Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

H2H Content Site ( Mirror ) - New Content Added 11/22!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Serendipitous Marketplace Rendezvous

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female
Number of posts : 3123
Rep! : 257
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Serendipitous Marketplace Rendezvous Empty
PostSubject: Serendipitous Marketplace Rendezvous   Serendipitous Marketplace Rendezvous EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 5:08 am

I never would have thought that the herbs I picked up last week would have already run out by now, but when half the staff are accident prone and are stupid enough to mess with things better left to professionals, the supply tends to get depleted rather quickly. At least it is a halfway decent day for marketplace browsing. As I approach there doesn't seem to be too large a crowd, which is a good thing because I do not have the patience to wait in line behind fifteen Mary Sues whining about the price of fresh herbs or whatever else they can find to complain about. I just want to hit the booths I frequent, get my ingredients, and be on my way in a timely manner. Walking along the path between the first section of stands lining both sides of the way, I gaze over the offered wares with a slight smile. Maybe one day I will actually be able to come here and shop purely for pleasure, but alas, today is certainly not that day. Continuing on until I reach the last booth in the first section, the one decorated with sheer scarves of every color imaginable, I peruse the fresh and dried clumps of greenery for sale. Generally I make a point to examine what is available at each booth before making my purchases but the wormwood that Lady Esmerelda has on display today is just too good to pass up. Picking up the last three bunches of the main ingredient for any hallucinogenic brew, I hand over a fair amount of money and move along to the second section of stalls, smaller than the first section but not quite the cardboard box displays of the final and cheapest section.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male
Number of posts : 2610
Rep! : 96
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Serendipitous Marketplace Rendezvous   Serendipitous Marketplace Rendezvous EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 3:51 am

I wake up and find Kiera snuggled up into my arms and I look down at her with an initial thought to telekinetically hurl him off of me, but I decide to leave her sleep. I walk out of my room and tell the guards to find... turning to look at her personal guardsman, I inquire what she's doing not only in my chamber, but in my bed. He looks at the two chamber guards then back at me. "My liege, you two came back here and passed out after the party. You were quite inebriated. Is something wrong?" I look at him and tell him that I have a white wing asleep in my bed and he wonders if there is a problem! One of my scouts from the Order rushes up to my chamber and kneels with a bowed head, "My Prince, your father's Sprite is in danger. Arden... he is hiding there. Somewhere in the marketplace. He is being hunted." I inquire if the scout is sure that it is Diocchus and he nods his head and tells me that Diocchus is noticeable. I nod to him and thank him for the knowledge. One of my servants approaches with my tea and tells me that we are out of the elixir that protects me against Blessings. Nodding to him, I tell him that he is coming with us then. He raises his eyebrows and a column of swirling light and energy forms around myself, the servant, and scout before we vanish from sight. Appearing on the other side, I complete the tail end of a quiet chant. "I am really starting to enjoy that power." The servant tries to gather himself and tells me that he hates that power. The scout and I chuckle and I tell the scout that he is to find Diocchus and bring him to me. He nods and melts into the shadows. "I really need to learn how to do that. That looks like fun and probably less taxing on one's spirit.

The servant and I walk around while he looks at herbs and fruits as well as vials of extracts, juices, and tonics. Some of this stuff smells awful... it becomes worse when he tells me that some of these awful smelling items are frequently used as seasoning for some of my favorite dishes. I shake my head and tell him that ignorance can be blissful. I tell him to speed things up until I notice a shop girl selling trinkets and such at one of the stalls in the second section. I probably wouldn't even have noticed that there are different sections if there wasn't a somewhat noticeable shift in quality of the booths and stalls. Approaching the young maiden, I find myself in the mood for sport. My servant just chuckles as he gets back to restocking.

Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Serendipitous Marketplace Rendezvous   Serendipitous Marketplace Rendezvous EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 4:08 am

The usual booths I patronize in the second section are situated toward the middle so my original intention is to head straight for them. As I pass by the third stall on the right, a selection of whimsy trinkets catches my eye. Oh how I would love the freedom to purchase one of the beautifully handcrafted necklaces the woman has on display today. Giving in to the sudden urge for fancy, I ask permission of the booth mistress to try one of the items on. Of course I know I won't be purchasing said item but I can't pass up the opportunity to see how something so nice would look around my neck. After being granted permission, I reach for a silver adorned amethyst and slide the open ends along the back of my neck. Securing the clasp, I gaze in the looking glass she holds up for me and bask in it's glory. The shiny metal compliments my complexion wonderfully and the stone is the exact shade of my eyes. In another life, I would not hesitate to make this trinket mine, but the life of a servant does not allow for such foolish purchases. The booth owner remarks on how lovely her piece looks around my throat while the glint in her eyes lets me know that she is expecting to secure this sale. With a heavy sigh, I thank her for the kind words and reluctantly begin to reach back so that I can remove the jewelry and move on.

Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Serendipitous Marketplace Rendezvous   Serendipitous Marketplace Rendezvous EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 5:11 am

In my peripheral, I notice some young maiden trying on jewelry as I approach the shop girl and she looks at me with a blushing smile. "Good morning, my lord." I snicker and look at her, "Starting with the formalities so early." She remarks, "My father will be here soon and I am working here." Smiling at her, I don't even turn to look at the girl with the necklace and inquire of the shop keep, "Would you like to make a sale then? If I can guarantee your first sale, think he'll let you make me breakfast?" She looks at me and tells me that her father thinks that I am dangerous. "And what do you think?" She walks over to try to shoo me away. "Come on, Psyre. If my father catches me being distracted by you..." I step forward towards her and her voice just drops. "Psy... re. I... have a customer." I grin at the shop girl and turn to the girl being the necklace to apologize for interrupting her purchase. When my eyes lock on the girl with the necklace around her neck, I pause for a moment and look at her. "I know you..." I pause for a moment and look at her intently before my senses broaden to search around me. There's no way she could have been sent by him. He had no way of... Diocchus. Speaking to the shop girl, I inform her, "She'll take the necklace. He'll cover the costs and send my best to your father. I told you that you'd make a sale." I smile at her before my attention turns back to the healer girl that once took care of me when I first came to Onitoshi. It seems like such a long time ago. "Let's take a walk, shall we?" My tone is calm and cordial tho my eyes show great suspicion.

342/847
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Serendipitous Marketplace Rendezvous   Serendipitous Marketplace Rendezvous EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 5:35 am

Before I have a chance to remove the necklace, a man walks up and distracts the woman working the booth. This gives me another few seconds to enjoy the feel of the jewelry at my neck before the girl starts to get anxious about me handing over money. As the two speak, with obvious familiarity, I make a point not to listen to their conversation.. that is until a single word catches my attention.

Did she just call him Psyre? It couldn't be the Prince she is speaking to, he looks nothing like the man I tended for the Mistress, I would surely recognize him if we ever met again. But how many men could there be in Onitoshi with that name? So far I had only come across one, and none others were close enough to mistake. Oh! I know what it must have been. She referred to him as 'my lord' to begin with. Her accent must have simply made 'sire' sound like 'Psyre'. That had to be it, unless my mind made it sound that way because of some deep... and I do mean DEEP... desire to know how he is faring these days. Thinking nothing else of the man, I decide to try again to remove the necklace but am stopped mid reach when he turns to focus on me and utters those damning words.
I know you.
You may think you know me bub, but I know for a fact that I would definitely remember meeting a man who looks like that.
Shutting up the internal voice, I offer the man a shy smile and shake my head, having completely missed the entire part about me keeping the necklace. "I'm afraid you must be mistaken, sir, for I would surely remember a man such as yourself." My brow wrinkles in confusion at the request to take a walk with him, especially after his eyes take on a strange look. I am not sure that I want to go anywhere with this stranger, especially not to a darkened alley where no one will bat an eye when I scream for my life. "Thank you for the offer, sir, but I really must be getting back to my mistress. She gets ever so angry when I dawdle." At this point I finally reach back to remove the necklace and return it to the display.

Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Serendipitous Marketplace Rendezvous   Serendipitous Marketplace Rendezvous EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 6:04 am

Remaining silent to listen to her reply, I peer at her before the shop girl tells her that she may keep it. Not waiting for her reaction either, I open my mouth to address her aloud, but instead decide to irritate her a bit. My eyes glow faintly before my voice would speak directly into her mind, "Aeliasa, I have neither the time nor patience for that walk to be a request. Denisca will not be alarmed. I do not wish to hurt you, but you are close to forcing my hand and as you can see , my powers are growing and you do not wish to be on the receiving end of them, so take the necklace and let's walk and talk." I smile at the servant girl before extending my hand for her to accompany me. "I insist. You've already gained one gift so far this morning... who knows where the day will take you. It may take you to Euphoria..." My eyes fall on Aeliasa to gauge her reactions and her response.

186/1033
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Serendipitous Marketplace Rendezvous   Serendipitous Marketplace Rendezvous EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 6:26 am

I tried not to appear alarmed, really I did, but you know having a guy I don't know speak directly into my mind, call me by name, call my Mistress by name, and then threaten me just kinda freaks me the hell out. The second his mental speech is finished I have made up my decision to bolt and pray that he is too proper to run through the marketplace after a lowly servant girl. Then he has to go and speak out loud... and mention Euphoria (which of course makes my eyes widen larger than a skipping stone). Damn it all to hell... or here, whatever... now he's actually got me thinking he COULD be the Prince. If he is then why does he look so damn different, not that it isn't a good thing, but he was plenty sexy before.

Damnit! I have to stay on task here!

Fine, I'll play along for a little while, long enough to find out what his intentions are and then I'll run. Taking the necklace from the display once more, I slip it into the pocket of my dress with a polite thanks for the shop girl. Next, I turn to look at the man while giving him my hand. "Alright, I will take a short walk with you, but then I must finish my duties and head back to my mistress."
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Serendipitous Marketplace Rendezvous   Serendipitous Marketplace Rendezvous EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 4:02 am

The two of us start to walk off and I speak softly to her, "Do not try to run from me as you won't escape. We're going to get caught up very quickly. Why is the dark sprite, Diocchus, being hunted within this city? Also, I find it very suspicious that you just... happen to be in Arden at the same time that Diocchus is being hunted. Are they watching you?" I look around the area using my new sensing powers to make sure that I just seem like some noble trying to tempt her. If she had not answered yet, a sutra card would appear in my right hand as I draw attention to it.

My servant is making his way towards the second section having finished his shopping list. The shop girl stops him so that he can pay for the necklace. He gives her a couple of small gems and she asks him, "Who is that girl that your master is walking with?" The servant looks up ahead to where we are and shrugs, "I've never seen her before, but I can tell you from how she's dressed, she's not his type. Why do you ask?" The shop girl tells him that we have history and that my whole demeanor changed when she arrived. The servant smirks and heads up ahead telling her that she has nothing to worry about. The servant comments to himself, "The Prince was slumming enough with you after all."

259/1292
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Serendipitous Marketplace Rendezvous   Serendipitous Marketplace Rendezvous EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 4:22 am

As I begin walking with the beautiful stranger he speaks softly to me as if he truly does know me. Again he mentions someone that only Psyre should know how to connect me to. This is all getting to be a bit too fishy for comfort so I stop walking for a moment and turn to face him. "Pardon me, sir, but before I can answer any of your questions I am going to need a few of my own answered. 'Who are you' and 'how do you know me' are topping the list right now. They are followed very closely by, 'How have you come to know the names of my mistress and the evil... I mean dark headache of a sprite'? If you truly are who you seem to be, then why do you look so different? Forgive my tone and my speaking out of place, but I need to know that you are really to be trusted before I tell you anything."

Since I had already begun to suspect that he could not only speak into my mind but read my surface thoughts as well... like how else would he know my plan was to run from him... I was being extra careful not to think of any answers to his questions to force him to answer mine before getting what he wants.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Serendipitous Marketplace Rendezvous   Serendipitous Marketplace Rendezvous EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 4:56 am

She has not answered my questions... wait, to make matters worse for herself, this puny servant dares to question me?! The first thought I have is to use my telekinesis to squeeze at her throat, but I hold off those urges and instead, I just smile at her. "Aeliasa, do you really believe you are in any position to demand anything from me?" My voice switches from vocal to telepathic as I attempt to use the Influence power, "You know who I am and I want to know if your Mistress or the Master of the Manticore sent you here to lure me out. You are going to tell me why Diocchus is being hunted and by whom? You are going to do this because you are loyal to me. So tell me what I want to know and when I am convinced that I can trust you, I may answer your questions." I have these new powers, so I might as well utilize and harness them. Besides, I have been told that force and threat of force are not always necessary to get the information that I need from someone. I look at her and hold a comforting demeanor as to not alarm her.

214/1506
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Serendipitous Marketplace Rendezvous   Serendipitous Marketplace Rendezvous EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 5:16 am

Almost immediately I knew that idea had been a very bad one. I wouldn't find out just how bad until the man switches from verbal communication to speaking directly into my mind again. This time it doesn't seem that he is just speaking but taking full control. I assume this is so he can root around in there to find what he is after. Lucky for me, and the Mistress, he can't find anything of value. The juciest piece of information contained within my mind is the fact that one of the kitchen girls is sneaking around with one of the shadow guys. It doesn't take long for me to catch on to how this particular power works. He isn't searching my mind for the answers, he is compelling me to give them up freely. Speaking half under the compulsion and half of my own free will, I give the man all the truth I know.

"You are the Prince, though no longer human, and my Mistress did send me to this marketplace today, but not to lure you out. My duty is to restock the healing herbs just like I am charged to do whenever necessary. I do not know why the sprite is being hunted, for I had no inkling that he was until you spoke of it. I am loyal to you only because you order it of me, my Mistress holds my true loyalty, as a condition of my servitude. That is all I can tell for it is all I know."

There, maybe now he will explain what has happened to him since we last met... and release me from this damned compulsion power before he makes me do something foolish, or admit to something I would rather keep hidden.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Serendipitous Marketplace Rendezvous   Serendipitous Marketplace Rendezvous EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 4:17 pm

Looking into her eyes, I can only nod to her. "Very well. I suppose there's no point in killing you then. I have a task for you, Aeliasa. Two actually. Your servant girl information was worthless at first, but now shows... promise. I need you to find someone for me. Have a little chat with this kitchen girl as you called her and tell her that you wish to meet..." My mental words are interrupted as the servant walks up. He smiles at Aeliasa as the scout appears at my side with scratches in his light leather armor. He speaks softly, "My lord, we should get going." I look at him and ask, "Where is he?" The scout opens his pouch and extracts the body of the small sprite with rune markings (tattoos) covering his head and parts of his face. "Is he...?" The scout nods, "Yes, my Prince. That is why we need to return." I hold my hands over his tiny form and begin chanting, "Aelirais os si Pas Castai, vaerysi cor jhori." I repeat the last three words again and a deep exhale is pushed from my lungs. Green, white, and gold spirit particles flow from my mouth to start floating around the sprite's body for a moment. They all cover him in a mist and flow into his body. After a moment, he takes a deep breath as he restored back to life. I breathe heavily for a moment before a second sutra card is formed in my left hand and both are thrown at two operatives that are approaching. The scout and servant block their ability to see me and as the card make their way over, I chant quickly, "Messengers of the Tyrn, keep them!" One of them connects, while the other is thrown off and to the right. The scout conceals his movement and fires a bolt from his armbow that explodes on contact. "I agree. Perhaps we should get going after all. First, I have a message to send. Get him and those supplies back home. I'll meet with you soon. She needs to get home." The scout looks at me, "That is not a wise..." My eyes turn to him and his objection ceases, "As you command." The scout and servant leave quickly leaving just Diocchus, Aeliasa, and myself.

421/1927
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Serendipitous Marketplace Rendezvous   Serendipitous Marketplace Rendezvous EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 12:23 am

A sigh of relief passes my lips after the man informs me that there would be no point in killing me. How much he has changed since our previous meeting extends to more than just his appearance and it doesn't seem to be all positive changes that have taken place. At least he was nice enough to release the compulsion power he was holding over me, it was good to have my free will back. The man continues to speak, mentioning a task.. or two.. that he has for me. He's lucky today is a slow day for me. I can't help but wrinkle my nose when he says that he wants me to chat with the kitchen girl... I would much rather talk to her phantom lover at least he has enough intelligence to hold a decent conversation, even if talking to the shadows in the corner of the room gets a little irritating after a while. Before Psyre can finish telling me of my tasks we are interrupted by two men who apparently work for him.

Being the good little servant that I am, I remain silent and allow the men to speak. I am even able to hold back a shocked gasp when one of the men produces the unmoving body of the sprite. Before it even occurs to me to offer my assistance in healing the poor thing, Psyre takes it upon himself to revive him. That's just fine with me, more healing magic I can keep for later. Just when I think there has been enough excitement for one meeting, Psyre and his men evidently prevent some sort of attack from befalling our gathered group. While I am grateful to not be injured right now, I am more than ready to leave these danger magnets and head back to my relatively safe home. Once the threat is taken care of, Psyre sends his men away... after silently correcting the one that seemed to have a problem with me being allowed to return to my Mistress alive and well... so that only he and I are left... well the sprite too but he barely counts for half. Once we two and a quarter are alone, I return my gaze to Psyre. "You were saying..."
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Serendipitous Marketplace Rendezvous   Serendipitous Marketplace Rendezvous EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 1:17 am

Diocchus looks at me, "Amazing... you must be Psyre, heir of Prince Quinto and the new Lord of Xartias. You risk much coming here yourself, young Prince. You risk too much if you are thinking of going to the Manticore Compound. Whatever it is that you are after, leave it there." I shake my head. "You spent years trying to create Euphoria for my father. As such, I will not leave it to one who is undeserving." Switching to telepathic conversation, I continue, "Also, I believe the properties within it can cure me of a very annoying problem that I seem to have acquired thanks to my mother. Both blessings and curses greatly weaken me and I really don't like that. I do not possess the magic to have her carry out a task for me. I want you to place runes on her so that when she is revived a message appears to Denisca." The dark sprite grins at me and responds via telepathy, "That is truly playing with death, young Prince, but you saved my life, so I will gladly aid you. What is the message?" I look at Aeliasa and smile, "Denisca, you have followed orders all this time and I am grateful, but soon you will need to make a choice. The House of Volos Korol is no more, but the new House of Veilos Syli is rising. The Shyr Beis and the Orderof the Veilys serve me loyally as they did my father. Take your time and think about this... which House do you truly serve... Manticore or Quinto's? I will take everything that belongs to my father. I hope you are not standing in my way when I do." Diocchus looks at me and I nod to him. He begins the chanting as I tell Aeliasa to get ready to go. Once Diocchus finishes, he smiles at Aeliasa and stands on my shoulder. I grab Aeliasa's hand and chant, "Airil si karaer!" A column of light surrounds us and so long as she is unable to break free, we would vanish within an instant.

Moments later, we appear in my father's old private Cellar. Looking around, Diocchus asks me where we are sending all of this and I tell him that it's coming home to Xartias with us. I open four portals to transport all of the Bloodwyne and I feel a major drain on my powers. Diocchus gives me some "White Bloodwyne" and I feel quite a bit of my energy return to me. "Is that everything?" Diocchus nods while my back is turned to the entrance and a voice speaks from behind me, "One thing is left, for you to die for being so stupid." Without turning around I recognize the voice, "I don't have time for that, Denisca, but I left you a message all the same." I can feel Denisca take a step forward and I release my transformation and my tail wraps around Aeliasa's neck. "She has information that you might want. If I kill her, you won't know what I know about Quinto's heir." Denisca stays where she is and I telepathically ask Diocchus if he can open a portal or disrupt her magic. Diocchus tells me that he can teleport, but not as far as we would need to go. Damn... I need to make sure that my next move is well calculated.

601/2528
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Serendipitous Marketplace Rendezvous   Serendipitous Marketplace Rendezvous EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 4:35 pm

Instead of conitnuing on with telling me what tasks he has for me, the man ignores me completely to converse with the revived sprite. If only this conversation could be taking place six years in the future when I don't have to worry about how the Mistress will punish my insubordination. Alas, it is not, and I am under strict orders not to use any abilities against someone above my station unless I am directed otherwise so I really have no choice but to stand with the two obnoxious males while they converse... oh that's just rich, now I bet they're talking into each other's minds just so I can't hear what is being said... all while I continue to stand here with better things to do. I still have many herbs to purchase and my time allowance is running out quickly. As if he knew what I was thinking... which wouldn't surprise me after everything else that has occurred in this reunion so far... Psyre tells me to get ready to go while the little sprite starts a chant of some sort. Shaking my head, I attempt to explain that I still had shopping to do before I could return to my Mistress, but much like everything else I've said today, my words fall on deaf ears.

When the sprite finishes his chant, Psyre grabs my hand while beginning one of his own. Before I can pull away from him we are surrounded by a column of light. A curse passes my lips the instant I realize that we are leaving the market, the Mistress will be so angry with me to learn that I failed to carry out a simple shopping mission. This man is seriously going to be the cause of my demise. After getting me into trouble the first time we met I had hoped that this time would not have the same ending... obviously my hope was futile.

Arriving at our destination, I recognize the cellar where the bloodwyne is kept. Why do I have the feeling that isn't going to go over well? When the males start to talk about 'sending' all of it somewhere I know, without a shred of doubt, that this is going to end very badly, probably worse for me than for either of them. With nothing to do or contribute, and no permission to try and stop them, I have no purpose in this room other than to stand where I am and look unecessary. Just when I think the situation can't get any worse, I hear the voice of my Mistress and feel my heart sink beneath the floor. Now not only am I a witness to what they are doing behind her back, I am an accomplice. Psyre mentioned earlier that there was no point in killing me, but that is exactly what he has just done.

The shock on my face as I feel a tail wrap around my neck is genuine. Though I have already figured out that my death is coming soon, I did not think it would come from his own hand. Even as my body instinctively fights against the man's hold I can tell it will do no good. My only option is to pray that he will release me and escape, then I will be at the mercy of the Mistress.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Serendipitous Marketplace Rendezvous   Serendipitous Marketplace Rendezvous EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 7:08 pm

Looking at Denisca, there is a standoff between the two sides with this innocent servant in the middle. In all honesty, I do wish to hurt Aeliasa as she took very good care of me when I was ill here from the first flare of Quinto's power. Still, if I must sacrifice here then that is something that I must be willing to do. Diocchus telepathically tells me that we need to figure out how to escape. Denisca glares at me as she draws forth her Leiga. "You won't be able to hurt me with your Leiga, Denisca." Her glare turns to a suspicious stare as she tries to figure out who I am. She can tell that I am a Dark Kami pureblood from the transformation, but who I am is still a complete mystery to her. She smirks, "So Likata's son lives and you have found out about your uncle. Impressive. You are still going to die. She begins to chant and I respond, "Jo vi shu po tu ka!" A flood of sutra cards flow from my palms and form a circle between Denisca and I. They glow faintly and I look at her with a grin. My tail having found its way securely around Aeliasa's throat begins to tighten. "I don't think you want to force my hand because I already know the truth, Denisca. You want to find Quinto's heir because only he can release you from that which has taken everything you loved from you."

Two of Denisca's agents appear on her flanks and they fire magical attacks at me and I shake my head as they disintegrate upon reaching the perimeter of the sutra cards. Denisca takes a step forward and speaks to me, "Why did you come here?" I tell her that I wanted what was rightfully mine and to send a message. Diocchus speaks into my mind, "I have found one who can help us and he is far more loyal to you via your father than to the Manticore." I respond telepathically, "How quickly can he get here?" Diocchus snickers telepathically, "Command those two to die and you will have your answer, my Prince." I grin and I tell Denisca, "I would love to continue this reunion, but it is time for me to go. Oh and allow me to show you a power that I gained from my mother, whom you held no warm feelings for... your barriers that you stalled for... you know the ones that are able to prevent teleportation... Ias tandros talyr cyr ti!" The barriers drop and I begin the next chant. Her agents dash at me and a shimmering image passes in front of them as they reach the sutra card "barrier". Denisca dashes forward and the shimmer moves in front of Aeliasa and stabs at her chest with a dagger. If the attack connects, the shimmer would twist the dagger to open the wound to ensure she bleeds out as it passes by. Once behind her, the shimmer takes form as a Phantom in front of me and Denisca exclaims with anger, "Torizo!" At the first sign of her blood, my tail releases from her throat and whips to and fro behind me. If there was no blood then I would have to try and break her neck with my tail before a shadow energy infused palm strike to the back would send Aeliasa's body flying towards Denisca to distract Denisca and discard the body. "Saji ti sai... Xartias." Denisca looks at me when I name the destination and the column of energy swirls around us and we are gone from the room.

Aeliasa's body, provided that you died, would not hit the ground painfully as Denisca's telekinetic prowess would kick in to catch her. Wanting to know the message, Denisca does exactly what is expected of her and kneels down next to Aeliasa. She opens the servant's mouth and takes a deep breath. She focuses for a moment before a green and white mist exits her mouth and flows down into Aeliasa's mouth. As the magical properties of the Shyr Beis' breath of revival power take effect, Denisca notices that Aeliasa is glowing. She cuts away the servant's clothing and looks at her. She starts reading the message and her eyes widen. "It cannot be... how could he... The Kunashi Ritual. What choice could he be talking about? How does he possess such power at such a young age. Did Quinto have powers that even I did not know about and I thought Koheya... a mixing of two pure bloodlines. There is no telling what he is capable of." Denisca rises as Aeliasa starts to return to the land of the living and teleports both of them to Denisca's private study so that they may speak in private. Once Aeliasa has regained her bearings, Denisca tosses her some clothes and asks, "What happened before you arrived here? Who was that?"

872/3400
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Serendipitous Marketplace Rendezvous   Serendipitous Marketplace Rendezvous EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 7:56 pm

During the standoff and the fighting that follows, I am helpless to act. I don't even speak for fear that the tail circling my throat would tighten and make it impossible. Basically I just stand there, with the former human Prince's non human tail wrapped around my neck waiting for my death blow to come. After the Prince and my Mistress speak back and forth the tail does begin to tighten on my throat causing my eyes to widen even more out of sheer terror. While I really don't like the idea of dying, I do not fear death itself. I do, however, fear the slow and agonizing death asphixiation would provide.

Just when I think that my fear will burst my heart, I witness the shimmering form appear in front of me. A split second later there is a sharp pain in the center of my chest followed by the sensation of warmth flooding the front of my body. When compared to enduring the life being choked out of me, having my heart opened by a blade and the life force within me spilled is much better. Awareness escapes me even before my body is thrown toward my Mistress. My final thought as the darkness takes over is that at least I am finally free.

Freedom doesn't last long around here. My Mistress wasted no time in giving me her life restoring breath. Once awareness returned and my newly sealed heart began to beat once more she teleports us away to her private suite. It doesn't takelong for me to gain my bearings, I wasn't dead long enough to begin enjoying it, so when she tosses the clothes my way I am ready to slip them on and answer her questions.

As I discard the tattered garments of my death and slip the fresh ones over my form, I detail the events of my day for the Mistress. I do not try to make myself sound more innocent than I am, I even admit to speaking rudely to the man initially. I simply tell her everything I heard and saw in the time leading up to her appearance in the Cellar. When I finish all of that I mention once more the man's identity, at least the identity I now assume to be his. "The Prince you had me tend to a while back. The sprite called him Psyre, Quinto's heir and new lord of Xartias." I did not say any more, her questions were answered and I had no right to ask any of my own. I simply waited to learn what my punishment would be.
Back to top Go down
Psi Prince
Mystic Moogle
Psi Prince

Male

PostSubject: Re: Serendipitous Marketplace Rendezvous   Serendipitous Marketplace Rendezvous EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 9:21 pm

Listening to all of the events, Denisca nods and grins. "You have done well, Aeliasa. You will be moved to serve as one of my personal handmaidens." Anticipating a look of confusion and shock, she tells the healer servant that she did not break and she did not beg for her life when my tail threaten to drain it out of her. Her grin fades away as her tone becomes deathly serious, "You will speak of what happened today to no one. You will arrive back here after you finish your shopping. You did not meet Psyre in the marketplace. Do you understand, Aeliasa?" Denisca walks over to her and shows her the Leiga. "You have seen what this can do. Your loyalty is to me, correct? I will not have it waver. As easily as I returned you to life, I can send you to the Sea of Spirits." Denisca walks past her and grabs a book with old writing on it. The book floats over to Aeliasa. "When I don't have you working, learn to defend yourself. You may need to do so, soon enough. Psyre is fueled by his inherited anger, but he did not wish to kill you, which is why Torizo had to do it. Psyre needed you to die so that I could receive his message. Return to your shopping and come see me later." After a closing exchange between the two, Denisca would point at her and open a portal for Aeliasa to return to Arden.

Once the healer is out of Denisca's private suite, the Mistress sits down at her desk and removes an old diary. She shakes her head and puts it away. "Prince Quinto... Xartias... My sisters..." The Mistress looks around her chamber and tries to figure out what she should do in regards to my message to her. There is no doubt in her mind that my message was a precursor of battle and revenge for what she figures to be the Order and Monare telling a one side story. While most of it would be true, the reasoning behind certain decisions are unknown to me because even I cannot believe that they are pulling out of spite and betrayal. Denisca teleports out of the compound to go and clear her thoughts, which probably means that a raiding party or group of pathway brigands are about to die.

Arriving in Xartias, the portal opens and we pass thru it. Diocchus looks at me and tells me that I am completely and utterly insane! "If anyone questioned whether or not you were truly Quinto's son, they need only witness what you just did. Very well done, my Prince." I chuckle and tell him that I agree that it was foolish, but it was a message that needed to be sent and besides, "My father loved your Bloodwyne so I would like to enjoy it as well." Mularis and some of the guards start to surround the Phantom and I smirk, "Stand down, Mularis. You all probably don't want to set him off. This is Torizo, Diocchus' Phantom." Diocchus looks at me and smirks, "Psyre, Torizo serves you, young Prince. He was protecting you not me." I look at him and nod with a grateful smile, "I thank you and hope that you will continue to serve me." Torizo nods, "My master told me to remain with the Inquisitor and so I did until they turned against him. I am ready to serve you as my master did your Order." I nod to him and look at Diocchus, "Can I truly trust him, Inquisitor?" The dark sprite lands on my shoulder and speaks into my mind, "He will protect you with his life and he will never betray you. He is the male version of a Shyr Beis." We start walking into the main compound and I stop at look at the ruins of the old palace. "Welcome to Xartias, Torizo. Your new home. Diocchus, we need to talk." Torizo nods to me and follows me inside.

- EXIT RP -

720/4120
Upgrade: Void - Portal (Honed)
Upgrade: Spirit - Grand Dispel (Honed)
+120 EXP
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Serendipitous Marketplace Rendezvous   Serendipitous Marketplace Rendezvous EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 10:07 pm

Have you ever heard the phrase 'a fate worse than death'? Well if you haven't, let me explain what it is. A fate worse than death is when you would willingly and happily choose death numerous times over to avoid the aforementioned fate. This is exactly what goes through my mind when I hear that I am to be moved to serve as one of the Mistress's personal handmaidens. In my current position within the household I am largely left to my studies and my healing arts without much interference from the Mistress. Now that tiny bit of independence is going to wither away and die. Of course I do not let my dissapointment show on my face, as far as my Mistress is concerned I am honored to be considered for the status change.

After she finishes detailing what I am not supposed to speak of or admit to, I nod quickly and force out a prompt, 'Yes, Mistress.' After showing me the Legia and questioning the strength of my loyalty, I nod again and assure her that my loyalty lies steadfast with her. Next comes the book she sends across the room to me. I al informed that I will be learning how to defend myself, that is the one thing so far today that makes me truly happy. I can learn more than what I already know from this book and being instructed to learn allows me the freedom to practice openly. Holding the book securely against my chest, I rise to my feet and prepare to be teleported back to the marketplace where I am to finish my shopping chore.

Barring any more unforseen events, I should be able to wrap up the shopping fairly quickly... though now I will have to settle for whatever herbs are left rather than catching the pick of the selection earlier. As I complete my task and begin to head back toward the compound I can't help but wonder if I will ever see the Prince again... and if I do will he have changed his mind about wanting to kill me himself?

3424 total wc to Psyre
Back to top Go down
Surreal SaDiablo
Ascended Tonberry
Surreal SaDiablo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Serendipitous Marketplace Rendezvous   Serendipitous Marketplace Rendezvous EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 2:58 am

Updated
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Serendipitous Marketplace Rendezvous   Serendipitous Marketplace Rendezvous Empty

Back to top Go down

Serendipitous Marketplace Rendezvous
Page 1 of 1