Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

In the weeds

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kazakura
Respected Elder
Kazakura

Female
Number of posts : 1880
Rep! : 37
Registration date : 2010-01-22

In the weeds Empty
PostSubject: In the weeds   In the weeds EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 7:37 pm

In the weeds Kaza_01
I stood looking at the fields and the Great Temple on the outskirts of Domenance. I was so startled at the progress I could only smile. He was resourceful my demon was. I stretched my arms up and heard the joints pop as the morning broke over the settlement. Hakim was still leader of the servants, I hazard a guess. I'm glad that I introduced him to Domen. At least his family was now productive and secure in their lives. Now I just had to be secure in my own. Settling my silvered robes around my shoulders properly and dusting off the hem of the garment, I moved towards the farm lands. Gazing around I noticed Kaelas sitting at the edge of a field sleeping in the morning sun. A smile tugged at my lips. Now where was Hakim, I wanted an update on everything that had happened in the realm since I had disappeared.

In the weeds Kaza_03
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

In the weeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the weeds   In the weeds EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 8:00 pm

Life would continue to bustle about the Capitol of Domenance. The city would be filled with the citizens moving about with their daily lives. Small merchant carts would roll through the streets, men would be on their way to and fro between work and other obligations, children would be running about in the streets, playing and frolicking with domestic animals and women would be tending to their homes and or shops. In the undeveloped lands, plots would be in the process of being measured out in order to set up the new homes and lands. Beyond that in the fields, workers would be progressing slowly through the fields, bent over either picking or toiling in the lands. The main figures of Domenance would be visible, each in their own area of expertise. Mallus would be standing tall among the workers of the field, delegating tasks, inspecting the soil, and judging the harvest. Hakim would be with the plots, charting the land with his assistant to keep records of the lay of the city and making sure all went according to his architected plans.

183 / 183
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Respected Elder
Kazakura

Female

In the weeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the weeds   In the weeds EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 8:13 pm

In the weeds Kaza_01
As I walked through the land of Domenance, I watched the life happening. Children played and women tended their homes. It seemed to be thriving, which was a relief. I half expected to see the people scared and impoverish. But it seemed like they were being treated rather well. Hakim was there and I began to make my way towards him, but then another figure caught my eye. He seemed to be over the farmers. He looked familiar and he looked like he was in charge of something. Switching direction, I begin to make my way into the fields, passing by those who were working and found myself watching the man working with the farmers (Mallus). I would wait until noticed or until he had a moment.
In the weeds Kaza_03
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

In the weeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the weeds   In the weeds EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 8:25 pm

Mallus would dismiss several field workers who were about him before watching them move on. With a sigh, his gaze returns to the ground as he crouched and inspected the foliage immediately at shin height. With a keen eye, he recognizes symptoms before standing and pointing towards a group of workers ordering that the land be tilled to increase the depth of the trenches to promote greater water runoff and less retention in this particular section. His hand comes to the back of his trousers as he pulls out a small handkerchief and brings it to his brow before turning and noticing Kazakura standing there. For a moment he pauses before he greets, “good day, Priestess. What brings you out of the Lord’s manor and into the humble fields?” He would demonstrate that he at least knew of her; how much he knew of her would be unknown for the time being even though she was a pretty famous figure about the temples as the a priestess and one of the high priestesses.

173 / 356
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Respected Elder
Kazakura

Female

In the weeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the weeds   In the weeds EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 9:02 pm

In the weeds Kaza_01
A smile settled upon my features. "I have just returned and was taking in all of the hard work that has been put forth in order to make this place so... well its amazing how much has been done in the time I have been gone. Be at ease, I do not wish to interrupt you for too long, but a lot seems to have changed. I do not even know your name, good sir." My eyes moved from his face to the fields and waited for him to answer. After his answer, I would turn my eyes back to him. "This is excellent. You seem to have everything well in hand." raising my hand to eye level, I placed it over my eyes so that they were shaded as I looked back towards the temple.
In the weeds Kaza_03
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

In the weeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the weeds   In the weeds EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 9:29 pm

Knowing that the priestess was shown grace in the eyes of the master, Mallus would seize this opportunity. He comments, “it’s no interruption at all. I’m glad that someone such as yourself would take interest in the mundane here. I do my best to make sure the master’s crops are of the best variety. Quality above all else will chime the reputation of the Fruits of Domenance.” He continues, “but forgive me, I am called Mallus. I lead the guilds of farmers within our master’s lands. He has entrusted me with harvesting his fields and I do my best not to let him down. Are there any questions you have on anything? I will be more than happy to answer them.” He was showing a very generous and kind visage to the lady, showing her all the respect as the master’s mistress should command with her presence.

147 / 503
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Respected Elder
Kazakura

Female

In the weeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the weeds   In the weeds EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 12:41 am

I blink and smile, he was much more of a talker than Hakim. And seemed friendly as well. That was a good thing. "Actually I have two things I needed to ask you, first of all is do you have any special requests that I might be able to help in. Such as rare seeds for planting or other items. I could always look for them in my travels and bring them back for you." My hand would travel back up to my hair and tuck it behind my ears again. A slight breeze blew up from the ocean and I could taste the salt in the air. "Secondly, do you think that you can find me someone to plant a few gardens around the temple? That would very pleasing to me. But off course if it is too early to think of things like that in the building and farming schedule that the Lord has planned, I will understand. We are so close to the ocean that I thought perhaps some of my native plants might do well here in this soil."
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

In the weeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the weeds   In the weeds EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 1:18 am

Mallus immediately answers the second request as he comments, “I will see to it personally that the temple will receive a beautiful garden variety. I won’t be an issue to assign a few of my workers to the task. If you have any preferences on what type of flowers or plants you would like there, be sure to let me know and I will make it so. I believe it was Hakim’s flaw to not include a garden of some type in the initial design, but forgive me for not correcting his error sooner.” Speaking on the first statement, he comments, “there are a few rare seeds that are very hard to come by. I would like to gain them in an attempt to see if I can replicate and nurse a small garden here. If that’s possible then it could prove quite profitable for us. Only if it does not put you out of your way, if you happen to find Ambrosia Fruit seeds, I would be most glad to receive them.”

173 / 676
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Respected Elder
Kazakura

Female

In the weeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the weeds   In the weeds EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 8:49 am

When he answered about Hakim's neglect of the garden I blinked in surprise, "Hakim is a just a carpenter. And he has his limitations just like the rest of us." I smiled, "But I am glad that you are here and seem to know so much about plants. I will try to find you this Ambrosia Fruit plant or seeds for you. What do they look like, since I have never seen them before. I will bring you a few of the plants I am looking for in my own garden. Perhaps they can be transplanted or at least we can do a common ground planting." Common ground planting was when you took native plants that looked like plants from elsewhere and planted them. It made someone who was not native feel more like they were home with their own plants. "I can get a few pressings and I believe I have a scroll with a few of them drawn. I really dont want to plant a vine that is kept in check on Shima by the shores of the island, just to have it choke out every other plant here.So perhaps a common ground planting would be better."
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

In the weeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the weeds   In the weeds EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 3:29 pm

“You’re very kind as expected,” Mallus would compliment, “he is just a carpenter, isn’t he?” Answering on what the seeds look like, he admits, “I have never seen them before, but I am told they are white and about the size of a man’s knuckle.” With her suggestion, he comments, “the priestess is more knowledgeable about these types of things than I would have guessed. You truly are a renaissance woman, are you not? Yes, I believe common ground planting would be an interesting venture to take on. It is something well within the realm of possibility as the Lord picked a location that offers a bit of welcomed challenge to me.”

112 / 788
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Respected Elder
Kazakura

Female

In the weeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the weeds   In the weeds EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 11:04 am

"Wonderful" I chirp happily. "You are most assuredly a treasure to have here in Domenance. I will ask the Lord about the seeds you are looking for, he might actually know something. Also do you think we could plant a Cherry tree in the garden. I had one on Shima that was planted when I was born, and well... I miss being able to see the beautiful blossoms." I admitted this when I had never admitted anything to Domen. In fact, I doubted Domen had ever seen my tranquil gardens in my old temple. In fact I believe he had never even seen my original temple. It was strange when you realized the fact that you knew so little about someone and they knew as little about you. In fact, I was sure he saw me as weak, but then why did he keep me around? I shook my head fora moment and smiled brightly. "Well if that is all, then I will leave you to your work. Please feel free to come talk to me any time." Those words were said with sincerity and I meant every word. I rarely concealed anything. "Have a wonderful day" If there was nothing else I would turn and retreat towards the temple to find Domen and ask about ambrosia seeds.

-Exit Rp- WC goes to Domen. ^.^ or to Domenance.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

In the weeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the weeds   In the weeds EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 5:45 pm

Sending to UYB.
Back to top Go down