Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Starting Gear Quest

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female
Number of posts : 336
Rep! : 0
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Starting Gear Quest Empty
PostSubject: Starting Gear Quest   Starting Gear Quest EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 1:56 am

Starting Gear Acquisition Quest
Nina

I walked down the side walk with a bright smile; this was my first time in the city. Though I couldn’t see it all today I was happy with just this little stroll. My aunt had reluctantly agreed to let me go out by myself, I told her I’d just go a few blocks to get some milk then head right back. Yeah well that little walk hand eventually lead me here. I glanced around a moment. Wait, where was here exactly? I began to panic and stared wonder which direction I’d come from. I tried to look at one of the street signs but it meant nothing to me, I was familiar with the roads or districts yet, oh great what now? I thought to myself then saw a pay phone.
“Aha! I’ll just call Aunty and tell here where I am! I’m sure her drive will pick me up in no time!” I said to myself as I run up to the phone. It was in this tall, thin glass box. As I reached for the receiver I saw a tiny sign that read “50 cents a minute” I frowned, why you would need money for a telephone what kind of back water town was thing!? I calmed myself; I still had the money my aunt had given me for the milk. I was sure she wouldn’t mind me using some of it on the call, after all I was her only Niece, she wouldn’t want something to happen to me. I looked around and saw a tiny 7/11 store and stepped inside. I’d just buy a stick of gum and….oh no, as I reached for the money in my bag all I felt was a huge whole.
“Wha!? When did this get here!?” All of my stuff was GONE! The money, my CD player, even my Kamistaff! No! That was gift from my father when I started my karate lessons!! I dashed out of the shop and began running down the street, a Kamistaff would be hard to miss!? Only problem was I wasn’t even sure if I was heading the right way! Oh man this was starting to really bite!

WC: 364
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male
Number of posts : 3978
Rep! : 82

PostSubject: Re: Starting Gear Quest   Starting Gear Quest EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 9:38 pm

Today was one of my days off and that was something good, I enjoy my days off, though I'm sure you could say everyone enjoys the days they don't have to go to work. At least I know I do, though I can't say I don't enjoy the days I work, it brings in money, so I can't really complain. I just had to come up with something to do today, aside from spend time in my apartment, which I have already done and then having decided to get out and walk around the city to enjoy the fresh air and sunny day. Sighing lightly I shifted my gaze around the side walk for a moment before lifting my gaze to the sky, " Now, what shall I do with my time. " I asked myself, falling silent as I continued moving forwards, my gaze still fixed on the sky above me as I began to ponder what exactly I should do today. I began to pay less and less attention to exactly where I was going and what was in front of me. " I could always drop by the Shopping Center and see what they have, or maybe a pit stop at the Ramen Booth to get something to eat.. " I said to myself as I tossed around two possibilities of where I could go to spend some time.

Post WC: 232
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Starting Gear Quest   Starting Gear Quest EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 9:57 pm

Starting Gear Quest Ninaba10
I bolted down the street, trying to avoid the people that were walking at a sane speed and keep an eye out for my missing stuff. Wait was that it? I turned as I saw something on the ground across the street and dashed right in front of a turning car. The screech of the wheels made my heart do a summersault in my chest as I threw myself to the right and onto the adjoining side walk. I did a spine to regain my balance but just smacked into someone else. My already off kilter body bounced off and landed on my rear end with a small thumthup!
“Owww…” I sighed as I rubbed my head. “Sorry, I’m kinda in a hurry” I explained as I got up and brushed some dirt off my skirt. “You didn’t happen to see a staff or a CD player around here did you?” I asked still looking around, as if my things would magical come back if I looked hard enough.

WC: 169 / 533
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Starting Gear Quest   Starting Gear Quest EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 10:12 pm

My failing to pay attention to where I am going and what is going on around me proved to be my downfall. When I felt someone smack into me my attention snapped back to what was going on but it was to late. The force of the impact sent me stumbling back a step or two before I fell to the ground, my glasses falling off and onto the side walk close to the one who had bumped into me. Groaning lightly at the pain I glanced around, squinting my eyes as I tried to locate my glasses but when I heard a female voice I lifted my gaze and looked up at the blurry figure standing before me. By the voice I knew it was a girl. I shook my head faintly. " It's ok, I wasn't paying attention to where I was walking. I'm afraid I can't see anything at the moment.. From the sound of it it seemed as if this girl had lost her things, and that sucked but I had lost something as well and needed to find it, " Um.. Do you see a pair of glasses? " I asked, looking up at her a moment longer before I turn my attention away from her again.

Post WC: 212
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Starting Gear Quest   Starting Gear Quest EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 10:43 pm

I turned and looked at the person I’d crashed into, and instantly felt like a jerk. He looked like such a sweet person, and I’d hit him so hard I’d caused him to lose his glasses.
“Oh um…” I quickly started the search for his lost glasses abandoning my own misfortune for the moment. Then I spotted them a few feet away; luckily I’d missed falling on them! That would have just been great, and then I really would have felt bad. I scrabbled over to grab them but just before I could, a business shoe crushed down on them.
“Ahh!” I screamed as I was too late, I just stared at the crumpled glasses in front of me. I picked them up and handed them to him.
“I’m really sorry, they got mooshed…” I said with tears filling my eyes. “If there’s anything I can do to apologize! I’m so very sorry!” I said.

WC: 155 / 688
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Starting Gear Quest   Starting Gear Quest EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 11:13 pm

I slowly moved a hand across the side walk as I searched for my glasses. " Where are they.. " I said to myself while searching for my glasses. Then I heard it, the familiar sound of my glasses or at least a set of glasses being stepped on by a foot. Crap, now I would have to find my way back to my apartment with out my glasses. Reaching out I took the remains of my glasses from the girl and sigh lightly. The one thing that can really ruin my day, my glasses getting broken and it just happened and I didn't have an extra pair on me. " It's alright. " By the tone of her voice I could tell she was upset and I had to lean in closer to her and squint my eyes more to see her face. Though it was still some what blurry I finally got a look at her face and realized she was crying. " .. Do you think you could help me get back to my apartment? " I asked as I began to slowly climb to my feet, slipping the remains of my glasses into my pocket.

Post WC: 199
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Starting Gear Quest   Starting Gear Quest EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 12:17 am

I felt horrible so of course I agreed. “Sure thing, I mean it’s the least I could do.” I said kindly as I got up from my kneeling position. “Where do you live?” I asked looking around, “Sorry I’m pretty lost, myself, and I don’t know this area very well.” Actually I didn’t know any area very well; it was amazing I could even get to and from the bus stop on my own. I was pretty sure my Aunt was starting to wonder where in the hell I’d run off to, and I did even have my cell. I was sure I’d never hear the end of this when I home, if I ever got home that was. I turned and took his hand and looked to the street. “Hmmm, looks like we are on 1st avenue and Trobaleen Street, which way?” I asked with a more positive tone. There was no sense in freaking out yet, the sun was still up, and I had promised to help. Then I remembered something “Oh! How rude of me, hehe, my names Nina, what’s yours?” I asked with a blush, in all my turmoil I’d forgotten to intro duce myself.

WC: 199 / 887
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Starting Gear Quest   Starting Gear Quest EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 12:24 am

I was pleased to hear that she was willing to help me get home, at least now I wont have to fumble around and look like a fool or ask someone else to help me. When she asked where I lived, I nodded and was about to tell her but paused a moment when she told me she was lost. She must not be from around here. That was alright though, I knew my way around this part of the city pretty well so I could guide her by street names. I took a moment to draw up a mental map of the city and where my apartment was, thought I wasn't exactly sure where I was in this part of the city so I felt a bit lost, with out my glasses I couldn't read the closest street sign. When I felt her take my hand I glanced down at our joined hands and blushed a bit as I quickly turned my gaze away. When she spoke again and told me what the street names were I nodded again and thought for a moment, now I was able to figure out the best way to get back to my apartment. Again I was about to speak with the way to go when she spoke again and this time I felt a bit rude as well, like her I didn't give my name. Nodding I smiled, " It's a pleasure to meet you Nina, my name is Seth. We need to go down Trobaleen for about two blocks and then take a right. " I said with a nod.

Post WC: 269
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Starting Gear Quest   Starting Gear Quest EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 4:05 pm

I nodded back to him and lead us across the street, this time watching for the cars. After walking in silence for awhile I spoke up “I really am sorry, Seth” I apologized once more, though I hadn’t actually been the one to step on his glasses, if it weren’t for me they wouldn’t be broken at all. I liked to help people not break their stuff. At lest he was pretty understand about it everything, he could have been a real jerk. I stopped a few blocks down and turned, getting us safely across another street before turned back to him. “Ok, which way now?” I asked, reading off the nearest sign, just in case he needed a reminder of where we were.

WC : 124 / 1011
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Starting Gear Quest   Starting Gear Quest EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 6:19 pm

As we begin to walk I follow at her side, following her lead as she leads the way since I couldn't see very well. A strange eery silence fall upon as we walked and I began to wonder if I had ran into some strange killer girl that prays on people by offering to help them.. But that couldn't be true that simply sounded like some strange horror movie that you watch on tv. When she spoke again I was a bit relived, though she was apologizing again. I smiled faintly as I shook my head, " It's alright Nina. Thing's happen and that was just something that happened, so don't worry about it. " I said, nodding my head before glancing to her. She seemed like a really nice girl and really upset at the fact that my glasses had gotten broken, though it had upset me too but I knew I had a spare set in my apartment, I just had to get there to get them, it was like a quest, hehe. When we came to another stop I glanced around for a moment before looking back to her as she spoke. When she said the names of the streets I thought for a moment before naming off one of the streets she had said. We were only a few blocks away from my house so it wouldn't take us long to get back there, that was a good thing, though I can't really complain about being lead around by a girl, that's pretty nice, I just can't see her to well.

Post WC: 265
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Starting Gear Quest   Starting Gear Quest EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 7:12 pm

I was happy as he assured me again that it was ok, but I still felt bad, at least I had the chance to redeem myself for my horrible first impression. I lead him down the street, warning of curbs, poles, and other things to look out for.
“So, you look about my age, do you go to the high school then?” I asked, I hadn’t really gotten to know anyone there yet, so I couldn’t tell. I’d only actually gone to class about 3 days, the rest I had been in orientation and registration. But he could have been home schooled like I was for most of my life. We rounded a corner and I saw an apartment complex. “Oh is that it?”I would ask after he had answered.

WC : 130 / 1141
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Starting Gear Quest   Starting Gear Quest EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 7:32 pm

I continue to follow at her side watching out for all the obstacles she brought up as we made our way down the side walk. It was nice having someone guide me through the city and especially since it was a girl that seemed around my age. When she began speaking I glanced at her for a moment before turning my attention back ahead of us as I nodded, " Yes, I do go to school. School and I work a job as well. So I get to juggle both of those. " I said before falling silent for a moment. When we rounded the corner and she spoke again I glanced around for a moment, " Um, maybe. Is it a multi-story blue building? " I asked as I drew up a mental image of what my apartment building looked like. If nothing happened and we didn't get turned around we should be about there, we took all the right turns, or at least I hoped we did.

Post WC: 169
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Starting Gear Quest   Starting Gear Quest EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 9:41 pm

“Yeah, that sounds right.” I answered, it was a grey kinda blue, I thought, but I was no artist so far be it from me to debate the color of things. “Job and school? Wow that sounds like tough work, I envy you.” I said, I was pretty sure I wouldn’t be able to do something like that. I’d never worked a day in my life, actually I’d never been to public school either. I sighed to myself; there was just so much I wasn’t a part off. We entered and now was the moment of truth. Though I was sure he could find his apartment by himself I still tagged along to make sure. “Um hey, Seth, do you have a phone I could use?” I asked blushing slightly. I still needed to tell my aunty what happen and where I was.

WC : 143 / 1284
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Starting Gear Quest   Starting Gear Quest EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 1:14 pm

When she answered I smiled faintly, now all we had to do was get up to my floor and I could get my spare glasses. As she spoke about have a job and going to school being tough I nodded, though when she said she envied me I glanced at her, not exactly sure why she said that, it was a pain in the butt trying to go to work AND go to school, but I did it because I had to. As we made our way up to my apartment I took out the keys and handed them to her, pointing out the one to open the door with. Once we where in my apartment I glance around for a moment, now to get to my room. Oh crap! It isn't exactly clean.. When she asked about using my phone I glanced at her for a moment, ah! I could get to my room while she was on the phone that way she wouldn't see my messy room. " Yes I do, it's in the kitchen. " Now that I was in my apartment I could navigate my way around blind folded, " The kitchen is just down the hall on the left. The apartment was fairly small, a short hallway following the main entrance that opened up to a kitchen and a living room, a door off to the right side of the hall lead to my bedroom, which I didn't feel comfortable showing her at the moment since it had cloths strewn about the floor, laundry still needed to be done.

Post WC: 264
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Starting Gear Quest   Starting Gear Quest EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 4:59 pm

As we entered the apartment I couldn’t believe how small it was. Did people really live like this? I was sure my bedroom was the size of his entire house. It was kinda cozy though, I thought as he told me where the phone was.
“Great! Thank you!” I said not wasting a minute, I dialed up my Aunt. It rang a few times before she answered.
“H-hi Aunty Sophie! It’s Ni-chan….yeah well I got kinda lost….No I’m fine! Heh…the money? Well I sorta um…Lost it? Well you see I’m kinda lost myself…Can you send your driver to come get me?” As expected she was very upset with me, but she agreed to send her driver to come get me. The money, CD player, and cell phone wasn’t that big a deal, but that staff was a gift from my father. I really was an airhead to lost it, how could I do something so irresponsible?

WC: 156 / 1440
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Starting Gear Quest   Starting Gear Quest EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 5:15 pm

I nodded and released her hand when she went for the phone. I reached out and placed a hand against the wall and made my way to my room before pushing the door open. After pushing the door open I stepped into my room and pushed the door shut behind me, didn't want anyone to see the mess in here. Stepping away from my door I make my way over to my bed and sit on the edge of it before I reach out to my night stand and open the drawer and take out my spare glasses. " Here we go. " I said with a smile as I took the glasses and put them on. With them on I was finally able to see normally and I glanced around my room and groaned lightly, " She is probably still on the phone, that's good. ". Raising from my bed I left my room and glanced down the hall before heading to the kitchen as I looked for Nina, " Hey, Nina? "

Post WC: 174
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Starting Gear Quest   Starting Gear Quest EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 7:55 pm

I turned from the phone as I hung it up and waved. “Heya! Thanks so much for letting me your phone, I’ll repay you for the glasses, I swear.” I said thinking to myself of how I could repay him. “Um what seems like suitable payment? I could come cook you dinner every night for a week, or do your homework or do your laundry…. I’m good at all those things.” I added, though my auntie had servants who did most of that stuff when I was still living with my parents I had to do everything myself.

WC: 1538
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Starting Gear Quest   Starting Gear Quest EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 8:05 pm

Now that I had my spare set of glasses on I could see the girl I had come to know as Nina with out all the blurriness when I didn't have them on. I simply looked at her as he began to speak. Being able to see someone was a good thing and especially when it was a pretty girl. A faint blush began to appear on my cheeks as I looked at Nina and I cast my gaze away. She wanted to repay me for the glasses, that is really kind of her but I couldn't make her do those things. I finally shook my head faintly, " No, that's fine Nina. You don't have to do any of that to repay me. How about we be friends instead? " I asked, turning my gaze back to her as I smiled lightly.

Post WC: 143
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Starting Gear Quest   Starting Gear Quest EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 10:27 pm

I frowned a bit as he said I didn’t have to repay him, but I did. It just didn’t seem right not to, but for now I would let it go. “Hai! Lets be friends!” I said happily taking his hands and holding them up between my own as I smiled at him “I’ll be a good friend I promise!” I said with a giggle before remembering that Auntie’s driver would be coming soon. “Oh! Daniel will be here soon! I lost my cell, so I’ll have to wait for him out side.” I let go of his hands and trotted back to the door, slipping on my shoes before looking back at him. The wheels could be seen turning in my mind as I got an Idea. “Would you like to come along? I mean after all, I did get to see your home, if we are going to be friends you should see mine right?” I asked, but I’d never had a friend before, so I wasn’t sure how things really worked. All I had to go off of was what I’d seen on TV and in books.

WC: 1,728
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Starting Gear Quest   Starting Gear Quest EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 10:41 pm

When she agreed to be my friend I smile a bit more, glad to hear that she wanted to be friends. As she takes my hand into hers I glance at our hands for a moment, the blush on my cheeks growing as I listen to her continue speaking. " Y-Yeah. Good friends. " I said with a nod of agreement. A new friend and she is a pretty girl, this is great, now I would have someone else to hang out with. As she begins to mention someone I frown faintly. It was starting to sound like she had to go, that kind of sucked, I was hoping we could hang out some. But if she had to go that was fine. I let my hand fall back to my side as she made her way towards the door. I kept my gaze fixed on her, watching my new friend get ready to leave and go back to her house. In an instant things seemed to change as she began to speak again, asking if I would like to go with her. I nodded to her question, smiling a bit more as I followed after her, moving over to the door before slipping my own shoes on, " Yes, that sounds good. Your aunt wont have a problem will she? "

Post WC: 222
Back to top Go down
Broken
Intern
Broken

Female

PostSubject: Re: Starting Gear Quest   Starting Gear Quest EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 1:27 am

I Shook my head at his question "Oh no, of course not! My auntie’s a nice lady, kinda weird but she has been telling me to meet new people and make some friends." I added as we exited the apartment. I would wait for him to lock up before leading the way out side. I looked around but didn’t see the car anywhere. I sighed and leaned against the building while I waited. I had given the names of the cross streets over the phone, while they meant nothing to me, Daniel should know where they were, after all he’d driven this streets a lot longer than most people, at lest that what my aunt told me. So I wasn’t to worried about him getting lost, but I must have been a lot further from home than I thought if he still wasn’t here yet. I turned to Seth "So do you live here alone?" I asked, because I hadn’t seen anyone inside.

Wc: 1,891
Back to top Go down
яuиє
Ascended Tonberry
яuиє

Male

PostSubject: Re: Starting Gear Quest   Starting Gear Quest EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 8:49 pm

As she spoke I listened to her and stepped out of the apartment, nodding to what she had to say about her aunt. After stepping out of the apartment I turn and begin to lock up the door. Making sure it was locked before I began to follow after her as she lead the way back to the street. Coming out side, I came to a stop and glanced around for a moment. Having no clue what to look for, I fell back on her knowing what we are waiting on, so she would let me know when the person that is to be picking her up would arrive. I just hoped that she gave the right directions to my building.. When I heard her question I shifted my gaze to her and nodded faintly, " Yeah. I live here alone. " I answer, still looking at her.

Post WC: 148
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting Gear Quest   Starting Gear Quest Empty

Back to top Go down

Starting Gear Quest
Page 1 of 1