almost awkwardly since afterwards... she didn't really say anything else. Her phone vibrates in her pocket again and she scowls visually. It was Sakuya again complaining about how grotesque the quality of the home's bathroom was. The previous text was something about lacking ingredients and how Mei should acquire them for her. Henceforth the origin of her irked expression. Flipping the phone open she begins to deliver a text. Her eyes are that of an eagle as they sharply, and weirdly, remain on the teal haired one known as Seiki, as though she had some sort of expectations. Mei did apparently have good handling on the phone despite not looking directly at it.
Causatum of the Light (Mei) Words 263
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Causatum of the Light (Mei)   Causatum of the Light (Mei) EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 8:42 pm

Causatum of the Light
After the ‘hey’ was issued, I felt like something else should probably be said. I found myself caught in an awkward moment where the length of time in the pause was not enough to fully get out a secondary response, but long enough to warrant one. Stuck somewhat agape, her phone vibrates and the scene moves on as she scowls. Such a facial feature would be my mark to probably not stare at her. My gaze begins to lower as if to look away, but after noticing the stare on my personage, I pursue the path of conversation. Since it might seem too weird, formal or forward to stand and introduce myself, I simply attempt to hold a casual visage as I continue, “So you’re the new girl. It’s nice to meet you, I’m Seiki. I feel like I’ve seen you around somewhere before.” My phone buzzes and I ignore it, knowing it was just Izuya. I continue, “I hear Ms. Jane’s going to be your first agent though?” I wondered how someone like her and Jane would get along. It was a rough transition for me, but it was probably due to opposing personality types; it seemed like these two would get along fine.

205 / 1301
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Causatum of the Light (Mei)   Causatum of the Light (Mei) EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 10:27 pm

Causatum of the Light (Mei) Box3Header
A smile, odd at first, almost like she was struggling to keep it on her face. Her contentment, not very persuasive, but sufficient, would enable her so. The best she could do was not gallant; left upon her face had been some smirk hybrid that she inwardly scoffed at herself about. She'd have to work on that.

She replied:

“I'm Mei. From what I understand she's going to be my first agent. I don't live too far away from here. There aren't too many areas that I haven't prowled.”

Peculiar choice of wording, but nothing visually was notable about her. Sincerity seems to be present with the entirety of her response. Casual but not incredibly tactful. Lazily and nonchalantly her body idles like an anchored boat when she sinks into a more rested position into the loveseat. Her eye contact strays back to her fingers that were tapping away at the keys of her texting keyboard. Then she closes it up dismissively once she sent the message.

She questions:

“So you're Seiki. You sorta look like the guy I seen on cam when I was talking to the Director. Ms. Jane – does she bite?”
Causatum of the Light (Mei) Words 197
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Causatum of the Light (Mei)   Causatum of the Light (Mei) EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 3:45 pm

Causatum of the Light
Though a pleasant front is given, I fail at reading her, which wasn’t that much of a surprise for someone like me. Still, I was gladdened that she spoke back and put on a positive visage. I nod slightly after her first set of words and look towards the phone as her attention is momentarily diverted to it before they return to her face when she continues. I make the mental connection that I had seen her at the recent movie and that must’ve lead her here. After thinking about it, though she was dressed differently then, I could recognize her from the scene she was in; to my opinion, she had done a pretty good job with it for someone who wasn’t signed. It made a little bit of sense that she would be here after being in that and talking to the director. When the pendulum of conversation was shifted back to me, comment, “ah, you’re from that time” before continuing modestly, “Yeah, the director had me running around a lot that day. I’m just lucky that I have enough stamina to keep up with his demands; he’s a good director though. I liked working under him.” Moving quickly to transition into answering her question, I speak, “Ms. Jane is pretty strict.” I look down and rub the back of my neck as I admit, “Heh, she probably does bite…” My sentence was ended there, but there is movement approaching the glass doors set upon the far wall that lead into the back offices. The doors open to reveal the entity that both Mei and I would be waiting on.

She would enter into this section of the building through the glass double doors, proceed past the reception desk with a passing cold glance, and continue to the threshold of the waiting area where her eyes would first shift to me before moving to rest upon her newest mold of clay. Visually, she would be in a burgundy business suit with gold hair flowing past her shoulders and noticeable injuries of uncertain origin on the right side of her face and about her neck. With a hand firmly planted on her hip and lips pursed in critical observation, the older woman's gaze travels up and down the length of the newcomer. Stepping closer her heels click sharply on the tiled floor she beckons Mei forth or would wait for her to stand or react on her own as she comments, “Hmm… he did say you were doll like. It’s workable; I suppose I could make this work to our advantage. The market’s already saturated by well endowed beauties in any case.” She declares forth, "You won't become famous overnight. Are you willing to put in the long hours and hard work it takes to break in to this business?"

Standing by and watching, these were nostalgic words for me.

482 / 1783
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Causatum of the Light (Mei)   Causatum of the Light (Mei) EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 5:05 pm

Causatum of the Light (Mei) Theme ---
His words appear to be fodder for her curious mind. Though she only demonstrates this with an affirmative nod. Her eyes pry the sound of movement from nearby. Then she looks, her eyes empty still; like holes poked into a snowbank. Mei's posture would neaten and she hopes that who it was would be her agent.

Her hopes did not go unanswered.

Mei's mind was clogged. Externally she didn’t show it, no, her reserved demeanour allowed it not. The visuals mingle with her expectancy, the cold atmosphere, the apparent injures, she did not. Her tongue is held in awe by the presence frigid enough to topple her own with comparative ease.

She rises to her feet, standing erect like a pencil though nothing in comparison to a soldier. The first thing she noticed was the woman’s words were methodical and critical. Having not been on the opposing end until now is foreign and is a bit of a rude awakening for her. Peculiarly her lips curl into a smile. Mei seems to enjoy the clean cut straight to business.

She confirms:

“You have my word, you will have the entirety of my efforts. Please be assured that there won't be a time that I display slack.”
Causatum of the Light (Mei) Words 207
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Causatum of the Light (Mei)   Causatum of the Light (Mei) EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 5:53 pm

Causatum of the Light
The response seems to be acceptable to the agent as she allows the answer to linger for a moment before nodding, “You come to the back with me.” Turning her gaze to me, she orders, “Straighten up and stop slouching like that. You’re posture is part of your worth.” With the words, my body moves as instructed as I inquire, “Ms. Hathaway, about that thing you needed to see me for…?” The agent asks very concisely, “do you have something to do today? Are you in a hurry?” I answer back, “a few things later, but no… no hurry?” He nods, “good.” There is no indication, but I am under the assumption that I would be waiting longer. Jane’s hand lower from her hips and she turns to the young lady and motions for her to follow. Walking with a sense of purpose in her strides, Jane briskly proceeds in the direction from which she had come, past the receptionist’s desk and to the glass doors of the far wall. She opens the door and walks through first as she speaks, “We haven’t been introduced. You may call me Ms. Hathaway. From here on, I will oversee your professional media career. Reading scripts won't become a task for some time, unless you have trouble remembering and delivering no more than a few lines of dialogue.” After passing through the glass doors, they would be entering into a brightly light hallway with doors on either side and a main door at the end of the hall. She continues, “I’m glad you’re prepared for this. I’m going to see about getting you signed up for the basics first. You will begin with open auditions for commercials and work as an extra. I will work to arrange closed auditions for parts I think you can handle, but that won't come until I can get a feel for what kind of woman you can be. I am getting a little ahead of myself here, the first step is headshots. You do have headshots, don't you?"

341 / 2124
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Causatum of the Light (Mei)   Causatum of the Light (Mei) EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 7:05 pm

As she is told to follow she seems a little surprised at how quick things were beginning to come together. She began to follow along adjacent to whom instructed her to do so. Surprisingly Mei looks back and elevates her hand in a little wave, a farewell to Seiki. Continuing to follow along and making sure she wasn't lagging behind, she makes affirmative gestures in response to the woman's statements.

Mei wouldn't speak until she had concluded out of respect. Then she'd respond:

“I do. Right here, actually.”

Her hand plunges into her purse. Holstered within it notably had been one of those folders that could easily be opened but were less secure; such didn't matter a whole lot since it was in her bag anyway. Her fingers dexterously slip out the photo. She knew that if she wanted a sliver of hope as an actor she would have to have this. The picture's dimension was respective to what was usually asked of. Monochrome as generally asked. The picture did not appear to be gussied but she herself definitely looked to have put on a luxurous smile for the taking.

She elaborates:

“Here it is. I've heard rumors about how heavily 'decorated' pictures aren't favoured. I hope this is sufficient.”
Causatum of the Light (Mei) Words 214
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Causatum of the Light (Mei)   Causatum of the Light (Mei) EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 8:28 pm

Causatum of the Light
I watch as the two move along their merry way, but notice the farewell wave from the young lady. I wondered if I had misread her when I first looked her over. She seemed nice enough, though her face didn’t always indicate she was happy. I wondered if perhaps she had gas or something; I knew that when I had to poop, it could often be told on my visage, or so I thought. Since the word ‘thought’ was variable with me, I retreat anymore onto the subject as I give a light sigh and return to the previously ventured activity of receiving and sending texts.

--

“Thank god you’re at least this competent,” comes the remark from the business woman at the affirmation that the potential client had done a bit of footwork before having come in. The comment was more towards herself than the young lady in her presence, but was audible for both. This revelation also set the next destination in the procession through the building and sped up the process considerably. A well manicured hand reaches out to take the picture as it was offered to her, and holding it at its edges, the manager looks over it well a critical eye as the young lady provides elaboration in the background. “Hmm…” comes the affirmation and “good” comes the fleeting praise to the deductive reasoning of the young lady. She compounds, “ordinary is in; it is important that it looks like you and not gussied up. No more makeup than you can apply on your own and nothing in the picture must take away from your face. Yes, this will save us some time.” The picture is confiscated for the time being as a swift turn is made and steps proceed towards the end of the hall. Just before reaching the final door, Jane turns and pushes open a glass door with her name on a silver slate elevated at face height. Moving into the office, she proceeds behind a contemporary desk with a chair available for seating in front of her. The look of the office interior is simple yet professional and Jane seems to be very comfortable and at home with taking her seat and offering a seat to the young lady. She continues as she settles into her desk then lifts one leg over the other, “When you meet with an agent, you should have preferred at least 3 pictures and your resume.” She shows no sympathy to the idea that she knew this was Mei’s first time doing something like this. She places the current picture on the desk directly, sliding it a few inches into place with her index finger and continues, “You should also have at least 2 contrasting monologues or a reel. If you do not have any of these, a cold reading can be set up.” She finally inquires, “Do you have these things?”

490 / 2614
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Causatum of the Light (Mei)   Causatum of the Light (Mei) EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 8:57 pm

Suspense dug into her like a knife when she waited for the response. She appeared relieved when she was responded to . At least she'd gotten it right that she was supposed to demonstrate her appearance in the picture, and not with any heavy things that would make the photo more viable to being 'gussied'.

Mei proceeds into the room as they enter. Her attention briefly monitors her vicinity. She seems to be impressed by the professional atmosphere the room had. When offered seating Mei receptively sits down into the chair; when she remembers the opinion of posture from before she makes sure her own was coherent. Coherent as in not stupid enough to sit slouched. Contrary to her intention she is caught off-guard by the prerequisites.

Then she admits:

“I don't necessarily have those things.”

She shakes her head light to signify that she was solemn about her mistake. Though she seems a little surprised that she'd missed those things. She could only brace herself mentally; she didn't know how critical the woman may get about this.

“I'm sorry, I wasn't aware of those prerequisites until now.”
Causatum of the Light (Mei) Words 19o
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Causatum of the Light (Mei)   Causatum of the Light (Mei) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 4:23 pm

Causatum of the Light
The issue seems to be a trifling matter, nothing greater than a speed bump to a monster truck, as things progress. As if expecting that answer, Jane continues briskly, “of course, you’re not an actress, yet. These things will be ingrained in you, so make sure to prepare those materials as soon as you leave here. Aside from your preparations into this business, what we must also do is measure your potential. I will have you do a cold read after I have a more defined feel for you.” Leaning back, she allows the head shot picture of Mei to stay where it was for now. Her right hand shifts to the side and plucks up her smart phone that had been sitting on her desk as she glances at it and looks through something. Her words continue as if stating facts, “as a potential actress, you will be prepared for an interview. Even if you are my client, you will be professional; it’s not very likely that you will be with one agent forever. Listen well. Answer the following basic questions: What do you think your type is? Where do you see your career going? What do you expect from your agent? Who have you worked with and who do you know?” The phone is set down abruptly and full attention is given to Mei as Jane leans forwards slightly.

--

Still in the waiting room, I shift lightly and give a bored sigh. I wondered if I could change the channel on the large screen that was broad casting advertisements. I murmur, “I wonder if this place even has cable…”

272 / 2886
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Causatum of the Light (Mei)   Causatum of the Light (Mei) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 5:51 pm

Mei makes understanding gestures as she listens to the woman speak. When the girl is done she would give a conclusive nod. “When you ask about type and the career, my biggest goal would be to be on either a show or in a movie. I'm not sure which the part I was an extra for was, but I felt as though I have an innate interest.” She puts her hands onto the desk before her. Her voice finds comfort as she continues to talk more about the things relevant to these queries. It was as though she finally discarded the veil of sheepishness. “Of course, any part in a broadcasting like that available I would be glad to take.”

She continues, smiling lightly and with calm confidence.

“Even though I'm not sure how I can see it escalating to exceptional heights.”

There is a moment of contemplation. “I hope the agent can help secure that path. But yeah, the only time that I actually worked with someone is when I acted as an extra for the Director. Can't tell if that'd be something to note but that's all I can recall playing as something in.”

Then she falls silent. It was good that Sakuya hadn't texted anymore. It was probably because Mei told her in her latest message that she was currently busy and thus the lack of interruption.
Causatum of the Light (Mei) Words 234
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Causatum of the Light (Mei)   Causatum of the Light (Mei) EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 11:44 pm

Causatum of the Light
Jane nods at the completion of Mei’s words and dictates, “right now you may find yourself comfortable. If you become successful, the manner that you become successful in is where you’ll be typecast. It’s good to be clear in the beginning on what types of roles you see yourself playing. When you speak on the direction of your career, you will need to develop short term and long term goals. For now, if I am your agent, I will set those for you, since I know best, but that is something you will want to develop over time so that you know clearly what the next stage in your career is and when you want to have it obtained by. Monitoring your work and progression towards these goals will become vital. As for what you expect from an agent, your answer lets me know if we’ll work well together. You’re too vague and fluffy right now, so you will work on gaining a clearer picture of what you want as your career progresses. Always be straightforward with me, because what you tell me affects the setting your course for the time, though understand that some things will be out of your control. Working with the director was good experience, but because of your lack of experience I am going to schedule you to attend actor workshops in your free time away from here. This industry requires a lot for you, so be prepared for it to take over your life. You won’t be the same person you were yesterday.” After saying a lot, Jane relaxes a bit and leans back, looking interestedly at the girl before her. She speaks, “let’s continue and get you into a reading. Do you have any questions thus far?”

--

“God…” I sigh lightly as I reverted to playing Tetris on my phone between texts. I knew that if she was doing Mei’s interview, that this process would take all day. I ran the thought of trying to having the receptionist call me when Jane was done; since I could teleport, it would be like me standing outside to smoke. Still, I didn’t want to hear anything about not being available when she was ready. With another exhausted sigh, my body turns and I lean back on the sofa that I was sitting on, laying horizontally on it while holding my phone up and in front of my face.

404 / 3290
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Causatum of the Light (Mei)   Causatum of the Light (Mei) EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 12:00 am

Mei gives little gestures of understanding as she continues to talk to her. What she'd asked of her agent was a little vague and she was fairly wary of this; she wouldn't admit it but she'd found that question far more intricate than it may have intended to be. When the woman talks about it taking over her life she seems to be a little surprised. Apparently it hadn't been something she thought of until now but she seems to adapt to the notion quickly. There couldn't be any reluctance with this. After all ever since days when she was younger she had but two actual interests. One of them obviously had to be acting seeing where she was now. Inwardly she runs in her mind some of the things she might have to give up once her new life began.

“Oh, no. What questions my tongue may have held you've already answered.”

Her words are sincere. Though Mei never was a one to ask questions for the longest time. She was one of the people who didn't make queries when they may internally have them; she didn't look burdened though, so she had none on her mind. She keeps her hands on her lap and looks steadily towards her agent. As the conversation is prolonged her eyes glimmer with interest.
Causatum of the Light (Mei) Words 222
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Causatum of the Light (Mei)   Causatum of the Light (Mei) EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 12:26 am

Causatum of the Light
“Good,” comes the concise praise for being able to understand things thus far. From the way Mei held her demeanor and spoke, it seemed inevitable that Jane would be able to work well with her. The agent’s head tilts and her gaze shifts down to drawers to the side of her desk and proceedings in fingering through various files therein. He continues, “A cold read is reading a script you’ve never practiced on the spot. How well you cold read dictates how well you will succeed in the acting business.” He pulls up a file and opens it, looking through it as she continues, “it’s important when you look up when you want to communicate to your audience or to make a point. Your actions, gestures and facial expressions will be reviewed during this. Keep your intention strong whether you eyes will be on the page or not. Don’t try to memorize lines.” Pulling out a piece of paper, she lays down the folder with one hand while handing over the paper with the other, “you should be able to cold read any scenario.” After finding a roll that she assumed may be difficult for Mei to read, she explains, “the script is for cat litter. You’re a bubbly and excited cat lover who is giving a personal endorsement of Happy Kitty Antifungal Litter. Your cat is assumed to be dressed up like a ninja. Let me see what you’ve got; make me want it.” She would clapse her hands together in front of her chest and await the results; she was curious to see if Mei could deviate from what seemed to be her niche personality from observations thus far.

281 / 3571
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Causatum of the Light (Mei)   Causatum of the Light (Mei) EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 1:31 am

Mei continues to listen to her agent speak of the things to consider and prioritize while cold reading. She continues to nod and the like though this decelerates gradually once the script she would be doing actually is explained. Her face seems to pale a little this time as her attention looms over the script. Her lips looked to be parted as if she was going to say something but nothing came out, at first.

“O-Okay.”

The fact this was a coincidence hits her in the face like a hammer as soon as the word kitty was mentioned. From 'past experience' she did know how to act like a cat. Would that dictate her ability to act like a cat lover? She swallows her nervousness gingerly before clearing her throat. The script she had to read seemed to be as she described; though judging from the context she appeared to be cold reading the part that had relevance to talking to the ninja cat.

“Speaking of which, performances in commercials does interest me as well, by the way.”

She decides to say. The thought looked to have just hit her now. She would seize hold of the paper and slowly retract it towards herself. She had to confirm that she was comfortable in the commercial industry if she wanted part in it; for all she knew the first advertisement she'd do could be relevant to this type of product. It didn't mean that she did not feel immensely stupid reading this. Then... she reads it. The suspense is abnormal.

“Mittens! Where are you? Oh! There's no need to pick up that katana, Mittens. I've got something for you that you'll just love!”

She would chirp. She brings her arm diagonally across her torso to act as though she was merry about this. She looked back at the script only about once but used how she wasn't directly speaking to the audience as of yet as an advantage to not have to make visual contact with her observer as of yet. It was hard since this contrasted her personality. It was also hard because she never read it before. It was hard because it was leaving a bad taste in her mouth, but she fought on. It wasn't the cat but the litter theme that seemed to bite at her.

“I bought Happy Kitty Antifungal Litter for you. Put down that butterfly knife Mittens, don't worry, because this is proved to be twice as good than the other brands, nya!”

When she tried to raise her voice to sound as bubbly as possible it sounded a little bit like someone who may be afraid to raise their voice because their parents were home. When speaking generally though her chirp itself seemed to be pretty natural. It was also the first time she cheerfully said 'nya'.

“Tired of your cat being down because of pesky fungal growth? Then Happy Kitty Antifungal Litter is for you. Because what's the point of your cat having nine sad lives? Purchase neow!”

The 'neow' actually wasn't included in the script. It was just written like a normal 'now'. It seemed like she'd positively slipped up on that part. All the talk about cats was beginning to make her idiosyncrasies a little bit different. She looks curious but at least slightly embarrassed. What personality she had been asked to play was distant from antisocial.

“How did I do?”
Causatum of the Light (Mei) Words 577
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Causatum of the Light (Mei)   Causatum of the Light (Mei) EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 3:00 pm

Causatum of the Light
Jane would give her the time she needed to get acclimated to the script before her, but the young lady would have her full attention. The mental note is taken that one of her short term goals was to get into the commercial circuits, which were good and well. The performance is rendered and Jane finds herself impressed and caught off guard. In her mind, she praises Mei, but she would not make the mistake of pumping up the young actresses head at so early on in the game. The addition to the end is noted as well, a dangerous thing that could turn out either good or bad, depending on how anal the director of the commercial was. With a thoughtful nod, Jane lifts her finger to the side of her face and taps her cheek lightly with a nod as she comments, “not bad. You can do a sufficient cold read.” Jane wasn’t the type to respond to an attitude shift like that, since it was the norm among actors. She continues, “now that I’m relieved on that issue, aside from the workshops you will have to do on your own, I will also offer you the honor of working as my intern. This way you can escalate your training in a way most actresses do not get to do.” This decision was brought across by the recognition of the young lady’s potential. Jane inquires, “what is your daily schedule like?”

--

“So bored…” I sigh lightly as I continue to play a game on my phone. My initial interview had taken much of the day. I didn’t really do good on it, which is probably why it took so long, and I wasn’t prepared, but I didn’t know what the chances were that the new girl would do better than I did. My mind was partially on it while I reclined on the sofa on my back looking up into my phone.

325 / 3896
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Causatum of the Light (Mei)   Causatum of the Light (Mei) EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 1:23 am

Mei seems a little surprised that'd she done, at least, not bad on her cold read. What was tacked onto the end wasn't particularly necessity and albeit her slip up may have complimented it or completely ruined it to the same degree . . . She was conscious about her inadvertent decision. Her eyes remain moderately thoughtful. She bushes some white locks of hair that were shielding view of one of her seemingly auburn eyes.

She contemplates her answer briefly. She knows that her schedule was generally busy because of things that did not have relevance to a job. That was a factor she would have to consider. A few previous events made it difficult to answer. Her words meet resistance, reluctance, and crawl through it like ants through a solid bar of soap.

“It's not bad. I'm. . . willing to give up things I do in my free time for this. I don't have a job so it's manageable.”

She wonders if the extra practice would take place late in night. It was a good thing she was insomniac for a few reasons. Though she only thought of it being beneficial until now. To the other offering she responds with escalated eagerness. Mei enjoys the idea of rapid elevation of her experience with acting. Her eyes widen a little to express her anemic surprise.

“That. . . it would be an honour. The specifics of my schedule. . a lot of free time. Since I'm currently unemployed after I get out of bed the day mundanely consists of my hobbies.”
Causatum of the Light (Mei) Words 264
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Causatum of the Light (Mei)   Causatum of the Light (Mei) EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 9:46 pm

Causatum of the Light
With a strict nod, the woman accepts Mei’s words and it would seem that the issue was settled. Thus would begin a new stage in Mei’s life. Now that those things were over with, they would move into the next portion of the interview where Jane would ask, “now that I’ve had you cold read and asked you questions, do you have any questions for me? Remember for the future, that interviews with agents are not job interviews. Acting agencies need actors to make a living. If you sign with another agent in the future, that agent will be working with for you.” With that, the ball would be in Mei’s court if there was anything that she was wondering about this opportunity or interview up until now.”

128 / 4024
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Causatum of the Light (Mei)   Causatum of the Light (Mei) EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 1:10 am

Mei was content. All of these things she were receiving really convinced her that she was on a rollercoaster of miracles. Maybe it was how many times she'd victoriously escaped with her life from situations or more positive things like her acting internships and consistent 'presents'. If not she would probably be a lot more pessimistic right now. Her smile proves to be tranquil. Whilst it is simply content and not extraordinarily, uncharacteristically happy, it certainly demonstrates that somewhere in her antisocial demeanour she did have a heart.

“I'm curious, actually. Sometimes I wear contacts because I have this problem with my left eye, visually. If you have a bodily related issue, when you're an actress, will things like contacts be assigned so they look like whatever is demanded?”

She knows just what she is asking. She wanted to know if her peculiar looking eye that was currently hidden by contacts would be acceptable as long as if she wore contacts during her parts so it couldn't be seen. Obviously she hoped that she could brush the eye issue off as a medical problem instead of being interrogated about it. Mei was comparatively honest and didn't want to have to bend and ease around the truth. Then again, the world is filled with lies, anyway. She thinks cynically to herself.
Causatum of the Light (Mei) Words 221
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Causatum of the Light (Mei)   Causatum of the Light (Mei) EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 6:03 pm

Causatum of the Light
Jane’s gaze is on the young lady as she speaks her question and thinks on the question during the time span that it was asked over. It was a different question that what she was expecting, but still an honest one that showed she wasn’t simply fishing for things to ask so that it didn’t seem like she didn’t have questions. With a nod, she answers, “Something like that would be handled per basis depending on the director. If you have a physical condition that is something minor, then normally if your acting skill is exemplary, concessions can be made. With the amount of CGI and rendering that can be done, facial imperfections can be easily fixed in production. It’s not something to worry over.” After answering the question, Jane asks, “any other concerns” while fishing items out of her drawers. As an aside, she comments while her other hand takes a pen to the side, “I’m going to need a copy of your ID card.” The forms from her desk come to rest on top of it facing Mei, on page at a time as Jane looked over them and made any adjustments or write-ins that were necessary. It was a normal contract set up for Mei’s employment under her. Jane would assume Mei that she could read over the contract; there wasn’t anything particularly binding other than an initial trial period of 1 year after a three month evaluation. When she was ready, she could ask questions about the contract, sign, or ask for more time.

--

Up to this point, I had made it to level 6 in the Tetris game that I had been playing on my phone. I had made myself pretty much as home in the lobby area being delightfully ignored by the receptionist who had picked her conversation back up with the person she was on the phone with earlier. I had come to the conclusion that after the game was over, I would head somewhere to get something to eat and then come back for my appointment; it wasn’t like I would be late seeing that I had originally come early.

359 / 4383
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Causatum of the Light (Mei)   Causatum of the Light (Mei) EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 9:44 pm

Mei shakes her head after it is explained to her that even minor things that visually were considered minor could be essentially patched up. She seems to be relieved. Though it wasn't a mutation; is was actually hereditary. She hopes that if anyone were to come to see it they wouldn't do something unfavourable. Though she can envision herself ending up as a lab experiment for it instead of thinking that perhaps they wouldn’t care.

She eyes the forms before her. Quickly she begins to fish out from her bag what looked to be her ID Card, a copy of it mayhaps, visually it appeared to be what was asked for. Holding it between her index finger and thumb she glides it gradually across the table to present it to Jane.

“Here it is.”

She looks at the form and inspects the context with an inquisitive eye.

“If I do good, will I be permitted more time in the future?”

Mei notes its duration given if it was listed on the contract. It was a good amount of time already but she'd seemed to have taken profound interests in this newfound lifestyle. As much as she tried to avoid it seemed like she'd been smothered by her own humane emotion once again.
Causatum of the Light (Mei) Words 214
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Causatum of the Light (Mei)   Causatum of the Light (Mei) EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 10:29 pm

Causatum of the Light
After the forms are placed on the table and her hands are free, Jane would press a button on the intercom to the side of her, on her desk, and inquire, “Tillie, send in Seiki-kun.” The voice of the blond at the receptionist counter answers back, “yes, Ms. Hathaway.” Having over heard myself being summoned, I lean up in the sofa and murmur, “it’s about time.” Still, the secretary makes sure to make eye contact with me as me motions to the back, for me to go, while still on the other line with her friend. Standing up, I stretch slightly before making my way towards the door that would lead to the hall containing Jane’s office. Returning her attention back to Mei, Jane would take the ID card and sit it to the side while answering, “if it’s profitable for us both, then yes.” Jane’s eyes lifts up to the door as I knock twice and then walk in, looking to the girl, the contract and then to Jane. As my eyes reach Jane, I see her handing a card to me, speaking, “take this to Tillie and have her copy it for Mei’s records.” I pause for a moment, kind of stuck in disbelief as it seemed like I took on a secretarial role all of a sudden. With a blank expression, the card was already in my hand as I wordlessly frown and turn around to perform the function. After the door was closed, I mumble, “oh no she didn’t… she’s -my- agent…” Inside, Jane sighs, “it’s not like he was being productive.” Returning her attention to Mei and ignoring the recent male interaction, she continues, “I will also make copies for your records as well.”

289 / 4672
Back to top Go down
Blue
Veteran
Blue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Causatum of the Light (Mei)   Causatum of the Light (Mei) EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 12:05 am

She seems to be surprised when she hears that Seiki, the one who she'd just met recently, would be entering the room. She seems to want to look back and ease her curiosity but she keeps attentive and continues looking forward. When Jane's answer comes along to her respectively she seems to smile a little. It isn't decipherable whether or not her confidence was tied into that look but she seems to be assured that her time, even as an extra, would be worth it. Mei nimbly moves her head to flick some strands of hair out from in front of her eyes. When she hears the knock she can no longer remain attentive and looks back at the source of the blunt noise.

Mei looks down at her hands peculiarly for a few moments, simply eluding eye contact for a few seconds. There was no visible reason as to why, which was what had made it odd. When Jane's demands come along she looks towards Seiki and seems to smirk as though she were enjoying that he'd been burdened with the task. Like a devil, she was. Once her face becomes moderately anaemic again she looks back.

“Okay.”

There is a bit of a pause. Her voice is nonchalant and a little apathetic as always but this time when she speaks it strangely doesn't concern herself.

“I don't know a whole lot about Seiki. Has he had a career here for a long time?”

She would attempt to prod for perhaps a spout of information.
Causatum of the Light (Mei) Words 258
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Causatum of the Light (Mei)   Causatum of the Light (Mei) EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:10 pm

Causatum of the Light
“He has been a client for a little while,” Jane confirms, “but he has the tendency to get lost for long periods of time that conflict with his acting career. At best, he is a hero type; I wouldn’t expect anything too deep or dramatic from him. Since he is still young, moderately attractive and very skilled in the martial arts and agile, that works in his favor for the types of rolls he would be a shoe in for.” She leaves it at that, not moving into the details of her relationship with Seiki’s uncle and his ‘organization.’ Jane would leave room for her to respond after her words while waiting on me to return with the card.

After leaving Jane’s office, I head back to the reception desk where I hand off the ID and have Tillie scan it. She takes the ID, tells her friend to hold, and then turns to the side in the chair and slides over to another side of the desk to scan it into the system. Turning around, I rest my back and the back of my elbows on the counter while looking away as I waited. It didn’t take too long for her to tap me on the back with the card, causing me to turn around as she speaks, “it’s done, here take this back, Seiki-kun.” I take the cards from her with a smile and a soft thanks, since she was pretty after all, and then proceed heading back to the office.

253 / 4925
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Causatum of the Light (Mei)   Causatum of the Light (Mei) EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 9:55 pm

Ooc: Bump.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Causatum of the Light (Mei)   Causatum of the Light (Mei) Empty

Back to top Go down

Causatum of the Light (Mei)
Page 1 of 1