Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bio Raids!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male
Number of posts : 3438
Rep! : 29
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Bio Raids! Empty
PostSubject: Bio Raids!   Bio Raids! EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 3:16 pm

We have 2 pages of bios. Some of them are of inactive characters...
Normally, I like for ppl to have something to come back to if they ever come to the site, but if someone's been gone half a year, then I'll allow for them to be jacked.

Instead of deciding who is and isn't active, rewards could be given to people who point out inactive pages.

System:
An active member may pick any character (who doesn't belong to someone who's declared a hiatus) and make a new topic reading "Challenging [Character Name]"
A manager will email the character's member to let them know their bio is inactive and in danger.
Every week, the challenger may bump the thread once.
If the challenged player doesn't respond after three bumps, the challenger may kill off the inactive character, claiming anything on their bio, and is additionally awarded 3 TEXP.
The RP to kill off the character will take at least 500 words.

After raiding a bio, post here with the link to your bio, the things you stole from the other bio, and a link to the raided bio.
Back to top Go down
https://wotr.rpg-board.net
aѕceпxion
Ascended Tonberry
aѕceпxion

Male
Number of posts : 6937
Rep! : 110
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Bio Raids! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bio Raids!   Bio Raids! EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 9:53 pm

Is there a more efficient way of doing this? Three weeks is a long time to wait, especially if someone's been emailed a notification. It should only take about a week for that person to respond whether they care about their bio being safe or not. I would make it so they are still eligible to retain their EXP/TEXP via the death rules, but if they have something useful on their bio, it would make that free gain.

Also, for character's belonging to people like Jen who might actually come back, members should be able to claim and 'protect' those bios while using that person's character as an NPC to continually progress a storyline. There should also be a thread for Bio Raids as well.
Back to top Go down
Antifreke
Mystic Moogle
Antifreke

Female
Number of posts : 2378
Rep! : 18
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Bio Raids! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bio Raids!   Bio Raids! EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 9:55 pm

I like the killshot method..
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male
Number of posts : 2610
Rep! : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Bio Raids! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bio Raids!   Bio Raids! EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 9:59 pm

One week is quite enough for a character to be CLAIMED. I would say two weeks if someone wants to KILL and raid the character. I make the distinction b/c claiming the bio keeps the character in tact and if the original owner returns, nothing has changed except that they are probably stronger. After two weeks, a claimed character's bio can be raided by their new owner. I agree with giving them the TEXP/EXP, so long as the new owner is required to post a spoiler of the bio as it is when they take it over.

I suppose the exception would be SL characters since they can just be remade, so they don't get TEXP or EXP rewards. Just my thoughts on the matter.
Back to top Go down
ShinTre_Admin
Admin
ShinTre_Admin

Male
Number of posts : 3438
Rep! : 29
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Bio Raids! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bio Raids!   Bio Raids! EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:48 pm

make a write up for it and lemme see
let's go w/kaz's idea