Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Building Domenance [Closed]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Building Domenance [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Building Domenance [Closed]   Building Domenance [Closed] EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 11:06 pm

Day I (Flashback)

In the first day in the budding empire hosted by the oni known as Domen’Yun, the carpenter brothers would set out about the task of completing their first order. The order as granted from the demon was simple. They were to begin excavation on the cavern as well as start the building of the houses and dwellings to contain them. The cavern excavation would be handled first while the subject of resources was brought up about the later request. Domen spoke with Hakim early in that morning to discuss his expectations. Domen gave permission to Hakim to seek out wood workers and to bring them under Domenyun rule. A golem is left behind after Domen’s departure to follow the orders of Hakim and to assist in any way he could. Hakim carried out his task of finding a solution to the immediate wood issue flawlessly, converting most of his crew to serve in the role of lumberjacks. The caravan wagons would travel to the forest to begin the chopping down and preparing of the wood to be used for their homes. They would spend the bulk of the day felling large trees to be broken down and loaded into the caravan to be carried back. During this time, they speak among themselves about compensation, but Hakim advises that the investment they were putting in would be worth it, and as the clan’s leader, he is able to put his family’s worries to rest. Hakim leads this effort while leaving his oldest and second oldest brothers to remain and work with the process of mapping out the plans for the cavern as well as preparing it to be dug out. At the end of the first day, wood had been gathered and the plans for the first houses had been drawn up. Night falls eventually bringing a close to Day I.
... 310

Day’s Resources
Wood: + 30

Running Total:
Food: 30
Stone: 60
Wood: 30(+30) = 60
Build Points: 200

Last edited by escalation on Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Building Domenance [Closed]   Building Domenance [Closed] EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 3:40 pm

The Beginning of Week I (Flashback)

In the passing days, the crew makes it back out to the forests to continue to collect more wood for the construction of the houses they would build in order to set up their own dwellings. Hakim’s two immediately younger brothers were able to look into the cavern in the time the master was not in it. This seemed to be a lot of time since Domen’yun had a penchant of roaming the surrounding lands and finding powerful demons to fight. After spending the initial day surveying the work the golems did in digging out basically a hole in the side of a cliff face, the brother’s were able to take this knowledge of the cavern and they set up a work bench where they drew up plans for the layout of the cavern across a large tan scroll. After the plan was created, much excavation had to be completed on the cavern when the master was not inside of it. They would speak with Hakim about using miners to complete this task, thus killing two birds with one stone. The excavation would have to be done around the living schedule of those who seemed to be in it. If from time to time either Rei or Kazakura would be left in the cavern, they would work around them. With this information, Hakim would voice to Domen’yun that they would require more workers specialized in different areas, stating that as carpenters they could only do so much. Accepting this, Domen charged Hakim in finding people for this and that he would look as well. Just miner’s were to be brought on board and sought out to increase their numbers to something that could work, freeing up the carpenters to put their full focus to building. Domen went into the deserts for his search for miners.
… 305

Resources:
Wood: +30

Running Total:
Stone: 60
Wood: 60(+30) = 90
Build Points: 200
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Building Domenance [Closed]   Building Domenance [Closed] EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 9:08 pm

(Flashback)

The days continue to push on in the kingdom of Domenance. By now the initial workers directly beneath the carpenter brothers had gotten into the groove of things and how they would work. Each day, Hakim was actively requesting contractors to come and assist with the work with a promise of a future payoff, but many were skeptical about working in such a manner. By this time, rumors had started to move through the desert about a village in the making near the eastern coast that was ruled by a goliath among men. Due to the fact that Domen seemed to kill all who witnessed some portion of his power when roaming about, the rumors would be limited to stories of a man who could levitate since that was an activity that Domen performed regularly to travel from one place to another. This would not go without recourse as curiosity sent a scouting party by the name of The Bandits of Ri to seek out and ravage the village under construction. Using only his apprentice, Domen counters the threat leaving one male alive as a warning to any others who would approach. In such fashion work continued as normal, but it would not be without movements behind the scenes, where those who sent the nights of Ri would take their defeat as a warning that something had to be done. Luckily this would not be on proportions to alert the leaders of the city yet, just bandits and mercenaries who found the remote parts of the desert were their homes. Not willing to give it up easily, plans of sabotage begin to be worked on. Until the fruition of these plans, work would move as normal with the newly hired miners starting excavation within the master’s lair and harvesting the byproduct as stone.
… 303

Resources:
Wood: +30
Stone: +60

Running Total:
Stone: 60(+60) = 120
Wood: 90(+30) = 120
Build Points: 200(+50) = 250
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Respected Elder
Kazakura

Female
Number of posts : 1880
Rep! : 37
Registration date : 2010-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Building Domenance [Closed]   Building Domenance [Closed] EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 10:36 am

Work was continuing as normal in the soon to be bases of operations for the demon known as Domen'yun. With so many people having been recruited by both Domen and Kazakura, construction on the temple and Lair as well as the surrounding area was going as planned with few setbacks. Kazakura had set about recruiting farmers, miners, and lumberjacks from various other places. Not as many as Domen but some were willing to follow her as well. Such as those she was recruiting from the island of Shima. The carpenters would be here within the next few days lead by her uncle. It was job and could bring in more money to the island. Plus with the clan being what they were, they would take any job that paid well. Especially dealing with building. Kazakura watched a lot of the building of the temple, curious as to how it would be constructed. Stone was brought in by the miners from the cave they were making into their Lord's abode, wood was being brought in from the forest far beyond the borders. Of course that was the longest trek for materials. Farmers were busy plant fields far from the center in order to produce food to feed all of these workers. And of course when the extra carpenters came from the island, then they would begin to help in the building of the empire. And of course the merchants from the desert were bringing in what little money they could to help the cause.

Resources:
Wood: 70
Stone: 110
Food: 480 (60 x 8 per week)
Shinny: 150
Build Points: 50

Running Total:
Food: 30 + (480) = 510
Stone:120 + (110) = 230
Wood:120 + (70) = 190
Shinny: 0 + (150) = 150
Build Points: 250 + (50) = 300
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Respected Elder
Kazakura

Female

PostSubject: Re: Building Domenance [Closed]   Building Domenance [Closed] EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 12:51 pm

Another day goes on in the building of Domenance into a village and then from there into an empire. The building going on at the cliff and beyond was the seat of power. Under the building the miners were busy finishing up the residence of Domen'yun, the self proclaimed ruler of this land. They were carving out rooms and ventilation systems. The only entrance into his abode was to either scale the cliff or fly. But the carpenters were steadily working on the glass for the entrance as well as the houses for the workers. They worked around the clock, around each of the different aspects of their Lord's life. Including the priestess, Kazakura, when she was in residence and Rei, their lord's disciple. The merchants were bringing in money as the days wore on. The Farmers were working on crops and irrigation. The lumberjacks were bringing supplies from the far off forests. The newest miners that the priestess had brought we working on rerouting a river so that water would fall over the entrance to hide if from those that could fly. This would take a grand effort but they were still working on it none the less. So far everything was going smoothly in the starter village where Hakim ruled the workers with an iron hand. Since those workers that did not work up to standard were missing by morning. But as usual, those of Hakim's clan were the best at what they do that was why they were left in peace to work on the orders and wishes of their new lord and master.

Resources:
Wood: 70
Stone: 110
Shinny: 150
Build Points: 50

Running Total:
Food: 510
Stone: 230 + (110) = 340
Wood: 190 + (70) = 260
Shinny: 150 + (150) x (20) = 6000
Build Points: 300 + (50) = 350
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Building Domenance [Closed]   Building Domenance [Closed] EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 7:10 pm

With the building of my empire, I had made several allies in a short amount of time. I couldn’t help but think that fate was in the motion of weaving things so that even more would be pulled towards me. If there were ever a mate that I had in my lifetime, it would be the Lady of Fate. She always bent to my will, while rejecting others; only a true god such as myself would be able to tame such a powerful force. It came to pass that I showed myself before Hakim and his brothers one night after the day time work had been completed. For the amount of people we had, things were coming along nicely. Still there needed to be more. Hakim pleaded on the behalf of his family and sought my approval for more carpenters to assist with the work. Wood was starting to come in faster than they were able to build, and as such, I would allow it and make it happen. As much as I came to count on him, I knew his true job was in leading his men, much like any leader should. I would have to delegate someone to liaison between those who were to work for me in the future and between Qyn and the Priestess, I felt I had two resources I could fully tap. Aside from the work being down on the settlement that was becoming Domenance, money began to come in through the efforts of Qyn and Harlie as I found the taxes on Harlem bringing in adequate daily surplus. This money would be profit after the workers and security forces were paid and would spill over allowing my servants greater flexibility in spreading money between the contracted farmers, lumberjacks and miners. All seemed to be going according to plan.
… 305

Resources:
Farmers: 60
Miners: 110
Lumberjacks: 70
Carpenters: 50
Merchants: 150

Running Total:
Food: 510 (Next Harvest: 4/26)
Stone: 340 + (110) = 450
Wood: 260 + (70) = 330
Build Points: 350 + (50) = 400
Shinny: 6000 + (3000) = 9000
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Respected Elder
Kazakura

Female

PostSubject: Re: Building Domenance [Closed]   Building Domenance [Closed] EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 7:59 am

I stood upon the edge of the cliff and watched them work. The carpenters from my own home island had arrived and we expected the Hunters from Tara Mura any day. Paco and I had gone there in hopes of speeding up food production and gaining a little bit of meat for the table. Since apparently his master ate just never with me. Hakim had seemed overly happy with the carpenters. When questioned, I found out that he had spoken to Domen'Yun about carpenters. It was enough to make me shake my head. But the building was coming along nicely. It seemed that I effectively took over while Domen was absent to over see the building of his empire. At least on this front. The fairy, Paco had told of his merchants in the desert and I soon realized that this was where the money was coming in from. With the new carpenters, the lumber was now being used as quickly if not quicker than it was being brought into the area. Mining was still in process for stone and other ore and Domen's residence was coming along faster than anything else. Hakim had began to let me in on the plans so that I could better equip myself for what was needed. Everything seemed to be going to Domen’Yun’s plans at least on this end. Overall I had an inkling that fate had a hand in everything that was going on here. And I seemed to be caught in that wheel for better or for worse.

Resources:
Carpenters: 50 +30 (Update)

Running Total:
Food: 510 (Next Harvest: 4/26)
Stone: 450 + (110) = 560
Wood: 330 + (70) = 400
Build Points: 400 + (80) = 480
Shinny: 9000 + (3000) = 12,000
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Respected Elder
Kazakura

Female

PostSubject: Re: Building Domenance [Closed]   Building Domenance [Closed] EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 1:54 pm

Work continued as usual for those building the empire of the Oni known as Domen'Yun. Hakim ws efficient as ever as they steadily built up the area around the cliff. The Merchants in the desert tent city of Harlem, were constantly sending in their profits to their new lord and master. The miners had all but hollowed out the area that the Oni Lord would reside and had stared to look for another place on the rocky cliffs a bit further south in which to mine for the stone and minerals that would be needed to created Domen'Yun's vision. Hakim had the glass blown and shaped and fitted over the mouth of the cave so that it would be protected from the storms. A river had been cut through the area in order to create the waterfall that would cover the doorway. It was currently dammed off and waiting until they were totally finished in the cave. The Farmers had brought in their next set of harvest and the lumberjacks were going strong. All was going well and peaceful in this area. It was like a well oiled machine. The hunters would soon be here to help provide meat to the Lord's table. Some of the Farmers were even raising livestock to help out that. Meat would be a good thing but like farming it took time to get it. the hunters would get us food quickly.Sometimes it helped to employ all kinds of employees to help build your empire.

Resources:
Carpenters: 80

Running Total:
Food: 510+ 480= 990
Stone: 560 + (110) = 670
Wood: 400 + (70) = 470
Build Points: 480 + (80) = 560
Shinny: 12,000 + (3000) = 15,000
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Respected Elder
Kazakura

Female

PostSubject: Re: Building Domenance [Closed]   Building Domenance [Closed] EmptyMon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Everyday it seemed like more and more items were getting marked as completed on the list. Hakim was doing as he had promised. Making everything roll smoothly. Buildings were coming along, the stone was being quarried from a different spot since the work on the cliff side residence was completed. The marble walls had been difficult to complete, but with Hakim's guidance, it had been done almost perfectly. A few spots had remained that he personally saw to but all in all it was complete. The furnishings and fabrics had been brought by the priestess and parts of Hakim's family as they moved back and forth from Hejar to Domenance. The lumber was steadily moving in each day, along with the money. Domenance seemed to be prospering as it was built. Hunters had been added to the farmers. Since they both brought in food. The carpenters were steadily building the houses and parts of the temple. This was turning out to be a good time to build since most people left the fledgling village to their own devices. Although Hakim had received rumors of the Scorpion king in the desert wanting to either dominant or destroy Domen'yun. The rumors spoke of this King of the lower desert as a man capable of summoning power demon's to work for him. And that he wanted Domenance for himself. But still the work continued as Hakim continued to ferret out the rumors to see if they were true. So far nothing had come of it.

Resources:
Miners: 180
Carpenters: 80
Hunter: 15

Running Total:
Food: (990 + 15) + 480(May 4)= 1005
Stone: 670 + (110) = 780
Wood: 470 + (70) = 540
Build Points: 560 + (80) = 640
Shinny: 15,000 + (3000) = 18,000
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Building Domenance [Closed]   Building Domenance [Closed] EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 12:30 am

Updated
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Building Domenance [Closed]   Building Domenance [Closed] EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 6:41 pm

Building Domenance – 9/14/10

Hakim, the overseer of the capital, wakes up early in the morning from his wooden and straw bed. His eyes open as he notices the rays of the sun entering in from the window of the house which he and his family created; one of many in the land of Domenance. His large frame rises as he wakes himself, rubbing his eyes with the back of his weathered hand. Standing up, he proceeds towards breakfast to continue the duty of overseeing and building the Lord’s kingdom.

After enjoying a hearty breakfast with his family members, he and his brothers begin to move out to start the day of work. Thus far, the temple of Domenance had been erected and stood at the edge of the lands upon a cliff overlooking to oceans beyond. It would be a landmark to sailors and fishermen; a monument to the Lord of Domenance. Now open, it would serve as a temple for the citizens of Domenance to offer praise to their glorious ruler, Domen’yun. At the moment, the Lord of Domenance would not be within the city; but in theory and teachings, he watched over his people from wherever he was.

This day was dedicated to the continued erection of small houses. Thus far, there were just about 20 houses in the village to go along with the underground seaside Palace of Domenance and the temple. For the growing and incoming populace, more homes would have to be built. The layout was creation more of a circled section of the shops and market areas in a semi circle radius outside of the main temple and place area which was on elevated land. Residential houses and such were sectioned in a semi circle beyond the mercantile district. The closer residences were already built, consisting of what would basically be the nobility of Domenance; Hakim and his family as well as the various leaders of lesser men would have their houses closest to the temple area. Beyond that were plans for a wall and smaller houses fit for the lower classes of the society.

Hakim would reach the build site with the other contracted carpenters and hold a small meeting about the day’s work before the carpenters would break into groups to begin construction. The plots would be set ahead of time with multiple houses being built up at once with the main goal to complete before the week.

403 | + 4 Carpenters
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Building Domenance [Closed]   Building Domenance [Closed] EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 5:42 pm

Building Domenance - First Harvest – 9/15/10

Hakim crouches atop a small house as he inspects the work of the hired craftsmen. There are workers scattered about the area working on the other structure that were currently under construction in this small area of Domenance. Things go smoothly in this area; his gaze lowers as he notices a horse drawn cart make its way through the street adjacent to the building. Lifting a large weathered hand, he calls out, “good morrow, Mallus.” The driver of the coach looks up and lifts his arm as he waves back, “greetings in passing friend.” A smile graces his lips as he returns his attention to the animals he was in the process of driving. Holding their reigns steady, he controls their speed as they move away from the market place to head into the fields. Already, the surplus from the market had been loaded onto the back of the large wagon, it was a caravan consisting of double what a normally cart would draw, thus requiring the extra horse power to pull. His route takes him towards the fields where the remainder of the surplus would be gathered and taken to neighboring villages to be sold by the merchants. Aside from the surplus that would be sold to market, another large portion would be used internally to help nourish those working internally in the distant mining areas and desert settlements under the influence of Domenance.

As he approaches the field lands well outside the residential districts of Domenance, similar carts could be seen littered about the lands. It was harvest time and Mallus was expecting a substantial profit in trade and bartering. Thanks to the efforts of the servants of the Lord of Domenance, mainly Qyn, the diplomat, things had been relatively peaceful with the neighboring villages.

Mallus comes to a stop as he reaches the edge of one field. The workers there greet him, a mixture of new blood as well as those who’ve worked with him for years before his ‘promotion’ into the ranks of Domenance. With a gentle smile, he welcomes them and calls out, “let’s load up.”

+3 Hunter/Gatherers

Sent to UYB

Last edited by escalation on Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Building Domenance [Closed]   Building Domenance [Closed] EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 12:05 pm

Building Domenance - The Addition of Slicbaq – 9/19/10

The small fairy flies through the air with the greatest of ease on his way back from Harlem, bringing work from the master. On arrival, the fairy floated at a decent altitude looking over the village of Domenance below him. His ears seek out the sound of hammers which brings his gaze to one of the areas under construction where the carpenter ants, as Paco referred to them, would be located. From there, the small fairy flies downwards in search for Hakim. After being pointed the correct direction by several busy carpenters, the fairy finds Hakim standing in the middle of a half constructed small house, looking over a scroll and inspecting the various portions of it. Hakim looks up and notices the fairy’s approach, welcoming, “good morrow, Paco. What brings you to me?” The fairy stop after getting a couple feet away and hovers in the air, standing casually as he answers, “the master is just about ready to assist Peasant Rei with the upbuilding of Harlem.” Hakim nods, rolling up the paper and comments, “the master does set a swift course, does he not?” The fairy grins and nods in agreement before stating, “you’re in charge for finding new workers.” Hakim folds his arms and pauses to think for a moment; he comment, “well be needing more lumber jacks and miners to keep up with the amount of builders we have.” With a nod, he looks to the fairy and comments, “assure the master that it will be taken care of, swiftly.” Paco grins and gives a thumbs up before turning with a, “see you” before flying off.

In the days that followed, Hakim would put the next to eldest brother in charge as he would meet with Mallus who would be bringing back the funds gained by the Harvest. After depositing the funds into the Lord’s treasury, Mallus and Hakim would journey to the neighboring villages, offering paid work to the able bodied men there who were skilled with lumber and mining activities. The price of said men evened out to roughly 150 S per male in this region, which worked out well enough, below the highest current market value. In their campaigning, Mallus and Hakim came across a man by the name of Slicbaq who introduced himself skilled in the business of recruiting work; thus he was interviewed and brought on board temporarily based on how things would turn out with his performance.

+ 4 Hunter/Gatherers
+ 500 workers @ 150 S per worker (+200 lumberjacks, +200 miners, +100 Carpenters)
- 75,000 S
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Building Domenance [Closed]   Building Domenance [Closed] EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 8:33 pm

Building Domenance – The Seed of Treachery - 9/22/10

The sun slowly lowers in the west as an amber tint glows down over Domenance after another productive day. The work day was coming to a close; many men walking the path from work would head either to their homes, or the local taverns depending on their personal lives. Having overseen the construction of more buildings in the capital, Hakim finds himself walking towards his home while pulling off his gloves. Like after many hard days, the thought of returning to his warm hold with his expecting wife was a comforting thought. A voice pulls his at attention as it calls his name from the shadows of an alleyway. The figure who spoke was leaning casually against a walk, pressing a burgundy cane into the ground as a secondary propping point to his casual lean. Pausing, Hakim turns to the voice to see that it was the recently hired People Merchant who went by the name of Slicbaq. “Slicbaq,” Hakim speaks, “what an odd positioning you take in order to draw my attention. What it is you seek from me?” Slicbaq is blunt as he speaks, “ah-we need to have a talk.”

The two find themselves walking away from the main settlement of Domenance entering into the emptied farmlands that surrounded the outsides of the village. Hakim pauses in his walking as he stands his ground and speaks, “This is far enough. What is it that you wish to speak of outside the range of the village?” The dark male turns and places both hands on the top of his cane, holding it to the ground in front of him as he starts out speaking, “who is your treasurer?” Hakim questions, “What? Why do you ask this?” Slicbaq inquires once more, “ah-I asked, who… is your treasurer?”

After a conversation and they both part ways, Hakim finds himself entering into his house thinking about the words which Slicbaq commented: “I see, so you’re developing a nation, with no treasurer in charge of all this money you’re bringing in. You don’t do no audits, no inventory, no numbers, no nothing… just your Lord’s servants bring in the money into the treasury… Ah-sir… you cannot have a treasury without a treasurer… and while you’re at it, I’d look into how much you actually trust Mallus…” His wife welcomes him home; and though he attempts to put on a smile to her greeting, his mind wonders about the intent in Slicbaq’s words.

+ 4 Merchants
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Building Domenance [Closed]   Building Domenance [Closed] EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 5:50 pm

Building Domenance - Summary - 9/23/10

A few days pass since the conversation between Slicbaq and Hakim. Since then, Hakim had asked some of his younger brothers to keep an eye on Mallus and to see if there was any merit to Slicbaq’s warnings. As usual, Slicbaq was skilled in getting new, incoming workers into the land of Domenance. He seemed to be almost as influential as Qyn in his ability to speak with people and achieve results. The growth continued in a restless pace within Domenance. The Lord of Domenance had expressed his will for both the capital and Harlem to grow large enough to support much of the workforce of Domenance before heavy construction would be started on Ascenxion. During this time, Mukesh was put in charge of preparing that land and tending to the remnants of the native population consisting only of women and very young children. When promised free brides, single workers within our ranks moved to the location as a forward party before heavy construction would take place there in the future.

As per Qyn’s advice, Harlem would begin having grounds prepared for permanent structures to be built to include the food storage houses and supply areas. Rei was placed in charge of much of the architecture here as close attention had to be paid to building design, ventilation and cooling, as they were in a desert after all. With the capital well under construction and heading in the right direction, the next step would be the planning of the Wall of Domenance that would protect the main village from ground invasion. It would have to cover a wide area, but luckily it was one of the main reasons that stone ore was being stock piled at the great rate it was as well as worker forces; its completion was inevitable.

+ 3 Carpenters
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Building Domenance [Closed]   Building Domenance [Closed] EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 4:11 pm

Building Domenance – Briefing the Lord – 9/24/10

Worked continued on in the land of Domenance, as it was an ongoing venture. The lumberjacks continued to chop wood, the builders continued to build, the miners continued to mine, etc. The main chamber of the seaside temple was occupied with the servants of Domenance. The temple’s inside would resemble a large audience chamber with a golden throne near the area where the alter would be and a red carpet spanning the length of the temple and leading down to the front door. There are no pews as those in this room were to either stand or kneel. Chandeliers would hang from the ceiling with the ceiling artwork depicting various genesis reminiscent scenes including the likeness of the lord of Domenance. Candles would line the side walls in decorative holders matching with the feel of the room. Currently, the Lord of Domenance would be seated at his throne with only his immediate trusted servants in attendance. Notably among the group would be Slicbaq, Mallus and Hakim. Neither the representative of the miners would not be in attendance, nor would the head lumberjack. The Lord of Domenance is briefed on the current status of the domain. After the briefing, he speaks on his wish to begin recruiting for his militia. He advises that Qyn would be in charge of this venture. Obviously if money were to come into play, then he would need to know how much was accessible. A pivotal moment comes when the Lord inquires on the sum within the nation’s treasury while looking to Hakim. Before Hakim speaks, Mallus respectfully interjects and advises the estimate account given the new harvest. The Lord of Domenance takes this into account and the meeting progresses. Hakim’s gaze shifts to Mallus who ignores him before turning his attention back to Domen; the numbers did not seem to be right in his opinion. Looking across them both, Slicbaq would have noted the momentarily invisible conflict.

+ 3 Carpenters
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Building Domenance [Closed]   Building Domenance [Closed] EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 7:10 pm

Building Domenance – A Humble Request – 9/27/10

The lord of Domenance would promenade through his lands casually walking about the capital with his hands behind his back and his gaze carefully examining the growth of his village. Things seemed to be going well. Qyn was locating the means for a military and the people of the land were hard at work doing their various tasks, save for one who was in the process of attempting to elevate his own position. As the Lord progressed through the streets with an odd entourage consisting of a fairy and a large feline beast, a mortal walks thankfully to his side. This mortal would be Mallus, the man in charge of the agricultural expansion of Domenance. The context of the conversation would be his briefing on the state of the crops and what was needed in order to continue grown and rotate the crops. The Lord of Domenance made it clear that he cared not for the particulars and advised Mallus to continue to do well in his job. Graciously accepting his lord’s words, Mallus made a request of his master. Looking towards him, the Lord of Domenance granted him to speak, to which he inquired if he should head over the other servants of Domenance, making himself the middle man between the Lord and his vessels. He makes the point that, though Hakim was a good man, he might not be as book smart as needed, and the fact that his family made up a large portion of the carpenter faction could possibly be a conflict of interest. Mallus assures the Lord of Domenance his only wish is to better the land of Domenance and to be a better servant. After thinking on his request, the Lord advises the vassal to simple comply with his current position and that there would be no changes in structure. He is shown favor for attempting to be helpful, but ultimately denied. With that, Mallus is dismissed. With a deceptive smile, hiding his frustration, Mallus departs from the Lord to see to the farmer’s associations.

+3 Hunter/Gatherers
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Building Domenance [Closed]   Building Domenance [Closed] EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 7:09 pm

Building Domenance – An Ambush in the Crop Fields – 9/28/10

Several days pass with no large developments as Domenance and Harlem both begin to flesh out in greater detail. All parts of the system seemed to be working well. Qyn performed in his role as a diplomat to other villages to mitigate the mistrust of the growing empire as trade deals continued with the smaller surrounding areas about Domenance. Not much work had been done with Ascenxion, but the focus remained on walling the city and building up its interior. At the end to another day, Hakim finds himself finishing up a day’s work. After dismissing those about him, most of the builders of the city began to leave the building sites. While stepping out of a construction site into the main street, Hakim comes to notice Mallus who passes by on a beast drawn cart. Mallus brings the cart to a halt and in calling out to Hakim, Mallus beckons him forth. Hakim removes his workers gloves while walking towards the cart as he greets, “good eve, Mallus. You’re gainfully busy I see.” Mallus nods heartily and speaks, “I’m heading to check a possible plight on the north fields. My field hand is away, care to come with me for company?” Hakim looks towards the direction of his home before looking back to Mallus. He nods and accepts the offer out of respect for his fellow noble and approaches the cart, pulling himself into the front portion alongside Mallus. “Thank you for the company,” Mallus speaks before he snaps the reigns and pulls forwards.

Time passes and the two come to stop at a far distance from the capital at the edge of a field divide. The beasts stand passively as Mallus disembarks from the cart along with Hakim. Hakim takes a few steps away from the cart, looking over the lands as Mallus comes around and begins to walk into them. “Be careful to step in the ruts here,” Mallus speaks casually while walking as he explains, “do you know much of a plight?” Hakim carefully begins into the field of thigh high crops as he admits, “I do not know much beyond carpentry.” Mallus crouches in the fields as if inspecting something. Speaking back to Hakim, he comments, “plight is decay… it starts off small, but before you know it, it can destroy an entire field…” With a short grunt, he stands up and dusts his hands off. Suddenly there is a noise of rustling about them and men in black garments rise up. Mallus questions, “bandits, here?” One of the men in black, rush towards Mallus and thrusts a knife into his stomach. Unable to defend against it, Mallus makes a croaking noise as he falls back into the fields on his back. The male and the four others with him, turn their attention to Hakim. Unsure of what was going on, Hakim readies himself and reaches to his side, pulling out a hammer.

After a hard fought battle, Hakim holds his blooded right arm, with his left. His clothing was torn and there were bruises and lacerations about his body. He stumbles slightly, looking over to where Mallus had fallen. He had been able to kill two of the men, but their bodies were taken away by the others who had survived. In the distance, he is able to hear his name yelled loudly by his brothers who had come to see what was taking him so long to return. His name being yelled at a distance is the last thing he remembers before stumbling forwards and falling onto his stomach in the bloody field.

+6 Hunter/Gatherers
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Building Domenance [Closed]   Building Domenance [Closed] EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 5:22 pm

Building Domenance – The Rise of Mallus – 9/29/10

In the days after the attack, the carpenters of the land had to be lead by the second eldest brother in Hakim’s clan. As it would turn out, Mallus’s injuries were nonfatal as well to a lesser degree as Hakim. The priestess Karakura was the only one, thus far, in the kingdom who had the ability to magically accelerate healing, but with her gone and away from the kingdom, both men were forced to heal naturally. Mallus was able to recover from bed rest after three days to return to minding and leading the fields. During this week, however, Hakim remained in unconscious from his injuries and remained in bed at home under the care of his wife and those skilled in healing. During this time, Mallus assured the Lord of Domenance that this infraction would not delay the building of Domenance in any way. He personally took command from Hakim’s brother and lead over factions of the Guild of Carpentry while managing the Guild of Agriculture at the same time. While Mallus was doing so much for the kingdom, there were rumors spread throughout the shady traders of the Guild of Mercantile stating that it was Hakim who had set an ambush for the noble and pure Mallus. They questioned how convenient it was for Hakim’s brothers to arrive to check on them and speculated that Hakim’s injuries were exaggerated. Mallus would not allow this to deter progress, however. He worked closely with the Guild of Lumber and the Guild of Mercantile in order to assure that progress was greater than it previously was. In his briefings, he brought his results before the Lord of Domenance who judged his efforts praiseworthy. Mallus seemed to be progressing well within the Land of Domenance while Hakim’s reputation began to decline greatly.

+ 3 Merchants
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Respected Elder
Kazakura

Female

PostSubject: Re: Building Domenance [Closed]   Building Domenance [Closed] EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 5:34 pm

Building Domenance – Enter Murdock– 10/2/10

Whispers in the major villages haunted the ears of certain individuals. “a village springing up in the south.”
“Ruled by a god among men”
“a priestess resides with him”
“He must indeed be a true god”
After hearing many variations of these rumors. These certain individuals wanted more for themselves than meeking out a simple living around this cow dung of a village. They were good carpenters but they were rather self serving. Led by simple man by the name of Murdock, then began their journey towards the realm of Domenance in hopes for an easier and faster way of making a better life for themselves. Murdock was a simple man of simple tastes. His simple tastes included money, power, and of course women. His merry band of carpenters were the same way. It all boiled down to one important, if simple saying, amongst them. “If it feels good then it is good.” They use to be a merry band of thieves until such time as the leaders in said villages began to weed them out and destroy their numbers. So under the guise of being skilled laborers, which they were, they began to meek out a living. But now, they saw themselves as being able to advance. Their plan… to move up in the ranks of Laborers as quickly as possible, taking out anyone who stood in the way. With these things in mind, they traveled south until they came to the village of Domenance. Where they greeted Hakim’s brother and offered their services. And they were accepted, since carpenters were always needed.

After assessing the situation, they found Mallus and asked for a sit down in private. So in the middle of the night, in the back room of a storehouse of grain, they sat around the table. Mallus looking at them with narrowed eyes, “you asked for this meeting. Now tell me what for”
Murdock smiled benevolently at the farmer. “I can help you. Rumors say that you and Hakim are not on very friendly terms.”
Mallus blinked and narrowed his eyes further. “Who are you?”
The smile on Murdock’s face grew wider “Your best friend or your worse enemy. Its up to you.”
Mallus drew back a bit. And Murdock continued speaking in his low baritone. “I can help you take out Hakim.”
Shocked Mallus shock his head before thinking about. Harshly his hand cut down in a motion of negating before he spoke, “You are speaking of murder. I will have none of that”
“but isn’t that why you hired those bandits?” Mallus was stunned at such brazen comments. He sat stunned. Murdock stood and walked towards the door still smiling, “I will let you think on it a bit. Then you can come find me. We will talk then. Just remember Mallus. I have ears everywhere.” With that, Murdock left chuckling to himself. Mallus just sat there for a long time wondering what he should do. Did Murdock know more than he let on, or was he just fishing in the dark for something to use against him. What could this mean? Who was this carpenter from the north.

+5 carpenters
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Respected Elder
Kazakura

Female

PostSubject: Re: Building Domenance [Closed]   Building Domenance [Closed] EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 4:13 pm

Building Domenance – Gossiping– 10/3/10

"The High Priestess has returned" was the words that Hakim's wife blurted happily as she served the evening meal. Hakim almost dropped his mug in complete lack of dignity as he watched his wife happily conversing with her sister over the matter. This was good news, he would have to go down and inform her of the Master's quest.

After informing her of the quest, Hakim came back to his dinner table with his wife still buzzing and gossiping about it with her sister. "Where do you think she went?"
"I do not know"
"She was gone such a long time."
"Hakim was she looking alright? Do I need to take her something to eat? She must be famished"

Hakim just looked at his wife and shook his head. The woman was like a mother hen, still they did owe the priestess for bringing the Master to Hejar that faithful day. His low voice answered his wife, "I do not think she needs too much in the way of anything. Although she was a bit on the skinny side."
"Obviously, she has not been eating properly" her sister agreed with her at this point. And they began to speculate about the places the priestess might have disappeared too. Hakim could have cared less where she had been, she was back and hopefully that would please the Master. He took a sip of the ale as his wife was heard to say, "It's better this way, now Lord Domen can finally get some stress relief" This caused him to spit out the brew and sputter.
"Woman! Do not talk so"
"Well its true!" She humphed and shot her husband a shrewd look, "He might be a god among men, but he still has needs!" Hakim looked at his wife in disbelief.
"I thought you liked the priestess"
"I do, husband. But it is clear that the Lord Domen is in love with her and is at a loss on how to deal with it. You men. Always thinking that love is weakness."
"I will not participate in gossiping about the life of our Lord and Master. Its just not right" Another humph and silence from his wife. With that he chuckled and pushed his plate away from himself. "Well, woman, I have work to do. We have a few new carpenters that need to be handled."

These carpenters had come from Hejar and he knew just how to deal with them, those new ones from the north gave him a bad feeling and they were rather lazy about their work. He would have to find a way to get them to work more efficiently. With that he went back out of his home and back to the construction site.

+4 carpenters
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Respected Elder
Kazakura

Female

PostSubject: Re: Building Domenance [Closed]   Building Domenance [Closed] EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 6:26 pm

Building Domenance – Enter Levi – 10/13/10

And so life went on within Domenance with nothing much to talk about until the day that Hakim came home to find himself surrounded by women. His family clustered about him, talking and yelling at each other until he roared them into silence. His wife looked at him and he asked, “What is going on in here?” His wife replied holding a letter out to him. AS he read it he started to smile. “SO your brother wants to come down here to work?”
“Husband, are you going let him come?”
Hakim thought about, there was no doubt that his brother in law, Levi was a damn fine carpenter. But there was no love lost between them. His brother in law was still angry at him for kidnapping his little sister so many years ago. But that was the past. He had married the girl so no harm done, right? But Levi still held him responsible and now was asking for a place for his friends and family to work. Well there was only one thing be done. He would have to put all those old feelings aside, the man had tried to kill him, and accept the help. At least Levi would help him against those fools. He could swear that Mallus was out to get him killed and take his spot with the master. Alright there was muttering going on. He had not planned the attack on Mallus, if so why did Mallus ask him to meet him in the field.
Hakim sat down and began to write his letter to Levi and explained how things worked down here. With the dawn he sent off the letter to the man that might be able to help him stand against Mallus. Levi would be a thorn in Mallus’ side with the knowledge that Mallus was trying to harm the family that included his little sister. Perhaps they could work together. Hakim was always willing to try.

+3 carpenters
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Respected Elder
Kazakura

Female

PostSubject: Re: Building Domenance [Closed]   Building Domenance [Closed] EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 6:50 pm

Building Domenance – Waiting on Levi – 10/14/10

Levi received the letter from his brother in law and read over it a few times before consulting his men. It seemed like there was a threat there against Hakim. And no matter what lay between the two men, if stood to reason that if something happened to Hakim his sister would be affected. That would not be stood for, so he gathered his tools and his men into wagons. Dawn broke and the sun rose slowly into the sky. As the sun crested to the middle of the sky as an orange ball of light, the carpenters were ready to move out. It would take them a few days to make it to Domenance. The caravan was not that long with a few men and their families traveled to their new home. The sun began to sink into the sky of the first day of travel.

…During this day, Hakim continued his work with his men on the housing and other buildings of Domenance. There was a murmur amongst them as they awaited the arrival of Levi, the boss’ brother-in-law. Rumors flew around the carpenters as they worked. Hakim dismissed the rumors as hearsay since it was exactly what it was. His family began to keep the workers informed about the real story of their relationship….

Dawn broke and the camp packed up back into the wagons as they continued their travels through the day. It was a hot grueling pace they set, but they were nomads so it was easy enough to keep this pace for them. Some of the men with them were fighters more than carpenters, but no one needed to know that except Levi. They needed protection on the road and this was what they had. Fighters in the family. The sun began to sink on the second day of travel and they made camp.

…During this day, Mallus heard of the rumors of more of Hakim’s family coming to work. That spelled a bit harder work for him. But when he heard of the dislike this man had of Hakim, he began to think of ways to use that for himself. It wouldn’t be that hard to talk him into join his ranks and he might have an ally in this new man. He would have to try to talk to him after he got here, since that would be the best time to drip honeyed venom into his ears and poison his mind. Now to watch and wait..

+4 carpenters
Back to top Go down
Kazakura
Respected Elder
Kazakura

Female

PostSubject: Re: Building Domenance [Closed]   Building Domenance [Closed] EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 10:59 pm

Building Domenance – Welcoming Levi – 10/20/10

Finally Levi and his men arrived at Domenance and Hakim welcomed him with open arms. Hakim’s wife was seen to be crying and sobbing as her brother and her husband seemed to make amends with each other. Mallus growled as he watched and hoped it was all just for show and that he could convince Levi that Hakim was hurting his sister. After the rejoicing, work began in earnest. A few days before Levi and his men had arrived, a demonic army had attacked and destroyed parts of the fledgling village. So with that in mind, they worked through the nights in shifts in order to repair the damage. Hakim had related the story to Levi, telling how the Priestess had even been seen along with the large winged tiger, fighting to protect the village. But then the Lord himself had come just in time to destroy the army that the Priestess had held at bay. Levi, interested wanted to know more about the ruler of dominance. Hakim took him to the great temple to show him the pictures and murals on the walls. Impressed by the artwork, Levi thought perhaps he could somehow see the priestess.
“Brother, is the priestess seen regularly about the town”
“For the most part, the winged tiger, Kaelas is seen more often sitting out in the fields watching and waiting.”
“So the tiger guards the village”
“Yes. It is said that the Priestess tamed the beast and the Master infused it with his power. That is why it grew so large and powerful.”
“Are the Master and the Priestess married?” Hakim laughed and shook his head.
“It is said they are somehow connected in a way that we mortals could never understand. Something stronger and more than marriage.”
“Do they have children?”
“Not yet, but my wife thinks they should.” It was Levi’s turn to chuckle as they continued their walk. Just then the shadow of the afore mentioned beast was seen as the priestess took flight over the village heading towards the north. Levi’s mouth dropped at the site. Then he smiled, “Magnificant.”
“Yes, she is.”
“The artwork does not do her justice”
“No they do not.” After they agreed on that, they were off to continue their work as the sun began to rise. Nothing more was said as nothing needed to be said. They were there now and the carpenters would be united at least for a little while.

+4 carpenters
Back to top Go down
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male

PostSubject: Re: Building Domenance [Closed]   Building Domenance [Closed] EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 1:10 pm

Sending to UYB
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Building Domenance [Closed]   Building Domenance [Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Building Domenance [Closed]
Page 1 of 1