Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male
Number of posts : 2610
Rep! : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper Empty
PostSubject: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 6:56 am

As Bijali fades from my side, I turn to the center of the ruins and start walking with a purpose. This center platform is supposed to hold the answers to my questions. Well then I have no time to waste. I want, no I need these answers. I have discovered but a sliver of the truth about who I am and apparently, I actually once lived in Koutaku-shi, but was exiled along with other members of the Kunashi Cadre. On top of that, I had to relive and even feel again the feelings that normally belong to a little boy who finally realizes that kudies is bullocks and touching and kissing girls is actually a lot of fun. By the natural use of "my love" I am to assume that she and I were a very serious item though that garden experience is the only solid memory that I have of her and true me. I swear just rationalizing that in my own head raises so many new questions that originally I wasn't even considered with. Also, judging by the title that they referred to me as, I was a Commander in this faction of warrior kami. The fruit tree would explain how I was able to be fooled into believing that I was a Dark Kami since their natural form is humanoid. I have a rather wild feline looking tail hanging around back there though. It seems to be a natural part of me. Interesting. I continue to roam around the ruins as there is such familiarity which allows some of that sadness that she told me I would feel as I realize that this used to be my home and now it has been reduced to nothing more than ruins. This will not suffice. I must find a way to fix this.

319 WC
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female
Number of posts : 2378
Rep! : 18
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 8:59 am

My body would lift off the ground before heading straight vertical. The sun would be rising across the horizon soon, and I had a morning date in the ruins, with whatever energy that old place had. Looking down across my new settlement, I was rather happy with the progress and hard work of just a single day. The lumberjacks had started to organize more and more of the forest that I had blasted down. Miners would be waking up soon to head north, where I had leveled a secure area to create our very own mine. I wanted there to be an independent relationship of all other countries. With the lumberjacks starting early, the carpenters could really spend the day working on getting the frame of the two small houses completed. By midday, we would have a decent trade route set up, and the path could start being lined into the village outpost. Once the two small houses were completed, the larger houses can be created. At this point, I already had nearly a hundred people to govern, and I didn’t want to waste any time if possible. With a smile, I would turn to the south before heading off at full speed, towards a particular set of ruins that had become of interest. At dawn, I would be meeting another spirit there, and together we might be able to crack open that shell of a temple. It would take about half an hour for me to get to the island, and another fifteen minutes before I would arrive at the ruins. The tree line had been cleared from where I bolted them my first time here. This would allow me to land in a familiar place before looking around the area. The ruins hadn’t changed a bit since I was first here. Wondering if the other spirit had arrived, I made my way through the large columns of broken rock towards the place where what I assumed was a centralized temple had been. I could feel that same particular energy from the first time I had explored this area. How interesting. Approaching the doors, I placed my hand on the large stone, feeling it pulse before pushing me back. On the ground, a round circle glowed, and across the area, another one glowed. How interesting..

Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:44 pm

I'm not quite sure what exactly is going on with my powers, but I for sure feel a deep empathy with this place. When I touch one stone, I can feel happiness and joy, but with others, there is sadness and despair. My eyes begin to burn forcing me to close them as I continue to move. The rest of my senses focus in the absence of sight so that I can navigate where I am going. Subtle manipulation of the wind allows me to keep a continuous breeze moving thru. The breeze serves as a sort of walking stick for me to follow. I stop suddenly and open my eyes as the sun begins to rise into the sky. My eyes show a reflection of the sun's radiance and as I look upon the sky as it begins to illuminate, I can see things in such a different, more beautiful manner that I just stop and smile. I let the warmth of the island sun wrap itself around me before I continue looking around. I come upon on the smaller temples and look around. There are many tattered scrolls and crushed pieces of art and tapestries worn or damaged by the strain of time. There are wall murals on these walls as well. They tell detailed stories of a land that looks so very foreign to me, yet the story is quite interesting. My eyes glow as the "hidden" writing in the murals seems to come to life.

Before I fully get into the story on the wall that I am looking at, I feel a familiar presence arrive. I suppose it is time. I head to the main temple and watch as he is repelled from the gate. The following reaction intrigues me a bit as I am unsure as to what caused the reaction. I float up to the platform and look around. Without looking back, I address the other spirit, "Good morning, Sanzon. Getting rejected this early in the morning?" I smirk to myself as I walk along the door hoping to find some sort of opening or manner of instruction or some memory or familiarity with this temple and this door. While most of the area is in total decay and shambles, this temple is badly damaged but is still a standing building.

If Sanzon looked closely, he would notice that my aura was quite different. Something happened... what would not be clear, but something happened.

433/752
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:55 pm

I picked myself up from the ground and threw a rock at the door. Surprisingly, it hit the stone and fell to the ground with a thud. Great... Kicking the stupid thing, my body would be once again repelled backwards. Hearing a familiar voice, I float up off the dirty ground and look across the area towards a familiar sight. What a sarcastic comment.. wait.. sarcasm? from the tyrant?

"Wha. Yea.. something like that..the spirit world likes to reject me early in the morning.. you should try it!"

it felt different, I didn't feel the asme hostility towards him that i normally felt. I wouldnt exactly call it hostility, but it was more of a disregard for him as a spiritual being. He had been a sweeping conquerer, and although the island was united now I wondered what would have happened had I not been able to use my diplomacy on the tribe. I had safely moved most of them to their new home, and spent the last twenty four hours starting to build their new home. Looking around, I took a gander once again at the ruins that were around the area. The temple was one of the only looking structures that was still decently up. How interesting it was that this structure had survived..
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:26 pm

When he comments about the spirit world rejecting him so early in the morning, I am drawn to my sole memory of my past or true life. I knew full well about the rejection of the heavens. Looking up at the sky, I scoff and turn my attention back to the door. My eyes begin to glow again as I continue searching. Nothing. When the suggestion comes to touch the door after seeing him dismissed from it, I am rather reluctant to follow that advice. "Yes, touch the door and get flung around like you. That seems like an excellent idea." I try to see if this empathy thing will work with the door, but I feel nothing from it. Great. You ever notice that tricks and powers like that never work when you honestly need them to. Seeing as how I really can't find an alternative, I reach up and place my hand on the door. Nothing happens. I frown and look back at Sanzon. Well that was a bust. I try to walk away and like a magnet, my other hand is drawn to the door. "Oh I don't like this. So it repels you and traps me. This is like a horrible mutual ex consort!" I struggle and strain to escape, but still I find myself stuck. This is not what I expected.

246/998
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:32 pm

"A mutual consort?"

I stood there, while bringing my hand to my chin, and scratching it for a moment. What an interesting concept that was. He was a dark kami, and I, a fallen kami. If we both represented each separate side of the spiritual heavens, maybe it was balance. Approaching the door with a little bit of hope this time, I extended my hand towards it. What it would do, I had no idea. To my surprise, the door would pulse lightly, allowing us both to see a light flicker of light across its surface. The energy would release the other, while two plat-formed symbols that were within the dirt glowed. Turning my attention back to them, a smile would cross my face. the initial idea of what had just occurred now made sense to me. I wonder what would have happened had I left the other spirit there. a light chuckle would escape my lips at that thought before I moved up into the air, and landed on the one to the left of the door. It was be a quick, fluid movement much like a giant leap, but without touching the trees or requiring that much energy...

"Stand on the other one. You said it was a mutual ex consort. Maybe this required both of us to open.. opposite parts of the spectrum, a balance of peace from their society.."
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:43 pm

When he approaches and touches the door, I am able to move freely. Noticing the glowing beacons on the ground, I wonder why I never noticed them before. I'm going to need to find the time to train my senses a lil bit more it would seem. When he points to the other marker to the right, I nod and shift over to it. Standing on it, my eyes close and my breathing slowly downs as I feel energy moving around us.

I have no clue what he's talking about in terms of opposite parts of the spectrum and I also wonder whose society he is referring to, but at the moment, it is neither here nor there to me. I wait for a moment to see what is going to happen next. One thing that does bother me the most though is the nagging question of why a non-Kunashi would be needed to open a Kunashi Temple. Neither Ralys nor Bijali had mentioned that to me. What could have happened that such a measure would be required and further more, what could be so important that it would require such security measures.

200/1198
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:49 pm

I watched the other spirit come onto the other platform. waiting for a moment curiously, the door began to glow while the platforms emitted a bright light around us. What looked to be a sphere of multi colored energy would glow brightly from the door, answering the resonation beneath us before shattering like glass. Behind it, the large stone door would slide into the ground, revealing a path way that had probably be covered for hundreds of years. It really brought a solid question to the front of my mind, while I wondered what would require multiple spiritual energies to function. Was this one of the fabled strongholds where spirits could exist after being exiled? Maybe. Maybe not. Shaking my head, I lifted a foot slowly off of the platform, and to my safe paranoia, found success. For all we knew, the door would close the second we stepped off of it. Thankfully, it didn't. I would have been rather pissed had that been the case.

"well, my spiritual brother, shall we?"
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 11:04 pm

As the first fresh breeze enters the temple pathway, I take a deep breath. My breathing starts to quicken a bit as my heart rate jumps up with excitement. It's like a kid that was sent away for boarding school making it back home for winter or summer break. The excitement is amazing. I take a step forward towards the entrance followed by another. When he asks if we should enter, I just nod to him. I get close to the entrance and I find an overwhelming feeling surrounding me. What exactly is this feeling? All of my emotions begin to elevate my state of mind and there is a smile on my face as I glance around. I take a step inside and a pulse shoots thru my body. It is as if my entrance triggers something both in me as well as the temple itself. I sigh happily and speak softly, "Finally, I am home. The prodigal son has returned."

My tail flicks back and forth behind me before I feel a chill run up the tail. Now is not the time for one of my hallucinations. I stop and look over at Sanzon, "Can you feel that? The energy in this place." To say that it had been a long time since I had seen this temple would be a gross understatement, but things aren't as I remember them. They look different. I scan the area taking in the sights for an assessment.

263/1461
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 11:19 pm

There was a feeling, that was unheard of. I had been around for a while, and I had never felt anything like this. I knew this place was special before I even made it to the entrance. Lifting off the ground, I would float over and through the entrance. On the inside, it would expand into a large foyer of stone. There were strange markings across the walls, while orbs of light floated sporadically around the entire place. Across the area, about fifty feet in distance, sharp platforms would raise above the ground, like elongated steps. At the center was a series of circular pillars, each about five feet wide. Their tops were oblong spires, and in the center was a single white bench. How a bench had survived for all these years, I would not even begin to ponder. Unlike the outside, which was held in ruins, in here was pristine. There were no bugs, the air was slightly musky, but the architecture was clean and well kept. The overbearing feeling of a great spiritual presence would easily be able to be felt inside this grand chamber. Looking at the ground, I would stop before the incline, where there were two familiar chambered designs on the ground.

"it worked once.."

Without waiting, hesitating, or asking questions, I would fly across the dimly lit area before planting myself down on the designed ground. Looking over, I would wait to see if the other spirit would mimick what I was doing. While I stood on it, nothing would happen...
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 12:45 am

My sights fall on the bench. I wince in pain and my first impulse is to try and defend against it but I remember what Bijali had told me. I wince again as I take a step closer to the bench. I think a memory comes back to me.

I look as Bijali and I are arguing by the bench a figure of immense radiance sits there and watches us. The argument goes back and forth, "Bijali, do not take this mission. Something feels wrong about it. There are plenty of others who can handle this. I do not want you in danger. Not now. Not after last night." Bijali looks at the figure and pleads, "Please tell him not to worry. The mortals cannot harm us. They do not have the power, so I will handle this quickly and then I will join you, my love. You have nothing to worry about. It is a tribal dispute. Nothing of concern. You must prepare the unit for battle as their Komutani. Do not allow your worry for me to hinder your duties to the Cadre." Without even waiting to hear the figure's input, I try to sway his favor next, "Master, at least let me send someone with her. I just want to be sure that she is safe." When we both stop bickering, the figure rises off of the bench and grins at both of us. "Why do you wish to prevent her from taking this mission? She is a Kunashi and as a Melek Komutani (Angelic Commander), you cannot put your personal attachments to your Consort over the Necessity of the Cadre. So unless there is a more... pressing reason that she should not be sent on this mission, I will remain with the choice that was made." I look at him then at her and her eyes and facial expression beg me to remain silent as to my true motive for wanting her to be pulled from this mission. My voice lowers, "Bijali... please." She looks over at the figure and bows, "Thank you, Yuksek Komutani (High Commander)." She steps forward and kisses me before her wings release and she takes off out of the temple.

I shake my head as I watch her fly off. The motion is mimicked in real time as I snap out of the memory vision and hold back a great deal of sorrow. Something happened to her on that mission. I can feel it. What happened the night before though? Wow, that was a rush of sadness right then. Whatever this change is my emotions are seriously heightened. I try to take another step towards the bench, but the pain strengthens. I vanish and appear on the symbol. My eyes do not leave from the bench though. I just want my memories back. I want all of this to finally make sense!

This presence feels extremely familiar, but why? It can't be... how would he have survived in here? Where is the presence coming from? I must confirm that it is him. I feel another surge of excitement overtake the sorrow as the presence I feel and sense triggers another feeling of familiarity, but not a specific one.

575/2036
Unlock: Kunashi - Krodha Transa (IP)
Train: Kunashi - Krodha Transa (IP)
Unlock: Kunashi - Spiritual Construct
Train: Kunashi - Spiritual Construct
Unlock: Spirit Arts Custom - Ayna
Train: Spirit Arts Custom - Ayna
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 10:38 am

A strange type of energy would cross between the pillars before the circular engraving around us ignited in light. The energy, a type I had personally never seen, would swirl around the two of us. Upon a single blink, the entire area would change for each of us, individually. When I opened my eyes, a strange young girl would be standing in front of me, a familiar sight from my past. The young girl, my sister, would turn around before I was pressed back across the floor and into the wall. Looking up, my body cringed in pain, as if I were a simple human. All of my strength had left me, and she floated in front of my face, while her eyes gleamed with sadness. Was this a test of my past? I had no idea...I felt the air leave my lungs while I gasped for air, in a futile attempt to break free of the force that held me there. Straining, the young girl slowly grew, into the form that I last saw of her. Her hand would raise towards my forehead, where a bright light would be emitted on contact.

A different color light would spread around the other spirit, revealing an empty cavern. A light layer of water would, barely enough to cover the ground, would spread around a raised circular platform. At the center was what looked like a statue. With the new spirit present, the energy around him would react, causing the stone shell to crack and break, revealing an ancient being. Upon him awakening, a dark skinned spirit, clad in silver robed with white spikes ornating the shoulder pads. Long, silver hair would hang across the figures back while he turned to face the spirit. A purple glow would emanate from this spiritual being, while he slowly began to speak. His words, full with a deep, rich tone, would be in an ancient tongue, which would come through mentally understandable. His arm would raise, while a force rejected the tainted spirit back. Those of impurities would be unable to stand before the white platform.
“Arh kuhra shaiis , hamur blaghdi” (to those fallen, death awaits)

While our bodies had remained in the same place, our spiritual bodies were now at war with our minds, and our past.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 5:54 pm

How did I...? When did I...? Where am I? These questions rush through as I wonder how I ended up in some cavern. Looking down at the water, I take a step forward towards the statue. All movements stops when I look upon the statue. I know this figure... don't I? I'm not sure, but I truly think I do know him. The statue starts to break apart and an angelic being wearing robes of the ancient times. These robes remind me of how we looked in my vision of the Garden. Watching the statue with intent and intrigue, the energy moving around the figure calls to me. He holds the key. He has to. I feel far too strong of a resonance here and now for him not to be the one who can unlock my memories. He's a Marsala... I know that energy glow. Only the Marsala could give off such a radiant purple glow.

My movement brings me closer until a sharp pain hits me in my abdomen. It is like a powerful telekinetic repel of some sort that I try to resist, but my body is knocked backwards away from the dark skinned figure. He speaks directly into my mind and in what sounds like an ancestral language of Koutaku-shi, but the dialect is slightly different, from what I speak. I translate his words to mean, "To those fallen, death awaits." I grin at him as I respond telepathically as well, "Is that so? Then it will be a glorious death... if you can deliver it." I feel a deep swell of emotion building up inside of me and I'm not completely sure why, but I have a feeling that this is like a volcano shortly before the eruption.

313/2349
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 6:25 pm

The middle aged girl would look across at me with curiosity. Her gaze was beautiful, just as I had last remembered them. I felt a welling in my face, pressure before a single tear emerged. I had not seen her for nearly sixty years. Had I died, and been returned to the heavens? Was my physical body gone, and returned to spirit particles? I was breathless, speechless, and my mind was all of wonder. Before I could figure something out, my body fell to the ground in a weightless mass. I had little energy, and felt that the longer I was in her presence, the less strength I had. It was a painful experience, and the memories of my past life were being replayed through my mind. As I attempted to bring myself to my feet, a strange glow emerged from her body. The dark purple hue was being brightened, while my own blue tint swept up towards her. What in the hell was this thing? And where was the other spirit? I wasn’t even here now, what was this? A cavern? Where was I? My head was dizzy, and my perception growing fuzzy. This was absolutely.. in all honesty, not good.
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 6:34 pm

The armor gleamed with a purple light, while the figure smiled. His eyes would burn with a dark purple glow before flashing silver, revealing blue orbs of light, deeper than the deepest ocean. His arm would remain raised, while a swirl of light began to twist around his arm. Tiny bulbs of light would flash before forming around his body. Slowly, his fingers would curl, before shooting out into a full palm. A smile came across his face at the challenge from the other spirit. “Arh kuhra shaiis , hamur blaghdi!” The light would streak down, curving several times around his arm before four separate strands collided across his palm. The resulting collision would expand a bright flash of white light across the cave. As the light bounces from the walls, it would connect, creating a webbed labyrinth that filled the cavern from wall to wall. Light would gleam from the silvery looking material, reflecting off its surface. The reflections in the water would make the face look twice as big as normal now that it was filled with light. His arm would remain raised, while the same smile was across his unworried demeanor.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 8:52 pm

Watching the defensive field take shape, I watch with interest trying to map out a path to make it thru the field without getting caught or zapped. I could do without seeing reflections of his smiling face. I walk up to the edge of the labyrinth and look at the figure sniffing the air, "Is that fear I smell? You think this little field of yours will stop me?" I look thru the reflections directly at the source. I have nothing to worry about. I draw spiritual energy to myself and keep drawing until I have enough stored up that my emotions start to add fuel to my power. I can feel my anger and frustration at my current state of confusion flooding into this charge before I fully unload on the reflections using a continuous "recast" of the Spirit Half Moon Strikes attack. "Yes yes, I know death awaits, but I tend to keep people who wish to see me waiting when I'm busy. You are in the way of my answers." The crescent shaped blades erupt from my hands with one single mission, destroy these reflections so I can catch him and force him to tell me what I want to know. My eyes start to burn slightly and I have to fight to keep them open as I will be as good as done for if I lose my sight against an opponent that gives off such an aura.

253/2602
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 9:03 pm

The being’s fingers would twist, each one moving individually and independently from the others. Upon the spiritual energy striking the web, they would disappear. The entire web would pulse before growing in thickness. Smaller portions of openings would glaze over, creating a hardened shell. The light would glow brighter from the energy that it had gained. The same words would be broadcast across the cave mentally, like a broken record. “Arh kuhra shaiis , hamur blaghdi!, “Arh kuhra shaiis , hamur blaghdi!!!” This place was a sacred ground, protected for hundreds of years. With the light burning brighter, markings, and outlines of skeletons that were laid into the walls would become more visible. The parts of the cave where the light web touched would look as if a vine of white light had grown into it.
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 9:15 pm

I felt myself growing weary, and dizzy. Even trying to stumble to my feet was a trial beyond difficulty. The cave was glowing brightly with her deep purple shade. Striking myself forward, I would plant my left foot to the side, throw my arms out towards the center, then jerk them to my side. Focusing on just standing, I knew I would be unable to make it very far. I would fly barely twenty feet before my body was thrown sideways into a wall. Looking across, I felt the strength leaving me more and more as I was in this girls presence. Throwing my right arm up, a weak bolt of lightning would shoot forward. Before it made it halfway, it turned into raw energy before she absorbed it. A deep exhale would come from my lips. Dealing combat with a completely spiritual being inside this place was not my best place for combat. It was like combating against the watchers and their crew in the heavenly grounds. This was not going to be a good thing should I lose control of myself here. That was, after all, what partly got me kicked out of the heavens in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 10:19 pm

I grumble with annoyance that sounds more like a growl. I decide that he cannot be the actual Marsala b/c his repeated message makes him seem more like a spiritual construct than like a living being. I would need to confirm this though. Moving closer, I side step so that my eyes could see his and they begin to glow as I look to enter his mind and read his surface thoughts. If they were just this message repeating, then it would be enough for me to think him a construct and be content with destroying him to move on. It would mean that he is not the one with the key to my memory and thus he is of no use to me. As my power continues to build, I smile back at him. Just a little bit more and I'll eradicate this entire web and be able to finally reach him. First I need to know if he is a target to attack or capture.

Damn it, I can't release my wings for some reason. I feel that nagging pain coming back as I try to push my way into his mind. My hands start trembling as if my nerves are being triggered. Just a little longer. Just a little more energy to harness!
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 10:35 pm

The energy from the web would glow. Where it had filled in, the platforms of shiny light would glow before tentacles of light spread out, nearly six feet. If they were within range to touch him, they would be attracted towards his energy, stretching out further and further to about eight feet. The stronger he got, the more they would be inclined to stretch towards him. The energy would react as if it has its own subconscious thought. The repeating of the message inside his mind would be a mental block, doing nothing more than getting a message across and keeping his mind safe from the other spirit. A large set of white and silver wings would rise up around him, taking the shape of a grand angels form. There would be three sets of wings total, and they would spread to their full span as a display of power, just like in the olden days. His body would lift from the ground, and move slowly forward towards the large cage of light. “Ishanni shoiah va shanni hurrazh” (pure body, impure soul) would come from his lips, in a light tone that would resonate across the entire cavern.
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 10:53 pm

The weak bolt had failed me. I tried to muster the strength for a stronger one, but it had failed me. I heard her voice, the same as I remembered it, come into my mind. The words failure, rung over and over, driving me into madness. Each repetition from her caused my mind to ache in pain, while I struggled to even remain conscious. Pulling myself up the wall, I closed my eyes for a moment while trying to bring just a little bit of focus forward. Pressing off the wall, I planted my weight straight down, while taking a deep breath. With a quick expansion of all of my inner energy, the force of the electricity would be pressed inside of me. The collisions would expand violently, while electricity began to crackle and explode around me. I wasn’t going to waste any more time, and I was more fearful of being this destructive than anything else. White, blue, and yellow light would pick up around me, swirling while the girl, a spiritual version of my sister pulled her arms up to defend from the energy I was giving off. The force exerted was growing, while the light reflected off of all of the walls. The illuminating energy would cause her to begin shouting, while she attempted to absorb the energy I was now giving off..
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 11:05 pm

When the replay continues, I am ready to unleash Divine Uprising until I notice the strands of light moving towards and around me. I look at the construct with a disappointed glare. Does he really think that this would hold me? Ha ha ha! Fool! I lift off of the ground a few feet and my arms fold across my chest diagonally. "Let all in my way be torn asunder!" My energy... I can't hold it. What the hell is going on? The construct releases his wings and now I am truly confused. Those are the wings of a Marsala for sure. But how? All his mind reads is a repeat of that same message. My confusion and inability to control my energy with these web strands surrounding me. When the wings take full span, I begin to strain to draw in enough energy and clear out some space. He speaks to me and I look at him trying to figure out what he is babbling about now. The message is different. Pure body, impure soul? Judging by the way this ensnaring web seems to react to my energy, that is not a good message. Damn it, Krodha, come on! My body's natural aura glow starts to flicker as I strain to get off a clearing attack to move this web away. My energy pulsates out from my body as I try to release the Atma Visphota, the Radiant Rejection Dome to blast away the nearby webbing. I am unsure if I will even be able to fully activate the power, but I have to try. I try to transform as well and find my plight growing as I am unable to access a higher form. This is starting to look bad for me.

318/3135
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 11:22 pm

The wings would beat once, while his body was propelled forward. The moment the strands of light were able to connect with his aura, all of them would immediately straighten and harden into spikes. The spirits body would break into particles of light before reassembling themselves right in front of him. The light would wrap around the yaksa's body, while a wall of glassy light appeared behind him, emerging at points that would connect all of the spikes. The right hand, a solid gauntlet of white and silver, would move through his body, in what looked like an attack on the spiritual body directly. While his physical manifestation of his spiritual self was unharmed, the particles of light that would be his actual spiritual manifestation would be drawn back onto the glass wall, where the light would surround it. There was no better way to get rid of impurities than to do it forcefully.

"Aksha han, Iohi shas'hal" (spirit end)
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 11:37 pm

I bit my teeth down, clenching as hard as I could to attempt a shot at restraining myself. Unfortunately, today was not my day. I had wanted to learn something new, and never would have thought it would hit me as hard as this would. My eyes would shine brightly with blue light, a symbol of my bloodline. The energy would continue to filter, while I refiltered it more times than I ever had before. At a certain point, it would stop, finally reaching a level of purity where the energy inside of me had no imperfections. My chest was filled with it a burning sensation before a light emerged from my body. The electrical energy, unrestrained and pure, would erupt around me, spreading out in an orb of power that would expand. My energy would be completely funneled into the outburtst, filling the entire cavern with electricity. The young girl was surrounded by the energy before it overtook her. The energy burned, sizzled, and crackled, breaking apart her spiritual flesh into the basic building elements.

Slowly, my eyes would open, and I would fall to the floor, back in the temple. I was out of breath and energy, still dizzy, and really confused. Looking over, I laid on the ground and gazed over to the other spirit, who remained standing where right where he was the first time that he stepped onto the platform.

Lightning Blast
Lightning is a form of energy. By drawing all of your spiritual energy, you carve it into a highly compressed blast of lightning. For most, this would be considered a highly suicidal technique, as it draws out a large amount of energy. Once again, it uses the base foundations of EOTL to expand and purify energy, but instead of refining it for storage and articulate use, it blasts it in one large, unrefined wave around the user. If it doesn't kill you, this technique is able to disrupt your ability to channel for a limited amount of time.
Effect: radius = 10 feet per level, dmg = sta used/2, counter affect +stun to user lasts for 1 post per dmg lvl
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 3:57 pm

My eyes continue to burn, but I cannot worry about that right now. As I blink, the spirit rushes towards me and I try to prepare for a counter attack, but the strands of light harden and prepare to impale them. Some of them stab me, but I am able to evade most of them. If only I could access my heightened form. He is too fast for me to truly contest him well enough, so I decide to try and even the playing field a bit. "Senses accelerate!" (Slowdown activated). My senses would do just as commanded and things would slow down as I am able to take in more information from my environment. I had been too late though, he moved with the speed of a true demigod. I gasp as I feel his covered fist and forearm pass thru my body and into my internal workings. It wasn't bad enough that he punched thru me it would seem, but with such force that my body is lifted off of the ground and sent flying backwards. It doesn't take long for my flight to stop though. That's the good news... the bad news is that it is stopped by a glass wall... that doesn't shatter when I hit it. This hurts for sure. I look at the other spirit and fire off three crescent shaped blades of spiritual energy from both of my hands at the spirit. I've been itching for another good fight.

260/3395
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 1:25 am

Upon the attack forming, the glass would glow brightly, emitting a bright light that would consume and absorb the energy given off. His hand would remain planted, not moving while the wings pressed forward. If the spirit had noticed, part of his spirit would start to be absorbed into the glass. The part would be that which was impure, and much darker than his normal spiritual energy. His words would remain the same, as if he was baptizing a simple child. His eyes would burn in silver and purple, with the water moving away from his body. The white net would shrink, closing in closer while parts of it connected to the glass. The border of it would expand, connecting with the tentacle like spikes. The spirit would lift his other arm towards the web, while light came from his fingertips. The open areas would close, filling in with the same reflective material. Light would shine brightly from it, filling the entire closed shell with bright, blinding energy.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 4:05 am

This feeling... this horrible horrible feeling. This pain... the purging process had begun and I could feel so much pain and fear. I felt anxiety and worry and sorrow. I felt betrayal and hatred of being manipulated. I felt fury and rage. I felt everything. Like a movie, I watch the lies of my false existence playing out in front of me. I watch as not only my powers, but my very being and soul are trapped away inside of a mortal shell and imprisoned. I see the dark spirit that was to be the warden of my imprisonment. I feel the battle even now for control of my spiritual being. The warden spirit had lost control but he was not dead. He was trying to figure out how to destroy me along with him. It was like a flood of poison flowing into all of my arteries and veins. I desperately want to reach out and get out of this prison. My projection can only do so much. I need to get out of here so I can find where my memories and my true powers have been locked away at. While my body tries to fight against my brother of the Cadre, I am doing my best to support him and his quest to free me.

When the glass starts to absorb the impurities, I find my opportunity. I remain in my meditative position where I have spent so many days using my projection to temporarily gain control of my body. My senses tell me that something has changed... my spiritual eyes open. My cage is no more. A grin slides across my face. From up above, I can see a bright light. Perfect. I will have my freedom once again. My wings release and I pause for a moment as only two of them release. "Where are the other two? No matter." With one powerful flap, I take to the skies inside my own body and head towards the light knowing that the Dark Spirit would come to me.

Due to the internal battle, my spiritual body does not move other than to show the expression of pain. Muscle convulsions can also be seen as the Dark Warden and I battle for control as the glass encasement continues to weaken his power and return my strength to me. I will be free of you!

424/3819
Unlock: Kunashi - Krodha Transa (IP)
Train: Kunashi - Krodha Transa (IP)
Unlock: Kunashi - Spiritual Construct
Train: Kunashi - Spiritual Construct
Unlock: Spiritual Arts Custom - Ayna
Train: Spiritual Arts Custom - Ayna
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 12:13 pm

The Entire shell would be filled with a blinding light, while the dark impurities from the Yaksa's spirit would be reflected, expanding momentarily before being absorbed. Every second, more and more of the impurities were being absorbed. The strength of the darkness would be absorbed, which was his duty, for he was, in the olden ways, a purifier. While it would look to anyone on the outside that he was a dark spirit, his purpose was to remove sin from others, and onto himself. It was a fate selected from birth, to carry the sins of his people. He led, even for a higher order spirit, a damned existence. With each bit of darkness that was absorbed from the spirit, the light would glow brighter and brighter, until it burned away the spiritual impurities of the other one. His left arm would rise, sending a wave of silver light out, projecting the complete history of this civilization. Inside Khroda's mind, he would see the vast buildings, his people in peace with the humans, and other spirits there as well. It was a large society that encompassed the entire island until the dark times emerged, destroying their civilization.

Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 11:24 pm

Flying throughout the cortex of my body, the dark spirit has no choice but to show himself. This purification was killing him, so if he had any chance of ensuring that I would never emerge again, he needed to force a showdown. The only problem for him is that my memories are coming back and the first member is me first joining the Kunashi Cadre. I remember the first time, I ever saw the Mahala Marsala, my Master, enter the Krodha Transa, the Trance of Fury. My eyes start glowing as I look at him and my movement speed increases as I fly to intercept him. I simply disappear a moment later and there are two warriors in ornate gold, black, and silver armor on the left and right of the Dark Spirit. (Spiritual Construct) Looking at the dark spirit, I tell him that his only option now is to die. "I will accept no surrender and you will receive no quarter. I have found my reason to live again. Do not worry though. I have plans to send many more to keep you company in Oblivion!" The two constructs attack him while I open a portal behind him that starts to absorb him at the same time that he still being weakened further. The dark spirit tries to flee hoping to hide in my body and regain his strength but he finds himself torn to mere particles.

Things start to get very hazy for me until I gasp out loud drawing breath again. My breathing is heavy and my equilibrium is completely off. The images that are projected into my mind come at such a time of confusion that I don't even fully process them yet. I saw how this city used to look and that image becomes so vivid in my mind. My telepathic speaks out, "Kē rūpa mēṁ isē ēka bāra gayā thā, tō isē phira sē kiyā jā'ēgā. Phira mērī sundara Mandira vr̥d'dhi!" (As it once was, so shall it be again. Rise again my beautiful Mandira!) My breathing stabilizes but the purest of spiritual energies flows freely from my body and it would begin moving throughout the area slowly. There would be a periodic, yet rather sporadic pulse from me that acts kinda like a ripple. The energy pushes forward and everything touched slowly finds life again. This would be a process and I would discover that I cannot move my physical body. This might be why the two Spiritual Constructs appear standing guard next to my physical body. Good to know my survival instincts are intact. I still can't quite remember who exactly I am. So many gaps and blank spots. My eyes land on the Purifier. "Who... you have my gratitude for freeing me. To whom do I owe my thanks?"

496/815
Unlock: Kunashi Soulline (1000)
Unlock: Kunashi - Krodha Transa (500)
Train: Kunashi - Krodha Transa (1500)
Unlock: Kunashi - Spiritual Construct (500)
Train: Kunashi - Spiritual Construct (IP)
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 11:35 pm

The darkness would seep from the spirits body before being absorbed into the light, much like a poison being drawn from a wound. The entire shell of white light would crack, like glass, before shattering into thousands of pieces. The grand wings would rush forward once, lifting the figure off of his feet and backwards, returning towards the circular pillars. As he neared them, his gaze would be forward. Landing, a single step would be taken backwards, inside a strange set of runic markings. The wings would disappear upon crossing it, while his leg would slowly begin to return to stone. “Ahn usha vajsk, Derilac-unda, nuhm hatirivsha” (the name is mari -Derilica, the purifier.). His tone had changed, as if he were satisfied with the spirit standing before him. He would be free of his dark constraints, and able to walk in the light. Only those of pure blood and spirit would be allowed to enter the darkness of this temple. When his entire body had entered the runic area, he would turn completely to stone, allowing the other spirit [you] to open his eyes, back where he had originally started in the main hall.
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 11:39 pm

I took a step forward, attempting to get out of the circular area, but it wouldn’t budge. A strange force held me there, like a caged rat in some military lab of the future. Bringing my body up, I would attempt to fly, but only be repelled back down to my feet. With a frustrated exhale, I would cross my legs before sitting down on the air. My body would turn to face the other spirit, who continued to stand there in a trance like state, just as I had. I wondered what he was seeing. On my end, the sister who had been killed by a demonic raid. I had faced my own fear and guilt, and came from it knowing that I did all in my power to attempt to save her. I would dwell on these thoughts for a little bit, hoping to clear my head once and for all of it. After all, it had been nearly a hundred and ten years since this had happened. It was a good thing that my sister had shown up, and not the angel who I had fallen in love with. These feelings were treason in the other world, and my love had caused my brother to betray me, which got me kicked out of the heavens. I could live with never going back up there right now. .. but that was a different story altogether. Right now, I just hoped that Khroda was doing alright over there.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 1:28 am

He said his name was Derilica... I know that name. Don't I? He was trusted by my Master and a Marsala himself. He was called in to rescue brethren who were on the verge on falling back when we still lived in Koushi. As he returns to stone, I try to rush towards him to prevent it, but everything comes into full unison and my eyes open. When they open the normal darkness is gone and slightly glowing golden orbs remain looking out at the world. The constructs speak, "Komutani?" I look at them and nod before speaking with an accent that sounds similar to an Alexandrian tongue from Egypt, "Yes. Things are quite jumbled right now, but I am trying to recover my memories. Brethren, where is Bijali and the Mahana Marsala? What happened here?" Both of the constructs look at me, "You must go further, Lord. Inside the temple, you will find what you seek. My Lord... do you want us to accompany you within?" I look at them and say, "You did not answer my question. Where is Bijali and the rest of my unit?" They remain silent and I look around to see Sanzon standing over there. "How did my home become reduced to these ruins?"

227/1042
Train: Kunashi - Spiritual Construct (IP)
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 9:30 am

What? I stood there looking over to him as he randomly asked me a question. I had no idea that this was even his home, let alone a home for anyone civilized at all. If it fell, that meant the people were probably pissing off the wrong people. Standing up, the barrier glowed around both of us before shimmering, hardening, and shattering like glass with a brilliant display of mixed colors. Stepping out of it, I stretched my legs while listening to his question. It was about damn time he got back here. I was curious to whether or not he had any answers for his questions. This place should have been able to help him control those mental breakdowns. Was it working?

"beats me.. maybe they barked up the wrong spirit tree, or pissed off the watchers. The spirit army doesn't really tolerate anything that goes against them. What did you see?"
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 1:38 am

Shaking my head, I try to work out the answer both in my head and out loud. "There aren't many spirits that have come to this realm and there definitely wouldn't be enough to threaten the Kunashi Cadre. Also, the Watchers do not interfere with this realm as the balance is maintained. You cannot reach Koushi or Onitoshi from here. I have tried. Besides, we were exiled from Koutaku-shi, so if it had been the Watchers or their agents, they would have killed us before we left. More importantly, where was I when this was done? Why can't I access my old memories or even my name? Arrrgghh!!" I growl and breathe out my anger. "This is so frustrating." The constructs turn and face the dark hallway that lies before me. "They tell me to traverse in there." I am unable to focus properly on the restoration project, so I stop where I am at and as I take a step forward, I am forced to float to prevent from stumbling. "Now this is something you never forget... flying." As I move towards the entrance, I hesitate for a moment. Do I truly want to know the answers? In the state of confusion and frustration that I am in at the moment, who knows what might happen or how I might react. Still, I must know the truth. I look over at Sanzon and tell him that if he does not wish to enter with me, he may remain or explore.

270/1312
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 8:25 am

I could take my steps just find, and for once, preferred to stay on the ground. The idea of having traps set for raiders hadn't even crossed my mind. This entire place was fascinating for me, and I really, really wanted to know what it originally was. Watching the other spirit stumble around before taking leave of the physical, I gave him a curious gaze. Would I stop here? Hell to the no. If I let him go off there on his own, and something happened, I didn't want him burying himself down here. The other problem was that the temple might shut after I leave since the balance was broken. There were several possibilities, and I did not want to test a single one of them right now.

"As if.. let's keep going."

Past the raised area was a large, curved archway laid with stone. On the other side, it would open up to a balcony, that laid across what looked like several acres of underground. It was a great hall. Upon passing through the balcony, a spark would hit, striking the walls to illuminate the entire room. As far as we could see, stone boxes were laid neatly organized across the floor.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:03 pm

Smirking to him, I float up onto the platform and walk towards the balcony. The Constructs flank me and I tell them that this area feels very familiar. Still, I walk inside towards the balcony. I start to hear music in my head. My feet stop in place and I look left then right. I continue onto the balcony and the song seems to be getting louder as if I am getting closer to the source. I reach the balcony and look out across the open space. Sanzon would see ruins while I see a large courtyard with dancing and singing and such energy flowing thru it. I reach out as one of the hallucinations, a singing young maiden, offers me a reddish orange fruit and I chuckle at her.

She looks away and flies back down towards the courtyard. There is a pool of sorts down with small spirit creatures that aren't sprites, but don't seem to be normal yokai either. I try to leap off of the balcony to join the others, but my body finds itself stuck on the balcony. "Wait, come back. I have questions for you." As if coming out of a stargate warp, my vision exits in reality and the dark and dreary ruins... sadness fills my being again. "So I finally make myself whole again only to find out that I am not yet whole. This has to be a punishment for something."

256/1568
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:13 pm

I look around the large room before raising a single arm. The illuminated fires stretched around the entire room, but I couldn't see into the distance from here. There would be a light spark between my fingers before a bolt of lightning shot across the large cavern like room, illuminating all of it. With a smile, I would turn to the other spirit, only to realize he was off in his own world. Great.. Standing there for a moment or two, my attention would turn back to him when he started making sensible, logical sentences.

"Wait.. wha? Punishment for what? Are you saying all this old shit is part of your old people or something? I figured you had a clan, just like I did, but here on this realm? Were all of these casket things your people?"
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:41 pm

I do not turn to look at him as I address him while staring down into the ruins of the courtyard, "Not a clan in the traditional sense. We were of a united soulline. We swore loyalty and love and unity to one another. Some of my brethren discovered true emotion and sensation. They had watched the humans from the Heavens for a while after problems arose following the Exodus of Merkus. They wanted to cleanse the land of the ungrateful humans leaving only the faithful. This request was denied and so we returned to our duties as a security and banishment force. These feelings grew and once while watching the humans together one of our male and female ranks embraced each other in a very strange way. We found out that it was a sin to do so. We concealed the act and protected our brethren, locking them away to try and help them repent. Instead, we discovered that our emotions fueled us and made us stronger once we were able to focus and channel them. There was no longer a means to contain the "dark" secret of the Kunashi Cadre and so we accepted exile in order to not harm our brethren. Exile though meant that we would be banished here to Yochi. The Mahana Marsala, our Master, Sensei, and Leader, led us to this island and this area of the jungle island. Our numbers were not great but with 9 Squads consisting of 9 Kunashi Kami plus our Grand Council, we had more than enough to stabilize this island and teach the natives to support themselves as Merkus had down on the mainland. Together, with humans, yokai and spirit animals, as well as other spirits, we built this temple to symbolize the peace and unity that could be attained. We knew that battle was also a necessity and as such, bloodshed would be part of the price paid to ensure said peace and harmony... just a moment ago, I saw this courtyard as it was. There were statues and children of both spirits and mortals and even half breeds..." My voice trails off as I think about the matter of punishment. "There is much that I could be punished for. As you can see, I have lived for many centuries apparently... and I have been missing or something for quite a while b/c this temple city was the most beautiful paradise I have ever known. A spirit's body does not remain physical for long after their demise unless held so, but even then they would give off a spirit signature and those are not caskets. I think those are supplies but I cannot feel inanimate objects well, so I can't be sure. I don't suppose you know how to speed up memory recovery do you?"

491/2059
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:55 pm

I listened to the story of how his people fell from grace. So much of it paralleled what I had had personally been through. It was hard to think that there were others who disagreed with the rules of the heavenly realm. It was hard to listen to this story, as I had just dealt with facing my younger sister while knowing she had died in combat, on her first tour of duty. How difficult it must be to know nothing of your people, then have all the memories come back at once.

"The Kunashi, from the old days? I remember hearing of your forces. I served in the outer realms fleet that purged demons who wondered too close to the entrance of our heavenly realm. I spent more time with a particular female spirit until the watchers discovered we were feeling emotion. My own brother used it as a reason to attack me from behind, sealing my powers and casting me down here. I have no idea what is inside them, nor do I know how to return memories. if you are starting, maybe they are unlocked and able to return to you over time? then again, to us spirits time really is irrelevant."
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 12:21 am

My head lowers and rises in a nod at the question about my people. When he mentions a fleet, my brow furrows for a moment. "You were a Coastal Guardian? Interesting. I encountered your people once when I had to retrieve a prisoner that your people had captured and detained as a suspect of treachery and Betrayal of Koushi. To think, we could have met then... if you were a Coastal Guardian back then." My eyes widen slightly as he tells me that the one who exiled him was his own brother and that he attacked him from behind. Now I am one who had to carry out the Will of Koushi against a friend, but never my brethren. So he gave in to emotion in the Heavens? Interesting. There was one thing that I truly disagreed with though. "On the contrary, spirits must be concerned or focused on moments for while long term ambition cares little for time, short term strategizing, which is equally important, requires one to consider the timing. Also, I am tired of being in the dark within my own mind. I barely know how I managed to summon them and how they are able to speak. The Demonic Constructs that I have seen seem to be mere puppets mindlessly carrying out their master's biddings. I know where to go!" I dive off of the balcony finally and flow to the left side of the courtyard. If there is one place that I could hope to regain what I lost or at least accelerate the process, then this place would be it.

283/842
Train: Kunashi - Spiritual Construct (1500)
Unlock: Spiritual Arts Custom - Ayna (IP)
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 8:45 am

“It is hard, and I do agree that we most focus on the long term. The mistake that the watchers make is that those emotions can give us further strength and motivation to serve in our duties. The guards of the heavenly coast served our duties well, and were the masters of lightning. There wasn’t a single spirit in that realm that could challenge them in that aspect of combat.” Turning my attention to him, I would lean my back against the stone balcony for a moment before asking. “how long have you been down---?” Great.. he just went off on his own again..
As the spirit passed off of the balcony, a barrier would appear before I could. The shiny colors of glass shimmered, but bounced with a soft glow. Across the large courtyard, a bright flash of blinding light would emerge, shimmering with multiple colors. Over there, if someone was close enough, they would see a large statue of a man with wings, in full armor with a giant sword, shatter. Stepping forward, fragments of stone would fall from his long, white hair. A sharp crack would come from the beings neck, while he announced his presence. This was a sacred area for the Kunashi, and even another higher order spirit would not be allowed. The large sword had a jagged, chiseled side to it. He would look around before pulling a piece of ornamental stone from the wall. Upon touching it, the stone would crack around it, revealing a helmet that glistened with white light. Placing it atop his head, the wings would beat a single time to propel him forward. Although the sword was nearly eight feet long, he wielded it in one hand, as if it weight only a few pounds. There would be no words, for he was the defender of this holy ground, and no trespassers were spared.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 4:52 am

My wings give a powerful flap as my rate of speed increases slightly as I plunge into the courtyard. I have a memory of this place. There are so many of us in this courtyard training. Our primary focus is defensive combat, which I personally hate b/c defense is so blasted boring. I preferred to attack and crush my opponent before they could actually harm me. This had served both my unit in actual combat as well as myself in terms of a duel very well in our encounters, so I saw no reason to change my fighting style or my way of thinking on the matter. Then the Mahana Marsala forced me to train with one of the elite defenses captains known as the Vasi. They protected our villages, temples, "hidden" islands in the Great Sea, and most sacred of grounds. The thought of facing off against one of the Vasi is a dream b/c defeating one in battle is a direct path to early Marsala status.

My first test placed me against Vasi in training... their lieutenants most of the time. They were my brethren so I took it as no insult to face them in combat. Unfortunately, they proved to be no real match for my powers. With each opponent, I change tactics so that the observing Vasi would not be able to truly assess my ability. After a few weeks of this, the Marsala received the request of a particular Vasi to test me. Finally! My opportunity had arrived. I welcomed the opportunity and trained against the strongest Kunashi in my unit. This proved to be a grave mistake. I fought against the Vasi and we battled back and forth and I got to showcase my prowess both as a spiritual energy conduit and as a martial artist against his bushido skills and his magic. We battle in the air and on the ground and against the sides of the barrier walls that contained us. This battle raged for over an hour with no sign of letting up. My confidence began to grow in my offensive assault to the point where I unleashed one of my most powerful attacks in hopes of finally finishing him off. A massive amount of spiritual energy is harnessed into a massive orb before it is split into two massive orbs in each hand and finally projected at the Vasi in two colossal waves of energy that look like gigantic angel wings of energy flying at the Vasi. That move had been trained to pure perfection and was so destructive and devastating that I had only used it once before to end a battle that was more of a rescue from my point of view of my unit. It was my end all maneuver. Before I could muster the strength to react, I was nearly annihilated by my own attack. I held on to remain conscious for a few moments longer, but I was clearly done for. The Vasi looked over at me and nodded. He informs the Mahana Marsala, "He is powerful, old friend. You taught him "Melek Hatyara" but did not teach him, Ayna?" The Mahana Marsala responds, "He cared not for his defense, but that is for you to fix."

I lose consciousness in my daydream or vision, whatever you wish to call it only to come to with a familiar set of armoring charging at me. "Sāta sitārā ḍhāla!" The seven star shield would form up in front of me to defend against a coming attack.

618/1460
Hone: Kunashi - Krodha Transa (IP)
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 8:36 am

In the free arm, a shimmer of light would appear, taking seven points across a small section of his body. The giant wings would lift again, propelling him forward. A glow would come from his body, while his muscles bulged. The helmet shined with silver, and as he neared the intruder, would begin his attack. Lifting his arm, the sword would come directly down towards the other spirit. As it passed, a vacuum would form, drawing the surrounding air into it. He would slam the large sword directly into the shield before drawing it back and doing the same from four different angels. Each strike would me effortless [blitzkrieg blade [custom jinsko slashes]]. The ground would kick up dust from the vacuum. there was limited light, only from the light flames that anointed the walls around the large room.

Tech Damage : Fierce x 5
----
All I could do was watch the attack from the sideline. I hated feeling powerless and being unable to assist the other spirit. On the side, I was kind of happy that I could watch the entire thing and not have to get involved. Besides, whats the worst that could happen? He gets killed, and the temple shuts me in here for eternity.. not soo bad.. I mean, how long would it take some asshole from the future to dig this place up...
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 7:47 pm

The shield absorbs most of the damage allowing me to shrug the remaining damage from the initial strike. Not one to waste time in between an attack and my counter attack, I quickly harness the energy needed before my body glows with a silver aura as spiritual energy swirls around me and pushes outwards in all directions. The blast radius is roughly 25 feet in its radius. My body armor forms on me as I hover a few feet off of the ground. I need to assess my surroundings so that I can use the terrain to my advantage. I quickly scroll thru my possible powers while I observe him. These Kunashi spirits seem to move so quickly and I don't understand why they are noticeably quicker than I am...

The Spirit Constructs wait patiently as they watch the exchange. They look over at Sanzon and one of them speaks with a soft, tenor voice, "This is as it must be."
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 10:54 pm

I would simply stand there while waiting for this ordeal to finish. In my own way, it was better this way, as it gave me the time, room, and energy needed to focus on the actual architecture of this area. That was what I found important to this little venture. He could do what he wanted and fight everything down here for all I care. Floating up a little bit, my legs would cross while I looked across the walls, analyzing the stone construction. While it was clean and well kept, it looked like solid stone, and not a form of created rock. the humans of the future had a stone that they would artificially create, but it didnt have the strength of the ones back in these days. There was a construct that I wanted to build, along with coastline, and this construction type might be the easiest way for this side project to succeed.
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 11:02 pm

The life form would move backwards while taking a new perspective of the target. For a spirit to make it this far was something not only unheard of, but something that had not happened for a very ,very long time. Enjoying the chance to have a solid fight, he would take the opportunity without wasting time. Raising the blade above his head, he would slam it towards the ground. The air would shake, releasing a low pressure vortex towards the opposing spirit. The result was a simple attack, but complex in shape. The air would vibrate slowly, but as it neared him, would explode, creating a vacuum of oxygen that would pressurize an area about twelve feet wide.

Damage : Fierce
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 pm

The first "wave" of pressure would not do much to me so I think to attack thru it. I release three crescent shaped blades of spiritual energy (Spirit Half Moon Strikes: Strong) from my left hand at the other being. Simultaneously following that a thin, yet strong strand of spiritual energy drops from the index and middle fingers of my right hand. I flick my wrist at the spirit in hopes of the "rope" connecting with him. (Spiritual Bind: Strong) If it did, then I would have a hold of him tho it would be short lived as the explosion would knock me backwards and possibly jar loose the bind anyway. I would need to even the playing field a bit. First, I wanted to see how he would next advance.
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 11:28 pm

Wielding the sword in one hand, it would be moved through the slashes, dispersing them without much effort. To feel like he was wasting his time, he did not want a problem with someone who could only be capable of something so small. If this was all the other one was able to do then it would be best to get this over with and return to slumber. With a flap of the wings, shards of light would be released from them, showering a wide area towards him. The blades of energy would explode on contact, with each one absorbing the energy released by the last before it then exploded. By the time the explosions would reach the other spirit, it would be a large blast of energy. At this point it was an old west stand still with the two not really moving, and just trading attacks. to someone from the outside, it would seem rather bland, while the result would be from the first person to fail.

Shards of Light, Damage 1,2,3,4,5
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 10:23 pm

My image would fade away as the energy would seem to simply pass straight thru me. (Godspeed - Honed) Coming back into view about 25 feet to the east of my previous position. My eyes glow as I attempt to pierce the mind of my adversary at full strength. (Mind Reaver - Perfected) While I did not wish to harm him, he is in the way to me uncovering that which I am here to find... the answers to who I am and what happened to my people and this place. As I attempt to pierce his mind, the attack would begin as a sharp, crippling pain in the cranium that seems to spread out to the top of the spine and neck region as the pressure and convulsive spasms that would result from the mental attack would hopefully stun him long enough for me to ask a question. Since he is here and seems to be a Kunashi himself, I wonder if his mind has the answers that I am seeking. I inquire of him, "Who are you and what has happened here?"

190/440
Hone: Kunashi - Krodha Transa (1500)
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 11:32 pm

Turning to face the other spirit, the blade would be pointed straight at him. His left arm would raise up, lightly tapping a finger to his helmet. With a smile, his neck would crack before he pulled the sword up and put it behind his back. His hands would come across to each other, tightening the leather pieces of his armored gloves. The question posed to him was a simple one, and was rather direct.

"The keeper of records, and defender of the Kunashi tomb. Trespassers are forbidden inside our sacred halls..."

Lifting up his left arm, he would take a defensive stance while in the air.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper   Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper Empty

Back to top Go down

Kunashi Arc: Scroll 2 - The Gatekeeper
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next