Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

misc changes & new dice roll system question/concerns

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male
Number of posts : 3438
Rep! : 29
Registration date : 2008-12-02

misc changes & new dice roll system question/concerns Empty
PostSubject: misc changes & new dice roll system question/concerns   misc changes & new dice roll system question/concerns EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 1:38 pm

the newly edited breakdown ( http://h2h.site90.com/breakdown.html ) goes over the new dice roll system we'll be using for techs and stuff. read that. discuss here.

no longer will you have a really good chance of doing absolutely nothing with your techniques anymore xD
there's now a reason to roll if you've got something perfected
critical bonus limit breaking roll of doom FTMF Win!

cheers

on another note, the stamina bonuses changed for training lvls
i think some other stuff changed too... >.> i was high
it's all good!

cheers
Back to top Go down
https://wotr.rpg-board.net
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male
Number of posts : 2610
Rep! : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: misc changes & new dice roll system question/concerns   misc changes & new dice roll system question/concerns EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 9:00 pm

The new layout is really dark and blah. Might want to have at least some light vs dark contrast or a color to appeal to the eyes. Right now, it's just really dreary and kinda emo/depressing.

Also, the names of Game Master and other names that used to be light grey are now white and hard to read.

The forum layout should be stretched back out a bit too b/c time stamps are having "hanging pm/am" lines and that looks kinda sloppy. The old setup was the width of my index finger and now the width is equal to my index and middle finger together.

The edges for new topic and post reply need a touch-up on their melding with the background. The season is also currently missing.

The concrete and asphalt background is cool, but you see too much of it. I like how at the bottom of the page, you see the urban scene, but only there. I just think more focus should be on the forum layout like it was before compared to what seems to be too much on "scenery" that doesn't matter. Basically, your yard should never look better than your house imo.

~~~~~~~~

I like the post reply post seems wider. The new dice roll system is much better. It makes more sense that you would still perform the technique, but with much less success and now people with perfected abilities could roll a critical strike.

On the breakdown page, it should say "Status effect/Mode" when telling what the rolls' effects are b/c it took me a while to guess and figure out that Modes would be fall under that category.

I like that each page on the main site now has pictures to kinda add on effect for it. Tho on some of the pages, maybe a border was a good thing b/c the techniques pages look really spread out, so to lazy eyes, it seems like you have to read more b/c instead of everything being in a more compact setup, it's spread out.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: misc changes & new dice roll system question/concerns   misc changes & new dice roll system question/concerns EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 2:23 pm

"Are they salty and hairy, Kyro?"

Kyro: "Nani? (what?)"

"Shin's balls! I'm surprised you can talk while your suckling them so much."

My sig banner used to be centered on the bottom, now b/c everything shrunk so much, it covers the whole damn bottom. I dun get it... the forum gets shrunk, but the main site gets widened to look stretched now. While the theme is nice, the width should return to how it was when the forum hot tabs all fit on the single line and the other fonts don't need a magnifying glass to read. What purpose does all this dead space on the outside serve? It's not even like there is a picture on the sides... just asphalt and concrete. If it's supposed to be for inspiration, how does it inspire anyone outside of Present Earth?

Also, how about we do something with this saga? So we can bring closure to this. I've been waiting for over a week now for a post or something in a saga that is a loose end for my character, but we witness "beautification projects" that I know take up far more time than one post.

Oh and Kyro snores.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: misc changes & new dice roll system question/concerns   misc changes & new dice roll system question/concerns EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 2:37 pm

Psi Prince wrote:
"Are they salty and hairy, Kyro?"

Kyro: "Nani? (what?)"

"Shin's balls! I love them so."

I am gay. My sig banner used to be centered on the bottom, now b/c everything shrunk so much, it covers the whole damn bottom. I dun get it... the forum gets shrunk, but the main site gets widened to look stretched now. While the theme is nice, the width should return to how it was when the forum hot tabs all fit on the single line and the other fonts don't need a magnifying glass to read. What purpose does all this dead space on the outside serve? It's not even like there is a picture on the sides... just asphalt and concrete. If it's supposed to be for inspiration, how does it inspire anyone outside of Present Earth?

Also, how about we do something with this saga? So we can bring closure to this. I've been waiting for over a week now for a post or something in a saga that is a loose end for my character, but we witness "beautification projects" that I know take up far more time than one post.

Oh and Kyro snores.

No one cares.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: misc changes & new dice roll system question/concerns   misc changes & new dice roll system question/concerns EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 3:45 pm

You do or you wouldn't have responded.
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: misc changes & new dice roll system question/concerns   misc changes & new dice roll system question/concerns EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 4:28 pm

It is about time that we actually got a dedicated theme to the site and forum; the last layout was probably supposed to look like MSN… but it didn’t. This is much better IMO. I can see people will have issues with post boxes. As you can see, the gay guy’s avatar stretches the forum currently. Some of the bio’s do as well, you’ll probably want to make things a bit wider in that aspect.

I approve of the current dice roll; it certainly works in my favor for Domen and helps the SL’s keep up with the normals who are able to go above and beyond Honed. At least now, there’s a better chance of defending one’s self and not simply fucking up every technique you try… the old system was a bit harsh.

I approve of your direction thus far; it’s about time you did something, old man.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male
Number of posts : 3438
Rep! : 29
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: misc changes & new dice roll system question/concerns   misc changes & new dice roll system question/concerns EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 12:38 pm

thx for the feedback
still working on things
trying to get a better banner up but in the meantime we'll be rollin like this
i'll look into that other stuff
xD
Back to top Go down
https://wotr.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: misc changes & new dice roll system question/concerns   misc changes & new dice roll system question/concerns Empty

Back to top Go down

misc changes & new dice roll system question/concerns
Page 1 of 1